|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the brother Josie conjures in "The Conjure Brother"?
2. What is the name of Leddy's son's teddy bear in "Boo Mama"?
3. Where does the neighboring girl hide during a game of hide-and-seek in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) The woods.
(b) The attic.
(c) The barn.
(d) The chicken coop.
4. The shopkeeper tells Laura of what spirits, and the evil anger they wish to inflict others with, in "The Gingi"?
(a) The Haitian elders.
(b) The Maniqua women.
(c) The Congolese men.
(d) The Dabobo women.
5. What is the woman covered with who emerges from the woods in "Boo Mama"?
(d) Gold dust.
6. How did the woman die in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Froze to death.
(b) An icicle fell on her.
(c) Hit by a car.
(d) Heart attack.
7. How much time passes before Grady sees the same woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) 4 years.
(b) A year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 7 years.
8. What had Leddy been before deciding to drop out of society in "Boo Mama"?
(a) A civil rights activist.
(b) A politician.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A doctor.
9. The conjure woman tells Josie she should remember what it feels like to be what on Josie's second visit in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) Teased by an older sibling.
(b) Competing for attention.
(c) On the bottom of the food chain.
(d) Second in line.
10. What is Grady's last name in "The Woman in the Snow"?
11. What were the names of Patricia McKissack's parents?
(a) Jefferson and Roberta Williams.
(b) Matthew and Chloe Reynolds.
(c) Robert and Erma Carwell.
(d) Thomas and Edna McKissack.
12. Where was Robert Kennedy assassinated?
(a) Phoenix, AZ.
(b) Portland, OR.
(c) Las Vegas, NV.
(d) Los Angeles, CA.
13. What does the doll look like, which the shopkeeper insists Laura take along with the statue, in "The Gingi"?
(a) A fish.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A bird.
14. Where is the protagonist sent to stay for a period of time in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) Her friend's house.
(b) An institution.
(c) Her father's house.
(d) Her grandparents' house.
15. Where does Ray drive the woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) The police station.
(c) The radio station.
(d) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the conjure woman tell Josie to have with her siblings in "The Conjure Brother"?
2. What is changed when Josie awakes the next day after her second visit to the conjure woman in "The Conjure Brother"?
3. When is Ray driving when he sees a woman on the side of the road in "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. What does the conjure woman tell Josie she will have soon on Josie's second visit in "The Conjure Brother"?
5. What is Grady's profession in "The Woman in the Snow"?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)