|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leddy do when the woman emerges from the woods in "Boo Mama"?
(a) Yells at her.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Pulls a gun.
(d) Stabs her.
2. Where does the woman say her husband is in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) At work.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) Out of town.
(d) In bed sleeping.
3. What do the grandparents claim caught the neighboring girl's arm and injured her in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) A monster.
(b) A nail.
(c) A tree.
(d) A chicken.
4. What does the woman from the woods say that Leddy's son will become in "Boo Mama"?
(a) A poltergeist.
(b) A sasquatch.
(c) A vampire.
(d) A gollum.
5. Where is Patricia McKissack from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the shopkeeper where Laura buys the statue in "The Gingi"?
2. What about Josie's new brother is not in accordance with her wish in "The Conjure Brother"?
3. Where was Patricia McKissack's favorite place to go as a child?
4. The conjure woman tells Josie she should remember what it feels like to be what on Josie's second visit in "The Conjure Brother"?
5. Whose chicken coop is plagued by a monster, according to the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ray do that Grady doesn't in "The Woman in the Snow"? What is the outcome?
2. How is Adam described in "The Conjure Brother"?
3. What does the shopkeeper tell Laura about the object in "The Gingi"?
4. Why does Grady not give the woman a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"? What happens to her?
5. What creature appears from the woods in "Boo Mama"? What does it reveal about Nealy?
6. What is the monster symbolic of in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
7. Why was Nealy returned in "Boo Mama"? Why is he taken away again?
8. What does the conjure woman tell Josie when Josie returns in "The Conjure Brother"?
9. Who takes over Grady's route 25 years in the future in "The Woman in the Snow"? What does he encounter?
10. How is a neighborhood girl injured in the coop in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)