Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thought startled Grant awake?
2. What does Grant ask of the officer when he leaves?
3. How does Grant describe the way stars affect a person?
4. How does the Midget feel about Richard?
5. What was the most beautiful sight that gladdened Grant's eyes for a long time'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Richard do to his mother?
2. What made the mystery for Richard the Third?
3. Why is it such a big scandal that Edward got married?
4. Who was John Morton and why is he an important person?
5. What differs in the accounts of how Henry VI's son dies?
6. What kind of England existed in the days of the Wars of the Roses?
7. What is interesting to note about Richard III's heirs?
8. Who was the visitor to Grant's room, who was he sent by, and what purpose could he serve to Grant?
9. What did Richard notice when he had ridden into the shadow of the Keep?
10. What did Richard do on the Fifth of June?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Josephine Tey goes through a complete history lesson while creating a detective story. How does history intertwine with the mystery?
Essay Topic 2
Carradine is described as being extremely doting on Atlanta before he found his purpose, and then almost ignoring her to the point of his 'not being any use to her' when he finds a calling. Suggest reasons why this would be the case. Explain what affect this would have on their relationship and on her psyche.
Essay Topic 3
Briefly describe the city of London before the Great Fire. How would the cityscape differ had those buildings still stood? What century(s) of architecture were wiped out? How did the fire start? How many people were rumored to have died?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)