Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens suddenly while Laura's husband is working on repairing an appliance in "The Gingi"?
2. When Josie returns to the conjure woman, the conjure woman suggests different ways to do what in "The Conjure Brother"?
3. How many years pass before Ray becomes a bus driver on Grady's former route in "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. What threatens to attack Laura's daughter while she plays outside in "The Gingi"?
5. Why does the woman need a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the origins and history of the Ku Klux Klan. What role does the KKK play in "Justice"?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Henri and Harper in "The Legend of Pin Oak." What characteristics does each man embody? How do they differ?
Essay Topic 3
Describe George Pullman, the Pullman Car Company and The Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters. When did the first black union organize and what obstacles did they face?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)