|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants Ajax to prove his abilities by knocking something from a tree in "We Organized"?
(a) The plantation owner.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) A fellow slave.
2. Who attempted to take away the gas station in order to fulfill a debt in "Justice"?
(a) Hoop Granger.
(b) Hoop Holt.
(c) Alvin Tinsley.
(d) Riley Holt.
3. Who was the father of Ajax in Greek mythology?
4. What is the name of the labor union associated with the Pullman Palace Car Company?
(a) International Brotherhood of Hospitality Workers.
(b) Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters.
(c) Brotherhood of Guest Services Workers.
(d) International Brotherhood of Railworkers.
5. Where is the slave from which the plantation owner offends in "We Organized"?
(c) The Congo.
(d) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sac in which the fetus develops?
2. Who researches the story of Henri several decades after his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
3. From what do the slaves hang an item from the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
4. Who was Henri's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
5. When the police go to inspect the gas station in "Justice," what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hoop experience after the murder of Alvin Tinsley in "Justice"?
2. How does Lester attempt to avoid his fate in "The 11:59"? Does he?
3. Who does Harper decide to sell instead of Henri in "The Legend of Pin Oak"? What happens?
4. How did Amos treat Henri growing up in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
5. Upon what stories is "We Organized" derived?
6. How does Harper die in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
7. Who researches the story of Henri in "The Legend of Pin Oak" years later? What does she find?
8. What happened to Harper's mother in "The Legend of Pin Oak"? When was he brought to the plantation?
9. How is the slave master described in "We Organized"? What does he do to cause the slaves to rise against him?
10. What is the thematic point of "We Organized"? Is the story based on fact?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)