|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only thing Mrs. Tinker read in the newspapers?
2. How did Grant view Thomas More after finding this out?
3. How did Thomas portray Richard?
4. Who does the second visitor refer to as a hussy?
5. Who comes to visit Grant in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What enrages Alan Grant about Sir Thomas More?
2. Who was John Morton and why is he an important person?
3. What did Richard do to his mother?
4. What did this information do to Grant's opinion of More, and to his recovery?
5. Who was King Richard the Third rumored to have killed and why?
6. What did the Amazon want with Grant?
7. What could have led Richard to respect and admire his brother, Edward?
8. What happened to Lord Hastings?
9. How does Grant recognize his first visitor, and who does he think she is?
10. What made the mystery for Richard the Third?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why would a background in psychology be something that Grant would recommend that all historians should do before being able to write? Is that necessary for historians that focus on things like economics or religion? Explain and defend your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe John Morton's motivations for giving inaccurate information to Thomas More. What did this effectively accomplish, three hundred and fifty years later? How are these motivations no different from motivations of this day and age? How do they differ?
Essay Topic 3
Despite there being several vindications of Richard III written in the centuries to follow, they still didn't appear in the history books. Suggest reasons why this would be the case.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)