|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Henri's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Amos McAvoy.
(b) Harper McAvoy.
(c) Henri McAvoy Sr.
(d) Henri Harper Sr.
2. What refers to a person who professes an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception?
3. What item do the slaves take off the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
(a) A pin.
(b) A patch.
(c) A button.
(d) A string.
4. Who beats Esau's father in "The Sight"?
(a) Men he owes money to.
(b) The train conductor.
(c) Esau's uncle.
(d) Esau's mother.
5. What sound does Lester hear after leaving his friends to head home in "The 11:59"?
(a) A train whistle.
(b) A barking dog.
(c) A car horn.
(d) An airplane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Henri have in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
2. Who was Harper's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
3. What do the slaves do to the item taken from the plantation owner in "We Organized"?
4. What is the name of the sac in which the fetus develops?
5. What position were black employees of the Pullman Palace Car Company not eligible for promotion as it was reserved for whites?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the slave master described in "We Organized"? What does he do to cause the slaves to rise against him?
2. Where does Esau send his family for fear of a fire in "The Sight"? Where does the fire take place?
3. What stories does Lester regale in "The 11:59"?
4. How does Esau injure himself in "The Sight"? Does he reach his family in time?
5. What happened to Harper's mother in "The Legend of Pin Oak"? When was he brought to the plantation?
6. What happens on Esau's birthday as an adult in "The Sight"?
7. What does the slave master do in the ending of "We Organized"? Why?
8. What is Ajax adept at using in "We Organized"? How is this revealed?
9. What ritual do the slaves perform in "We Organized"?
10. Where did the etchings in the window come from in "Justice"?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)