|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man at the end of Chapter 1 going to do?
(a) Murder his wife.
(b) Murder his children.
(c) Leave town.
(d) Commit suicide.
2. How does the narrator learn that blindness has afflicted people?
(a) He hears it on the radio.
(b) He watches a news cast on television.
(c) He finds blind persons in a ward.
(d) A nurse explains it to him.
3. What falls from Umberto's plane?
(a) Triffid seeds.
(b) Triffid plants.
(c) Pink triffid oil.
(d) Triffid instructions.
4. Why does Bill seem to be looking forward to the future?
(a) He is no longer employed.
(b) He can find a new wife.
(c) He is no longer a cog, but his own master.
(d) He can find a new profession.
5. What does Bill hear as he eats in the garden?
(a) A man playing piano and singing.
(b) The sounds of children playing.
(c) The sounds of traffic.
(d) A woman playing piano and singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in Chapter Three steal for the young mother and her child?
2. What is his response to what he hears in the garden?
3. What alerted Josella to the crisis?
4. How does Bill believe the triffids came to be?
5. Where did Bill first see a triffid?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)