|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Richard's opinion of his brother?
2. Who really outfitted the ships with Margaret's money?
3. What does Grant hate the sight of?
4. What does Grant find out when reviewing a preface on Thomas' life?
5. Who does his visitor recommend as a leading historian of Richard III's time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of England existed in the days of the Wars of the Roses?
2. What did Grant provide Mrs. Tinker with, and what did he never see?
3. What did this information do to Grant's opinion of More, and to his recovery?
4. What did Richard do to his mother?
5. Who was John Morton and why is he an important person?
6. What was the relevance in Grant's mentioning Tonypandy?
7. What surprised Grant about the reign of Richard III?
8. Why is it such a big scandal that Edward got married?
9. What enrages Alan Grant about Sir Thomas More?
10. Who does the Midget compare Richard III to and what similarities does that person possess as well?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Quote the Matron's opinion of Richard the Third. Explain why her opinion is the most accurate of any other person. Compare and contrast her opinion with at least two other characters in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Define martyrdom and how it shapes the outside view of a culture or country. How do people react to martyrdom? Compare how people reacted in the fourteenth century to how people react now.
Essay Topic 3
Describe John Morton's motivations for giving inaccurate information to Thomas More. What did this effectively accomplish, three hundred and fifty years later? How are these motivations no different from motivations of this day and age? How do they differ?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)