|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Bill leave at the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) Most of his group have died of plague, and the rest have been shot.
(b) Most of his group have starved, and the rest have escaped.
(c) Most of his group have fled, as the rest are dying of plague.
(d) Most of his group have been shot, and the rest have escaped.
2. What does Bill find in the hallway as he runs?
3. What does Josella realize as she explains her escape from Russell Square, and the gunshot?
(a) That Coker was the one who fired the shot.
(b) That Susan was the one who fired the shot.
(c) That Bill was the one who fired the shot.
(d) That Miss Durrant was the one who fired the shot.
4. What does Susan tell Bill to do at the end of Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Take her indoors.
(b) Take Josella indoors.
(c) Take Coker indoors.
(d) Take Miss Durrant indoors.
5. Who finds Bill in Russell Square?
6. Where do Coker and Bill go at the end of Chapter Nine?
(a) The two go to the United States.
(b) The two go to London.
(c) The two go to Tynsham.
(d) The two go to Ireland.
7. What happened to Susan's friend?
(a) He starved to death.
(b) He died of the plague.
(c) He fell into a well.
(d) He was killed by a triffid.
8. What does Bill help the young woman do at the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) Kill her keeper.
(b) Find food.
(c) Commit suicide.
9. Who does Bill not find at Tynsham?
10. What surprises Bill when he hears Coker quote poetry?
(a) Coker has a photographic memory.
(b) Coker is uneducated.
(c) Coker has a Northern accent.
(d) Coker is well spoken.
11. Why can Joyce not be moved?
(a) She is weak from triffid poison.
(b) She is weak from pregnancy.
(c) She is weak from illness.
(d) She is weak from hunger.
12. How did Coker escape blindness?
(a) He was hiding out in a cellar.
(b) He was in jail.
(c) He was in bed.
(d) He was in the hospital.
13. Who does Bill find at the cottage?
(b) Miss Durrant.
14. What does Coker help to do at Tynsham?
(a) Restore water.
(b) Restore power.
15. What does Miss Durrant see as the fall of mankind?
(a) Laziness and stubbornness.
(c) Decadence, immorality, and lack of faith.
(d) Thanklessness and selfishness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Bill at the beginning of Chapter Eight?
2. What does the group see at night on the roof?
3. What strikes the man in Steeple Honey inn?
4. What does the redheaded leader of the other group do when he sights Bill?
5. Where does Miss Durrant indicate Beadley's party has gone?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)