• Grant finds himself confined to a hospital bed after chasing a suspect.
• Suspect is behind bars now and this is his main comfort.
• He is extremely bored, but passes the time by studying the ceiling and becoming very familiar with the comings, goings and idiosyncrasies of his nurses.
• He is employed by London's Scotland Yard.
• He gave his nurses the nicknames of the Midget and the Amazon.
• Grant feels humiliated by his fall through the trap door.
• He doesn't want to read as he finds the writing flawed, predictable, and nonsensical.
• Marta stops by and brings Grant new flowers and books.
• Grant explains that he is in agony over the prickles of boredom.
• Marta suggests that he try to find a solution to an unsolved crime from history, such as Mary, Queen of Scots.
• Grant proves to be an amateur historian, and states that in...
This section contains 4,422 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)