|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bill take the young woman?
(a) To her car.
(b) To his apartment.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To a pub.
2. What does Josella admit she fears most in being alone?
(a) Being raped.
(b) Being caught again.
(c) Being killed.
3. Why does Bill not help people in the beginning of Chapter Four?
(a) He is cruel.
(b) He sees they do not need assistance.
(c) He is unable to see.
(d) He sees they are slowly losing control.
4. Where do Josella and Bill stay on the first evening?
(a) An extravagant apartment.
(b) A hovel.
(c) A hotel room.
(d) Josella's home.
5. What did Bill's father do for a living?
(a) He worked for the Revenue Department.
(b) He worked for a company producing triffids.
(c) He worked for a local zoo.
(d) He worked for a law firm.
6. How does Bill make the solution to his hunger even more acceptable?
(a) He offers his garden food to others.
(b) He offers to help the person who makes his food.
(c) He offers part of the dead animal to others.
(d) He pays for his food.
7. What happens to Bill as he tries to help Pearson?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is stung by a triffid.
(c) He is hit by a car.
(d) He is attacked by a blind man.
8. Why does Bill have trouble solving his hunger problem at first?
(a) He cannot find food.
(b) He does not have money.
(c) He cannot find a shop.
(d) He does not want to break the law.
9. Who is Elspeth Cary?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A nurse.
10. Why does Josella wear such extravagant clothing the first evening Bill and she are together?
(a) She is saying goodbye to frivolity.
(b) She is trying to reclaim her beauty.
(c) She always dresses in such a manner.
(d) She is trying to entice Bill.
11. What is one theory of how the triffids appeared?
(a) They were magical.
(b) They were spontaneously generated.
(c) They were planted by gardeners.
(d) They were planted by a radical group.
12. How does Bill know so much of the triffids?
(a) He has one in his home.
(b) We works with them.
(c) He developed them.
(d) He grows them.
13. How does the narrator follow the event?
(a) By internet postings.
(b) By television.
(c) By radio.
(d) He watches it.
14. What does Walter Lucknor claim the plants are doing when they strike their three sticks against their base?
(a) They are counting.
(b) They are calling others.
(c) They are mating.
(d) They are talking.
15. Where does Josella suggest they go in the morning?
(b) Sussex Downs.
(c) Lake District.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bill believe the triffids came to be?
2. What day does the narrator compare Wednesday to, based on sound?
3. What do Bill and Josella find when they reach her father's house?
4. What does the sighted leader of blind drunks take from the streets and give to one of the men?
5. What do some nations eject into space?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)