|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harper announce he is planning to sell in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
2. Esau's father exploits his son's psychic abilities where in "The Sight"?
(a) A dog fight.
(b) The racetrack.
(c) The casino.
(d) A cock fight.
3. What title does Henri hold at the Pin Oak Plantation?
(b) Assistant Manager.
(c) Head Botanist.
(d) Night Watchman.
4. What does Ajax refuse to knock from a tree in "We Organized"?
(a) An apple.
(b) A walnut.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A wasp nest.
5. What sound does Lester hear after leaving his friends to head home in "The 11:59"?
(a) A train whistle.
(b) A barking dog.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A car horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Harper's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
2. What begins to show etchings of Hoop's crimes in "Justice"?
3. What does the KKK try Alvin Tinsley for in "Justice"?
4. Who researches the story of Henri several decades after his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
5. Which of the following is true of Henri's wife in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Upon what stories is "We Organized" derived?
2. How is Lester Simmons described in "The 11:59"?
3. Why does Harper attempt to sell Henri in "The Legend of Pin Oak"? Why doesn't he?
4. How does Lester attempt to avoid his fate in "The 11:59"? Does he?
5. How do Esau's parents each react to their son's gift in "The Sight"?
6. What stories does Lester regale in "The 11:59"?
7. What leads Hoop to confess in "Justice"? What happens to the windows?
8. Where did the etchings in the window come from in "Justice"?
9. Where does Esau send his family for fear of a fire in "The Sight"? Where does the fire take place?
10. What does Hoop experience after the murder of Alvin Tinsley in "Justice"?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)