|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the British public react to the execution of people who fought at Richard III's side?
2. What did Grant do in order to keep himself from arguing a biased side in Richard's favor?
3. Who was Grant thinking about when he mentioned the beauty with the gilt hair?
4. Thomas More's account said that Edward was previously married to whom?
5. Who had the ability to blow the Act of Titulus Regius to pieces and out to public again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea makes the whole notion of the murder of his nephews ludicrous?
2. What is Brent's message to Alan?
3. What is the difference in previous records of Henry and Richard?
4. What is considered to be almost inappropriate actions of the royal family following Edward's death?
5. How does Carradine plan to write the book on Richard III?
6. What is interesting to note about Richard III's heirs?
7. How did repealing Titulus Regius provide Henry VII with a motive for murder?
8. What is noted about the general reception of Richard taking over as Protector of England?
9. What led Carradine to believe that Richard wanted to end the feud between the Lancasters and Yorks?
10. What is the difference between what the dragoons were and what they are considered to be by the majority of the populace today?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despite there being several vindications of Richard III written in the centuries to follow, they still didn't appear in the history books. Suggest reasons why this would be the case.
Essay Topic 2
Carradine is described as being extremely doting on Atlanta before he found his purpose, and then almost ignoring her to the point of his 'not being any use to her' when he finds a calling. Suggest reasons why this would be the case. Explain what affect this would have on their relationship and on her psyche.
Essay Topic 3
Imagine why Mrs. Tinker always carries the same ratty handbag and wears the same hat. What does this say about the character? What does this explain about her personality? Why do you think that she never wore the bags that Grant bought her?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)