Chapters 1 and 2
• In Chapter One, the narrator wakes in the hospital following a week of rest and bandaged eyes, but is startled to find he cannot hear the normal sounds of traffic or daily life.
• The narrator recalls hearing of a comet-debris storm the night before and, after removing his own bandages, finds everyone around him is blind.
• In Chapter Two, Bill Masen, revealed as the narrator, tells of his previous experiences with triffids, which are plants that can walk and seem to communicate.
• Walter Lucknor, a friend of Bill's and an expert on triffids, is introduced.
• Triffids are revealed to be carnivores who strike humans with their stingers across the eyes in an effort to blind them, so they can eat them as they decompose.
Chapters 3 and 4
• In Chapter Three, Bill finds himself unable to loot for food due to lingering morality, although he eventually breaks down...
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)