|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marta think of Brent's relationship with Atlanta?
(a) That they are complete opposites and always fighting
(b) That they are doomed as a couple
(c) That they are really sweet together, more like twins than lovers
(d) That they are in the beginning flush of love
2. What diagnosis did the Midget give Richard the Third before knowing who he was?
(c) Down Syndrome
3. What does Grant find out when reviewing a preface on Thomas' life?
(a) Thomas had a compulsion to manipulate information
(b) Thomas wasn't even alive during Richard's reign
(c) Thomas would have been beheaded if he portrayed Richard in a good light
(d) Thomas was eight when Richard died; information wasn't accurate
4. How many of the Woodvilles were married into prominence?
5. Who does his visitor recommend as a leading historian of Richard III's time?
(a) Sir Jericho
(b) Sir William
(c) Sir Wallace
(d) Sir Cuthbert
6. How does he describe this woman?
(a) She is tiny and drawn
(b) She is abhorrently naive
(c) She is like a nun or queen
(d) She is overtly rotund
7. How does Grant describe the way stars affect a person?
(a) They make one lose themselves
(b) They make him feel unimportant, and useless in the universe
(c) They make them feel omnipotent and all powerful, in awe of the world at the same time
(d) They reduce his status to an amoeba, take the last vestige of human pride and confidence
8. What was it that he felt Old England had going for it?
(a) That the church was always behind the scenes
(b) That kings came and kings went
(c) That they frequently went to war
(d) That there was a great social network
9. Who did Richard want to marry?
(a) His aunt
(b) His sister in law
(c) Queen Mary of Scot
(d) His niece
10. How did Edward run England?
(a) With a despotic power and light hand
(b) Distractedly and as though he was always somewhere else
(c) With a regrettable forgetfulness and irresponsibility
(d) Competently and forthright
11. What thought startled Grant awake?
(a) That Sir Thomas More belonged to the reign of Henry the Eighth
(b) That Sir Thomas More hated Richard the third
(c) That Sir Thomas More had his knighting revoked
(d) That Sir Thomas More was hanged for treason
12. Who was the person in the picture Grant describes as a monster of nursery stories?
(a) Henry the Fifth
(b) Richard the Third
(c) Jack the Ripper
(d) Prince Charles
13. How does the Midget say Richard killed his nephews?
(a) Slipped poison into their food
(b) Smothered them with pillows
(c) Stabbed them to death
(d) Hung them by the neck
14. How does Marta describe the book Brent left?
(a) Heavy reading
(d) Long and boring
15. Where was Marta headed when she went to visit Grant?
(a) To her mothers
(b) To the matinee
(c) To the seaside
(d) To the quay
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grant say of Sir Thomas More now?
2. Who ended up being the refugees in question mentioned?
3. Who was the man in velvet and pearls?
4. What information does the his new visitor give him about Richard III?
5. Where did Sir Thomas More get his account of Richard III?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)