|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ray drive the woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(b) The radio station.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The police station.
2. What is the woman covered with who emerges from the woods in "Boo Mama"?
(b) Gold dust.
3. Patricia McKissack's first book was a biography of what poet?
(a) Paul Lawrence Dunbar.
(b) e.e. cummings.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Robert Frost.
4. Where does the woman say her husband is in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Out of town.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) In bed sleeping.
(d) At work.
5. What is Ray's last name in "The Woman in the Snow"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Martin Luther King, Jr. assassinated?
2. Where was Patricia McKissack's favorite place to go as a child?
3. How old is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
4. Where does the woman from the woods tell Leddy she found her son in "Boo Mama"?
5. What does the woman say she does not have in "The Woman in the Snow"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the conjure woman tell Josie when Josie returns in "The Conjure Brother"?
2. What causes the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster" to have to brave the coop?
3. What does Leddy notice about her son after he's returned? What appears in the night?
4. How is Laura's husband almost injured in "The Gingi"?
5. Why was Nealy returned in "Boo Mama"? Why is he taken away again?
6. How does Leddy attempt to communicate with Nealy after he's found? What does she discover?
7. Who is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"? Where is she?
8. How is a neighborhood girl injured in the coop in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
9. What does Laura encounter which causes her family to leave their home in "The Gingi"? Who is left behind?
10. What does the protagonist's grandfather tell her about his experiences with a monster in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)