|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Pullman Strike take place?
2. How was the richest man in town found murdered in the beginning of "Justice"?
3. What is the name of the sac in which the fetus develops?
(a) Natal sac.
(b) Fataliacal sac.
(c) Amniotic sac.
(d) Baby sac.
4. When the police go to inspect the gas station in "Justice," what happens?
(a) It goes up in flames.
(b) It's locked.
(c) They find a body.
(d) They crash into the pump.
5. When had Hoop accused Alvin of killing a cat in "Justice"?
(a) 20 years ago.
(b) 5 years ago.
(c) 8 years ago.
(d) 14 years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what Classical work is the mythological Ajax notable for his abundant strength and courage, seen particularly in two fights with Hector?
2. Whose mother died the day he was born in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
3. Where was Henri's mother from in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
4. Who is the former owner of the Pin Oak Plantation?
5. Into what river does Harper watch his brother leap to his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Hoop organize in "Justice"? What do they do?
2. Where did the etchings in the window come from in "Justice"?
3. What happens when the police question Alvin in "Justice"?
4. What ritual do the slaves perform in "We Organized"?
5. How is the slave master described in "We Organized"? What does he do to cause the slaves to rise against him?
6. How do Esau's parents each react to their son's gift in "The Sight"?
7. Who is found murdered in "Justice"? Who points the police in the direction of Alvin Tinsley?
8. What happened to Harper's mother in "The Legend of Pin Oak"? When was he brought to the plantation?
9. What is the "veil" in reference to in the story "The Sight"?
10. What leads Hoop to confess in "Justice"? What happens to the windows?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)