|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Henri have in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
2. When the police go to inspect the gas station in "Justice," what happens?
(a) They find a body.
(b) It goes up in flames.
(c) They crash into the pump.
(d) It's locked.
3. What flies up from the river after Henri is seen disappearing into it with his family in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Two bats.
(b) A moth.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) Three birds.
4. What is the name of the sac in which the fetus develops?
(a) Baby sac.
(b) Amniotic sac.
(c) Fataliacal sac.
(d) Natal sac.
5. Whose mother died the day he was born in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who researches the story of Henri several decades after his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
2. Who was the father of Ajax in Greek mythology?
3. From what do the slaves hang an item from the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
4. Esau warns his father that the men from whom he borrowed money intend to do what in "The Sight"?
5. Who beats Esau's father in "The Sight"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Esau's parents each react to their son's gift in "The Sight"?
2. How is the slave master described in "We Organized"? What does he do to cause the slaves to rise against him?
3. Where does Esau send his family for fear of a fire in "The Sight"? Where does the fire take place?
4. Upon what stories is "We Organized" derived?
5. How does Lester attempt to avoid his fate in "The 11:59"? Does he?
6. Who researches the story of Henri in "The Legend of Pin Oak" years later? What does she find?
7. How does Esau injure himself in "The Sight"? Does he reach his family in time?
8. How does Lester know he's heard the 11:59? What does this train whistle mean?
9. What is the thematic point of "We Organized"? Is the story based on fact?
10. What is Ajax adept at using in "We Organized"? How is this revealed?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)