|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What university did Patricia McKissack attend?
(b) Rutgers University.
(c) Sewannee University.
(d) The University of Georgia.
2. How is the sculpture described which Laura purchases in "The Gingi"?
3. Who assassinated Robert Kennedy?
(a) John Wilkes Booth.
(b) John Wayne Gacy.
(c) Sirhan Sirhan.
(d) James Earl Ray.
4. What does Josie's mother announce the day after Josie's second visit to the conjure woman in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) She's having a baby.
(b) Adam died.
(c) School is starting soon.
(d) They are moving.
5. What does the shopkeeper claim the statue is which Laura wants to buy in "The Gingi"?
6. What does the woman say she does not have in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) A husband.
(b) A midwife.
(c) A baby.
(d) Bus fare.
7. What is the name of the brother Josie conjures in "The Conjure Brother"?
8. Where does Leddy decide to move when she drops out of society in "Boo Mama"?
(a) Southern Florida.
(b) Western Texas.
(c) Northern Michigan.
(d) Eastern Tennessee.
9. What is the woman clutching on the side of the road in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A bible.
(c) A baby.
10. Who tells Josie that no one has lived at the conjure woman's address for a long time in the ending of "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) The mail man.
(b) A real estate agent.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A neighbor.
11. What does the woman from the woods say she gave Leddy's son to save his life in "Boo Mama"?
(a) Bone marrow.
(d) Her blood.
12. What is Leddy doing when her son disappears in "Boo Mama"?
(b) Building a fire.
(c) Hanging the wash.
13. What gives the protagonist courage to face the monster in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) Her father's divorce.
(b) Her dog's heroism.
(c) Her grandfather's love.
(d) Her mother's letter.
14. Where does the neighboring girl hide during a game of hide-and-seek in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) The attic.
(b) The barn.
(c) The chicken coop.
(d) The woods.
15. How much time passes before Grady sees the same woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Patricia McKissack from?
2. Of what society is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster" a founding member?
3. What does Josie want in the beginning of "The Conjure Brother"?
4. What is changed when Josie awakes the next day after her second visit to the conjure woman in "The Conjure Brother"?
5. Why is the protagonist sent away from her parents for a while in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)