|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Marta get all the engravings and pictures?
(a) From James
(b) From Jerry
(c) From Jessie
(d) From John
2. How did Grant view Thomas More after finding this out?
(a) As an admirable historian reporting on something he knew nothing about
(b) As a weak kneed man who shouldn't have reported heresay information as factual
(c) As though he is washed out, cancelled and deleted
(d) As though he is the foremost source of information on Richard III
3. What is the last thing the Midget suggests Grant should do?
(a) Get in a wheelchair and go outside
(b) Ponder philosophy and the human condition
(c) Wage war on the orderlies
(d) Take up knitting
4. What did the two visitors talk about?
(a) The state of affairs in the house
(b) What Grant should do to keep himself occupied
(c) Grants' condition
(d) The Bible and scripture
5. How does the Midget feel about Richard?
(a) That he was always a snake in the grass biding his time
(b) That his twisted figure was the result of sorcery
(c) That he was an evil doer from birth
(d) That he as a mentally unstable man
6. How does Marta describe the book Brent left?
(b) Heavy reading
(d) Long and boring
7. How does the Midget say Richard killed his nephews?
(a) Hung them by the neck
(b) Smothered them with pillows
(c) Slipped poison into their food
(d) Stabbed them to death
8. What thought startled Grant awake?
(a) That Sir Thomas More hated Richard the third
(b) That Sir Thomas More belonged to the reign of Henry the Eighth
(c) That Sir Thomas More had his knighting revoked
(d) That Sir Thomas More was hanged for treason
9. How was Richard described?
(a) He looked like an 'illegitimate child' and a 'stranger in the home'
(b) As someone who 'looked like a social outcast' and local 'character'
(c) Eyes too close together, he was 'shifty' and had an 'irrepressible influence'
(d) As someone who 'looked like a visitor' and the 'changeling'
10. Who claimed to have done away with the nephews?
(a) Queen Elizabeth
(b) A friend of Richard, Tyler
(c) A friend of Richard's, Tyrrel
(d) King Richard III
11. How did Edward run England?
(a) With a regrettable forgetfulness and irresponsibility
(b) Competently and forthright
(c) Distractedly and as though he was always somewhere else
(d) With a despotic power and light hand
12. Who does his visitor recommend as a leading historian of Richard III's time?
(a) Sir William
(b) Sir Jericho
(c) Sir Wallace
(d) Sir Cuthbert
13. Where did Sir Thomas More get his account of Richard III?
(a) From Sir Athos
(b) From John Milton
(c) From Shakespeare
(d) From John Morton
14. Who did Cicely lose that December morning in London and would never see again?
(a) Her sister, her son, and her husband
(b) Her sister, her husband and her brother
(c) Her son, her brother and her uncle
(d) Her husband, her brother and her son
15. What did he suggest was the motive of Richard III to kill the boys?
(a) Envy of his older brother
(b) Hatred of children
(c) Hatred of himself
(d) Hatred of their mother
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the Woodvilles were married into prominence?
2. What did the author of The Rose of Raby hint at the end?
3. Who does Grant find in the middle of the room when he looks up from his book?
4. What color was one of the objects brought?
5. What was different about Richard?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)