|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doll look like, which the shopkeeper insists Laura take along with the statue, in "The Gingi"?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A bird.
(d) A fish.
2. What does Josie's conjured brother prevent her from watching in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) Her favorite movie.
(b) Her mother's coronation.
(c) A baseball game.
(d) Her favorite T.V. show.
3. What university did Patricia McKissack attend?
(a) Sewannee University.
(b) The University of Georgia.
(d) Rutgers University.
4. What is the name of Leddy's son's teddy bear in "Boo Mama"?
5. What does the woman say she does not have in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) A baby.
(b) Bus fare.
(c) A husband.
(d) A midwife.
6. What does Laura's daughter insist the statue is in "The Gingi"?
(b) From God.
7. How old is Leddy's son when she moves to the mountains and leaves behind society in "Boo Mama"?
8. What becomes Laura's daughter's favorite toy in "The Gingi"?
(a) The monkey.
(b) The statue.
(c) The boxcar.
(d) The noose.
9. Of what society is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster" a founding member?
(a) ESP Workers Union.
(b) Monster Watchers of America.
(c) Feral Dog Admiration Society.
(d) Mummy Society of Americrats.
10. Where does Leddy take the words her son speaks to have them translated in "Boo Mama"?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A police station.
(c) A church.
(d) A university.
11. Patricia McKissack's first book was a biography of what poet?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) e.e. cummings.
(d) Paul Lawrence Dunbar.
12. What is Leddy doing when her son disappears in "Boo Mama"?
(b) Building a fire.
(d) Hanging the wash.
13. What does Grady do the second time he sees the woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Offers her a ride.
(b) Runs her over.
(c) Runs the bus into a tree.
(d) Turns the bus around.
14. When was Patricia McKissack born?
15. What does the shopkeeper tell Laura the statue draws to it in "The Gingi"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
2. Where is Patricia McKissack from?
3. What does Grady tell the woman when he opens the door in "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. Where does Ray drive the woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
5. What is Leddy's son's name in "Boo Mama"?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)