|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grant do in order to keep himself from arguing a biased side in Richard's favor?
2. Where did Richard and his wife move after June 5th?
3. What is properly ironic about the covenanters?
4. Who did Grant forget to inquire about?
5. How does Carradine's face react at the mention of Thomas More?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Brent's message to Alan?
2. What evidence is there to show that Richard wasn't vindictive to Lord Hastings?
3. Why doesn't Grant write the book on Richard the Third?
4. What led Carradine to believe that Richard wanted to end the feud between the Lancasters and Yorks?
5. What idea makes the whole notion of the murder of his nephews ludicrous?
6. What is interesting to note about Richard III's heirs?
7. What did Richard do on the Fifth of June?
8. What is considered to be almost inappropriate actions of the royal family following Edward's death?
9. What is the difference in previous records of Henry and Richard?
10. What differs in the accounts of how Henry VI's son dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Can you see any examples of foreshadowing in this book? List them and explain why you chose these citations.
Essay Topic 2
In your opinion, what is the most convincing reason for Richard not to have killed his nephews? Take quotes from the book and argue creatively.
Essay Topic 3
Compile a list of reasons why it is unlikely Richard III killed his nephews. Compile a list of reasons it is likely Henry VII killed the young Plantagenet heirs. Create a case against Henry and attempt to vindicate Richard III.
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)