|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harper die in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) He gets stabbed.
(b) He gets struck by lightning.
(c) He falls into the river.
(d) He gets kicked by a horse.
2. Who does Harper announce he is planning to sell in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
3. When Harper realizes he cannot sell his brother, who does he decide to sell to the slave dealers instead in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Henri's daughter.
(b) Henri's wife.
(c) Henri's son and wife.
(d) Henri's daughter and wife.
4. Esau warns his father that the men from whom he borrowed money intend to do what in "The Sight"?
(a) Hurt him.
(b) Forgive him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Be his friend.
5. How did Lester die in "The 11:59"?
(b) Fell down a flight of stairs.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Hit by a train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the fire in "The Sight"?
2. Which of the following is true of Ajax in "We Organized"?
3. In Hebrew, the name Esau means what?
4. Who is the former owner of the Pin Oak Plantation?
5. Why does Esau's psychic ability leave him in "The Sight"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who researches the story of Henri in "The Legend of Pin Oak" years later? What does she find?
2. How do Esau's parents each react to their son's gift in "The Sight"?
3. How is the slave master described in "We Organized"? What does he do to cause the slaves to rise against him?
4. How does Esau injure himself in "The Sight"? Does he reach his family in time?
5. How did Amos treat Henri growing up in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
6. Where does Esau send his family for fear of a fire in "The Sight"? Where does the fire take place?
7. How did Lester die? What symbolism surrounds his death in "The 11:59"?
8. What happened to Harper's mother in "The Legend of Pin Oak"? When was he brought to the plantation?
9. What stories does Lester regale in "The 11:59"?
10. What does Hoop experience after the murder of Alvin Tinsley in "Justice"?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)