|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Josie fall asleep after doing the ritual the conjure woman suggested in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) 12:30 a.m.
(b) 11:00 p.m.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 10:30 p.m.
2. What month is it in the beginning of "The Woman in the Snow"?
3. What is Ray's last name in "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. What does Laura do with the statue and doll after revisiting the shop in "The Gingi"?
(a) Drowns them.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Bombs them.
(d) Buries them.
5. How did the woman die in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) An icicle fell on her.
(b) Hit by a car.
(c) Froze to death.
(d) Heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman from the woods say she gave Leddy's son to save his life in "Boo Mama"?
2. What is Grady's last name in "The Woman in the Snow"?
3. What does Grady tell the woman when he opens the door in "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. Who assassinated Robert Kennedy?
5. What does the shopkeeper tell Laura the statue draws to it in "The Gingi"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What creature appears from the woods in "Boo Mama"? What does it reveal about Nealy?
2. Why was Nealy returned in "Boo Mama"? Why is he taken away again?
3. How does Leddy attempt to communicate with Nealy after he's found? What does she discover?
4. How is a neighborhood girl injured in the coop in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
5. What is the moral theme of "The Conjure Brother"?
6. Who is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"? Where is she?
7. What does Josie want in "The Conjure Brother"? Where does she go to fulfill her wish?
8. What does the shopkeeper tell Laura about the object in "The Gingi"?
9. What does Leddy notice about her son after he's returned? What appears in the night?
10. Who takes over Grady's route 25 years in the future in "The Woman in the Snow"? What does he encounter?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)