|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the grandfather do with the monster he had haunting him in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) Confronted it.
(b) Burned it.
(c) Threw water on it.
(d) Ran from it.
2. What gives the protagonist courage to face the monster in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) Her grandfather's love.
(b) Her dog's heroism.
(c) Her mother's letter.
(d) Her father's divorce.
3. When is Ray driving when he sees a woman on the side of the road in "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. What do the grandparents claim caught the neighboring girl's arm and injured her in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A tree.
(c) A monster.
(d) A nail.
5. Where is the protagonist sent to stay for a period of time in "The Chicken-Coop Monster"?
(a) Her father's house.
(b) Her friend's house.
(c) Her grandparents' house.
(d) An institution.
6. What does the woman say she does not have in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) A baby.
(b) Bus fare.
(c) A midwife.
(d) A husband.
7. When was Robert Kennedy assassinated?
8. What is changed when Josie awakes the next day after her second visit to the conjure woman in "The Conjure Brother"?
(a) Adam is gone.
(b) She has an older sister.
(c) She has an older brother.
(d) She has a little sister.
9. What does the woman from the woods say that Leddy's son will become in "Boo Mama"?
(a) A sasquatch.
(b) A gollum.
(c) A poltergeist.
(d) A vampire.
10. Where does Ray drive the woman in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) The radio station.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The police station.
11. What is the name of the shopkeeper where Laura buys the statue in "The Gingi"?
(a) Mrs. Aswadi.
(b) Mrs. Motangu.
(c) Mrs. Congumu.
(d) Mrs. Dabodo.
12. How did the woman die in "The Woman in the Snow"?
(a) Hit by a car.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) An icicle fell on her.
(d) Froze to death.
13. When was Martin Luther King, Jr. assassinated?
14. What appliance does Laura's husband work to repair in "The Gingi"?
(a) The refrigerator.
(b) The dishwasher.
(c) The stove.
(d) The dryer.
15. What does Laura's daughter insist the statue is in "The Gingi"?
(c) From God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leddy do when the woman emerges from the woods in "Boo Mama"?
2. What is Ray's last name in "The Woman in the Snow"?
3. What month is it in the beginning of "The Woman in the Snow"?
4. What is the protagonist of "The Chicken-Coop Monster" given to raise?
5. When Josie returns to the conjure woman, the conjure woman suggests different ways to do what in "The Conjure Brother"?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)