|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some nations eject into space?
(a) Nuclear missiles.
(c) Unwanted people.
(d) Satellites with atomic heads.
2. What does Bill try to do to the sighted leader of the drunks?
(a) Report him.
(b) Hit him.
(c) Join him.
(d) Kill him.
3. What does Bill reveal about radio broadcasts?
(a) There are none.
(b) They are jumbled.
(c) Those in other countries are still functioning.
(d) They are normal.
4. How does the blind man have the woman held captive?
(a) She is tied to him, with her hands also tied.
(b) She is tied to a wall, with her feet bound.
(c) She is tied to him, with her feet bound.
(d) She is tied to a wall, with her hands also tied.
5. Why is the narrator particularly anxious on the first day of the novel?
(a) Doctors will remove bandages from his knee.
(b) Doctors will remove bandages from his eyes.
(c) Doctors will remove stitches from his face.
(d) Doctors will remove staples from his legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill recall Walter saying about the triffids and blind men?
2. Where does Bill take the young woman?
3. What do Bill and Josella see at the gates of the University Tower?
4. What brings Bill into the alley where he finds a blind man and his captive?
5. How does Bill know so much of the triffids?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the different aspects of society Bill and Josella say goodbye to in Chapter Five.
2. Following the witness of a couple committing suicide, Bill admits to himself that he must 'grow a hide'. Explain his meaning.
3. Do you agree with Bill's statement at the end of Chapter Six that man is lost without his ability to see? Why or why not?
4. Explain how Coker meets with Bill again.
5. Explain why the Colonel and the others want to leave London?
6. Describe the scene where the narrator first learns of the blindness that plagues mankind.
7. Explain what Bill finds at Tynsham.
8. Describe the plan under the Emergency Council.
9. Describe the argument between the sighted leader of the blind at the gates of University Tower and the sighted leaders of the sighted colony at the university.
10. Describe how Joyce became poisoned and how she was saved.
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)