|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grant want to get a note to?
(a) Mr. Tinker
(b) Sergeant Williams
(d) Mr. Williamson
2. What thought startled Grant awake?
(a) That Sir Thomas More belonged to the reign of Henry the Eighth
(b) That Sir Thomas More was hanged for treason
(c) That Sir Thomas More hated Richard the third
(d) That Sir Thomas More had his knighting revoked
3. How did Marta describe the book's condition?
(a) Sparkly and untainted
(b) Clean and pressed
(c) Clean and unsoupy
(d) Clean and unspoiled
4. What did the author of The Rose of Raby hint at the end?
(a) Richard's guilt
(b) The end of the grandmother's life
(c) The marriage to a prominent lord from Elizabeth's eventual daughter
(d) Elizabeth's coronation as queen and her brother's death
5. What did he suggest was the motive of Richard III to kill the boys?
(a) Hatred of children
(b) Envy of his older brother
(c) Hatred of himself
(d) Hatred of their mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the Cat and the Rat?
2. What did Edward pay the captain as fare?
3. Where did Sir Thomas More get his account of Richard III?
4. What diagnosis did the Midget give Richard the Third before knowing who he was?
5. How was the book by Sir Thomas More viewed by society?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marta suggest he do with his time?
2. What idea makes the whole notion of the murder of his nephews ludicrous?
3. How does Grant feel about Sir Thomas More's writings about Richard the Third?
4. Why was the pardoning of Lord Stanley the signing of Richard's own death warrant?
5. What did Grant provide Mrs. Tinker with, and what did he never see?
6. What is the difference in previous records of Henry and Richard?
7. What puzzles Grant about what he is learning about Richard the Third's fall from grace?
8. In what ways was Henry VII "sideways as a crab?"
9. Who was the visitor to Grant's room, who was he sent by, and what purpose could he serve to Grant?
10. How did repealing Titulus Regius provide Henry VII with a motive for murder?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)