|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who researches the story of Henri several decades after his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Cherry Hill.
(b) Pine Knoll.
(c) Oak Knoll.
(d) Olive Hill.
2. What does the AFL refer to?
(a) American Football League.
(b) After Five Line.
(c) American Federation of Labor.
(d) Anybody Famous Loungecar.
3. Henri's mother was what in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Native American.
(b) A white woman.
(c) A plantation owner.
(d) A freed slave.
4. What refers to a thin, filmy membrane that can cover a newborn's head and face immediately after birth?
5. What does Esau begin having nightmares about in "The Sight"?
(c) A fire.
(d) A dead relative.
6. What title does Henri hold at the Pin Oak Plantation?
(a) Night Watchman.
(b) Head Botanist.
(c) Assistant Manager.
7. Into what river does Harper watch his brother leap to his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Topps River.
(b) Fall River.
(c) Snake River.
(d) Green River.
8. What position were black employees of the Pullman Palace Car Company not eligible for promotion as it was reserved for whites?
9. Who wants Ajax to prove his abilities by knocking something from a tree in "We Organized"?
(a) A fellow slave.
(b) The plantation owner.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
10. Why does Esau's psychic ability leave him in "The Sight"?
(a) He goes blind.
(b) He sells his soul to the devil.
(c) His mother dies.
(d) He misuses it.
11. Who is a local black veterinarian in "Justice"?
(a) Alvin Tinsley.
(b) Riley Granger.
(c) Hoop Granger.
(d) Riley Holt.
12. What is the name of Henri's wife in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
13. What does the KKK try Alvin Tinsley for in "Justice"?
14. From what job position did Lester retire in "The 11:59"?
(a) Pullman porter.
(b) Coal shoveler.
15. Where was Henri's mother from in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who beats Esau's father in "The Sight"?
2. Who attempted to take away the gas station in order to fulfill a debt in "Justice"?
3. What item do the slaves take off the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
4. Who was Henri's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
5. When did the first organization of the Ku Klux Klan flourish in the American South?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)