|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the neighboring girl hide during a game of hide-and-seek in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) The chicken coop.
(b) The woods.
(c) The attic.
(d) The barn.
2. When is Ray driving when he sees a woman on the side of the road in "The Woman in the Snow"?
3. What becomes Laura's daughter's favorite toy in "The Gingi"?
(a) The boxcar.
(b) The statue.
(c) The noose.
(d) The monkey.
4. What did the grandfather do with the monster he had haunting him in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) Threw water on it.
(b) Confronted it.
(c) Burned it.
(d) Ran from it.
5. What does Grady tell the woman when he opens the door in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Get lost.
(c) To go home.
(d) No one rides for free.
6. What time does Josie fall asleep after doing the ritual the conjure woman suggested in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) 11:00 p.m.
(b) 10:30 p.m.
(c) 12:30 a.m.
(d) 10:00 p.m.
7. The protagonist's grandfather tells her how he once had a monster where in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) In the outhouse.
(b) The crawlspace under his house.
(c) In his own chicken-coop.
(d) In the attic.
8. What does the conjure woman tell Josie she will have soon on Josie's second visit in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) A father.
(b) A little brother.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A kitten.
9. What appliance does Laura's husband work to repair in "The Gingi"?
(a) The stove.
(b) The refrigerator.
(c) The dryer.
(d) The dishwasher.
10. Who tells Josie that no one has lived at the conjure woman's address for a long time in the ending of "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) The mail man.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A real estate agent.
(d) A policeman.
11. What is Ray's last name in "The Woman in the Snow"?
12. What is the name of Leddy's son's teddy bear in "Boo Mama"?
13. What is the name of the brother Josie conjures in "The Conjure Brother"?
14. What month is it in the beginning of "The Woman in the Snow"?
15. What does Leddy do when the woman emerges from the woods in "Boo Mama"?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Stabs her.
(c) Yells at her.
(d) Pulls a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is changed when Josie awakes the next day after her second visit to the conjure woman in "The Conjure Brother"?
2. Where is the protagonist sent to stay for a period of time in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
3. When was Patricia McKissack born?
4. Where does Ray drive the woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
5. What had Leddy been before deciding to drop out of society in "Boo Mama"?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)