|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returned after lunch and what was he/she carrying?
2. What did he suggest was the motive of Richard III to kill the boys?
3. How did Edward run England?
4. What thought startled Grant awake?
5. Who did Richard challenge in front of the council before he claimed the crown?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brent strike Grant?
2. What did Richard do to his mother?
3. What was the difference between what moves a person's heart and news?
4. What does Marta suggest he do with his time?
5. What was the relevance in Grant's mentioning Tonypandy?
6. Who was King Richard the Third rumored to have killed and why?
7. Why doesn't Grant want to read?
8. What happened to Lord Hastings?
9. What arguments support the opinion that Richard Plantagenet and Cicely Nevill had a loving marriage?
10. What could have led Richard to respect and admire his brother, Edward?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the questions that Grant draws up in Chapter 9? Why are they significant?
Essay Topic 2
Imagine why Mrs. Tinker always carries the same ratty handbag and wears the same hat. What does this say about the character? What does this explain about her personality? Why do you think that she never wore the bags that Grant bought her?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Grant reminisces so often about old England. Why do you think he longs so much for this older version of his homeland? What beauteous things did it offer? What were its downfalls?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)