|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what society is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster" a founding member?
2. When was Patricia McKissack born?
3. What does Grady do the second time he sees the woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. What university did Patricia McKissack attend?
5. How much time passes before Leddy finds her son in "Boo Mama"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Josie want in "The Conjure Brother"? Where does she go to fulfill her wish?
2. Why does Grady not give the woman a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"? What happens to her?
3. How is a neighborhood girl injured in the coop in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
4. What does Leddy notice about her son after he's returned? What appears in the night?
5. What encounter does Grady have on his way back to the bus depot in "The Woman in the Snow"?
6. What object does Laura notice in a shop window in "The Gingi"?
7. How is Grady Bishop described in the beginning of "The Woman in the Snow"? What does he do?
8. How does Leddy attempt to communicate with Nealy after he's found? What does she discover?
9. What does Ray do that Grady doesn't in "The Woman in the Snow"? What is the outcome?
10. What is Laura's daughter's reaction to the sculpture in "The Gingi"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the setting of "The Legend of Pin Oak." When does the story take place in history? What role does the setting play in the actions and events of the narrative?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the characters of Hoop Granger and Alvin Tinsley in "Justice." What history do these characters have with one another?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the character of Lester Simmons in "The 11:59." What is the objective of the protagonist in the story? What actions does he take once he's heard the 11:59 train?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)