|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grant find out when reviewing a preface on Thomas' life?
(a) Thomas had a compulsion to manipulate information
(b) Thomas wasn't even alive during Richard's reign
(c) Thomas would have been beheaded if he portrayed Richard in a good light
(d) Thomas was eight when Richard died; information wasn't accurate
2. Who does Grant find in the middle of the room when he looks up from his book?
(a) The Amazon
(c) The Matron
(d) The Midget
3. What was it that he felt Old England had going for it?
(a) That they frequently went to war
(b) That kings came and kings went
(c) That there was a great social network
(d) That the church was always behind the scenes
4. Where was Marta headed when she went to visit Grant?
(a) To the matinee
(b) To the seaside
(c) To her mothers
(d) To the quay
5. Who did Marta send?
(a) Brent Carradine
(b) Scott Calay
(c) Derrick Jones
(d) Fredrick Sorren
6. What does the text of Sir Thomas lean towards?
(a) He gives a factual account of the events that occurred without bias
(b) Richard the Third's guilt for the murders
(c) He leans to nothing but presents facts and lets the reader decide
(d) Richard the Third's innocence
7. Who was Grant chasing?
8. What does the Midget suggest he do?
(a) Read the expensive books his friends keep bringing him
(b) Listen to his iPod
(c) Watch television
(d) Play video games
9. What does Marta know about Henry the Seventh?
(a) He was violent and cruel
(b) He was a brilliant general and administrator
(c) He was fantastically rich and fantastically mean
(d) He had an iron stomach and a heart to match
10. What color was one of the objects brought?
(a) Sage green
(b) Sky blue
(c) Sunset pink
(d) Ruby red
11. What did Edward pay the captain as fare?
(a) His fur lined cape
(b) Three gold pieces
(c) Two pence
(d) A fur lined hat
12. Who did Richard want to marry?
(a) Queen Mary of Scot
(b) His niece
(c) His sister in law
(d) His aunt
13. What kind of match were Richard Plantagenet and Cicely Nevill?
(a) A marriage of convenience
(b) A loveless marriage
(c) An arranged marriage
(d) A love match
14. What thought startled Grant awake?
(a) That Sir Thomas More belonged to the reign of Henry the Eighth
(b) That Sir Thomas More hated Richard the third
(c) That Sir Thomas More was hanged for treason
(d) That Sir Thomas More had his knighting revoked
15. Who's side of history was Oliphant on?
(a) The York
(b) He was unbiased
(c) The Tudors
(d) The Lancastrian
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the second visitor refer to as a hussy?
2. How did Marta describe the book's condition?
3. What did the two visitors talk about?
4. How old was Edward while leading an army?
5. How was Richard described?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)