|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mayor in "Justice" announces that Alvin Tinsley died how?
(a) By hanging himself.
(b) By shooting himself.
(c) In a tractor accident.
(d) By falling into the river.
2. From what job position did Lester retire in "The 11:59"?
(b) Pullman porter.
(d) Coal shoveler.
3. How is Alvin Tinsley killed in "Justice"?
(a) He is hung.
(b) He is stabbed.
(c) He is given lethal injection.
(d) He is shot.
4. Who was Esau's father in the Hebrew Bible?
5. When did the second development of the Ku Klux Klan flourish nationwide in the U.S.?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the police go to inspect the gas station in "Justice," what happens?
2. Who attempted to take away the gas station in order to fulfill a debt in "Justice"?
3. Where does a fire take place in "The Sight"?
4. What position were black employees of the Pullman Palace Car Company not eligible for promotion as it was reserved for whites?
5. Where does Esau announce that he could not be happier in his life in "The Sight"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the monster symbolic of in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
2. How is a neighborhood girl injured in the coop in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
3. What happens when Josie awakens after revisiting the conjure woman in "The Conjure Brother"?
4. What encounter does Grady have on his way back to the bus depot in "The Woman in the Snow"?
5. What is Laura's daughter's reaction to the sculpture in "The Gingi"?
6. How does Leddy attempt to communicate with Nealy after he's found? What does she discover?
7. What stories does Lester regale in "The 11:59"?
8. How is Adam described in "The Conjure Brother"?
9. What civil rights history is reflected in "The Woman in the Snow"?
10. Why does Grady not give the woman a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"? What happens to her?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)