Chapters 1 and 2
1. What day does the narrator compare Wednesday to, based on sound?
2. What time does the clock chime, which indicates a problem to the narrator?
3. Why is the narrator particularly anxious on the first day of the novel?
(a) Doctors will remove staples from his legs.
(b) Doctors will remove bandages from his knee.
(c) Doctors will remove bandages from his eyes.
(d) Doctors will remove stitches from his face.
4. What is the name of the hospital in which the narrator is residing?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) St. Mary's.
(c) St. Merryn's.
(d) St. Julian's.
5. What does the narrator note occurred on May 7th?
(a) A comet fell to Earth.
(b) There was a lunar eclipse.
(c) There was a solar eclipse.
(d) The Earth passed through comet debris.
6. What was the result of this event?
(a) An explosion.
(b) A lack of moonlight.
(d) Bright green lights in the sky.
This section contains 4,559 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)