|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the grandparents claim caught the neighboring girl's arm and injured her in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) A monster.
(b) A tree.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A nail.
2. What does the conjure woman tell Josie to have with her siblings in "The Conjure Brother"?
3. Where does the woman from the woods tell Leddy she found her son in "Boo Mama"?
(a) On a boat.
(b) At the bottom of a ledge.
(c) Inside a volcano.
(d) Swimming in the river.
4. When was Robert Kennedy assassinated?
5. What does the woman from the woods say she gave Leddy's son to save his life in "Boo Mama"?
(c) Bone marrow.
(d) Her blood.
6. What does the doll look like, which the shopkeeper insists Laura take along with the statue, in "The Gingi"?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A fish.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A bird.
7. When will Josie's wish come true if she does what the conjure woman says in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) The next morning.
(b) In nine months.
(c) In one year.
(d) In eleven weeks.
8. What does the conjure woman tell Josie she will have soon on Josie's second visit in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) A little brother.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A father.
9. What appliance does Laura's husband work to repair in "The Gingi"?
(a) The stove.
(b) The refrigerator.
(c) The dryer.
(d) The dishwasher.
10. What did the grandfather do with the monster he had haunting him in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) Burned it.
(b) Ran from it.
(c) Confronted it.
(d) Threw water on it.
11. What is the woman clutching on the side of the road in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(b) A baby.
(c) A bible.
(d) A puppy.
12. What threatens to attack Laura's daughter while she plays outside in "The Gingi"?
(a) A snake.
(b) A cat.
(c) A bear.
(d) A dog.
13. Where does the statue sit in Laura's home in "The Gingi"?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The garage.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The living room.
14. When was Martin Luther King, Jr. assassinated?
15. Who assassinated Robert Kennedy?
(a) John Wilkes Booth.
(b) John Wayne Gacy.
(c) James Earl Ray.
(d) Sirhan Sirhan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the neighboring girl hide during a game of hide-and-seek in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
2. Where was Patricia McKissack's favorite place to go as a child?
3. What does Laura do with the statue and doll after revisiting the shop in "The Gingi"?
4. What is Leddy's son's name in "Boo Mama"?
5. Where is the protagonist sent to stay for a period of time in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)