|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ray drive the woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) The radio station.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The police station.
2. What does Grady tell the woman when he opens the door in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Get lost.
(b) No one rides for free.
(c) Get a job.
(d) To go home.
3. What about Josie's new brother is not in accordance with her wish in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) He is shy.
(b) He is older.
(c) He is younger.
(d) He is a dog.
4. What does the woman from the woods say she gave Leddy's son to save his life in "Boo Mama"?
(a) Her blood.
(d) Bone marrow.
5. Why does Grady refuse to give the woman a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) The bus is full.
(b) The bus is out of service.
(c) She is black.
(d) She doesn't have bus fare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what society is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster" a founding member?
2. What is the name of Leddy's son's teddy bear in "Boo Mama"?
3. What becomes possessed with the spirit of a gingi in "The Gingi"?
4. When Josie returns to the conjure woman, the conjure woman suggests different ways to do what in "The Conjure Brother"?
5. What does the conjure woman tell Josie to have with her siblings in "The Conjure Brother"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who takes over Grady's route 25 years in the future in "The Woman in the Snow"? What does he encounter?
2. What leads Leddy to leave behind society in "Boo Mama"? What happens to her son?
3. What civil rights history is reflected in "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. What does Josie want in "The Conjure Brother"? Where does she go to fulfill her wish?
5. What is the moral theme of "The Conjure Brother"?
6. What does Ray do that Grady doesn't in "The Woman in the Snow"? What is the outcome?
7. What does the protagonist's grandfather tell her about his experiences with a monster in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
8. What happens when Josie awakens after revisiting the conjure woman in "The Conjure Brother"?
9. When is Leddy's son found in "Boo Mama"? How does he appear?
10. How is a neighborhood girl injured in the coop in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)