|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grant take a delight in?
2. What information does the his new visitor give him about Richard III?
3. Who does Grant want to get a note to?
4. What kind of match were Richard Plantagenet and Cicely Nevill?
5. Where did Sir Thomas More get his account of Richard III?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marta suggest he do with his time?
2. What did Grant first think about when he saw Richard the Third's face?
3. Who was John Morton and why is he an important person?
4. What does Brent mention about the murder of the two princes?
5. What was claimed to have been suggested to a guard at the Tower of London?
6. What did this information do to Grant's opinion of More, and to his recovery?
7. What enrages Alan Grant about Sir Thomas More?
8. What surprised Grant about the reign of Richard III?
9. What is most interesting about Henry's Bill of Attainder?
10. How does Grant recognize his first visitor, and who does he think she is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Suggest reasons why Grant doesn't believe he'll like actual detective work as much as he enjoyed researching Richard III. What is the difference between being a detective and being a researcher?
Essay Topic 2
Briefly describe the city of London before the Great Fire. How would the cityscape differ had those buildings still stood? What century(s) of architecture were wiped out? How did the fire start? How many people were rumored to have died?
Essay Topic 3
Imagine why Mrs. Tinker always carries the same ratty handbag and wears the same hat. What does this say about the character? What does this explain about her personality? Why do you think that she never wore the bags that Grant bought her?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)