|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Bill in Russell Square?
2. What does Coker believe Miss Durrant wants?
(b) A lover.
(c) A child.
(d) A way out.
3. What did Stephen Brennell do prior to the crisis?
(a) He was a member of the stock exchange.
(b) He was a doctor.
(c) He was a member of a social club.
(d) He was a lawyer.
4. What does Bill notice about his hands?
(a) They are burned.
(b) They are broken.
(c) They are bloody.
(d) They are tied together.
5. Who does the young woman in Beaminster believe is coming to save them?
(a) No one.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Irish.
(d) The Russians.
6. What does Bill learn Coker did at the University?
(a) Set a fire to kidnap the sighted.
(b) Faked a fire to kidnap the blind.
(c) Set a fire to kill the sighted.
(d) Faked a fire to kidnap the sighted.
7. What happened to Susan's friend?
(a) He fell into a well.
(b) He starved to death.
(c) He was killed by a triffid.
(d) He died of the plague.
8. What does Miss Durrant see as the fall of mankind?
(b) Decadence, immorality, and lack of faith.
(c) Laziness and stubbornness.
(d) Thanklessness and selfishness.
9. What does Bill load up on at the beginning of Chapter Nine?
10. What saved Joyce's life?
(a) Dennis and Mary's ability to care for her.
(c) A local doctor.
(d) An antidote.
11. Why can Joyce not be moved?
(a) She is weak from triffid poison.
(b) She is weak from pregnancy.
(c) She is weak from illness.
(d) She is weak from hunger.
12. What does Coker explain is Bill's new job?
(a) He is to be the muscle for his armed group.
(b) He is to be an inside man at the colony.
(c) He is to work on a farm to produce more food.
(d) He is to be the eyes for a group of blind individuals.
13. Where do Coker and Bill go at the end of Chapter Nine?
(a) The two go to Tynsham.
(b) The two go to the United States.
(c) The two go to Ireland.
(d) The two go to London.
14. At University Tower, where does the writing say the community has gone?
15. Where has Bill arrived at the beginning of Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Shirning Farm.
(b) New Forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bill search first for Josella?
2. What does Bill reiterate to Coker about triffids?
3. What does Bill eventually see in the darkness?
4. Why can Bill leave at the end of Chapter Eight?
5. What strikes the man in Steeple Honey inn?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)