|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assassinated Robert Kennedy?
2. What does Grady tell the woman when he opens the door in "The Woman in the Snow"?
3. What does Josie want in the beginning of "The Conjure Brother"?
4. What is Ray's last name in "The Woman in the Snow"?
5. Whose chicken coop is plagued by a monster, according to the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who takes over Grady's route 25 years in the future in "The Woman in the Snow"? What does he encounter?
2. What leads Leddy to leave behind society in "Boo Mama"? What happens to her son?
3. What does the shopkeeper tell Laura about the object in "The Gingi"?
4. How is Laura's husband almost injured in "The Gingi"?
5. What causes the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster" to have to brave the coop?
6. What does Laura encounter which causes her family to leave their home in "The Gingi"? Who is left behind?
7. What does the protagonist's grandfather tell her about his experiences with a monster in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
8. What does Ray do that Grady doesn't in "The Woman in the Snow"? What is the outcome?
9. What encounter does Grady have on his way back to the bus depot in "The Woman in the Snow"?
10. How is Adam described in "The Conjure Brother"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the origins and history of the Ku Klux Klan. What role does the KKK play in "Justice"?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Ajax and the slave master in "We Organized." How old is each of these men? What characteristics are embodied in each?
Essay Topic 3
Identify and analyze the structural elements of "We Organized," including exposition, rising action, climax and denouement. What are character actions and objectives and how do they drive the story forward?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)