Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thought startled Grant awake?
2. What does Grant ask of the officer when he leaves?
3. How does Grant describe the way stars affect a person?
4. How does the Midget feel about Richard?
5. What was the most beautiful sight that gladdened Grant's eyes for a long time'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Richard do to his mother?
2. What made the mystery for Richard the Third?
3. Why is it such a big scandal that Edward got married?
4. Who was John Morton and why is he an important person?
5. What differs in the accounts of how Henry VI's son dies?
6. What kind of England existed in the days of the Wars of the Roses?
7. What is interesting to note about Richard III's heirs?
8. Who was the visitor to Grant's room, who was he sent by, and what purpose could he serve to Grant?
9. What did Richard notice when he had ridden into the shadow of the Keep?
10. What did Richard do on the Fifth of June?
Explain how enthusiasm for a particular subject or task can make it far more enjoyable, and help to pass the time. Conversely, explain why a difficult task appears to take longer. What part do focus and intensity play?
Explain how Josephine Tey goes through a complete history lesson while creating a detective story. How does history intertwine with the mystery?
Quote the Matron's opinion of Richard the Third. Explain why her opinion is the most accurate of any other person. Compare and contrast her opinion with at least two other characters in the book.
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)