|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the conjure woman tell Josie to have with her siblings in "The Conjure Brother"?
2. What threatens to attack Laura's daughter while she plays outside in "The Gingi"?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A snake.
(d) A bear.
3. How many years pass before Ray becomes a bus driver on Grady's former route in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) 18 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 28 years.
(d) 15 years.
4. How old is Leddy's son when she moves to the mountains and leaves behind society in "Boo Mama"?
5. What university did Patricia McKissack attend?
(a) Rutgers University.
(b) The University of Georgia.
(d) Sewannee University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the grandparents claim caught the neighboring girl's arm and injured her in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
2. What does Leddy discover on her son's spine and hands in "Boo Mama"?
3. What does Laura's daughter insist the statue is in "The Gingi"?
4. What does the woman say she does not have in "The Woman in the Snow"?
5. What does Grady tell the woman when he opens the door in "The Woman in the Snow"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Laura's home after the purchases the sculpture in "The Gingi"?
2. What does Ray do that Grady doesn't in "The Woman in the Snow"? What is the outcome?
3. What does the protagonist's grandfather tell her about his experiences with a monster in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
4. How is a neighborhood girl injured in the coop in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
5. What object does Laura notice in a shop window in "The Gingi"?
6. What does the shopkeeper tell Laura about the object in "The Gingi"?
7. What happens when Josie awakens after revisiting the conjure woman in "The Conjure Brother"?
8. What is the monster symbolic of in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
9. When is Leddy's son found in "Boo Mama"? How does he appear?
10. Why does Grady not give the woman a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"? What happens to her?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)