|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Esau send his wife and children after he begins having nightmares in "The Sight"?
(a) His mother's house.
(b) To a hotel.
(c) To the car.
(d) To an apartment.
2. Where was Henri's mother from in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) New Orleans.
3. Who organized the union of workers associated with the Pullman Palace Car Company?
(a) G. Matthew Stevens.
(b) A. Philip Randolph.
(c) R. Douglas McIntosh.
(d) M. Robert Hutchings.
4. Whose mother died the day he was born in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
5. Where does Lester lock himself in "The 11:59"?
(a) A train car.
(b) The porter house.
(c) His apartment.
(d) The station house.
6. From what job position did Lester retire in "The 11:59"?
(a) Pullman porter.
(c) Coal shoveler.
7. What does Hoop begin having a few days after the death of Alvin Tinsley in "Justice"?
(a) Sneezing fits.
(c) Religious visions.
8. How does Esau injure himself in "The Sight"?
(a) He breaks his neck.
(b) He runs a truck off the road.
(c) He cuts himself with a dagger.
(d) He breaks his arm falling.
9. In what Classical work is the mythological Ajax notable for his abundant strength and courage, seen particularly in two fights with Hector?
(a) The Homeric Hymns.
(b) The Odyssey
(c) The Iliad.
(d) The Birds.
10. Why does Esau's psychic ability leave him in "The Sight"?
(a) He misuses it.
(b) He sells his soul to the devil.
(c) He goes blind.
(d) His mother dies.
11. Who received ownership of Pin Oak Plantation after his father died?
(a) Harper McAvoy.
(d) Amos McAvoy.
12. Who was Henri's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Amos McAvoy.
(b) Henri Harper Sr.
(c) Henri McAvoy Sr.
(d) Harper McAvoy.
13. Into what river does Harper watch his brother leap to his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Topps River.
(b) Fall River.
(c) Green River.
(d) Snake River.
14. What refers to a person who professes an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception?
15. Henri's mother was what in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) A plantation owner.
(b) A white woman.
(c) Native American.
(d) A freed slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the fire in "The Sight"?
2. What does Esau begin having nightmares about in "The Sight"?
3. Who researches the story of Henri several decades after his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
4. Who turns himself in for the murder of the richest man in town in "Justice"?
5. How does Harper die in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)