|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill help the young woman do at the end of Chapter Eight?
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Find food.
(d) Kill her keeper.
2. What do Bill and Josella find when they reach her father's house?
(a) The blind have attacked and killed everyone.
(b) Her father has gone mad.
(c) Triffids have attacked and killed everyone.
(d) Sighted burglars have attacked and killed everyone.
3. What saved Joyce's life?
(a) An antidote.
(b) A local doctor.
(c) Dennis and Mary's ability to care for her.
4. How does Dennis keep from becoming lost?
(a) He uses a compass as he walks.
(b) He strings twine behind him as he walks.
(c) He uses a radio to communicate with the sighted.
(d) He marks his way with chalk so others can find him.
5. What does Josella realize as she explains her escape from Russell Square, and the gunshot?
(a) That Susan was the one who fired the shot.
(b) That Miss Durrant was the one who fired the shot.
(c) That Coker was the one who fired the shot.
(d) That Bill was the one who fired the shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dennis find in the village?
2. How does Bill suggest they begin to search for Josella in the Downs?
3. How does Bill try to signal Josella?
4. What does Alf admit he thinks about whether people are coming to rescue them?
5. Why can't Bill simply take Josella away from the farm?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)