|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does his visitor recommend as a leading historian of Richard III's time?
2. Where did Marta get all the engravings and pictures?
3. Who ended up being the refugees in question mentioned?
4. Who did Dr. Shaw claim were illegitimate sons of the Duke and Duchess of York?
5. What drove the two boys apart eventually?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprised Grant about the reign of Richard III?
2. How does Grant recognize his first visitor, and who does he think she is?
3. What did Richard notice when he had ridden into the shadow of the Keep?
4. What made the mystery for Richard the Third?
5. What did this information do to Grant's opinion of More, and to his recovery?
6. What did Grant provide Mrs. Tinker with, and what did he never see?
7. What kind of England existed in the days of the Wars of the Roses?
8. What did Grant first think about when he saw Richard the Third's face?
9. How does Grant feel about Sir Thomas More's writings about Richard the Third?
10. What arguments support the opinion that Richard Plantagenet and Cicely Nevill had a loving marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Josephine Tey goes through a complete history lesson while creating a detective story. How does history intertwine with the mystery?
Essay Topic 2
Why would a background in psychology be something that Grant would recommend that all historians should do before being able to write? Is that necessary for historians that focus on things like economics or religion? Explain and defend your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Despite there being several vindications of Richard III written in the centuries to follow, they still didn't appear in the history books. Suggest reasons why this would be the case.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)