|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the shopkeeper claim the statue is which Laura wants to buy in "The Gingi"?
2. How old is Leddy's son when she moves to the mountains and leaves behind society in "Boo Mama"?
3. Why does the woman need a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) The snow is too deep to walk in.
(b) Her car broke down.
(c) She is about to give birth.
(d) Her baby is sick.
4. What does Laura's daughter insist the statue is in "The Gingi"?
(d) From God.
5. What forces Grady to shut down his route in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) A snowstorm.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) A landslide.
6. What does the conjure woman tell Josie to place under her bed in order to attain her wish in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) A pan of water.
(b) A rose.
(c) A black stone.
(d) A peach tree twig.
7. Where does the woman say her husband is in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) At work.
(b) In bed sleeping.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) Out of town.
8. What does the woman from the woods say she gave Leddy's son to save his life in "Boo Mama"?
(b) Bone marrow.
(d) Her blood.
9. Where does the woman need a ride to in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Her mothers house.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The hospital.
10. What is changed when Josie awakes the next day after her second visit to the conjure woman in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) She has an older brother.
(b) She has a little sister.
(c) She has an older sister.
(d) Adam is gone.
11. What does the conjure woman tell Josie she will have soon on Josie's second visit in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A little brother.
(c) A father.
(d) A puppy.
12. What does Josie's mother announce the day after Josie's second visit to the conjure woman in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) Adam died.
(b) She's having a baby.
(c) They are moving.
(d) School is starting soon.
13. How old is Laura's daughter in "The Gingi"?
14. What does Josie get in trouble for having her friends do in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) Beat Adam up.
(b) Tie Adam to a tree.
(c) Make fun of Adam.
(d) Frighten Adam.
15. Who does Josie overhear discussing a new conjure woman in town in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) Her mother and friends.
(c) Her aunt and uncle.
(d) People at church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appliance does Laura's husband work to repair in "The Gingi"?
2. What is Ray's last name in "The Woman in the Snow"?
3. What is the woman covered with who emerges from the woods in "Boo Mama"?
4. What gives the protagonist courage to face the monster in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
5. Patricia McKissack's first book was a biography of what poet?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)