|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the shopkeeper tell Laura the statue draws to it in "The Gingi"?
2. What is the name of the brother Josie conjures in "The Conjure Brother"?
3. How did the woman die in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Hit by a car.
(b) An icicle fell on her.
(c) Froze to death.
(d) Heart attack.
4. Where does Ray drive the woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) The hospital.
(c) The radio station.
(d) The police station.
5. The conjure woman tells Josie she should remember what it feels like to be what on Josie's second visit in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) Competing for attention.
(b) Second in line.
(c) On the bottom of the food chain.
(d) Teased by an older sibling.
6. How old is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
7. What about Josie's new brother is not in accordance with her wish in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) He is older.
(b) He is shy.
(c) He is younger.
(d) He is a dog.
8. What does the conjure woman tell Josie she will have soon on Josie's second visit in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A little brother.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A father.
9. When was Martin Luther King, Jr. assassinated?
10. What forces Grady to shut down his route in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) A landslide.
(b) A thunderstorm.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A snowstorm.
11. What does Josie get in trouble for having her friends do in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) Tie Adam to a tree.
(b) Frighten Adam.
(c) Make fun of Adam.
(d) Beat Adam up.
12. Where is Patricia McKissack from?
13. How is the sculpture described which Laura purchases in "The Gingi"?
14. Where does the neighboring girl hide during a game of hide-and-seek in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) The chicken coop.
(b) The barn.
(c) The attic.
(d) The woods.
15. Whose chicken coop is plagued by a monster, according to the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) Her aunt's.
(b) Her grandmother's.
(c) Her neighbor's.
(d) Her father's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What protects Laura and her daughter from an animal in the yard in "The Gingi"?
2. How many years pass before Ray becomes a bus driver on Grady's former route in "The Woman in the Snow"?
3. Who tells Josie that no one has lived at the conjure woman's address for a long time in the ending of "The Conjure Brother"?
4. What does Josie's conjured brother prevent her from watching in "The Conjure Brother"?
5. Where is the protagonist sent to stay for a period of time in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)