|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josie's mother announce the day after Josie's second visit to the conjure woman in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) They are moving.
(b) School is starting soon.
(c) Adam died.
(d) She's having a baby.
2. Where does Leddy decide to move when she drops out of society in "Boo Mama"?
(a) Western Texas.
(b) Southern Florida.
(c) Northern Michigan.
(d) Eastern Tennessee.
3. Where does Ray drive the woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The radio station.
(d) The police station.
4. What threatens to attack Laura's daughter while she plays outside in "The Gingi"?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A snake.
(d) A bear.
5. Who tells Josie that no one has lived at the conjure woman's address for a long time in the ending of "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) The mail man.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A real estate agent.
6. Where does Laura spot a sculpture which catches her eye in "The Gingi"?
(a) The Fair of Horrors.
(b) The Mother Africa Shop.
(c) The Mystery Bazaar.
(d) Ebony Treasures.
7. How old is Laura's daughter in "The Gingi"?
8. How old is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
9. What does the woman say she does not have in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) A baby.
(b) A midwife.
(c) Bus fare.
(d) A husband.
10. What does Leddy discover on her son's spine and hands in "Boo Mama"?
11. What had Leddy been before deciding to drop out of society in "Boo Mama"?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A civil rights activist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A politician.
12. Where does the woman from the woods tell Leddy she found her son in "Boo Mama"?
(a) At the bottom of a ledge.
(b) Swimming in the river.
(c) On a boat.
(d) Inside a volcano.
13. What does the conjure woman tell Josie to have with her siblings in "The Conjure Brother"?
14. What is the woman covered with who emerges from the woods in "Boo Mama"?
(c) Gold dust.
15. What happens suddenly while Laura's husband is working on repairing an appliance in "The Gingi"?
(a) An earthquake hits.
(b) The lights go out.
(c) The power comes on.
(d) It starts to rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Patricia McKissack from?
2. What becomes Laura's daughter's favorite toy in "The Gingi"?
3. Where does the statue sit in Laura's home in "The Gingi"?
4. What does the woman from the woods say she gave Leddy's son to save his life in "Boo Mama"?
5. What is Leddy doing when her son disappears in "Boo Mama"?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)