|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens suddenly while Laura's husband is working on repairing an appliance in "The Gingi"?
(a) It starts to rain.
(b) An earthquake hits.
(c) The lights go out.
(d) The power comes on.
2. When was Patricia McKissack born?
3. What is Leddy doing when her son disappears in "Boo Mama"?
(c) Hanging the wash.
(d) Building a fire.
4. What does Josie's mother announce the day after Josie's second visit to the conjure woman in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) She's having a baby.
(b) School is starting soon.
(c) Adam died.
(d) They are moving.
5. What becomes Laura's daughter's favorite toy in "The Gingi"?
(a) The monkey.
(b) The statue.
(c) The boxcar.
(d) The noose.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Laura's daughter in "The Gingi"?
2. What does Laura's daughter insist the statue is in "The Gingi"?
3. What is the protagonist of "The Chicken-Coop Monster" given to raise?
4. What does the conjure woman tell Josie she will have soon on Josie's second visit in "The Conjure Brother"?
5. Patricia McKissack's first book was a biography of what poet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Laura's daughter's reaction to the sculpture in "The Gingi"?
2. What happens in Laura's home after the purchases the sculpture in "The Gingi"?
3. How is a neighborhood girl injured in the coop in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
4. What does Laura encounter which causes her family to leave their home in "The Gingi"? Who is left behind?
5. Who takes over Grady's route 25 years in the future in "The Woman in the Snow"? What does he encounter?
6. Why does Grady not give the woman a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"? What happens to her?
7. How is Adam described in "The Conjure Brother"?
8. What is the moral theme of "The Conjure Brother"?
9. What encounter does Grady have on his way back to the bus depot in "The Woman in the Snow"?
10. What civil rights history is reflected in "The Woman in the Snow"?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)