|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What falls from Umberto's plane?
(a) Pink triffid oil.
(b) Triffid seeds.
(c) Triffid instructions.
(d) Triffid plants.
2. How does Bill make the solution to his hunger even more acceptable?
(a) He offers his garden food to others.
(b) He offers to help the person who makes his food.
(c) He offers part of the dead animal to others.
(d) He pays for his food.
3. What was considered the main problem in the world prior to the triffids?
(a) Lack of oxygen.
(b) Lack of water.
(c) Lack of sunlight.
(d) Lack of food.
4. What do people learn about triffids that surprises and disgusts them slightly?
(a) They are full of germs.
(b) They are carnivores.
(c) They are diseased.
(d) They are animals.
5. What does Vorless, the sociologist, say about belief?
(a) Belief can not be right or wrong, but only right for a specific population.
(b) Belief is always right.
(c) Belief can be both right and wrong.
(d) Belief is either right, or wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young woman on the committee at the meeting?
2. What happened in Indo-China that related the strangeness of the triffid?
3. What do Bill and Josella see in the night that chooses for them where to go in the morning?
4. What does Bill recall Walter saying about the triffids and blind men?
5. What is the function of the Colonel?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)