|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman from the woods say she gave Leddy's son to save his life in "Boo Mama"?
(c) Her blood.
(d) Bone marrow.
2. What is the name of Leddy's son's teddy bear in "Boo Mama"?
3. Who assassinated Robert Kennedy?
(a) John Wayne Gacy.
(b) James Earl Ray.
(c) John Wilkes Booth.
(d) Sirhan Sirhan.
4. What do the grandparents claim caught the neighboring girl's arm and injured her in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A nail.
(c) A tree.
(d) A monster.
5. Where does the woman need a ride to in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The hospital.
(d) Her mothers house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What protects Laura and her daughter from an animal in the yard in "The Gingi"?
2. What about Josie's new brother is not in accordance with her wish in "The Conjure Brother"?
3. What does the conjure woman tell Josie she will have soon on Josie's second visit in "The Conjure Brother"?
4. Why does Grady refuse to give the woman a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"?
5. What does Leddy do when the woman emerges from the woods in "Boo Mama"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Josie want in "The Conjure Brother"? Where does she go to fulfill her wish?
2. When is Leddy's son found in "Boo Mama"? How does he appear?
3. How is Grady Bishop described in the beginning of "The Woman in the Snow"? What does he do?
4. How does Leddy attempt to communicate with Nealy after he's found? What does she discover?
5. What is the moral of the story in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
6. Who takes over Grady's route 25 years in the future in "The Woman in the Snow"? What does he encounter?
7. Why does Grady not give the woman a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"? What happens to her?
8. Why was Nealy returned in "Boo Mama"? Why is he taken away again?
9. What object does Laura notice in a shop window in "The Gingi"?
10. What does the conjure woman tell Josie when Josie returns in "The Conjure Brother"?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)