|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What turns out to be a myth of Richard the Third?
(a) His pets being heirs to the family fortunes
(b) The account of Sir Thomas More
(c) The murder of his nephews
(d) Both his hunchback and deformed hand
2. What was different about Richard?
(a) He was extremely rebellious
(b) He was always very shy
(c) He had dark hair in a family of blondes
(d) He was brooding and dark
3. When Grant says no to researching the first historical figure, who else does his visitor suggest?
(b) The Man in the Iron Mask
4. At approximately what time did the parcel from Marta arrive?
5. What did Mrs. Tinker bring Grant?
(a) Fresh pajamas
(b) Fresh scones
6. What was it that he felt Old England had going for it?
(a) That kings came and kings went
(b) That they frequently went to war
(c) That there was a great social network
(d) That the church was always behind the scenes
7. How did Grant describe the book Marta gave him?
(a) The mountain one
(b) The one about the universe
(c) The one that had no pictures
(d) The ocean one
8. How does Marta describe the book Brent left?
(a) Heavy reading
(b) Long and boring
9. Who visits Grant this time?
(a) Sergeant Williams
(b) The Amazon
(c) Officer Williams
(d) Corporal Willard
10. What does Grant say of Sir Thomas More now?
(a) That Sir Thomas is a liar
(b) That he is a fraud
(c) That Sir Thomas More is nothing but a gossip
(d) That Sir Thomas knows nothing
11. How was Richard described?
(a) As someone who 'looked like a visitor' and the 'changeling'
(b) He looked like an 'illegitimate child' and a 'stranger in the home'
(c) Eyes too close together, he was 'shifty' and had an 'irrepressible influence'
(d) As someone who 'looked like a social outcast' and local 'character'
12. What did Edward pay the captain as fare?
(a) Two pence
(b) Three gold pieces
(c) A fur lined hat
(d) His fur lined cape
13. What did the author of The Rose of Raby hint at the end?
(a) The end of the grandmother's life
(b) The marriage to a prominent lord from Elizabeth's eventual daughter
(c) Elizabeth's coronation as queen and her brother's death
(d) Richard's guilt
14. Who does Grant find in the middle of the room when he looks up from his book?
(a) The Matron
(c) The Midget
(d) The Amazon
15. Who had no recollection of anything he did until he was halfway through the act?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grant describe the way stars affect a person?
2. What does Marta say about Brent upon her leaving?
3. Who was the person in the picture Grant describes as a monster of nursery stories?
4. What did Grant take a delight in?
5. Who ended up being the refugees in question mentioned?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)