|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Amazon react to Grant's ferocity?
2. Where did Sir Thomas More get his account of Richard III?
3. Who does the second visitor refer to as a hussy?
4. What does Grant find out when reviewing a preface on Thomas' life?
5. What kind of match were Richard Plantagenet and Cicely Nevill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the relevance in Grant's mentioning Tonypandy?
2. What kind of England existed in the days of the Wars of the Roses?
3. What puzzles Grant about what he is learning about Richard the Third's fall from grace?
4. Why doesn't Grant want to read?
5. What did Grant provide Mrs. Tinker with, and what did he never see?
6. Who does the Midget compare Richard III to and what similarities does that person possess as well?
7. What happened to Lord Hastings?
8. What was the difference between what moves a person's heart and news?
9. How does Grant recognize his first visitor, and who does he think she is?
10. What was claimed to have been suggested to a guard at the Tower of London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how historical accuracy is necessary to formulate an honest opinion of a person, place or event. Is it ever possible to get accounts that are truly historically accurate? How do you determine whether one account is more accurate than another?
Essay Topic 2
What are the questions that Grant draws up in Chapter 9? Why are they significant?
Essay Topic 3
How does Grant's demeanor change throughout his stay at the hospital? Explain why and how this is the case.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)