|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman covered with who emerges from the woods in "Boo Mama"?
(b) Gold dust.
2. What does the woman from the woods say that Leddy's son will become in "Boo Mama"?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A gollum.
(c) A poltergeist.
(d) A sasquatch.
3. Where does Leddy decide to move when she drops out of society in "Boo Mama"?
(a) Northern Michigan.
(b) Western Texas.
(c) Southern Florida.
(d) Eastern Tennessee.
4. What does Laura do with the statue and doll after revisiting the shop in "The Gingi"?
(a) Bombs them.
(b) Drowns them.
(c) Burns them.
(d) Buries them.
5. What is Ray's last name in "The Woman in the Snow"?
6. What time does Josie fall asleep after doing the ritual the conjure woman suggested in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) 11:00 p.m.
(b) 12:30 a.m.
(c) 10:30 p.m.
(d) 10:00 p.m.
7. What month is it in the beginning of "The Woman in the Snow"?
8. What threatens to attack Laura's daughter while she plays outside in "The Gingi"?
(a) A snake.
(b) A bear.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
9. What does the shopkeeper claim the statue is which Laura wants to buy in "The Gingi"?
10. When was Robert Kennedy assassinated?
11. Why does Grady refuse to give the woman a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) She doesn't have bus fare.
(b) She is black.
(c) The bus is out of service.
(d) The bus is full.
12. What appliance does Laura's husband work to repair in "The Gingi"?
(a) The dryer.
(b) The stove.
(c) The dishwasher.
(d) The refrigerator.
13. What does the woman from the woods say she gave Leddy's son to save his life in "Boo Mama"?
(b) Bone marrow.
(d) Her blood.
14. When is Ray driving when he sees a woman on the side of the road in "The Woman in the Snow"?
15. What does Josie's conjured brother prevent her from watching in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) Her favorite movie.
(b) A baseball game.
(c) Her favorite T.V. show.
(d) Her mother's coronation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Laura's son extremely allergic to in "The Gingi"?
2. Patricia McKissack's first book was a biography of what poet?
3. Where does Laura spot a sculpture which catches her eye in "The Gingi"?
4. What university did Patricia McKissack attend?
5. What is Leddy doing when her son disappears in "Boo Mama"?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)