|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Grant thinking about when he mentioned the beauty with the gilt hair?
2. What in Chapter 14 was Henry VII's first action as king?
3. What was the date that Edward died?
4. Who was the IRA financed by?
5. What is properly ironic about the covenanters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What differs in the accounts of how Henry VI's son dies?
2. What did Laura mention about the Martyrs?
3. What idea makes the whole notion of the murder of his nephews ludicrous?
4. What is odd about the Tyrrel confession?
5. What kinds of atrocities did the supposed people of God (Covenanters) commit?
6. What did Richard do on the Fifth of June?
7. What is the difference in previous records of Henry and Richard?
8. What was the actual goal of the Covenanters?
9. What was the difference in the Queen Dowager's treatment under Edward and under Henry?
10. What is the difference between what the dragoons were and what they are considered to be by the majority of the populace today?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how historical accuracy is necessary to formulate an honest opinion of a person, place or event. Is it ever possible to get accounts that are truly historically accurate? How do you determine whether one account is more accurate than another?
Essay Topic 2
Can you see any examples of foreshadowing in this book? List them and explain why you chose these citations.
Essay Topic 3
Define martyrdom and how it shapes the outside view of a culture or country. How do people react to martyrdom? Compare how people reacted in the fourteenth century to how people react now.
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)