|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Laura's daughter in "The Gingi"?
2. Why does the woman need a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"?
3. The shopkeeper tells Laura of what spirits, and the evil anger they wish to inflict others with, in "The Gingi"?
4. When does the conjure woman tell Josie to go to bed exactly in order for her wish to come true in "The Conjure Brother"?
5. When will Josie's wish come true if she does what the conjure woman says in "The Conjure Brother"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the symbolism and themes in "We Organized", and examine the oral histories from which the story was derived. What was the purpose of these stories for their audiences?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Ray Hammond and compare him with Grady Bishop in "The Woman in the Snow." How do these bus drivers differ?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the setting of "The Sight." During what time period is this story set? How does the setting of the narrative relate to the settings of other stories in the book?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)