|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brent offer to bring Grant?
2. How many conspirators were there in the plot to kill King Richard?
3. What act was Richard's death warrant?
4. Who did Grant forget to inquire about?
5. What does Carradine say most criminals are unable to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between what the dragoons were and what they are considered to be by the majority of the populace today?
2. What kind of steps would Richard have taken if the rumor about him killing his nephews was a general rumor?
3. What else troubles Alan regarding the nephews, other than the lack of motive to murder them?
4. What did Richard do on the Fifth of June?
5. What idea makes the whole notion of the murder of his nephews ludicrous?
6. What did Laura mention about the Martyrs?
7. Why was it important to Morton that Richard be removed from the throne?
8. Why was the pardoning of Lord Stanley the signing of Richard's own death warrant?
9. What was the actual goal of the Covenanters?
10. What evidence is there to show that Richard wasn't vindictive to Lord Hastings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Grant reminisces so often about old England. Why do you think he longs so much for this older version of his homeland? What beauteous things did it offer? What were its downfalls?
Essay Topic 2
Compile a list of reasons why it is unlikely Richard III killed his nephews. Compile a list of reasons it is likely Henry VII killed the young Plantagenet heirs. Create a case against Henry and attempt to vindicate Richard III.
Essay Topic 3
What are the questions that Grant draws up in Chapter 9? Why are they significant?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)