|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grant write to?
(a) His neice, Sam
(b) His nephew, Pat
(c) His cousin, Laura
(d) His cousin, Linda
2. What does Grant find out when reviewing a preface on Thomas' life?
(a) Thomas wasn't even alive during Richard's reign
(b) Thomas would have been beheaded if he portrayed Richard in a good light
(c) Thomas was eight when Richard died; information wasn't accurate
(d) Thomas had a compulsion to manipulate information
3. What does Marta know about Henry the Seventh?
(a) He was violent and cruel
(b) He was fantastically rich and fantastically mean
(c) He was a brilliant general and administrator
(d) He had an iron stomach and a heart to match
4. Who did Cicely lose that December morning in London and would never see again?
(a) Her husband, her brother and her son
(b) Her son, her brother and her uncle
(c) Her sister, her son, and her husband
(d) Her sister, her husband and her brother
5. How does Grant describe the way stars affect a person?
(a) They make one lose themselves
(b) They reduce his status to an amoeba, take the last vestige of human pride and confidence
(c) They make him feel unimportant, and useless in the universe
(d) They make them feel omnipotent and all powerful, in awe of the world at the same time
6. What does Grant hate the sight of?
(a) The ceiling
(b) The needles
(c) The nurses
(d) His injuries
7. How did Grant describe the book Marta gave him?
(a) The mountain one
(b) The one about the universe
(c) The one that had no pictures
(d) The ocean one
8. What was the most beautiful sight that gladdened Grant's eyes for a long time'?
(a) Lillies of the Valley
(b) The Midget doing a dance
(c) The Midget being meek
(d) Scores of musical literature
9. Grant picks up an engraving of a portrait. Who does it belong to?
(a) Lucrezia Borgia
(b) Lucilla Bourgois
(c) Lacy Borgia
(d) Lucy Beatty
10. Who actually killed the two boys?
(a) Darcy and Forrest
(b) Dighton and Forrest
(c) Dwight and Frank
(d) Diteon and Fredrich
11. What did the author of The Rose of Raby hint at the end?
(a) Richard's guilt
(b) The end of the grandmother's life
(c) The marriage to a prominent lord from Elizabeth's eventual daughter
(d) Elizabeth's coronation as queen and her brother's death
12. Where was Marta headed when she went to visit Grant?
(a) To her mothers
(b) To the quay
(c) To the matinee
(d) To the seaside
13. Where is Grant's next source of information?
(a) The Tower of London's historians
(b) Sir Henry Calcutt's History of England
(c) The current monarchy of England
(d) The British Museum
14. Who does the second visitor refer to as a hussy?
(a) Mrs. Villiente
(b) Mrs. Marta
(c) The Midget
(d) Mrs. Martha
15. How did Edward run England?
(a) Competently and forthright
(b) Distractedly and as though he was always somewhere else
(c) With a regrettable forgetfulness and irresponsibility
(d) With a despotic power and light hand
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the characteristic that had led Grant to identify the criminal in the lineup?
2. How does he describe this woman?
3. Who was the person in the picture Grant describes as a monster of nursery stories?
4. Who did Richard challenge in front of the council before he claimed the crown?
5. Who returned after lunch and what was he/she carrying?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)