|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman clutching on the side of the road in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) A baby.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A bible.
2. What time does Josie fall asleep after doing the ritual the conjure woman suggested in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) 10:00 p.m.
(b) 12:30 a.m.
(c) 11:00 p.m.
(d) 10:30 p.m.
3. What does the conjure woman tell Josie to have with her siblings in "The Conjure Brother"?
4. What is the protagonist of "The Chicken-Coop Monster" given to raise?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A chick.
5. Why does the woman need a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Her baby is sick.
(b) The snow is too deep to walk in.
(c) Her car broke down.
(d) She is about to give birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leddy take the words her son speaks to have them translated in "Boo Mama"?
2. What does Josie want in the beginning of "The Conjure Brother"?
3. Where was Robert Kennedy assassinated?
4. How much time passes before Leddy finds her son in "Boo Mama"?
5. What does the woman from the woods say that Leddy's son will become in "Boo Mama"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Laura's husband almost injured in "The Gingi"?
2. How is Adam described in "The Conjure Brother"?
3. What does Josie want in "The Conjure Brother"? Where does she go to fulfill her wish?
4. Who is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"? Where is she?
5. How is a neighborhood girl injured in the coop in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
6. What does Laura encounter which causes her family to leave their home in "The Gingi"? Who is left behind?
7. What does Leddy notice about her son after he's returned? What appears in the night?
8. What is the monster symbolic of in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
9. Why does Grady not give the woman a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"? What happens to her?
10. What encounter does Grady have on his way back to the bus depot in "The Woman in the Snow"?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)