|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Harper realizes he cannot sell his brother, who does he decide to sell to the slave dealers instead in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Henri's wife.
(b) Henri's son and wife.
(c) Henri's daughter and wife.
(d) Henri's daughter.
2. What title does Henri hold at the Pin Oak Plantation?
(a) Night Watchman.
(b) Assistant Manager.
(d) Head Botanist.
3. What is Esau's last name in "The Sight"?
4. What is the name of the sac in which the fetus develops?
(a) Amniotic sac.
(b) Fataliacal sac.
(c) Baby sac.
(d) Natal sac.
5. Who turns himself in for the murder of the richest man in town in "Justice"?
(a) Hoop Granger.
(b) Alvin Tinsley.
(c) Riley Granger.
(d) Riley Holt.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the first organization of the Ku Klux Klan flourish in the American South?
2. What sound does Lester hear after leaving his friends to head home in "The 11:59"?
3. What is the name of Henri's wife in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
4. How many employees of the Pullman Palace Car Company began a wildcat strike in response to recent reductions in wages, which led to the Pullman Strike?
5. What weapon is Ajax particularly good at in "We Organized"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Upon what folklore is the story "The Sight" based?
2. Who researches the story of Henri in "The Legend of Pin Oak" years later? What does she find?
3. What is the thematic point of "We Organized"? Is the story based on fact?
4. What is Ajax adept at using in "We Organized"? How is this revealed?
5. Where did the etchings in the window come from in "Justice"?
6. How is Lester Simmons described in "The 11:59"?
7. What historical relevance does Lester have in "The 11:59"?
8. Who is found murdered in "Justice"? Who points the police in the direction of Alvin Tinsley?
9. What happened to Harper's mother in "The Legend of Pin Oak"? When was he brought to the plantation?
10. What happens when the police question Alvin in "Justice"?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)