|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What falls from Umberto's plane?
(a) Triffid seeds.
(b) Triffid instructions.
(c) Pink triffid oil.
(d) Triffid plants.
2. What brings Bill into the alley where he finds a blind man and his captive?
(a) A dog's bark.
(b) A child's laugh.
(c) A woman's scream.
(d) A man's voice.
3. Where do Bill and Josella agree the light in the night came from?
(a) A farmhouse.
(b) A plane.
(c) A university tower.
(d) A forest.
4. What happened to Bill as a child that caused curiosity about triffids?
(a) He grew one for a science project.
(b) He was stung by one.
(c) He ate one accidentally.
(d) He killed one.
5. What feeling does Bill have at the end of Chapter Three?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He is elated.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He is relieved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bill go in the beginning of Chapter Three?
2. Why does Vorless proclaim the community can support blind women?
3. What is Josella's opinion of the future?
4. What does Bill try to do to the sighted leader of the drunks?
5. What is one theory of how the triffids appeared?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the difference between Josella's view of triffids and Bill's. Why are they do drastically different?
2. What surprises Josella about her actions when she was captive?
3. Describe the circumstances that resulted in Bill's hospitalization.
4. What are the potential uses of satellites, according to Bill?
5. Explain why Bill decides to go to London at the beginning of Chapter Three?
6. Do you think the narrator is right to leave the blind group in the lobby of the hospital, knowing they cannot see to get out?
7. Describe the scene where the narrator first learns of the blindness that plagues mankind.
8. Describe the walking style of a triffid.
9. Explain how the seeds of the triffid came to spread across the world, according to the story by Bill of Umberto Palanguez.
10. Explain what the landlord at the end of chapter 1 plans on doing, and how.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)