Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lester often go to regale stories of the past in "The 11:59"?
(a) His church.
(b) The caboose.
(c) The locomotive.
(d) The porter house.
2. From what do the slaves hang an item from the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
(a) A lamp post.
(b) A ladder.
(c) The plantation owner's house.
(d) A tree.
3. Into what river does Harper watch his brother leap to his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Green River.
(b) Fall River.
(c) Snake River.
(d) Topps River.
4. In what town did the Pullman Strike begin?
(a) Pullman, Illinois.
(b) Pullman, Texas.
(c) Pullman, North Dakota.
(d) Pullman, New York.
5. Who does Harper announce he is planning to sell in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harper die in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
2. What does the AFL refer to?
3. When did Britain outlaw slavery?
4. Where was Henri's mother from in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
5. What do the slaves do to the item taken from the plantation owner in "We Organized"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the slave master do in the ending of "We Organized"? Why?
2. How is Grady Bishop described in the beginning of "The Woman in the Snow"? What does he do?
3. Who researches the story of Henri in "The Legend of Pin Oak" years later? What does she find?
4. How does Leddy attempt to communicate with Nealy after he's found? What does she discover?
5. How does Lester attempt to avoid his fate in "The 11:59"? Does he?
6. What does the protagonist's grandfather tell her about his experiences with a monster in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
7. What object does Laura notice in a shop window in "The Gingi"?
8. How is Lester Simmons described in "The 11:59"?
9. What leads Leddy to leave behind society in "Boo Mama"? What happens to her son?
10. How is Laura's husband almost injured in "The Gingi"?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)