|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Marta describe the book's condition?
2. Where did Sir Thomas More get his account of Richard III?
3. Where did Marta get all the engravings and pictures?
4. Grant picks up an engraving of a portrait. Who does it belong to?
5. How did Marta say that James thought Richard III's face looked like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it such a big scandal that Edward got married?
2. What surprised Grant about the reign of Richard III?
3. How does Grant feel about Sir Thomas More's writings about Richard the Third?
4. Who does the Midget compare Richard III to and what similarities does that person possess as well?
5. What does Brent mention about the murder of the two princes?
6. What did this information do to Grant's opinion of More, and to his recovery?
7. What did Richard do to his mother?
8. What was claimed to have been suggested to a guard at the Tower of London?
9. How does Grant recognize his first visitor, and who does he think she is?
10. What puzzles Grant about what he is learning about Richard the Third's fall from grace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Suggest reasons why Grant doesn't believe he'll like actual detective work as much as he enjoyed researching Richard III. What is the difference between being a detective and being a researcher?
Essay Topic 2
Define martyrdom and how it shapes the outside view of a culture or country. How do people react to martyrdom? Compare how people reacted in the fourteenth century to how people react now.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Grant reminisces so often about old England. Why do you think he longs so much for this older version of his homeland? What beauteous things did it offer? What were its downfalls?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)