|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the slave owner do with his slaves in the ending of "We Organized"?
(a) Sells them.
(b) Frees them.
(c) Makes them work harder.
(d) Beats them.
2. Which of the following is true of Henri's wife in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) She is a slave.
(b) She was born in New Orleans.
(c) She is a freed slave.
(d) She is white.
3. When the police go to inspect the gas station in "Justice," what happens?
(a) They crash into the pump.
(b) It's locked.
(c) It goes up in flames.
(d) They find a body.
4. What weapon is Ajax particularly good at in "We Organized"?
(a) The whip.
(b) A sword.
(c) A gun.
(d) A bow.
5. What does the slave owner begin to hear in his head after the "spell" by the slaves in "We Organized"?
(a) God's voice.
(d) The devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the AFL refer to?
2. What begins to show etchings of Hoop's crimes in "Justice"?
3. When was the union of workers associated with the Pullman Palace Car Company established?
4. The mayor in "Justice" announces that Alvin Tinsley died how?
5. When did the second development of the Ku Klux Klan flourish nationwide in the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Hoop to confess in "Justice"? What happens to the windows?
2. How does Lester attempt to avoid his fate in "The 11:59"? Does he?
3. How did Amos treat Henri growing up in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
4. Upon what stories is "We Organized" derived?
5. What is the thematic point of "We Organized"? Is the story based on fact?
6. Where did the etchings in the window come from in "Justice"?
7. How is Lester Simmons described in "The 11:59"?
8. How does Harper die in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
9. Who researches the story of Henri in "The Legend of Pin Oak" years later? What does she find?
10. What does Hoop experience after the murder of Alvin Tinsley in "Justice"?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)