|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did Grant believe he would sleep to?
2. How much of a Scotsman is Grant?
3. Out of those Richard had executed, who was most cherished?
4. What does Carradine believe was Richard's ambition?
5. When did the younger boy join his brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea makes the whole notion of the murder of his nephews ludicrous?
2. What differs in the accounts of how Henry VI's son dies?
3. What is noted about the general reception of Richard taking over as Protector of England?
4. What is considered to be almost inappropriate actions of the royal family following Edward's death?
5. What was the difference in the Queen Dowager's treatment under Edward and under Henry?
6. Why doesn't Grant write the book on Richard the Third?
7. What kind of steps would Richard have taken if the rumor about him killing his nephews was a general rumor?
8. What is interesting to note about Richard III's heirs?
9. What led Carradine to believe that Richard wanted to end the feud between the Lancasters and Yorks?
10. When reviewing Thomas More's account of Richard the Third, what problem did Alan come up with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Imagine why Mrs. Tinker always carries the same ratty handbag and wears the same hat. What does this say about the character? What does this explain about her personality? Why do you think that she never wore the bags that Grant bought her?
Essay Topic 2
Briefly describe the city of London before the Great Fire. How would the cityscape differ had those buildings still stood? What century(s) of architecture were wiped out? How did the fire start? How many people were rumored to have died?
Essay Topic 3
Suggest reasons why Grant doesn't believe he'll like actual detective work as much as he enjoyed researching Richard III. What is the difference between being a detective and being a researcher?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)