|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Esau's fraternal twin brother in the Hebrew Bible?
2. Who attempted to take away the gas station in order to fulfill a debt in "Justice"?
(a) Alvin Tinsley.
(b) Hoop Holt.
(c) Hoop Granger.
(d) Riley Holt.
3. The third development of the Ku Klux Klan developed just after what?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Vietnam War.
4. Who wants Ajax to prove his abilities by knocking something from a tree in "We Organized"?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) The plantation owner.
(d) A fellow slave.
5. Which of the following is true of Ajax in "We Organized"?
(a) He is a slave.
(b) He is a plantation owner.
(c) He is a circus performer.
(d) He is a god.
6. The mayor in "Justice" announces that Alvin Tinsley died how?
(a) By hanging himself.
(b) In a tractor accident.
(c) By shooting himself.
(d) By falling into the river.
7. To what do the slaves pin an item from the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
(a) A door.
(b) A tree.
(c) A horse.
(d) A doll.
8. Who organized the union of workers associated with the Pullman Palace Car Company?
(a) A. Philip Randolph.
(b) R. Douglas McIntosh.
(c) G. Matthew Stevens.
(d) M. Robert Hutchings.
9. Who received ownership of Pin Oak Plantation after his father died?
(a) Amos McAvoy.
(b) Harper McAvoy.
10. What does Esau begin having nightmares about in "The Sight"?
(a) A dead relative.
(d) A fire.
11. The plantation owner in "We Organized" is described as being what?
12. What short story by Edgar Allan Poe shares a similar subject and theme as "Justice"?
(a) The Raven.
(b) The Fall of the House of Usher.
(c) The Telltale Heart.
(d) The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
13. In what format is "We Organized" written?
14. Henri's mother was what in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) A white woman.
(b) A plantation owner.
(c) A freed slave.
(d) Native American.
15. Who turns himself in for the murder of the richest man in town in "Justice"?
(a) Riley Granger.
(b) Hoop Granger.
(c) Riley Holt.
(d) Alvin Tinsley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the KKK try Alvin Tinsley for in "Justice"?
2. Who was Henri's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
3. When did the second development of the Ku Klux Klan flourish nationwide in the U.S.?
4. Esau warns his father that the men from whom he borrowed money intend to do what in "The Sight"?
5. In what Classical work is the mythological Ajax notable for his abundant strength and courage, seen particularly in two fights with Hector?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)