|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What historical figure does his visitor like?
2. How old was Edward while leading an army?
3. What was the most beautiful sight that gladdened Grant's eyes for a long time'?
4. Who were the Cat and the Rat?
5. How does the Midget feel about Richard the Third's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was King Richard the Third rumored to have killed and why?
2. Who does the Midget compare Richard III to and what similarities does that person possess as well?
3. What does Marta suggest he do with his time?
4. What was the difference between what moves a person's heart and news?
5. Who was John Morton and why is he an important person?
6. What is most interesting about Henry's Bill of Attainder?
7. What was claimed to have been suggested to a guard at the Tower of London?
8. What does Brent mention about the murder of the two princes?
9. What did Richard do to his mother?
10. What did the Amazon want with Grant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Imagine why Mrs. Tinker always carries the same ratty handbag and wears the same hat. What does this say about the character? What does this explain about her personality? Why do you think that she never wore the bags that Grant bought her?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how enthusiasm for a particular subject or task can make it far more enjoyable, and help to pass the time. Conversely, explain why a difficult task appears to take longer. What part do focus and intensity play?
Essay Topic 3
Why would a background in psychology be something that Grant would recommend that all historians should do before being able to write? Is that necessary for historians that focus on things like economics or religion? Explain and defend your answer.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)