|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the AFL refer to?
(a) American Football League.
(b) American Federation of Labor.
(c) Anybody Famous Loungecar.
(d) After Five Line.
2. Where does Esau announce that he could not be happier in his life in "The Sight"?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A wedding.
(c) At church.
(d) A football game.
3. Why does Esau's psychic ability leave him in "The Sight"?
(a) His mother dies.
(b) He sells his soul to the devil.
(c) He goes blind.
(d) He misuses it.
4. Where is the slave from which the plantation owner offends in "We Organized"?
(a) South Africa.
(b) The Congo.
5. What does Ajax refuse to knock from a tree in "We Organized"?
(a) A walnut.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A wasp nest.
(d) An apple.
6. Where does Lester often go to regale stories of the past in "The 11:59"?
(a) The caboose.
(b) The locomotive.
(c) His church.
(d) The porter house.
7. In what town did the Pullman Strike begin?
(a) Pullman, North Dakota.
(b) Pullman, New York.
(c) Pullman, Illinois.
(d) Pullman, Texas.
8. What item do the slaves take off the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
(a) A button.
(b) A patch.
(c) A pin.
(d) A string.
9. The mayor in "Justice" announces that Alvin Tinsley died how?
(a) By hanging himself.
(b) By falling into the river.
(c) In a tractor accident.
(d) By shooting himself.
10. The plantation owner in "We Organized" is described as being what?
11. Who wants Ajax to prove his abilities by knocking something from a tree in "We Organized"?
(a) The plantation owner.
(b) A fellow slave.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
12. What does Esau's mother believe Esau should do with his psychic abilities in "The Sight"?
(a) Hide them.
(b) Repent for them.
(c) Share them with her.
(d) Use them for profit.
13. Henri's mother was what in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) A plantation owner.
(b) A white woman.
(c) A freed slave.
(d) Native American.
14. How does Esau injure himself in "The Sight"?
(a) He breaks his neck.
(b) He breaks his arm falling.
(c) He cuts himself with a dagger.
(d) He runs a truck off the road.
15. Who was Esau's father in the Hebrew Bible?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the richest man in town in "Justice"?
2. When did George Pullman establish his company?
3. Who does Harper announce he is planning to sell in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
4. What refers to a thin, filmy membrane that can cover a newborn's head and face immediately after birth?
5. What refers to a person who professes an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)