|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a dragoon?
2. What was the Amazon's opinion of telegrams?
3. What was Richard's first move when Edward died?
4. What in Chapter 14 was Henry VII's first action as king?
5. Who had a place of honor at Richard's coronation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What else troubles Alan regarding the nephews, other than the lack of motive to murder them?
2. How did repealing Titulus Regius provide Henry VII with a motive for murder?
3. What evidence is there to show that Richard wasn't vindictive to Lord Hastings?
4. What did Laura mention about the Martyrs?
5. When reviewing Thomas More's account of Richard the Third, what problem did Alan come up with?
6. What was the actual goal of the Covenanters?
7. What kinds of atrocities did the supposed people of God (Covenanters) commit?
8. What is the difference between what the dragoons were and what they are considered to be by the majority of the populace today?
9. What led Carradine to believe that Richard wanted to end the feud between the Lancasters and Yorks?
10. What is Brent's message to Alan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Quote the Matron's opinion of Richard the Third. Explain why her opinion is the most accurate of any other person. Compare and contrast her opinion with at least two other characters in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Grant reminisces so often about old England. Why do you think he longs so much for this older version of his homeland? What beauteous things did it offer? What were its downfalls?
Essay Topic 3
Carradine is described as being extremely doting on Atlanta before he found his purpose, and then almost ignoring her to the point of his 'not being any use to her' when he finds a calling. Suggest reasons why this would be the case. Explain what affect this would have on their relationship and on her psyche.
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)