|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Josella agree to the taking on of blind women for such a purpose?
(a) She can justify it because the choice gives them survival.
(b) She can justify it because the choice gives them purpose.
(c) She can justify it because the choice gives them babies.
(d) She can justify it because the choice gives them money.
2. What does the sighted leader of blind drunks take from the streets and give to one of the men?
(a) A cat.
(b) A child.
(c) A dog.
(d) A woman.
3. What is the function of the Colonel?
(a) He admits individuals into the sighted colony.
(b) He is in charge of assigning duties.
(c) He is in charge of the kitchen.
(d) He admits individuals into the blind colony.
4. Who does the narrator meet at the end of Chapter 1?
(c) A doctor.
(d) The landlord of the pub.
5. What falls from Umberto's plane?
(a) Triffid plants.
(b) Triffid instructions.
(c) Triffid seeds.
(d) Pink triffid oil.
6. What alerted Josella to the crisis?
(a) Her husband was blind.
(b) Her child was blind.
(c) Her mother was blind.
(d) Her father was blind.
7. What is his response to what he hears in the garden?
(a) He sits quietly.
(b) He screams.
(c) He cries.
(d) He yells for silence.
8. What was the result of this event?
(a) An explosion.
(b) Bright green lights in the sky.
(c) A lack of moonlight.
9. What jobs are given to Bill and Josella by Michael Beadley?
(a) To collect medical supplies.
(b) To collect transportation.
(c) To collect food and supplies.
(d) To collect money.
10. Who is Elspeth Cary?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A reporter.
11. How does Bill make the solution to his hunger even more acceptable?
(a) He offers part of the dead animal to others.
(b) He offers his garden food to others.
(c) He offers to help the person who makes his food.
(d) He pays for his food.
12. Why does Bill seem to be looking forward to the future?
(a) He can find a new wife.
(b) He is no longer a cog, but his own master.
(c) He is no longer employed.
(d) He can find a new profession.
13. Why does Bill have trouble solving his hunger problem at first?
(a) He does not have money.
(b) He cannot find food.
(c) He cannot find a shop.
(d) He does not want to break the law.
14. What does the man in Chapter Three steal for the young mother and her child?
15. What does the elderly man Bill sees in the beginning of Chapter Four carry?
(a) Red paint.
(c) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beadley think of Bill in relation to triffids?
2. What is one theory of how the triffids appeared?
3. Who does Bill meet first in Chapter Three?
4. What did Bill's father do for a living?
5. What caused Josella to have to leave her vehicle as she went to find the doctor?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)