|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal was Henry VII compared to?
(a) A crab
(b) A lion
(c) A tiger
(d) A snake
2. The martyrs that Laura mentions were from ______________.
3. What is properly ironic about the covenanters?
(a) They preached the word of god yet disobeyed the commandments
(b) They were all bad people pretending to be good people
(c) They were the scourge of England, and masqueraded as Scottish good gues
(d) That they were the scourge to Scotland in their time, and became saints and martyrs in ours
4. Where do people stand on soap boxes to speak of things of little consequence that few believe?
(a) Slate Arch
(b) Marble Arch
(c) Agate Arch
(d) Rose Arch
5. What does Grant send Brent away to do now?
(a) Find out more about Tyrrel
(b) To find out where the bodies of the boys were put to rest
(c) Find out more about the Yorkist movement
(d) To find out where Henry was at this point of time
6. Where does Brent offer to bring Grant?
(a) To Greenwich and back by boat
(b) To the Tower of London
(c) To the Palace
(d) Just out in general
7. What is the major problem with the tale of the martyrs?
(a) Many denied it happening, and even twenty years later no eyewitnesses at all
(b) Those women were killed for treason
(c) Those women never existed
(d) The woman lived for another forty years after this incident
8. Who sent Alan a letter?
(b) Sergeant Williams
9. What are the vast majority of gravestones and monuments in Scotland of people executed for religious beliefs?
(a) False history, or tonypandy
(b) False history, or hogwash
(c) Accurate portrayals of historical tragedies
(d) Reminders of how bad things can be for the religious communities
10. What did Henry do to Elizabeth Woodville?
(a) Stripped her of her clothes and title and shut her up in France
(b) Humiliated her
(c) Stripped her of her title/inheritance, and sent her off to France
(d) Stripped her of her title/inheritance and shut her in a convent
11. What time did Grant believe he would sleep to?
12. How old was Richard when Edward was married to Eleanor?
(a) Ten or eleven
(b) Nine or ten
(c) Eleven or twelve
(d) Twelve or thirteen
13. Where had the majority of the Royal family gone following Edward's death?
(a) Sanctuary at the London Tower
(b) Into sanctuary at York
(c) To the funeral and oath of allegiance
(d) Sanctuary at Westminster
14. Who had a place of honor at Richard's coronation?
(a) Lord Stanley
(b) Lady Stanley
(c) Jane Shore
(d) Jane Stanley
15. How did the British public react to the execution of people who fought at Richard III's side?
(a) They revolted and refused to pay taxes or work for their Lords
(b) They killed Henry VII
(c) They served him with an order from Parliament that didn't allow it
(d) They rioted and stormed the castle
Short Answer Questions
1. What in Chapter 14 was Henry VII's first action as king?
2. Where does Marta think you would have to go to find someone who would be friends with the man who killed their sons?
3. Who arrived when Brent left?
4. Out of those Richard had executed, who was most cherished?
5. Who was the Bishop?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)