|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Marta get all the engravings and pictures?
(a) From Jerry
(b) From John
(c) From James
(d) From Jessie
2. Who does Grant write to?
(a) His neice, Sam
(b) His cousin, Laura
(c) His nephew, Pat
(d) His cousin, Linda
3. Who does Grant find in the middle of the room when he looks up from his book?
(a) The Matron
(b) The Midget
(c) The Amazon
4. What does Grant find out when reviewing a preface on Thomas' life?
(a) Thomas wasn't even alive during Richard's reign
(b) Thomas had a compulsion to manipulate information
(c) Thomas was eight when Richard died; information wasn't accurate
(d) Thomas would have been beheaded if he portrayed Richard in a good light
5. What were the Cat and the Rat's positions?
(a) Beloved pets of the king and his closest friends
(b) Beloved pets of the princes and their best confidantes
(c) Speaker of the House of Commons and the Commissioner of Peace in Scotland respectively
(d) Speaker for the Church and Commissioner of Peace in France
6. What did the author of The Rose of Raby hint at the end?
(a) Richard's guilt
(b) The marriage to a prominent lord from Elizabeth's eventual daughter
(c) Elizabeth's coronation as queen and her brother's death
(d) The end of the grandmother's life
7. Grant picks up an engraving of a portrait. Who does it belong to?
(a) Lucrezia Borgia
(b) Lacy Borgia
(c) Lucilla Bourgois
(d) Lucy Beatty
8. Who does his visitor recommend as a leading historian of Richard III's time?
(a) Sir Cuthbert
(b) Sir Wallace
(c) Sir William
(d) Sir Jericho
9. Where was Marta headed when she went to visit Grant?
(a) To the seaside
(b) To the quay
(c) To the matinee
(d) To her mothers
10. What does Marta think of Brent's relationship with Atlanta?
(a) That they are complete opposites and always fighting
(b) That they are really sweet together, more like twins than lovers
(c) That they are doomed as a couple
(d) That they are in the beginning flush of love
11. How does the Midget say Richard killed his nephews?
(a) Smothered them with pillows
(b) Hung them by the neck
(c) Stabbed them to death
(d) Slipped poison into their food
12. What thought startled Grant awake?
(a) That Sir Thomas More hated Richard the third
(b) That Sir Thomas More belonged to the reign of Henry the Eighth
(c) That Sir Thomas More was hanged for treason
(d) That Sir Thomas More had his knighting revoked
13. What was the most beautiful sight that gladdened Grant's eyes for a long time'?
(a) The Midget being meek
(b) Lillies of the Valley
(c) The Midget doing a dance
(d) Scores of musical literature
14. Who was Edward supposed to marry?
(a) The Duke of Buckingham's daughter
(b) The Queen of Scots
(c) The King of Wales' niece
(d) The king of France's daughter
15. What color was the second visitor wearing?
(a) Me Red
(b) Me Blue
(c) You yellow
(d) Me green
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grant describe the way stars affect a person?
2. How did Edward run England?
3. Who is the second visitor?
4. Who returned after lunch and what was he/she carrying?
5. What does Marta know about Henry the Seventh?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)