|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Esau's father exploits his son's psychic abilities where in "The Sight"?
(a) A cock fight.
(b) The racetrack.
(c) A dog fight.
(d) The casino.
2. Who received ownership of Pin Oak Plantation after his father died?
(c) Harper McAvoy.
(d) Amos McAvoy.
3. The labor union associated with the Pullman Palace Car Company was the first to be led by what?
(b) African Americans.
4. Who is a local black veterinarian in "Justice"?
(a) Hoop Granger.
(b) Riley Holt.
(c) Riley Granger.
(d) Alvin Tinsley.
5. When did the Pullman Strike take place?
6. In what Classical work is the mythological Ajax notable for his abundant strength and courage, seen particularly in two fights with Hector?
(a) The Iliad.
(b) The Odyssey
(c) The Homeric Hymns.
(d) The Birds.
7. Who was Esau's fraternal twin brother in the Hebrew Bible?
8. What does the slave owner do with his slaves in the ending of "We Organized"?
(a) Sells them.
(b) Makes them work harder.
(c) Frees them.
(d) Beats them.
9. Where does Esau send his wife and children after he begins having nightmares in "The Sight"?
(a) His mother's house.
(b) To the car.
(c) To an apartment.
(d) To a hotel.
10. Which of the following is true of Henri's wife in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) She is white.
(b) She was born in New Orleans.
(c) She is a slave.
(d) She is a freed slave.
11. What item do the slaves take off the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
(a) A patch.
(b) A string.
(c) A button.
(d) A pin.
12. What train feature was George Pullman credited with originating?
(a) Coal engine.
(b) Steam engine.
(c) Sleeping car.
(d) Dining car.
13. What begins to show etchings of Hoop's crimes in "Justice"?
(a) A wood plank.
(b) The shop windows.
(c) A wall.
(d) A mirror.
14. The plantation owner in "We Organized" is described as being what?
15. What title does Henri hold at the Pin Oak Plantation?
(a) Night Watchman.
(b) Head Botanist.
(c) Assistant Manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants Ajax to prove his abilities by knocking something from a tree in "We Organized"?
2. When did the first organization of the Ku Klux Klan flourish in the American South?
3. What does the KKK try Alvin Tinsley for in "Justice"?
4. Esau warns his father that the men from whom he borrowed money intend to do what in "The Sight"?
5. Who was Harper's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)