|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens suddenly while Laura's husband is working on repairing an appliance in "The Gingi"?
2. When Josie returns to the conjure woman, the conjure woman suggests different ways to do what in "The Conjure Brother"?
3. How many years pass before Ray becomes a bus driver on Grady's former route in "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. What threatens to attack Laura's daughter while she plays outside in "The Gingi"?
5. Why does the woman need a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of compassion in the story "The Woman in the Snow." How does Ray's compassion "free" the ghost of the woman and her child?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Ajax and the slave master in "We Organized." How old is each of these men? What characteristics are embodied in each?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the origins and history of the Ku Klux Klan. What role does the KKK play in "Justice"?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)