|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator particularly anxious on the first day of the novel?
(a) Doctors will remove stitches from his face.
(b) Doctors will remove staples from his legs.
(c) Doctors will remove bandages from his eyes.
(d) Doctors will remove bandages from his knee.
2. What does the triffid do at the end of Chapter Four?
(a) It attacks the car.
(b) It kills Josella.
(c) It begins to 'talk'.
(d) It dies.
3. Where does Bill take the young woman?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To her car.
(c) To a pub.
(d) To his apartment.
4. What do Bill and Josella see in the night that chooses for them where to go in the morning?
(a) Car lights in the distance.
(b) A bright searchlight in the distance.
(c) The light of a plane in the distance.
(d) A light from a fire in the distance.
5. What does Bill reveal about radio broadcasts?
(a) They are normal.
(b) There are none.
(c) They are jumbled.
(d) Those in other countries are still functioning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bill go in the beginning of Chapter Three?
2. How does the group begin to deal with the triffids?
3. How does the blind man have the woman held captive?
4. How does Bill try to signal Josella?
5. What do some nations eject into space?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)