|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the grandparents claim caught the neighboring girl's arm and injured her in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A nail.
(c) A tree.
(d) A monster.
2. What is the name of the brother Josie conjures in "The Conjure Brother"?
3. What happens suddenly while Laura's husband is working on repairing an appliance in "The Gingi"?
(a) It starts to rain.
(b) The lights go out.
(c) The power comes on.
(d) An earthquake hits.
4. What is Grady's last name in "The Woman in the Snow"?
5. Why does Grady refuse to give the woman a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) She doesn't have bus fare.
(b) The bus is out of service.
(c) The bus is full.
(d) She is black.
6. What does the conjure woman tell Josie to have with her siblings in "The Conjure Brother"?
7. How much time passes before Leddy finds her son in "Boo Mama"?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
8. What does the woman say she does not have in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) A husband.
(b) A midwife.
(c) A baby.
(d) Bus fare.
9. Why does the woman need a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) She is about to give birth.
(b) The snow is too deep to walk in.
(c) Her baby is sick.
(d) Her car broke down.
10. What does Laura's daughter insist the statue is in "The Gingi"?
(a) From God.
11. What does Grady tell the woman when he opens the door in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Get a job.
(b) To go home.
(c) Get lost.
(d) No one rides for free.
12. When was Patricia McKissack born?
13. What time does Josie fall asleep after doing the ritual the conjure woman suggested in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) 11:00 p.m.
(b) 12:30 a.m.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 10:30 p.m.
14. What becomes Laura's daughter's favorite toy in "The Gingi"?
(a) The noose.
(b) The monkey.
(c) The statue.
(d) The boxcar.
15. What gives the protagonist courage to face the monster in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) Her dog's heroism.
(b) Her grandfather's love.
(c) Her mother's letter.
(d) Her father's divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the statue sit in Laura's home in "The Gingi"?
2. How old is Laura's daughter in "The Gingi"?
3. What does the woman from the woods say that Leddy's son will become in "Boo Mama"?
4. Where does the neighboring girl hide during a game of hide-and-seek in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
5. Where does the woman say her husband is in "The Woman in the Snow"?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)