|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one theory of how the triffids appeared?
(a) They were magical.
(b) They were planted by gardeners.
(c) They were spontaneously generated.
(d) They were planted by a radical group.
2. Where do Bill and Josella go at the end of Chapter Four?
(a) To China.
(b) Back to London.
(c) To Ireland.
(d) To the United States.
3. What is the young woman's name?
(a) Josella Smith.
(b) Josella Russell.
(c) Josella Playton.
(d) Josella Jones.
4. How does the narrator follow the event?
(a) By internet postings.
(b) By television.
(c) By radio.
(d) He watches it.
5. How does Bill know so much of the triffids?
(a) He grows them.
(b) He has one in his home.
(c) We works with them.
(d) He developed them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill claim is the reason there were few wars in the time immediately prior to the triffids?
2. Where does Bill go at the end of Chapter Three?
3. What does Beadley note could have happened to the world?
4. What is the man at the end of Chapter 1 going to do?
5. How does the blind man have the woman held captive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Bill decides to go to London at the beginning of Chapter Three?
2. Explain why the Colonel and the others want to leave London?
3. What is revealed about the new use for sighted children and blind women in Chapter Three?
4. Describe the events of the night of May 7th, in terms of what the narrator notes is said to have occurred, according to history books.
5. Explain the difference between Josella's view of triffids and Bill's. Why are they do drastically different?
6. Explain the argument of Beadley that the world is better off after the comet than it was before.
7. Describe why Bill finds it difficult at first to break the law, even for food.
8. Explain why Bill feels a sense of relief at his new situation?
9. Explain what the landlord at the end of chapter 1 plans on doing, and how.
10. Why does Bill not kill the man holding Josella captive?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)