|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grant do in order to keep himself from arguing a biased side in Richard's favor?
2. Who was the Bishop?
3. Where did the event take place where these women became martyrs?
4. When did the younger boy join his brother?
5. What did Carradine find out about the heirs to Richard's throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did repealing Titulus Regius provide Henry VII with a motive for murder?
2. What did Laura mention about the Martyrs?
3. What was the difference in the Queen Dowager's treatment under Edward and under Henry?
4. What was Henry the Seventh's first action when he came to the throne?
5. What is considered to be almost inappropriate actions of the royal family following Edward's death?
6. Why was the pardoning of Lord Stanley the signing of Richard's own death warrant?
7. In what ways was Henry VII "sideways as a crab?"
8. What kind of steps would Richard have taken if the rumor about him killing his nephews was a general rumor?
9. What else troubles Alan regarding the nephews, other than the lack of motive to murder them?
10. What is the difference between what the dragoons were and what they are considered to be by the majority of the populace today?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Grant's demeanor change throughout his stay at the hospital? Explain why and how this is the case.
Essay Topic 2
Quote the Matron's opinion of Richard the Third. Explain why her opinion is the most accurate of any other person. Compare and contrast her opinion with at least two other characters in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Can you see any examples of foreshadowing in this book? List them and explain why you chose these citations.
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)