|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the protagonist of "The Chicken-Coop Monster" given to raise?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A chick.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A kitten.
2. How much time passes before Grady sees the same woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) 7 years.
(b) A year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 4 years.
3. What is Leddy doing when her son disappears in "Boo Mama"?
(b) Hanging the wash.
(c) Building a fire.
4. Who assassinated Robert Kennedy?
(a) James Earl Ray.
(b) Sirhan Sirhan.
(c) John Wayne Gacy.
(d) John Wilkes Booth.
5. Where was Patricia McKissack's favorite place to go as a child?
(a) The Nashville Public Library.
(b) The Nashville Public Museum.
(c) Sewannee University.
(d) The Modern Museum of Art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens suddenly while Laura's husband is working on repairing an appliance in "The Gingi"?
2. Where does Laura spot a sculpture which catches her eye in "The Gingi"?
3. What is Grady's profession in "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. Who tells Josie that no one has lived at the conjure woman's address for a long time in the ending of "The Conjure Brother"?
5. What does Leddy do when the woman emerges from the woods in "Boo Mama"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leddy attempt to communicate with Nealy after he's found? What does she discover?
2. What is the moral theme of "The Conjure Brother"?
3. What creature appears from the woods in "Boo Mama"? What does it reveal about Nealy?
4. What causes the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster" to have to brave the coop?
5. Who takes over Grady's route 25 years in the future in "The Woman in the Snow"? What does he encounter?
6. Who is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"? Where is she?
7. How is Grady Bishop described in the beginning of "The Woman in the Snow"? What does he do?
8. What encounter does Grady have on his way back to the bus depot in "The Woman in the Snow"?
9. How is Adam described in "The Conjure Brother"?
10. What leads Leddy to leave behind society in "Boo Mama"? What happens to her son?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)