|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what society is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster" a founding member?
(a) Feral Dog Admiration Society.
(b) ESP Workers Union.
(c) Mummy Society of Americrats.
(d) Monster Watchers of America.
2. When will Josie's wish come true if she does what the conjure woman says in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) In nine months.
(b) The next morning.
(c) In eleven weeks.
(d) In one year.
3. When was Robert Kennedy assassinated?
4. Where does the woman from the woods tell Leddy she found her son in "Boo Mama"?
(a) Swimming in the river.
(b) On a boat.
(c) At the bottom of a ledge.
(d) Inside a volcano.
5. What is Leddy doing when her son disappears in "Boo Mama"?
(b) Hanging the wash.
(c) Building a fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Patricia McKissack's favorite place to go as a child?
2. What becomes Laura's daughter's favorite toy in "The Gingi"?
3. Where was Robert Kennedy assassinated?
4. What appliance does Laura's husband work to repair in "The Gingi"?
5. How is the sculpture described which Laura purchases in "The Gingi"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the monster symbolic of in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
2. What causes the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster" to have to brave the coop?
3. What civil rights history is reflected in "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. What does Josie want in "The Conjure Brother"? Where does she go to fulfill her wish?
5. When is Leddy's son found in "Boo Mama"? How does he appear?
6. What does the protagonist's grandfather tell her about his experiences with a monster in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
7. What happens when Josie awakens after performing her "ritual" in "The Conjure Brother"?
8. Why was Nealy returned in "Boo Mama"? Why is he taken away again?
9. How is Laura's husband almost injured in "The Gingi"?
10. What object does Laura notice in a shop window in "The Gingi"?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)