|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Alvin Tinsley killed in "Justice"?
(a) He is hung.
(b) He is stabbed.
(c) He is given lethal injection.
(d) He is shot.
2. Who attempted to take away the gas station in order to fulfill a debt in "Justice"?
(a) Alvin Tinsley.
(b) Hoop Holt.
(c) Hoop Granger.
(d) Riley Holt.
3. When the police go to inspect the gas station in "Justice," what happens?
(a) It's locked.
(b) It goes up in flames.
(c) They find a body.
(d) They crash into the pump.
4. How many employees of the Pullman Palace Car Company began a wildcat strike in response to recent reductions in wages, which led to the Pullman Strike?
5. Whose mother died the day he was born in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
6. How did Lester die in "The 11:59"?
(a) Hit by a train.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Fell down a flight of stairs.
7. How does Harper die in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) He gets stabbed.
(b) He falls into the river.
(c) He gets struck by lightning.
(d) He gets kicked by a horse.
8. Where does Esau send his wife and children after he begins having nightmares in "The Sight"?
(a) His mother's house.
(b) To a hotel.
(c) To an apartment.
(d) To the car.
9. Who wants Ajax to prove his abilities by knocking something from a tree in "We Organized"?
(a) The plantation owner.
(b) A fellow slave.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
10. Who does Harper announce he is planning to sell in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
11. When Harper realizes he cannot sell his brother, who does he decide to sell to the slave dealers instead in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Henri's daughter.
(b) Henri's wife.
(c) Henri's son and wife.
(d) Henri's daughter and wife.
12. "We Organized" is based on the oral histories documented in the Slave Narratives from when?
(a) The 1940s.
(b) The 1920s.
(c) The 1930s.
(d) The 1950s.
13. Who owns the gas station in town in "Justice"?
(a) Alvin Tinsley.
(b) Riley Holt.
(c) Riley Granger.
(d) Hoop Granger.
14. Where was Henri's mother from in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) New Orleans.
15. When did the Pullman Strike take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the AFL refer to?
2. Who is the richest man in town in "Justice"?
3. The labor union associated with the Pullman Palace Car Company was the first to be led by what?
4. Into what river does Harper watch his brother leap to his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
5. What flies up from the river after Henri is seen disappearing into it with his family in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)