|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator meet at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) The landlord of the pub.
(b) A doctor.
2. What is one theory of how the triffids appeared?
(a) They were magical.
(b) They were planted by a radical group.
(c) They were planted by gardeners.
(d) They were spontaneously generated.
3. What does the triffid do at the end of Chapter Four?
(a) It kills Josella.
(b) It begins to 'talk'.
(c) It dies.
(d) It attacks the car.
4. What is the young woman's name?
(a) Josella Playton.
(b) Josella Smith.
(c) Josella Jones.
(d) Josella Russell.
5. What happened to Bill as a child that caused curiosity about triffids?
(a) He grew one for a science project.
(b) He killed one.
(c) He was stung by one.
(d) He ate one accidentally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the function of the Colonel?
2. What brings Bill into the alley where he finds a blind man and his captive?
3. What does Bill learn on the fifth day of his slavery that worries him?
4. What is Bill tied to once allowed outside?
5. How does Bill believe the triffids came to be?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)