|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harper announce he is planning to sell in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
2. What title does Henri hold at the Pin Oak Plantation?
(b) Night Watchman.
(c) Assistant Manager.
(d) Head Botanist.
3. Who owns the gas station in town in "Justice"?
(a) Alvin Tinsley.
(b) Riley Holt.
(c) Riley Granger.
(d) Hoop Granger.
4. Where does Esau announce that he could not be happier in his life in "The Sight"?
(a) A wedding.
(b) At church.
(c) A football game.
(d) A birthday party.
5. Who received ownership of Pin Oak Plantation after his father died?
(b) Amos McAvoy.
(c) Harper McAvoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Esau's fraternal twin brother in the Hebrew Bible?
2. Who turns himself in for the murder of the richest man in town in "Justice"?
3. Who researches the story of Henri several decades after his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
4. Why is Henri a free black man and not a slave in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
5. What does the slave owner do with his slaves in the ending of "We Organized"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "veil" in reference to in the story "The Sight"?
2. What happened to Harper's mother in "The Legend of Pin Oak"? When was he brought to the plantation?
3. How does Lester attempt to avoid his fate in "The 11:59"? Does he?
4. What is Ajax adept at using in "We Organized"? How is this revealed?
5. What is the thematic point of "We Organized"? Is the story based on fact?
6. Who does Harper decide to sell instead of Henri in "The Legend of Pin Oak"? What happens?
7. What does the slave master do in the ending of "We Organized"? Why?
8. How does Esau injure himself in "The Sight"? Does he reach his family in time?
9. Who does Hoop organize in "Justice"? What do they do?
10. How did Amos treat Henri growing up in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)