|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josella admit she fears most in being alone?
(a) Being raped.
(b) Being killed.
(c) Being caught again.
2. What do people learn about triffids that surprises and disgusts them slightly?
(a) They are full of germs.
(b) They are carnivores.
(c) They are diseased.
(d) They are animals.
3. What does Bill hear as he eats in the garden?
(a) A woman playing piano and singing.
(b) A man playing piano and singing.
(c) The sounds of children playing.
(d) The sounds of traffic.
4. What is the function of the Colonel?
(a) He admits individuals into the blind colony.
(b) He admits individuals into the sighted colony.
(c) He is in charge of assigning duties.
(d) He is in charge of the kitchen.
5. What does the sighted leader of blind drunks take from the streets and give to one of the men?
(a) A child.
(b) A woman.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Josella to have to leave her vehicle as she went to find the doctor?
2. What does Bill try to do to the sighted leader of the drunks?
3. What did Bill's father do for a living?
4. What does Beadley note could have happened to the world?
5. Why does Vorless proclaim the community can support blind women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Bill decides to go to London at the beginning of Chapter Three?
2. Explain the difference between Josella's view of triffids and Bill's. Why are they do drastically different?
3. Describe the circumstances that resulted in Bill's hospitalization.
4. Describe the argument between the sighted leader of the blind at the gates of University Tower and the sighted leaders of the sighted colony at the university.
5. Explain Vorless' opinion on the new role of men and women in society.
6. Explain the irony of the blind man Bill finds in Chapter Three, who was blind before the comet.
7. What is revealed about the new use for sighted children and blind women in Chapter Three?
8. Give a brief explanation of the various speculations pertaining to the coming of the triffids.
9. What surprises Josella about her actions when she was captive?
10. Explain the argument of Beadley that the world is better off after the comet than it was before.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)