|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Edward pay the captain as fare?
2. What does the Midget suggest he do?
3. What color was one of the objects brought?
4. Where did Marta get all the engravings and pictures?
5. What does the text of Sir Thomas lean towards?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did this information do to Grant's opinion of More, and to his recovery?
2. Who does the Midget compare Richard III to and what similarities does that person possess as well?
3. Why is it such a big scandal that Edward got married?
4. What kind of England existed in the days of the Wars of the Roses?
5. What does Marta suggest he do with his time?
6. What made the mystery for Richard the Third?
7. How does the Matron feel about King Richard III?
8. Why doesn't Grant want to read?
9. What happened to Lord Hastings?
10. What was claimed to have been suggested to a guard at the Tower of London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define martyrdom and how it shapes the outside view of a culture or country. How do people react to martyrdom? Compare how people reacted in the fourteenth century to how people react now.
Essay Topic 2
Imagine why Mrs. Tinker always carries the same ratty handbag and wears the same hat. What does this say about the character? What does this explain about her personality? Why do you think that she never wore the bags that Grant bought her?
Essay Topic 3
How does Grant's demeanor change throughout his stay at the hospital? Explain why and how this is the case.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)