|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman from the woods say that Leddy's son will become in "Boo Mama"?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A poltergeist.
(c) A sasquatch.
(d) A gollum.
2. What does Laura's daughter insist the statue is in "The Gingi"?
(b) From God.
3. What does Laura do with the statue and doll after revisiting the shop in "The Gingi"?
(a) Drowns them.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Buries them.
(d) Bombs them.
4. Who tells Josie that no one has lived at the conjure woman's address for a long time in the ending of "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) A policeman.
(b) The mail man.
(c) A real estate agent.
(d) A neighbor.
5. What is the name of the brother Josie conjures in "The Conjure Brother"?
6. What is Grady's profession in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Automotive mechanic.
(b) Taxi driver.
(c) Bus driver.
(d) Snow plow driver.
7. When was Robert Kennedy assassinated?
8. What is Leddy doing when her son disappears in "Boo Mama"?
(a) Building a fire.
(c) Hanging the wash.
9. What is the woman clutching on the side of the road in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) A bible.
(b) A baby.
(d) A puppy.
10. Of what society is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster" a founding member?
(a) Feral Dog Admiration Society.
(b) ESP Workers Union.
(c) Monster Watchers of America.
(d) Mummy Society of Americrats.
11. What gives the protagonist courage to face the monster in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) Her grandfather's love.
(b) Her mother's letter.
(c) Her dog's heroism.
(d) Her father's divorce.
12. How old is Laura's daughter in "The Gingi"?
13. Where is the protagonist sent to stay for a period of time in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) Her father's house.
(b) An institution.
(c) Her friend's house.
(d) Her grandparents' house.
14. How many years pass before Ray becomes a bus driver on Grady's former route in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 18 years.
(c) 28 years.
(d) 25 years.
15. Who assassinated Robert Kennedy?
(a) James Earl Ray.
(b) John Wilkes Booth.
(c) John Wayne Gacy.
(d) Sirhan Sirhan.
Short Answer Questions
1. The conjure woman tells Josie she should remember what it feels like to be what on Josie's second visit in "The Conjure Brother"?
2. What does Josie want in the beginning of "The Conjure Brother"?
3. What threatens to attack Laura's daughter while she plays outside in "The Gingi"?
4. Where does Leddy take the words her son speaks to have them translated in "Boo Mama"?
5. Whose chicken coop is plagued by a monster, according to the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)