|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esau begin having nightmares about in "The Sight"?
(a) A fire.
(d) A dead relative.
2. When the police go to inspect the gas station in "Justice," what happens?
(a) They find a body.
(b) They crash into the pump.
(c) It goes up in flames.
(d) It's locked.
3. Who attempted to take away the gas station in order to fulfill a debt in "Justice"?
(a) Hoop Holt.
(b) Riley Holt.
(c) Alvin Tinsley.
(d) Hoop Granger.
4. What is the name of Henri's wife in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
5. How is Alvin Tinsley killed in "Justice"?
(a) He is hung.
(b) He is stabbed.
(c) He is given lethal injection.
(d) He is shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Henri have in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
2. When did George Pullman establish his company?
3. What do the slaves do to the item taken from the plantation owner in "We Organized"?
4. Who turns himself in for the murder of the richest man in town in "Justice"?
5. What is the name of the sac in which the fetus develops?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ray do that Grady doesn't in "The Woman in the Snow"? What is the outcome?
2. How is a neighborhood girl injured in the coop in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
3. Upon what stories is "We Organized" derived?
4. What does the protagonist's grandfather tell her about his experiences with a monster in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
5. What creature appears from the woods in "Boo Mama"? What does it reveal about Nealy?
6. How is Lester Simmons described in "The 11:59"?
7. What ritual do the slaves perform in "We Organized"?
8. Where did the etchings in the window come from in "Justice"?
9. What happens on Esau's birthday as an adult in "The Sight"?
10. What happens when Josie awakens after revisiting the conjure woman in "The Conjure Brother"?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)