|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a person who professes an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception?
2. In what town did the Pullman Strike begin?
(a) Pullman, Texas.
(b) Pullman, North Dakota.
(c) Pullman, New York.
(d) Pullman, Illinois.
3. What is Esau's last name in "The Sight"?
4. Where was Henri's mother from in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) St. Louis.
5. Who beats Esau's father in "The Sight"?
(a) Esau's uncle.
(b) Esau's mother.
(c) Men he owes money to.
(d) The train conductor.
6. Esau warns his father that the men from whom he borrowed money intend to do what in "The Sight"?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Be his friend.
(d) Hurt him.
7. The third development of the Ku Klux Klan developed just after what?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
8. Who owns the gas station in town in "Justice"?
(a) Hoop Granger.
(b) Riley Holt.
(c) Alvin Tinsley.
(d) Riley Granger.
9. Into what river does Harper watch his brother leap to his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Fall River.
(b) Green River.
(c) Topps River.
(d) Snake River.
10. How did Lester die in "The 11:59"?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Fell down a flight of stairs.
(c) Hit by a train.
11. How many employees of the Pullman Palace Car Company began a wildcat strike in response to recent reductions in wages, which led to the Pullman Strike?
12. From what do the slaves hang an item from the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
(a) A tree.
(b) A lamp post.
(c) A ladder.
(d) The plantation owner's house.
13. How many children does Henri have in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
14. Where does Lester lock himself in "The 11:59"?
(a) The porter house.
(b) His apartment.
(c) A train car.
(d) The station house.
15. When had Hoop accused Alvin of killing a cat in "Justice"?
(a) 14 years ago.
(b) 20 years ago.
(c) 8 years ago.
(d) 5 years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Pullman Strike take place?
2. Esau's father exploits his son's psychic abilities where in "The Sight"?
3. Where is the slave from which the plantation owner offends in "We Organized"?
4. What does the KKK try Alvin Tinsley for in "Justice"?
5. What do the slaves do to the item taken from the plantation owner in "We Organized"?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)