|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grant want to get a note to?
2. What was Richard's opinion of his brother?
3. Who's side of history was Oliphant on?
4. Who does Grant find in the middle of the room when he looks up from his book?
5. What is the last thing the Midget suggests Grant should do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Amazon want with Grant?
2. What enrages Alan Grant about Sir Thomas More?
3. How does the Matron feel about King Richard III?
4. Who was the visitor to Grant's room, who was he sent by, and what purpose could he serve to Grant?
5. What did Grant first think about when he saw Richard the Third's face?
6. How does Brent strike Grant?
7. What was the relevance in Grant's mentioning Tonypandy?
8. What arguments support the opinion that Richard Plantagenet and Cicely Nevill had a loving marriage?
9. What is most interesting about Henry's Bill of Attainder?
10. What was claimed to have been suggested to a guard at the Tower of London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Suggest reasons why Grant doesn't believe he'll like actual detective work as much as he enjoyed researching Richard III. What is the difference between being a detective and being a researcher?
Essay Topic 2
In your opinion, what is the most convincing reason for Richard not to have killed his nephews? Take quotes from the book and argue creatively.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Josephine Tey goes through a complete history lesson while creating a detective story. How does history intertwine with the mystery?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)