|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The third development of the Ku Klux Klan developed just after what?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Civil War.
2. What does the AFL refer to?
(a) After Five Line.
(b) Anybody Famous Loungecar.
(c) American Federation of Labor.
(d) American Football League.
3. Where does a fire take place in "The Sight"?
(a) Esau's house.
(b) Esau's father's house.
(c) Esau's mother's house.
(d) Esau's neighbor's house.
4. How does Harper die in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) He falls into the river.
(b) He gets stabbed.
(c) He gets kicked by a horse.
(d) He gets struck by lightning.
5. When did Britain outlaw slavery?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who organized the union of workers associated with the Pullman Palace Car Company?
2. What is the name of the sac in which the fetus develops?
3. When Harper realizes he cannot sell his brother, who does he decide to sell to the slave dealers instead in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
4. What refers to a thin, filmy membrane that can cover a newborn's head and face immediately after birth?
5. According to legend, anyone who hears the fabled 11:59 train will die within how much time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Esau send his family for fear of a fire in "The Sight"? Where does the fire take place?
2. What leads Hoop to confess in "Justice"? What happens to the windows?
3. Who is found murdered in "Justice"? Who points the police in the direction of Alvin Tinsley?
4. What stories does Lester regale in "The 11:59"?
5. What happens when the police question Alvin in "Justice"?
6. What happened to Harper's mother in "The Legend of Pin Oak"? When was he brought to the plantation?
7. What does the slave master do in the ending of "We Organized"? Why?
8. How does Harper die in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
9. What does Hoop experience after the murder of Alvin Tinsley in "Justice"?
10. What ritual do the slaves perform in "We Organized"?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)