Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens suddenly while Laura's husband is working on repairing an appliance in "The Gingi"?
(a) It starts to rain.
(b) The lights go out.
(c) An earthquake hits.
(d) The power comes on.
2. When Josie returns to the conjure woman, the conjure woman suggests different ways to do what in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) Punish Adam.
(b) Avoid Adam.
(c) Get rid of Adam.
(d) Make peace with Adam.
3. How many years pass before Ray becomes a bus driver on Grady's former route in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 18 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 28 years.
4. What threatens to attack Laura's daughter while she plays outside in "The Gingi"?
(a) A cat.
(b) A snake.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bear.
5. Why does the woman need a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) She is about to give birth.
(b) Her baby is sick.
(c) The snow is too deep to walk in.
(d) Her car broke down.
6. When is Ray driving when he sees a woman on the side of the road in "The Woman in the Snow"?
7. What does the doll look like, which the shopkeeper insists Laura take along with the statue, in "The Gingi"?
(a) A bird.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A fish.
8. Who tells Josie that no one has lived at the conjure woman's address for a long time in the ending of "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A real estate agent.
(d) The mail man.
9. What is Grady's profession in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Bus driver.
(b) Automotive mechanic.
(c) Snow plow driver.
(d) Taxi driver.
10. What does the conjure woman tell Josie she will have soon on Josie's second visit in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A little brother.
(d) A father.
11. When was Patricia McKissack born?
12. What time does Josie fall asleep after doing the ritual the conjure woman suggested in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) 10:30 p.m.
(b) 12:30 a.m.
(c) 11:00 p.m.
(d) 10:00 p.m.
13. What does the woman say she does not have in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) A husband.
(b) A baby.
(c) A midwife.
(d) Bus fare.
14. Patricia McKissack's first book was a biography of what poet?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) e.e. cummings.
(c) Paul Lawrence Dunbar.
(d) Edgar Allan Poe.
15. What does Leddy discover on her son's spine and hands in "Boo Mama"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes before Grady sees the same woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
2. Where is the protagonist sent to stay for a period of time in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
3. What does Leddy do when the woman emerges from the woods in "Boo Mama"?
4. Where does Leddy decide to move when she drops out of society in "Boo Mama"?
5. How much time passes before Leddy finds her son in "Boo Mama"?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)