|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Coker and Bill go at the end of Chapter Nine?
(a) The two go to London.
(b) The two go to Ireland.
(c) The two go to the United States.
(d) The two go to Tynsham.
2. What does Bill try to do to the sighted leader of the drunks?
(a) Hit him.
(b) Report him.
(c) Join him.
(d) Kill him.
3. What was considered the main problem in the world prior to the triffids?
(a) Lack of food.
(b) Lack of water.
(c) Lack of oxygen.
(d) Lack of sunlight.
4. Where does Bill find Josella's district to be?
(a) Lake District.
5. What does Bill claim is the reason there were few wars in the time immediately prior to the triffids?
(a) Everyone lived happily together.
(b) No one believed their chances of winning were good.
(c) No one had contact with one another.
(d) Everyone believed the same things, politically.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Colonel suggest the colony does immediately?
2. Why does Josella wear such extravagant clothing the first evening Bill and she are together?
3. What surprises Bill when he hears Coker quote poetry?
4. What does Bill load up on at the beginning of Chapter Nine?
5. What book does Josella admit she wrote?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)