|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Harper's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
2. Where does Lester lock himself in "The 11:59"?
3. What does Esau's mother believe Esau should do with his psychic abilities in "The Sight"?
4. What title does Henri hold at the Pin Oak Plantation?
5. What weapon is Ajax particularly good at in "We Organized"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leddy attempt to communicate with Nealy after he's found? What does she discover?
2. What does Laura encounter which causes her family to leave their home in "The Gingi"? Who is left behind?
3. What does Leddy notice about her son after he's returned? What appears in the night?
4. Who does Hoop organize in "Justice"? What do they do?
5. What does Josie want in "The Conjure Brother"? Where does she go to fulfill her wish?
6. What is the "veil" in reference to in the story "The Sight"?
7. What is Laura's daughter's reaction to the sculpture in "The Gingi"?
8. How is Lester Simmons described in "The 11:59"?
9. Where does Esau send his family for fear of a fire in "The Sight"? Where does the fire take place?
10. Who does Harper decide to sell instead of Henri in "The Legend of Pin Oak"? What happens?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Ray Hammond and compare him with Grady Bishop in "The Woman in the Snow." How do these bus drivers differ?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the characters of Hoop Granger and Alvin Tinsley in "Justice." What history do these characters have with one another?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the history and origins of voodoo. How did voodoo rituals enter into the American mythology? How are these rituals employed in "We Organized"?
This section contains 1,422 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)