|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beadley think of Bill in relation to triffids?
(a) He thinks he is an expert.
(b) He thinks he is uneducated.
(c) He thinks he is afraid.
(d) He thinks he is unsound.
2. Who is Elspeth Cary?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A reporter.
3. What day does the narrator compare Wednesday to, based on sound?
4. Why does Josella wear such extravagant clothing the first evening Bill and she are together?
(a) She is trying to entice Bill.
(b) She always dresses in such a manner.
(c) She is saying goodbye to frivolity.
(d) She is trying to reclaim her beauty.
5. How does Bill know so much of the triffids?
(a) We works with them.
(b) He developed them.
(c) He has one in his home.
(d) He grows them.
6. Why does Bill seem to be looking forward to the future?
(a) He can find a new wife.
(b) He is no longer employed.
(c) He is no longer a cog, but his own master.
(d) He can find a new profession.
7. What does the triffid do at the end of Chapter Four?
(a) It begins to 'talk'.
(b) It attacks the car.
(c) It dies.
(d) It kills Josella.
8. Where did the main character, William Masen, grow up?
(a) A southern suburb of Dublin.
(b) A southern suburb of London.
(c) A northern suburb of Venice.
(d) A northern suburb of Chicago.
9. What do Bill and Josella see at the gates of the University Tower?
(a) An argument between a sighted man and a woman.
(b) An argument between the sighted and the blind.
(c) An argument between two blind men.
(d) An argument between two women.
10. What happened in Indo-China that related the strangeness of the triffid?
(a) The plant died.
(b) The plant walked.
(c) The plant grew to 18 feet.
(d) The plant talked.
11. What does the man in Chapter Three steal for the young mother and her child?
12. What do Bill and Josella see in the night that chooses for them where to go in the morning?
(a) The light of a plane in the distance.
(b) A light from a fire in the distance.
(c) Car lights in the distance.
(d) A bright searchlight in the distance.
13. What is the function of the Colonel?
(a) He admits individuals into the sighted colony.
(b) He is in charge of the kitchen.
(c) He admits individuals into the blind colony.
(d) He is in charge of assigning duties.
14. What time does the clock chime, which indicates a problem to the narrator?
15. Where do Bill and Josella agree the light in the night came from?
(a) A plane.
(b) A forest.
(c) A university tower.
(d) A farmhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bill's father do for a living?
2. What do some nations eject into space?
3. What has Bill decided by the end of Chapter Two?
4. Why does Vorless proclaim the community can support blind women?
5. How does Bill solve the hunger issue to his standards?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)