|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Richard want to marry?
2. What was the most beautiful sight that gladdened Grant's eyes for a long time'?
3. What did the two visitors talk about?
4. What was Richard's opinion of his brother?
5. What information does the his new visitor give him about Richard III?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Richard do on the Fifth of June?
2. What did Grant provide Mrs. Tinker with, and what did he never see?
3. What differs in the accounts of how Henry VI's son dies?
4. What was the relevance in Grant's mentioning Tonypandy?
5. Why doesn't Grant write the book on Richard the Third?
6. What did Laura mention about the Martyrs?
7. How does Grant recognize his first visitor, and who does he think she is?
8. What does Brent mention about the murder of the two princes?
9. Who was John Morton and why is he an important person?
10. How does Carradine plan to write the book on Richard III?
Essay Topic 1
Define martyrdom and how it shapes the outside view of a culture or country. How do people react to martyrdom? Compare how people reacted in the fourteenth century to how people react now.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how historical accuracy is necessary to formulate an honest opinion of a person, place or event. Is it ever possible to get accounts that are truly historically accurate? How do you determine whether one account is more accurate than another?
Essay Topic 3
Can you see any examples of foreshadowing in this book? List them and explain why you chose these citations.
This section contains 1,520 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)