|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Josie fall asleep after doing the ritual the conjure woman suggested in "The Conjure Brother"?
2. Who tells Josie that no one has lived at the conjure woman's address for a long time in the ending of "The Conjure Brother"?
3. What does Grady tell the woman when he opens the door in "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. How old is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
5. What protects Laura and her daughter from an animal in the yard in "The Gingi"?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the setting of "We Organized." What year is it in the story? Where does the action take place? How does the setting support the themes of the collection?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Esau's father in "The Sight" with the slave owner in "We Organized." What similarities exist between these men? What differences?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the setting of "The Sight." During what time period is this story set? How does the setting of the narrative relate to the settings of other stories in the book?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)