|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grant hate the sight of?
2. How did Marta say that James thought Richard III's face looked like?
3. Who does his visitor recommend as a leading historian of Richard III's time?
4. When did Tyrell confess and hanged for the crime of killing the princes?
5. Who returned after lunch and what was he/she carrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What could have led Richard to respect and admire his brother, Edward?
2. What has Grant found in the ceiling?
3. Who was John Morton and why is he an important person?
4. What was the relevance in Grant's mentioning Tonypandy?
5. Why doesn't Grant want to read?
6. What surprised Grant about the reign of Richard III?
7. How does Grant feel about Sir Thomas More's writings about Richard the Third?
8. How does Grant recognize his first visitor, and who does he think she is?
9. What did the Amazon want with Grant?
10. What arguments support the opinion that Richard Plantagenet and Cicely Nevill had a loving marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Josephine Tey goes through a complete history lesson while creating a detective story. How does history intertwine with the mystery?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Henry's validity on demonizing Richard the third would have been destroyed if people had known exactly what happened to the boy princes. Name another historical situation that people might look differently at if they knew the whole truth.
Essay Topic 3
Despite there being several vindications of Richard III written in the centuries to follow, they still didn't appear in the history books. Suggest reasons why this would be the case.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)