|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leddy take the words her son speaks to have them translated in "Boo Mama"?
(a) A police station.
(b) A university.
(c) A church.
(d) A hospital.
2. What does Josie's mother announce the day after Josie's second visit to the conjure woman in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) Adam died.
(b) They are moving.
(c) She's having a baby.
(d) School is starting soon.
3. What did the grandfather do with the monster he had haunting him in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) Ran from it.
(b) Threw water on it.
(c) Burned it.
(d) Confronted it.
4. When was Robert Kennedy assassinated?
5. Where does the statue sit in Laura's home in "The Gingi"?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The garage.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The living room.
6. What is Ray's last name in "The Woman in the Snow"?
7. What does the conjure woman tell Josie she will have soon on Josie's second visit in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) A father.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A little brother.
(d) A puppy.
8. Why does Grady refuse to give the woman a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) The bus is out of service.
(b) She doesn't have bus fare.
(c) She is black.
(d) The bus is full.
9. What is changed when Josie awakes the next day after her second visit to the conjure woman in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) She has a little sister.
(b) Adam is gone.
(c) She has an older sister.
(d) She has an older brother.
10. Why does the woman need a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Her baby is sick.
(b) The snow is too deep to walk in.
(c) She is about to give birth.
(d) Her car broke down.
11. Patricia McKissack's first book was a biography of what poet?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Robert Frost.
(c) Paul Lawrence Dunbar.
(d) e.e. cummings.
12. When was Patricia McKissack born?
13. What university did Patricia McKissack attend?
(a) The University of Georgia.
(c) Sewannee University.
(d) Rutgers University.
14. Who does Josie overhear discussing a new conjure woman in town in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) Her aunt and uncle.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) Her mother and friends.
(d) People at church.
15. Where does the neighboring girl hide during a game of hide-and-seek in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) The attic.
(b) The woods.
(c) The barn.
(d) The chicken coop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives the protagonist courage to face the monster in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
2. What does Grady do the second time he sees the woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
3. What threatens to attack Laura's daughter while she plays outside in "The Gingi"?
4. How old is Laura's daughter in "The Gingi"?
5. What is Grady's profession in "The Woman in the Snow"?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)