|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Josie's conjured brother described in "The Conjure Brother"?
2. What were the names of Patricia McKissack's parents?
(a) Jefferson and Roberta Williams.
(b) Robert and Erma Carwell.
(c) Matthew and Chloe Reynolds.
(d) Thomas and Edna McKissack.
3. How old is Laura's daughter in "The Gingi"?
4. When will Josie's wish come true if she does what the conjure woman says in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) In one year.
(b) In eleven weeks.
(c) The next morning.
(d) In nine months.
5. When was Patricia McKissack born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the woman need a ride to in "The Woman in the Snow"?
2. The shopkeeper tells Laura of what spirits, and the evil anger they wish to inflict others with, in "The Gingi"?
3. Where does the neighboring girl hide during a game of hide-and-seek in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
4. Why does the woman need a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"?
5. Where does Ray drive the woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ray do that Grady doesn't in "The Woman in the Snow"? What is the outcome?
2. What is the moral theme of "The Conjure Brother"?
3. What does the conjure woman tell Josie when Josie returns in "The Conjure Brother"?
4. What is Laura's daughter's reaction to the sculpture in "The Gingi"?
5. What object does Laura notice in a shop window in "The Gingi"?
6. What happens in Laura's home after the purchases the sculpture in "The Gingi"?
7. What does Josie want in "The Conjure Brother"? Where does she go to fulfill her wish?
8. How is Grady Bishop described in the beginning of "The Woman in the Snow"? What does he do?
9. What leads Leddy to leave behind society in "Boo Mama"? What happens to her son?
10. How is Laura's husband almost injured in "The Gingi"?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)