|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Amazon react to Grant's ferocity?
2. What did Mrs. Tinker bring Grant?
3. When did Tyrell confess and hanged for the crime of killing the princes?
4. What information does the his new visitor give him about Richard III?
5. What contemporary city map picture was bisected by a great fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Grant want to read?
2. How does Grant recognize his first visitor, and who does he think she is?
3. What does Brent mention about the murder of the two princes?
4. How does Grant feel about Sir Thomas More's writings about Richard the Third?
5. What did the Amazon want with Grant?
6. What was the difference between what moves a person's heart and news?
7. What is most interesting about Henry's Bill of Attainder?
8. What surprised Grant about the reign of Richard III?
9. What enrages Alan Grant about Sir Thomas More?
10. What does Marta suggest he do with his time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Grant's demeanor change throughout his stay at the hospital? Explain why and how this is the case.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how historical accuracy is necessary to formulate an honest opinion of a person, place or event. Is it ever possible to get accounts that are truly historically accurate? How do you determine whether one account is more accurate than another?
Essay Topic 3
Imagine why Mrs. Tinker always carries the same ratty handbag and wears the same hat. What does this say about the character? What does this explain about her personality? Why do you think that she never wore the bags that Grant bought her?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)