|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Laura's son extremely allergic to in "The Gingi"?
(b) Dairy products.
2. Who tells Josie that no one has lived at the conjure woman's address for a long time in the ending of "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) The mail man.
(b) A real estate agent.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A neighbor.
3. What does the woman say she does not have in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) A husband.
(b) A midwife.
(c) A baby.
(d) Bus fare.
4. What threatens to attack Laura's daughter while she plays outside in "The Gingi"?
(a) A cat.
(b) A snake.
(c) A bear.
(d) A dog.
5. How old is Laura's daughter in "The Gingi"?
6. What were the names of Patricia McKissack's parents?
(a) Matthew and Chloe Reynolds.
(b) Robert and Erma Carwell.
(c) Thomas and Edna McKissack.
(d) Jefferson and Roberta Williams.
7. What is Grady's last name in "The Woman in the Snow"?
8. Where does Ray drive the woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) The radio station.
(b) The police station.
(d) The hospital.
9. What becomes Laura's daughter's favorite toy in "The Gingi"?
(a) The noose.
(b) The boxcar.
(c) The monkey.
(d) The statue.
10. When was Patricia McKissack born?
11. What is Ray's last name in "The Woman in the Snow"?
12. Where was Patricia McKissack's favorite place to go as a child?
(a) The Modern Museum of Art.
(b) The Nashville Public Museum.
(c) The Nashville Public Library.
(d) Sewannee University.
13. How old is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
14. What does the conjure woman tell Josie to have with her siblings in "The Conjure Brother"?
15. Whose chicken coop is plagued by a monster, according to the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) Her father's.
(b) Her grandmother's.
(c) Her aunt's.
(d) Her neighbor's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josie want in the beginning of "The Conjure Brother"?
2. What happens suddenly while Laura's husband is working on repairing an appliance in "The Gingi"?
3. When was Robert Kennedy assassinated?
4. What is the woman clutching on the side of the road in "The Woman in the Snow"?
5. Who does Josie overhear discussing a new conjure woman in town in "The Conjure Brother"?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)