|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Bill in Russell Square?
2. What does Dennis learn to help him in the future?
3. What does Coker believe Miss Durrant wants?
(a) A way out.
(c) A lover.
(d) A child.
4. Where does Bill go at the end of Chapter Twelve?
(d) Sussex Downs.
5. Who does Bill not find at Tynsham?
6. Who does the young woman in Beaminster believe is coming to save them?
(a) No one.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Irish.
7. Where has Bill arrived at the beginning of Chapter Fourteen?
(c) New Forest.
(d) Shirning Farm.
8. Why can Bill leave at the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) Most of his group have fled, as the rest are dying of plague.
(b) Most of his group have starved, and the rest have escaped.
(c) Most of his group have been shot, and the rest have escaped.
(d) Most of his group have died of plague, and the rest have been shot.
9. What does Bill begin to see in London proper?
10. What does the group see at night on the roof?
11. Who does the little girl want Bill to check on?
12. What happened to Susan's friend?
(a) He was killed by a triffid.
(b) He died of the plague.
(c) He starved to death.
(d) He fell into a well.
13. What does the redheaded leader of the other group do when he sights Bill?
(a) He swears at them.
(b) He shoots at them.
(c) He follows them to their hotel.
(d) He says hello.
14. What method does the group use next to search for Beadley's party?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) A fighter jet.
(c) A tank.
(d) A boat.
15. Why does Coker argue that the young woman mending in the kitchen is at fault?
(a) She started an engine wrong.
(b) She is lazy.
(c) She has no direction.
(d) She does not try to use her brains.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Coker escape blindness?
2. What does Bill find in the hallway as he runs?
3. What does Miss Durrant see as the fall of mankind?
4. What wakes Bill at the beginning of Chapter Eight?
5. What does Bill help the young woman do at the end of Chapter Eight?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)