|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Bill drives too fast in the small town?
(a) He hits a person.
(b) He hits a triffid.
(c) He runs into a building.
(d) He runs into a van.
2. What does Bill discover has happened at Tynsham?
(a) The plague has hit.
(b) The people have fled.
(c) The people have rioted.
(d) The people have been killed by triffids.
3. Why does Coker argue that the young woman mending in the kitchen is at fault?
(a) She has no direction.
(b) She is lazy.
(c) She started an engine wrong.
(d) She does not try to use her brains.
4. What do Coker and Bill find at Tynsham?
(a) It is deserted.
(b) A community of blind.
(c) A community of sighted.
(d) A community of blind and sighted.
5. What happened to Susan's friend?
(a) He was killed by a triffid.
(b) He starved to death.
(c) He died of the plague.
(d) He fell into a well.
6. What feeling does Bill have after his long first day searching for Josella?
7. What does Josella realize as she explains her escape from Russell Square, and the gunshot?
(a) That Bill was the one who fired the shot.
(b) That Miss Durrant was the one who fired the shot.
(c) That Coker was the one who fired the shot.
(d) That Susan was the one who fired the shot.
8. What does Bill learn Coker did at the University?
(a) Set a fire to kill the sighted.
(b) Faked a fire to kidnap the sighted.
(c) Set a fire to kidnap the sighted.
(d) Faked a fire to kidnap the blind.
9. Why does Bill argue Coker would be better with Beadley group?
(a) He is too lazy.
(b) He is too religious.
(c) He is too driven.
(d) He is too smart.
10. Why can Bill leave at the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) Most of his group have starved, and the rest have escaped.
(b) Most of his group have died of plague, and the rest have been shot.
(c) Most of his group have fled, as the rest are dying of plague.
(d) Most of his group have been shot, and the rest have escaped.
11. What does Bill notice is attracted to the farm?
12. What does Bill learn on the fifth day of his slavery that worries him?
(a) There is despair spreading through the group.
(b) There is a sickness spreading through the group.
(c) Half the group has died.
(d) Half the group has been lost.
13. Where does Bill find Josella's district to be?
(d) Lake District.
14. Where do Coker and Bill go at the end of Chapter Nine?
(a) The two go to Ireland.
(b) The two go to Tynsham.
(c) The two go to London.
(d) The two go to the United States.
15. How did Coker escape blindness?
(a) He was in the hospital.
(b) He was hiding out in a cellar.
(c) He was in jail.
(d) He was in bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bill search first for Josella?
2. Who does Bill not find at Tynsham?
3. Who does Bill find at the cottage?
4. What does Bill help the young woman do at the end of Chapter Eight?
5. What does Coker believe Miss Durrant wants?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)