|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Midget suggest he do?
2. What was different about Richard?
3. Who did Richard challenge in front of the council before he claimed the crown?
4. How does Marta describe the book Brent left?
5. What did Mrs. Tinker bring Grant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is most interesting about Henry's Bill of Attainder?
2. Why doesn't Grant want to read?
3. What surprised Grant about the reign of Richard III?
4. What did the Amazon want with Grant?
5. What did this information do to Grant's opinion of More, and to his recovery?
6. What happened to Lord Hastings?
7. What does Marta suggest he do with his time?
8. How does the Matron feel about King Richard III?
9. What could have led Richard to respect and admire his brother, Edward?
10. Who was John Morton and why is he an important person?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Josephine Tey goes through a complete history lesson while creating a detective story. How does history intertwine with the mystery?
Essay Topic 2
Quote the Matron's opinion of Richard the Third. Explain why her opinion is the most accurate of any other person. Compare and contrast her opinion with at least two other characters in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Henry's validity on demonizing Richard the third would have been destroyed if people had known exactly what happened to the boy princes. Name another historical situation that people might look differently at if they knew the whole truth.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)