|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the original draft of the Titulus Regius Act turn up?
2. What does Carradine believe was Richard's ambition?
3. Who was Grant thinking about when he mentioned the beauty with the gilt hair?
4. What was the gist of the rumor issued by France?
5. What is properly ironic about the covenanters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is interesting to note about Richard III's heirs?
2. What was Henry the Seventh's first action when he came to the throne?
3. What evidence is there to show that Richard wasn't vindictive to Lord Hastings?
4. Why doesn't Grant write the book on Richard the Third?
5. What differs in the accounts of how Henry VI's son dies?
6. What idea makes the whole notion of the murder of his nephews ludicrous?
7. What else troubles Alan regarding the nephews, other than the lack of motive to murder them?
8. What is odd about the Tyrrel confession?
9. What did Richard do on the Fifth of June?
10. What is noted about the general reception of Richard taking over as Protector of England?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compile a list of reasons why it is unlikely Richard III killed his nephews. Compile a list of reasons it is likely Henry VII killed the young Plantagenet heirs. Create a case against Henry and attempt to vindicate Richard III.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Josephine Tey goes through a complete history lesson while creating a detective story. How does history intertwine with the mystery?
Essay Topic 3
Carradine is described as being extremely doting on Atlanta before he found his purpose, and then almost ignoring her to the point of his 'not being any use to her' when he finds a calling. Suggest reasons why this would be the case. Explain what affect this would have on their relationship and on her psyche.
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)