|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the union of workers associated with the Pullman Palace Car Company established?
2. How does Harper die in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) He gets stabbed.
(b) He falls into the river.
(c) He gets kicked by a horse.
(d) He gets struck by lightning.
3. What does the KKK try Alvin Tinsley for in "Justice"?
4. What does Hoop begin having a few days after the death of Alvin Tinsley in "Justice"?
(a) Religious visions.
(c) Sneezing fits.
5. Who attempted to take away the gas station in order to fulfill a debt in "Justice"?
(a) Hoop Holt.
(b) Riley Holt.
(c) Hoop Granger.
(d) Alvin Tinsley.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the richest man in town found murdered in the beginning of "Justice"?
2. The slaves in "We Organized" take an item off what piece of the plantation owner's clothing?
3. Who wants Ajax to prove his abilities by knocking something from a tree in "We Organized"?
4. From what job position did Lester retire in "The 11:59"?
5. What position were black employees of the Pullman Palace Car Company not eligible for promotion as it was reserved for whites?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harper die in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
2. What is Laura's daughter's reaction to the sculpture in "The Gingi"?
3. What is the thematic point of "We Organized"? Is the story based on fact?
4. Who does Harper decide to sell instead of Henri in "The Legend of Pin Oak"? What happens?
5. How does Lester know he's heard the 11:59? What does this train whistle mean?
6. What stories does Lester regale in "The 11:59"?
7. How do Esau's parents each react to their son's gift in "The Sight"?
8. Who does Hoop organize in "Justice"? What do they do?
9. Who takes over Grady's route 25 years in the future in "The Woman in the Snow"? What does he encounter?
10. How is a neighborhood girl injured in the coop in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)