|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of those Richard had executed, who was most cherished?
2. What did the Midget bring him?
3. Who were arrested as conspirators?
4. Which animal was Henry VII compared to?
5. What is the major problem with the tale of the martyrs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence is there to show that Richard wasn't vindictive to Lord Hastings?
2. How did repealing Titulus Regius provide Henry VII with a motive for murder?
3. What led Carradine to believe that Richard wanted to end the feud between the Lancasters and Yorks?
4. How does Carradine plan to write the book on Richard III?
5. What did Laura mention about the Martyrs?
6. Why doesn't Grant write the book on Richard the Third?
7. What is noted about the general reception of Richard taking over as Protector of England?
8. What kinds of atrocities did the supposed people of God (Covenanters) commit?
9. When reviewing Thomas More's account of Richard the Third, what problem did Alan come up with?
10. What idea makes the whole notion of the murder of his nephews ludicrous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Josephine Tey goes through a complete history lesson while creating a detective story. How does history intertwine with the mystery?
Essay Topic 2
Quote the Matron's opinion of Richard the Third. Explain why her opinion is the most accurate of any other person. Compare and contrast her opinion with at least two other characters in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why would a background in psychology be something that Grant would recommend that all historians should do before being able to write? Is that necessary for historians that focus on things like economics or religion? Explain and defend your answer.
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)