Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens suddenly while Laura's husband is working on repairing an appliance in "The Gingi"?
2. When Josie returns to the conjure woman, the conjure woman suggests different ways to do what in "The Conjure Brother"?
3. How many years pass before Ray becomes a bus driver on Grady's former route in "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. What threatens to attack Laura's daughter while she plays outside in "The Gingi"?
5. Why does the woman need a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"?
Essay Topic 1
Identify and analyze the symbolism and themes in "The 11:59." What is the significance of Lester's watch in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the origins and history of the Ku Klux Klan. What role does the KKK play in "Justice"?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the plot structure of "Justice" and analyze the events which take place in the climax and denouement of the story. Why does Hoop confess? What supernatural elements are in place in the story?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)