|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years pass before Ray becomes a bus driver on Grady's former route in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) 18 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 28 years.
(d) 25 years.
2. How is Josie's conjured brother described in "The Conjure Brother"?
3. What becomes Laura's daughter's favorite toy in "The Gingi"?
(a) The boxcar.
(b) The monkey.
(c) The noose.
(d) The statue.
4. When was Patricia McKissack born?
5. What does Leddy do when the woman emerges from the woods in "Boo Mama"?
(a) Yells at her.
(b) Pulls a gun.
(c) Stabs her.
(d) Runs away.
6. What does Laura's daughter insist the statue is in "The Gingi"?
(c) From God.
7. What is the name of the shopkeeper where Laura buys the statue in "The Gingi"?
(a) Mrs. Aswadi.
(b) Mrs. Dabodo.
(c) Mrs. Congumu.
(d) Mrs. Motangu.
8. When does the conjure woman tell Josie to go to bed exactly in order for her wish to come true in "The Conjure Brother"?
9. What happens suddenly while Laura's husband is working on repairing an appliance in "The Gingi"?
(a) It starts to rain.
(b) The lights go out.
(c) The power comes on.
(d) An earthquake hits.
10. How did the woman die in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) An icicle fell on her.
(b) Hit by a car.
(c) Froze to death.
(d) Heart attack.
11. Who tells Josie that no one has lived at the conjure woman's address for a long time in the ending of "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) The mail man.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A real estate agent.
(d) A neighbor.
12. What does the woman from the woods say she gave Leddy's son to save his life in "Boo Mama"?
(b) Her blood.
(c) Bone marrow.
13. What does the woman say she does not have in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Bus fare.
(b) A baby.
(c) A husband.
(d) A midwife.
14. When was Martin Luther King, Jr. assassinated?
15. What is Grady's last name in "The Woman in the Snow"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josie get in trouble for having her friends do in "The Conjure Brother"?
2. What does Josie want in the beginning of "The Conjure Brother"?
3. How old is Laura's daughter in "The Gingi"?
4. Of what society is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster" a founding member?
5. What is the woman clutching on the side of the road in "The Woman in the Snow"?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)