|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman say she does not have in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Bus fare.
(b) A baby.
(c) A midwife.
(d) A husband.
2. How old is Laura's daughter in "The Gingi"?
3. What is Ray's last name in "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. Why is the protagonist sent away from her parents for a while in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) They are getting divorced.
(b) They are having a baby.
(c) Her father is in the hospital.
(d) They are on trial for murder.
5. How old is Leddy's son when she moves to the mountains and leaves behind society in "Boo Mama"?
6. When does the conjure woman tell Josie to go to bed exactly in order for her wish to come true in "The Conjure Brother"?
7. The protagonist's grandfather tells her how he once had a monster where in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) In the outhouse.
(b) In the attic.
(c) The crawlspace under his house.
(d) In his own chicken-coop.
8. The conjure woman tells Josie she should remember what it feels like to be what on Josie's second visit in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) Teased by an older sibling.
(b) On the bottom of the food chain.
(c) Competing for attention.
(d) Second in line.
9. How much time passes before Grady sees the same woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) A year.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 4 years.
10. Patricia McKissack's first book was a biography of what poet?
(a) e.e. cummings.
(b) Robert Frost.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Paul Lawrence Dunbar.
11. What were the names of Patricia McKissack's parents?
(a) Robert and Erma Carwell.
(b) Thomas and Edna McKissack.
(c) Jefferson and Roberta Williams.
(d) Matthew and Chloe Reynolds.
12. Where does the neighboring girl hide during a game of hide-and-seek in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) The chicken coop.
(b) The woods.
(c) The barn.
(d) The attic.
13. What does Grady do the second time he sees the woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Offers her a ride.
(b) Runs the bus into a tree.
(c) Turns the bus around.
(d) Runs her over.
14. What is Leddy's son's name in "Boo Mama"?
15. What does Leddy discover on her son's spine and hands in "Boo Mama"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Patricia McKissack from?
2. What does Leddy do when the woman emerges from the woods in "Boo Mama"?
3. When will Josie's wish come true if she does what the conjure woman says in "The Conjure Brother"?
4. What does Laura do with the statue and doll after revisiting the shop in "The Gingi"?
5. What does Grady tell the woman when he opens the door in "The Woman in the Snow"?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)