|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Grant this time?
(a) Corporal Willard
(b) Officer Williams
(c) Sergeant Williams
(d) The Amazon
2. How did Grant feel upon finding out this information?
3. What had Grant given Mrs. Tinker every year for Christmas?
(a) Scented bath soaps
(b) A gift card to Boots
(c) A gift card to Marks and Spencers
(d) A new leather handbag
4. Where did Marta get all the engravings and pictures?
(a) From James
(b) From Jerry
(c) From John
(d) From Jessie
5. What does Marta say about Brent upon her leaving?
(a) He is possessed of strong sorcery to win over Grants favor
(b) That he is a much more welcome visitor than she nowadays
(c) That he has usurped her favor in Grant's eyes
(d) "Now that he's here, I better be going"
6. Who was Grant chasing?
7. How was the book by Sir Thomas More viewed by society?
(a) Society paid it no mind
(b) Society viewed it as factual account
(c) Society treated it as ramblings of an old and tired man
(d) Society viewed it as lovely fiction
8. How was Richard described?
(a) As someone who 'looked like a social outcast' and local 'character'
(b) As someone who 'looked like a visitor' and the 'changeling'
(c) He looked like an 'illegitimate child' and a 'stranger in the home'
(d) Eyes too close together, he was 'shifty' and had an 'irrepressible influence'
9. Who was the man in velvet and pearls?
(a) King Henry the VIII
(b) The Duke of Earl
(c) The Prince of Persia
(d) The Earl of Leicester
10. How did Grant view Thomas More after finding this out?
(a) As though he is the foremost source of information on Richard III
(b) As though he is washed out, cancelled and deleted
(c) As a weak kneed man who shouldn't have reported heresay information as factual
(d) As an admirable historian reporting on something he knew nothing about
11. What drove the two boys apart eventually?
(a) The crown
(b) A woman
(c) Their sister
(d) Their mother
12. What did the author of The Rose of Raby hint at the end?
(a) Elizabeth's coronation as queen and her brother's death
(b) The marriage to a prominent lord from Elizabeth's eventual daughter
(c) The end of the grandmother's life
(d) Richard's guilt
13. What historical figure does his visitor like?
(a) Sir Winston Churchill
(b) Pliny the younger
(c) Elizabeth, Queen of Britain
(d) Mary, Queen of Scots
14. Whose account of history does the Amazon take her information from?
(a) Her history professor at school
(b) Sir Thomas More's History of Time
(c) Funk and Wagnells Encyclopedia
(d) Sir James Tyres Time That's Passed
15. Who comes to visit Grant in the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the Cat and the Rat?
2. What does the text of Sir Thomas lean towards?
3. What information does the his new visitor give him about Richard III?
4. Who was the person in the picture Grant describes as a monster of nursery stories?
5. Who was Edward supposed to marry?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)