|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had the ability to blow the Act of Titulus Regius to pieces and out to public again?
2. Who arrived when Brent left?
3. What did the Midget bring him?
4. Who had a place of honor at Richard's coronation?
5. What kind of bun did the Amazon bring Alan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between what the dragoons were and what they are considered to be by the majority of the populace today?
2. What kinds of atrocities did the supposed people of God (Covenanters) commit?
3. What led Carradine to believe that Richard wanted to end the feud between the Lancasters and Yorks?
4. What is noted about the general reception of Richard taking over as Protector of England?
5. Why was it important to Morton that Richard be removed from the throne?
6. What evidence is there to show that Richard wasn't vindictive to Lord Hastings?
7. What is Brent's message to Alan?
8. What is interesting to note about Richard III's heirs?
9. What else troubles Alan regarding the nephews, other than the lack of motive to murder them?
10. What was the difference in the Queen Dowager's treatment under Edward and under Henry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Can you see any examples of foreshadowing in this book? List them and explain why you chose these citations.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Josephine Tey goes through a complete history lesson while creating a detective story. How does history intertwine with the mystery?
Essay Topic 3
Suggest reasons why Grant doesn't believe he'll like actual detective work as much as he enjoyed researching Richard III. What is the difference between being a detective and being a researcher?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)