|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what society is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster" a founding member?
(a) Feral Dog Admiration Society.
(b) Monster Watchers of America.
(c) ESP Workers Union.
(d) Mummy Society of Americrats.
2. What does Laura's daughter insist the statue is in "The Gingi"?
(c) From God.
3. When was Patricia McKissack born?
4. What does the conjure woman tell Josie to place under her bed in order to attain her wish in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) A peach tree twig.
(b) A black stone.
(c) A rose.
(d) A pan of water.
5. What had Leddy been before deciding to drop out of society in "Boo Mama"?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A civil rights activist.
(c) A politician.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the protagonist sent away from her parents for a while in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
2. What does the woman say she does not have in "The Woman in the Snow"?
3. The protagonist's grandfather tells her how he once had a monster where in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
4. What gives the protagonist courage to face the monster in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
5. What is the woman clutching on the side of the road in "The Woman in the Snow"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Josie awakens after revisiting the conjure woman in "The Conjure Brother"?
2. What is Laura's daughter's reaction to the sculpture in "The Gingi"?
3. How is Laura's husband almost injured in "The Gingi"?
4. What does Leddy notice about her son after he's returned? What appears in the night?
5. What does the protagonist's grandfather tell her about his experiences with a monster in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
6. How is Grady Bishop described in the beginning of "The Woman in the Snow"? What does he do?
7. What does the conjure woman tell Josie when Josie returns in "The Conjure Brother"?
8. How is a neighborhood girl injured in the coop in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
9. What is the moral theme of "The Conjure Brother"?
10. Why does Grady not give the woman a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"? What happens to her?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)