|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the shopkeeper where Laura buys the statue in "The Gingi"?
(a) Mrs. Dabodo.
(b) Mrs. Motangu.
(c) Mrs. Congumu.
(d) Mrs. Aswadi.
2. What does Laura do with the statue and doll after revisiting the shop in "The Gingi"?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Bombs them.
(c) Buries them.
(d) Drowns them.
3. What did the grandfather do with the monster he had haunting him in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) Threw water on it.
(b) Confronted it.
(c) Burned it.
(d) Ran from it.
4. Where does Leddy take the words her son speaks to have them translated in "Boo Mama"?
(a) A police station.
(b) A church.
(c) A university.
(d) A hospital.
5. What does Laura's daughter insist the statue is in "The Gingi"?
(a) From God.
6. What does the shopkeeper tell Laura the statue draws to it in "The Gingi"?
7. How many years pass before Ray becomes a bus driver on Grady's former route in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 18 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 28 years.
8. How old is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
9. What were the names of Patricia McKissack's parents?
(a) Jefferson and Roberta Williams.
(b) Matthew and Chloe Reynolds.
(c) Thomas and Edna McKissack.
(d) Robert and Erma Carwell.
10. Of what society is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster" a founding member?
(a) Feral Dog Admiration Society.
(b) Mummy Society of Americrats.
(c) Monster Watchers of America.
(d) ESP Workers Union.
11. Where does the neighboring girl hide during a game of hide-and-seek in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) The woods.
(b) The barn.
(c) The chicken coop.
(d) The attic.
12. How is Josie's conjured brother described in "The Conjure Brother"?
13. How did the woman die in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Hit by a car.
(b) Froze to death.
(c) An icicle fell on her.
(d) Heart attack.
14. When was Robert Kennedy assassinated?
15. The shopkeeper tells Laura of what spirits, and the evil anger they wish to inflict others with, in "The Gingi"?
(a) The Dabobo women.
(b) The Maniqua women.
(c) The Congolese men.
(d) The Haitian elders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Grady's last name in "The Woman in the Snow"?
2. What does Josie's mother announce the day after Josie's second visit to the conjure woman in "The Conjure Brother"?
3. What does Josie's conjured brother prevent her from watching in "The Conjure Brother"?
4. What is changed when Josie awakes the next day after her second visit to the conjure woman in "The Conjure Brother"?
5. Where is the protagonist sent to stay for a period of time in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)