|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Leddy's son's teddy bear in "Boo Mama"?
2. How many years pass before Ray becomes a bus driver on Grady's former route in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) 28 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 18 years.
3. When does the narrative of "The Chicken-Coop Monster" take place?
4. What becomes Laura's daughter's favorite toy in "The Gingi"?
(a) The statue.
(b) The boxcar.
(c) The monkey.
(d) The noose.
5. Where is the protagonist sent to stay for a period of time in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) Her friend's house.
(b) An institution.
(c) Her grandparents' house.
(d) Her father's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will Josie's wish come true if she does what the conjure woman says in "The Conjure Brother"?
2. What does Laura do with the statue and doll after revisiting the shop in "The Gingi"?
3. Where does the woman need a ride to in "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. What is Leddy doing when her son disappears in "Boo Mama"?
5. What is the woman clutching on the side of the road in "The Woman in the Snow"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What encounter does Grady have on his way back to the bus depot in "The Woman in the Snow"?
2. What civil rights history is reflected in "The Woman in the Snow"?
3. How is Grady Bishop described in the beginning of "The Woman in the Snow"? What does he do?
4. What does Laura encounter which causes her family to leave their home in "The Gingi"? Who is left behind?
5. Why does Grady not give the woman a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"? What happens to her?
6. What object does Laura notice in a shop window in "The Gingi"?
7. What creature appears from the woods in "Boo Mama"? What does it reveal about Nealy?
8. When is Leddy's son found in "Boo Mama"? How does he appear?
9. Why was Nealy returned in "Boo Mama"? Why is he taken away again?
10. Who is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"? Where is she?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)