|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The shopkeeper tells Laura of what spirits, and the evil anger they wish to inflict others with, in "The Gingi"?
(a) The Congolese men.
(b) The Dabobo women.
(c) The Maniqua women.
(d) The Haitian elders.
2. Why is the protagonist sent away from her parents for a while in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) Her father is in the hospital.
(b) They are on trial for murder.
(c) They are having a baby.
(d) They are getting divorced.
3. Where does the woman say her husband is in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) Out of town.
(c) In bed sleeping.
(d) At work.
4. What does the doll look like, which the shopkeeper insists Laura take along with the statue, in "The Gingi"?
(a) A bird.
(b) A fish.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A monkey.
5. How did the woman die in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Hit by a car.
(b) An icicle fell on her.
(c) Froze to death.
(d) Heart attack.
6. What is Leddy doing when her son disappears in "Boo Mama"?
(a) Building a fire.
(b) Hanging the wash.
7. How much time passes before Leddy finds her son in "Boo Mama"?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 years.
8. What does the shopkeeper claim the statue is which Laura wants to buy in "The Gingi"?
9. Where does Ray drive the woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) The police station.
(b) The radio station.
(c) The hospital.
10. How old is the protagonist in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
11. What forces Grady to shut down his route in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A snowstorm.
(c) A landslide.
(d) A thunderstorm.
12. How old is Laura's daughter in "The Gingi"?
13. What is the name of the shopkeeper where Laura buys the statue in "The Gingi"?
(a) Mrs. Dabodo.
(b) Mrs. Aswadi.
(c) Mrs. Congumu.
(d) Mrs. Motangu.
14. Where does the woman from the woods tell Leddy she found her son in "Boo Mama"?
(a) Inside a volcano.
(b) At the bottom of a ledge.
(c) Swimming in the river.
(d) On a boat.
15. What does Laura do with the statue and doll after revisiting the shop in "The Gingi"?
(a) Drowns them.
(b) Buries them.
(c) Bombs them.
(d) Burns them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Laura's son extremely allergic to in "The Gingi"?
2. What month is it in the beginning of "The Woman in the Snow"?
3. What is the name of Leddy's son's teddy bear in "Boo Mama"?
4. What about Josie's new brother is not in accordance with her wish in "The Conjure Brother"?
5. What does Josie get in trouble for having her friends do in "The Conjure Brother"?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)