|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the father of Ajax in Greek mythology?
2. What begins to show etchings of Hoop's crimes in "Justice"?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A wood plank.
(c) The shop windows.
(d) A wall.
3. How does Harper die in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) He gets stabbed.
(b) He gets struck by lightning.
(c) He gets kicked by a horse.
(d) He falls into the river.
4. Who owns the gas station in town in "Justice"?
(a) Hoop Granger.
(b) Riley Granger.
(c) Alvin Tinsley.
(d) Riley Holt.
5. What position were black employees of the Pullman Palace Car Company not eligible for promotion as it was reserved for whites?
Short Answer Questions
1. The mayor in "Justice" announces that Alvin Tinsley died how?
2. Esau warns his father that the men from whom he borrowed money intend to do what in "The Sight"?
3. When did George Pullman establish his company?
4. Which of the following is true of Ajax in "We Organized"?
5. When the police go to inspect the gas station in "Justice," what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Nealy returned in "Boo Mama"? Why is he taken away again?
2. What creature appears from the woods in "Boo Mama"? What does it reveal about Nealy?
3. What is the thematic point of "We Organized"? Is the story based on fact?
4. What does Ray do that Grady doesn't in "The Woman in the Snow"? What is the outcome?
5. What does Leddy notice about her son after he's returned? What appears in the night?
6. Who is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"? Where is she?
7. What historical relevance does Lester have in "The 11:59"?
8. What happens when the police question Alvin in "Justice"?
9. How is Laura's husband almost injured in "The Gingi"?
10. What happened to Harper's mother in "The Legend of Pin Oak"? When was he brought to the plantation?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)