|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the conjure woman tell Josie to have with her siblings in "The Conjure Brother"?
2. What does the conjure woman tell Josie she will have soon on Josie's second visit in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A little brother.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A father.
3. What is Grady's last name in "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. Where does the woman from the woods tell Leddy she found her son in "Boo Mama"?
(a) On a boat.
(b) Inside a volcano.
(c) Swimming in the river.
(d) At the bottom of a ledge.
5. When was Robert Kennedy assassinated?
6. What forces Grady to shut down his route in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) A landslide.
(c) A snowstorm.
(d) A tornado.
7. What is the name of the shopkeeper where Laura buys the statue in "The Gingi"?
(a) Mrs. Motangu.
(b) Mrs. Dabodo.
(c) Mrs. Congumu.
(d) Mrs. Aswadi.
8. When is Ray driving when he sees a woman on the side of the road in "The Woman in the Snow"?
9. How much time passes before Grady sees the same woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) A year.
10. Who assassinated Robert Kennedy?
(a) John Wayne Gacy.
(b) James Earl Ray.
(c) John Wilkes Booth.
(d) Sirhan Sirhan.
11. When does the conjure woman tell Josie to go to bed exactly in order for her wish to come true in "The Conjure Brother"?
12. What does Josie want in the beginning of "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) An older sister.
(b) A little sister.
(c) An older brother.
(d) A little brother.
13. How is Josie's conjured brother described in "The Conjure Brother"?
14. What gives the protagonist courage to face the monster in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) Her grandfather's love.
(b) Her father's divorce.
(c) Her mother's letter.
(d) Her dog's heroism.
15. The protagonist's grandfather tells her how he once had a monster where in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In his own chicken-coop.
(c) In the outhouse.
(d) The crawlspace under his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ray drive the woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
2. Patricia McKissack's first book was a biography of what poet?
3. How did the woman die in "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. Why is the protagonist sent away from her parents for a while in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
5. What about Josie's new brother is not in accordance with her wish in "The Conjure Brother"?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)