|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bill and Josella see at the gates of the University Tower?
(a) An argument between two women.
(b) An argument between the sighted and the blind.
(c) An argument between a sighted man and a woman.
(d) An argument between two blind men.
2. What does Bill point out to Josella after the argument?
(a) That the sighted are wrong to ignore the blind.
(b) That they cannot hope to save the sighted.
(c) That they cannot hope to save the blind.
(d) That they must choose between saving the sighted, and saving the blind.
3. What does Umberto Christofoto Palanguez bring to the Arctic & European Fish Oil Company?
(a) Pink triffid oil.
(b) Triffid instructions.
(c) Triffid plants.
(d) Triffid seeds.
4. What jobs are given to Bill and Josella by Michael Beadley?
(a) To collect food and supplies.
(b) To collect transportation.
(c) To collect medical supplies.
(d) To collect money.
5. What happened in Indo-China that related the strangeness of the triffid?
(a) The plant walked.
(b) The plant died.
(c) The plant talked.
(d) The plant grew to 18 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bill believe the triffids came to be?
2. What did Bill's father do for a living?
3. Why is the narrator particularly anxious on the first day of the novel?
4. Who is the young woman on the committee at the meeting?
5. Where did Bill first see a triffid?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)