|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the slave from which the plantation owner offends in "We Organized"?
(c) The Congo.
(d) South Africa.
2. What item do the slaves take off the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
(a) A button.
(b) A patch.
(c) A string.
(d) A pin.
3. Where does Esau announce that he could not be happier in his life in "The Sight"?
(a) A wedding.
(b) At church.
(c) A football game.
(d) A birthday party.
4. When had Hoop accused Alvin of killing a cat in "Justice"?
(a) 20 years ago.
(b) 5 years ago.
(c) 8 years ago.
(d) 14 years ago.
5. Who turns himself in for the murder of the richest man in town in "Justice"?
(a) Riley Granger.
(b) Alvin Tinsley.
(c) Hoop Granger.
(d) Riley Holt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lester die in "The 11:59"?
2. How many employees of the Pullman Palace Car Company began a wildcat strike in response to recent reductions in wages, which led to the Pullman Strike?
3. Esau warns his father that the men from whom he borrowed money intend to do what in "The Sight"?
4. Who was Henri's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
5. What caused the fire in "The Sight"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lester attempt to avoid his fate in "The 11:59"? Does he?
2. What is Ajax adept at using in "We Organized"? How is this revealed?
3. Why does Harper attempt to sell Henri in "The Legend of Pin Oak"? Why doesn't he?
4. How did Amos treat Henri growing up in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
5. What does Hoop experience after the murder of Alvin Tinsley in "Justice"?
6. What is the "veil" in reference to in the story "The Sight"?
7. What happens on Esau's birthday as an adult in "The Sight"?
8. What historical relevance does Lester have in "The 11:59"?
9. How did Lester die? What symbolism surrounds his death in "The 11:59"?
10. Who researches the story of Henri in "The Legend of Pin Oak" years later? What does she find?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)