|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the woman die in "The Woman in the Snow"?
2. What does Leddy discover on her son's spine and hands in "Boo Mama"?
3. Where was Robert Kennedy assassinated?
4. Whose chicken coop is plagued by a monster, according to the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
5. How old is Laura's daughter in "The Gingi"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What encounter does Grady have on his way back to the bus depot in "The Woman in the Snow"?
2. What does Leddy notice about her son after he's returned? What appears in the night?
3. What happens when Josie awakens after performing her "ritual" in "The Conjure Brother"?
4. What does Ray do that Grady doesn't in "The Woman in the Snow"? What is the outcome?
5. How is a neighborhood girl injured in the coop in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
6. What causes the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster" to have to brave the coop?
7. How is Laura's husband almost injured in "The Gingi"?
8. Who is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"? Where is she?
9. What leads Leddy to leave behind society in "Boo Mama"? What happens to her son?
10. How does Leddy attempt to communicate with Nealy after he's found? What does she discover?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Henri and Harper in "The Legend of Pin Oak." What characteristics does each man embody? How do they differ?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the plot structure of "Justice" and analyze the events which take place in the climax and denouement of the story. Why does Hoop confess? What supernatural elements are in place in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the setting of "The Legend of Pin Oak." When does the story take place in history? What role does the setting play in the actions and events of the narrative?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)