|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is properly ironic about the covenanters?
2. Who did Grant forget to inquire about?
3. Who is "gunning for" Alan?
4. Who was pardoned twice?
5. What is a dragoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between what the dragoons were and what they are considered to be by the majority of the populace today?
2. What did Laura mention about the Martyrs?
3. What is Brent's message to Alan?
4. Why was it important to Morton that Richard be removed from the throne?
5. What is the difference in previous records of Henry and Richard?
6. What was the actual goal of the Covenanters?
7. Why doesn't Grant write the book on Richard the Third?
8. What differs in the accounts of how Henry VI's son dies?
9. What kinds of atrocities did the supposed people of God (Covenanters) commit?
10. What was Henry the Seventh's first action when he came to the throne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Grant's demeanor change throughout his stay at the hospital? Explain why and how this is the case.
Essay Topic 2
Define martyrdom and how it shapes the outside view of a culture or country. How do people react to martyrdom? Compare how people reacted in the fourteenth century to how people react now.
Essay Topic 3
In your opinion, what is the most convincing reason for Richard not to have killed his nephews? Take quotes from the book and argue creatively.
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)