|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Grant view Thomas More after finding this out?
2. Who does Grant want to get a note to?
3. How does the Midget say Richard killed his nephews?
4. What was the characteristic that had led Grant to identify the criminal in the lineup?
5. What does Grant find out when reviewing a preface on Thomas' life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grant feel about Sir Thomas More's writings about Richard the Third?
2. What did Grant first think about when he saw Richard the Third's face?
3. Why is it such a big scandal that Edward got married?
4. What happened to Lord Hastings?
5. What enrages Alan Grant about Sir Thomas More?
6. Who was King Richard the Third rumored to have killed and why?
7. What made the mystery for Richard the Third?
8. What did Richard notice when he had ridden into the shadow of the Keep?
9. Who was John Morton and why is he an important person?
10. What did Grant provide Mrs. Tinker with, and what did he never see?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Quote the Matron's opinion of Richard the Third. Explain why her opinion is the most accurate of any other person. Compare and contrast her opinion with at least two other characters in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Despite there being several vindications of Richard III written in the centuries to follow, they still didn't appear in the history books. Suggest reasons why this would be the case.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Henry's validity on demonizing Richard the third would have been destroyed if people had known exactly what happened to the boy princes. Name another historical situation that people might look differently at if they knew the whole truth.
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)