|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Richard described?
2. What did Brent find out that ticked Richard off about his brother?
3. Who did Richard challenge in front of the council before he claimed the crown?
4. How did Marta describe the book's condition?
5. What diagnosis did the Midget give Richard the Third before knowing who he was?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brent mention about the murder of the two princes?
2. What is considered to be almost inappropriate actions of the royal family following Edward's death?
3. What is noted about the general reception of Richard taking over as Protector of England?
4. What did Richard do to his mother?
5. What did Richard notice when he had ridden into the shadow of the Keep?
6. What was claimed to have been suggested to a guard at the Tower of London?
7. What kinds of atrocities did the supposed people of God (Covenanters) commit?
8. What is most interesting about Henry's Bill of Attainder?
9. How does Carradine plan to write the book on Richard III?
10. What enrages Alan Grant about Sir Thomas More?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define martyrdom and how it shapes the outside view of a culture or country. How do people react to martyrdom? Compare how people reacted in the fourteenth century to how people react now.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how enthusiasm for a particular subject or task can make it far more enjoyable, and help to pass the time. Conversely, explain why a difficult task appears to take longer. What part do focus and intensity play?
Essay Topic 3
Can you see any examples of foreshadowing in this book? List them and explain why you chose these citations.
This section contains 1,510 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)