|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens suddenly while Laura's husband is working on repairing an appliance in "The Gingi"?
(a) An earthquake hits.
(b) The power comes on.
(c) The lights go out.
(d) It starts to rain.
2. What does the shopkeeper tell Laura the statue draws to it in "The Gingi"?
3. Where does Leddy decide to move when she drops out of society in "Boo Mama"?
(a) Northern Michigan.
(b) Eastern Tennessee.
(c) Southern Florida.
(d) Western Texas.
4. What becomes possessed with the spirit of a gingi in "The Gingi"?
(a) The monkey.
(b) The dog.
(d) The cat.
5. Where was Robert Kennedy assassinated?
(a) Phoenix, AZ.
(b) Las Vegas, NV.
(c) Portland, OR.
(d) Los Angeles, CA.
6. What university did Patricia McKissack attend?
(a) Sewannee University.
(b) The University of Georgia.
(d) Rutgers University.
7. How old is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
8. What does Josie want in the beginning of "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) A little sister.
(b) A little brother.
(c) An older sister.
(d) An older brother.
9. What does Josie get in trouble for having her friends do in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) Beat Adam up.
(b) Make fun of Adam.
(c) Frighten Adam.
(d) Tie Adam to a tree.
10. When is Ray driving when he sees a woman on the side of the road in "The Woman in the Snow"?
11. What is Leddy doing when her son disappears in "Boo Mama"?
(c) Hanging the wash.
(d) Building a fire.
12. What were the names of Patricia McKissack's parents?
(a) Robert and Erma Carwell.
(b) Thomas and Edna McKissack.
(c) Matthew and Chloe Reynolds.
(d) Jefferson and Roberta Williams.
13. What about Josie's new brother is not in accordance with her wish in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) He is older.
(b) He is shy.
(c) He is younger.
(d) He is a dog.
14. What is the woman covered with who emerges from the woods in "Boo Mama"?
(a) Gold dust.
15. What forces Grady to shut down his route in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) A landslide.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) A snowstorm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the woman die in "The Woman in the Snow"?
2. What is changed when Josie awakes the next day after her second visit to the conjure woman in "The Conjure Brother"?
3. What does the woman say she does not have in "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. What does Leddy do when the woman emerges from the woods in "Boo Mama"?
5. When was Robert Kennedy assassinated?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)