|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Grant thinking about when he mentioned the beauty with the gilt hair?
(b) Elizabeth Woodville, the Queen Dowager
(c) Elizabeth Woodville, Queen of England
2. Where do people stand on soap boxes to speak of things of little consequence that few believe?
(a) Rose Arch
(b) Agate Arch
(c) Slate Arch
(d) Marble Arch
3. What does Carradine want to do?
(a) Drop the research on Richard and go back to the peasants
(b) Write a book about his findings about Richard the III
(c) Go to the press and demand they help him clear Richard the III in history books
(d) Drop the research permanently on the peasants and win the respect of his peers
4. What is Alan reminded of after he receives the message from Carradine?
(a) The life of Richards' surviving mistresses/wife
(b) The account of the scene made in the Tower regarding Jane Shore
(c) How medieval proceedings were in Richard's time
(d) The death of the nephews
5. What does Grant send Brent away to do now?
(a) Find out more about the Yorkist movement
(b) To find out where Henry was at this point of time
(c) Find out more about Tyrrel
(d) To find out where the bodies of the boys were put to rest
6. What happened to Dighton (one of the two conspirators in the boy princes' deaths)?
(a) He was sent away by Henry to live in France in comfort
(b) He was drowned in an accidental flooding
(c) He was murdered to so there was no one to collaborate the story
(d) He never existed
7. What was Tyrrel's full name?
(a) Sir Henry Tyrrel of Bosworth
(b) Sir James Tyrrel of Gipping
(c) Sir James Tyrrel of Scarborough
(d) Sir William Tyrrel of Gapping
8. Out of those Richard had executed, who was most cherished?
(a) Joan Rivers
(b) Lord Hastings
(c) John Rivers
(d) Lord Stanley
9. Where does Brent offer to bring Grant?
(a) To Greenwich and back by boat
(b) Just out in general
(c) To the Tower of London
(d) To the Palace
10. Where was Richard's mother?
(a) Raby Castle
(b) Arundel Castle
(c) Baynards Castle
(d) Hever Castle
11. What kind of bun did the Amazon bring Alan?
(a) Wheat bun
(b) Dinner roll
(c) Rock bun
(d) Sourdough bun
12. Where does Marta think you would have to go to find someone who would be friends with the man who killed their sons?
(a) Ancient Egypt, only in insanity
(b) Ancient India
(c) Ancient Greece, only in insanity
(d) Ancient Rome
13. How long after the proclamation was issued was Lord Hastings beheaded?
(a) One week
(b) Twenty-four hours
(c) Seventy-two hours
(d) One month
14. What did Henry have to do in order to feel all right about murdering someone, in Carradines' words?
(a) Justify it in the eyes of God
(b) File papers
(c) Justify it to his priest
(d) Dress it up in legal ribbons
15. How old was Richard when Edward was married to Eleanor?
(a) Ten or eleven
(b) Eleven or twelve
(c) Nine or ten
(d) Twelve or thirteen
Short Answer Questions
1. What is properly ironic about the covenanters?
2. How many men did Rivers set out with?
3. Who appears to be at the heart of every issue?
4. Who is "gunning for" Alan?
5. What did Grant do in order to keep himself from arguing a biased side in Richard's favor?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)