|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal was Henry VII compared to?
2. Who sent Alan a letter?
3. Who had the ability to blow the Act of Titulus Regius to pieces and out to public again?
4. Who were arrested as conspirators?
5. What sex were the martyrs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the difference in the Queen Dowager's treatment under Edward and under Henry?
2. What else troubles Alan regarding the nephews, other than the lack of motive to murder them?
3. What idea makes the whole notion of the murder of his nephews ludicrous?
4. What kind of steps would Richard have taken if the rumor about him killing his nephews was a general rumor?
5. In what ways was Henry VII "sideways as a crab?"
6. What is considered to be almost inappropriate actions of the royal family following Edward's death?
7. Why doesn't Grant write the book on Richard the Third?
8. What was the actual goal of the Covenanters?
9. What did Richard do on the Fifth of June?
10. Why was the pardoning of Lord Stanley the signing of Richard's own death warrant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Imagine why Mrs. Tinker always carries the same ratty handbag and wears the same hat. What does this say about the character? What does this explain about her personality? Why do you think that she never wore the bags that Grant bought her?
Essay Topic 2
How does Grant's demeanor change throughout his stay at the hospital? Explain why and how this is the case.
Essay Topic 3
In your opinion, what is the most convincing reason for Richard not to have killed his nephews? Take quotes from the book and argue creatively.
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)