|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman say she does not have in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Bus fare.
(b) A baby.
(c) A husband.
(d) A midwife.
2. When was Patricia McKissack born?
3. How is the sculpture described which Laura purchases in "The Gingi"?
4. What time does Josie fall asleep after doing the ritual the conjure woman suggested in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) 11:00 p.m.
(b) 10:30 p.m.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 12:30 a.m.
5. Where is the protagonist sent to stay for a period of time in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) Her father's house.
(b) Her friend's house.
(c) Her grandparents' house.
(d) An institution.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the woman die in "The Woman in the Snow"?
2. What does Grady tell the woman when he opens the door in "The Woman in the Snow"?
3. When is Ray driving when he sees a woman on the side of the road in "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. What is the name of the brother Josie conjures in "The Conjure Brother"?
5. The conjure woman tells Josie she should remember what it feels like to be what on Josie's second visit in "The Conjure Brother"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leddy attempt to communicate with Nealy after he's found? What does she discover?
2. How is Grady Bishop described in the beginning of "The Woman in the Snow"? What does he do?
3. What is the monster symbolic of in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
4. When is Leddy's son found in "Boo Mama"? How does he appear?
5. How is Adam described in "The Conjure Brother"?
6. Who is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"? Where is she?
7. What leads Leddy to leave behind society in "Boo Mama"? What happens to her son?
8. What is the moral theme of "The Conjure Brother"?
9. What does Josie want in "The Conjure Brother"? Where does she go to fulfill her wish?
10. What does the shopkeeper tell Laura about the object in "The Gingi"?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)