|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does the his new visitor give him about Richard III?
2. What did he suggest was the motive of Richard III to kill the boys?
3. Where is Grant's next source of information?
4. What does the Midget suggest he do?
5. How did Marta describe the book's condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Richard do to his mother?
2. What did this information do to Grant's opinion of More, and to his recovery?
3. What is most interesting about Henry's Bill of Attainder?
4. How does Grant recognize his first visitor, and who does he think she is?
5. What kind of England existed in the days of the Wars of the Roses?
6. What is Grant's belief into researching a perpetrator?
7. What did the Amazon want with Grant?
8. What has Grant found in the ceiling?
9. Who was the visitor to Grant's room, who was he sent by, and what purpose could he serve to Grant?
10. How does the Matron feel about King Richard III?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compile a list of reasons why it is unlikely Richard III killed his nephews. Compile a list of reasons it is likely Henry VII killed the young Plantagenet heirs. Create a case against Henry and attempt to vindicate Richard III.
Essay Topic 2
Can you see any examples of foreshadowing in this book? List them and explain why you chose these citations.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Josephine Tey goes through a complete history lesson while creating a detective story. How does history intertwine with the mystery?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)