|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henri's mother was what in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) A freed slave.
(b) Native American.
(c) A white woman.
(d) A plantation owner.
2. How does Harper die in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) He falls into the river.
(b) He gets stabbed.
(c) He gets kicked by a horse.
(d) He gets struck by lightning.
3. Who was Esau's fraternal twin brother in the Hebrew Bible?
4. When did the second development of the Ku Klux Klan flourish nationwide in the U.S.?
5. How many children does Henri have in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the slave from which the plantation owner offends in "We Organized"?
2. What is Esau's last name in "The Sight"?
3. How is Alvin Tinsley killed in "Justice"?
4. Which of the following is true of Henri's wife in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
5. What begins to show etchings of Hoop's crimes in "Justice"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the thematic point of "We Organized"? Is the story based on fact?
2. What does Hoop experience after the murder of Alvin Tinsley in "Justice"?
3. What is the "veil" in reference to in the story "The Sight"?
4. How does Lester know he's heard the 11:59? What does this train whistle mean?
5. Who researches the story of Henri in "The Legend of Pin Oak" years later? What does she find?
6. What happened to Harper's mother in "The Legend of Pin Oak"? When was he brought to the plantation?
7. What leads Hoop to confess in "Justice"? What happens to the windows?
8. What does the slave master do in the ending of "We Organized"? Why?
9. How does Lester attempt to avoid his fate in "The 11:59"? Does he?
10. How do Esau's parents each react to their son's gift in "The Sight"?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)