|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had the majority of the Royal family gone following Edward's death?
(a) Into sanctuary at York
(b) Sanctuary at the London Tower
(c) Sanctuary at Westminster
(d) To the funeral and oath of allegiance
2. Who was Grant thinking about when he mentioned the beauty with the gilt hair?
(b) Elizabeth Woodville, Queen of England
(d) Elizabeth Woodville, the Queen Dowager
3. How did the British public react to the execution of people who fought at Richard III's side?
(a) They killed Henry VII
(b) They rioted and stormed the castle
(c) They revolted and refused to pay taxes or work for their Lords
(d) They served him with an order from Parliament that didn't allow it
4. What did Henry have to do in order to feel all right about murdering someone, in Carradines' words?
(a) File papers
(b) Dress it up in legal ribbons
(c) Justify it in the eyes of God
(d) Justify it to his priest
5. What does Grant wonder about all the history he studied as a boy?
(a) He wonders if it all was Tonypandy
(b) He marvels at the accuracy of history textbooks
(c) He wonders if any of it was real
(d) He wonders what the purpose of fabricating history was
6. Who was the IRA financed by?
(b) The Catholic church
7. What does Grant send Brent away to do now?
(a) To find out where Henry was at this point of time
(b) Find out more about Tyrrel
(c) Find out more about the Yorkist movement
(d) To find out where the bodies of the boys were put to rest
8. What was Tyrrel's full name?
(a) Sir James Tyrrel of Scarborough
(b) Sir William Tyrrel of Gapping
(c) Sir Henry Tyrrel of Bosworth
(d) Sir James Tyrrel of Gipping
9. Who does Grant think of when he hears about Croyland Abbey?
10. How old was Richard when Edward was married to Eleanor?
(a) Nine or ten
(b) Eleven or twelve
(c) Ten or eleven
(d) Twelve or thirteen
11. What did the Midget bring him?
(a) Tea and scones
(d) Rice pudding
12. Where did the event take place where these women became martyrs?
13. Who appears to be at the heart of every issue?
14. How much of a Scotsman is Grant?
(a) Twice removed
(b) None of these
(c) Once removed
(d) Born and raised
15. When did the younger boy join his brother?
(a) June 16th
(b) June 18th
(c) May 14th
(d) May 12th
Short Answer Questions
1. What is properly ironic about the covenanters?
2. What happened to Dighton (one of the two conspirators in the boy princes' deaths)?
3. Where was Richard's mother?
4. What in Chapter 14 was Henry VII's first action as king?
5. Who sent Alan a letter?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)