|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difference between the way Richard and Henry view the boys?
2. What time did Grant believe he would sleep to?
3. What was the gist of the rumor issued by France?
4. What does Carradine say most criminals are unable to do?
5. Where does Marta think you would have to go to find someone who would be friends with the man who killed their sons?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did repealing Titulus Regius provide Henry VII with a motive for murder?
2. What else troubles Alan regarding the nephews, other than the lack of motive to murder them?
3. Why doesn't Grant write the book on Richard the Third?
4. In what ways was Henry VII "sideways as a crab?"
5. How does Carradine plan to write the book on Richard III?
6. What is the difference in previous records of Henry and Richard?
7. What is the difference between what the dragoons were and what they are considered to be by the majority of the populace today?
8. What is Brent's message to Alan?
9. What was Henry the Seventh's first action when he came to the throne?
10. What led Carradine to believe that Richard wanted to end the feud between the Lancasters and Yorks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In your opinion, what is the most convincing reason for Richard not to have killed his nephews? Take quotes from the book and argue creatively.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Henry's validity on demonizing Richard the third would have been destroyed if people had known exactly what happened to the boy princes. Name another historical situation that people might look differently at if they knew the whole truth.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Josephine Tey goes through a complete history lesson while creating a detective story. How does history intertwine with the mystery?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)