|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grant describe the way stars affect a person?
(a) They make them feel omnipotent and all powerful, in awe of the world at the same time
(b) They make one lose themselves
(c) They reduce his status to an amoeba, take the last vestige of human pride and confidence
(d) They make him feel unimportant, and useless in the universe
2. Who was the Amazon's hero?
(a) Edward the Eighth
(b) Queen Elizabeth
(c) King George
(d) Richard the Lionheart
3. How did Grant describe the book Marta gave him?
(a) The one about the universe
(b) The mountain one
(c) The one that had no pictures
(d) The ocean one
4. What was the most beautiful sight that gladdened Grant's eyes for a long time'?
(a) The Midget doing a dance
(b) The Midget being meek
(c) Scores of musical literature
(d) Lillies of the Valley
5. Who does the second visitor refer to as a hussy?
(a) Mrs. Villiente
(b) Mrs. Martha
(c) Mrs. Marta
(d) The Midget
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the second visitor wearing?
2. What did the two visitors talk about?
3. Where was Marta headed when she went to visit Grant?
4. Who was the person in the picture Grant describes as a monster of nursery stories?
5. Who did Richard want to marry?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)