|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the grandfather do with the monster he had haunting him in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) Burned it.
(b) Confronted it.
(c) Threw water on it.
(d) Ran from it.
2. Where does Leddy decide to move when she drops out of society in "Boo Mama"?
(a) Eastern Tennessee.
(b) Southern Florida.
(c) Western Texas.
(d) Northern Michigan.
3. What becomes possessed with the spirit of a gingi in "The Gingi"?
(a) The dog.
(c) The monkey.
(d) The cat.
4. What appliance does Laura's husband work to repair in "The Gingi"?
(a) The refrigerator.
(b) The stove.
(c) The dishwasher.
(d) The dryer.
5. How did the woman die in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Hit by a car.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Froze to death.
(d) An icicle fell on her.
6. What time does Josie fall asleep after doing the ritual the conjure woman suggested in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) 12:30 a.m.
(b) 10:30 p.m.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 11:00 p.m.
7. Where was Robert Kennedy assassinated?
(a) Las Vegas, NV.
(b) Portland, OR.
(c) Los Angeles, CA.
(d) Phoenix, AZ.
8. Who tells Josie that no one has lived at the conjure woman's address for a long time in the ending of "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A policeman.
(c) The mail man.
(d) A real estate agent.
9. What becomes Laura's daughter's favorite toy in "The Gingi"?
(a) The boxcar.
(b) The monkey.
(c) The noose.
(d) The statue.
10. What protects Laura and her daughter from an animal in the yard in "The Gingi"?
(a) A cat.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A bird.
(d) A dog.
11. What does Laura's daughter insist the statue is in "The Gingi"?
(d) From God.
12. When is Ray driving when he sees a woman on the side of the road in "The Woman in the Snow"?
13. How old is Leddy's son when she moves to the mountains and leaves behind society in "Boo Mama"?
14. Where does the woman need a ride to in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) The grocery store.
(c) Her mothers house.
(d) The hospital.
15. What does the conjure woman tell Josie to have with her siblings in "The Conjure Brother"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman say she does not have in "The Woman in the Snow"?
2. Why does the woman need a ride in "The Woman in the Snow"?
3. How many years pass before Ray becomes a bus driver on Grady's former route in "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. When was Martin Luther King, Jr. assassinated?
5. How old is Laura's daughter in "The Gingi"?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)