|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the shopkeeper tell Laura the statue draws to it in "The Gingi"?
2. Who does Josie overhear discussing a new conjure woman in town in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) Her mother and friends.
(b) People at church.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) Her aunt and uncle.
3. How did the woman die in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Froze to death.
(c) Hit by a car.
(d) An icicle fell on her.
4. How old is Leddy's son when she moves to the mountains and leaves behind society in "Boo Mama"?
5. When does the narrative of "The Chicken-Coop Monster" take place?
6. What does the shopkeeper claim the statue is which Laura wants to buy in "The Gingi"?
7. The conjure woman tells Josie she should remember what it feels like to be what on Josie's second visit in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) Second in line.
(b) Competing for attention.
(c) Teased by an older sibling.
(d) On the bottom of the food chain.
8. Where does Laura spot a sculpture which catches her eye in "The Gingi"?
(a) Ebony Treasures.
(b) The Mystery Bazaar.
(c) The Fair of Horrors.
(d) The Mother Africa Shop.
9. What appliance does Laura's husband work to repair in "The Gingi"?
(a) The dryer.
(b) The stove.
(c) The refrigerator.
(d) The dishwasher.
10. What does the conjure woman tell Josie to place under her bed in order to attain her wish in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) A peach tree twig.
(b) A pan of water.
(c) A black stone.
(d) A rose.
11. How many years pass before Ray becomes a bus driver on Grady's former route in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) 18 years.
(b) 28 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 15 years.
12. Where was Robert Kennedy assassinated?
(a) Los Angeles, CA.
(b) Portland, OR.
(c) Phoenix, AZ.
(d) Las Vegas, NV.
13. What gives the protagonist courage to face the monster in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) Her father's divorce.
(b) Her mother's letter.
(c) Her grandfather's love.
(d) Her dog's heroism.
14. How much time passes before Leddy finds her son in "Boo Mama"?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
15. What does Grady do the second time he sees the woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Runs the bus into a tree.
(b) Offers her a ride.
(c) Runs her over.
(d) Turns the bus around.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the woman need a ride to in "The Woman in the Snow"?
2. What threatens to attack Laura's daughter while she plays outside in "The Gingi"?
3. What do the grandparents claim caught the neighboring girl's arm and injured her in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
4. Where does the woman from the woods tell Leddy she found her son in "Boo Mama"?
5. What does Leddy do when the woman emerges from the woods in "Boo Mama"?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)