|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sex were the martyrs?
2. What does Carradine say most criminals are unable to do?
3. What was the date that Edward died?
4. Who does Grant think of when he hears about Croyland Abbey?
5. What is properly ironic about the covenanters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why would a background in psychology be something that Grant would recommend that all historians should do before being able to write? Is that necessary for historians that focus on things like economics or religion? Explain and defend your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Suggest reasons why Grant doesn't believe he'll like actual detective work as much as he enjoyed researching Richard III. What is the difference between being a detective and being a researcher?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Josephine Tey goes through a complete history lesson while creating a detective story. How does history intertwine with the mystery?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)