|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the fire in "The Sight"?
(b) Electrical wiring.
(c) A candle.
(d) A gas heater.
2. What does Esau begin having nightmares about in "The Sight"?
(b) A fire.
(d) A dead relative.
3. Which of the following is true of Henri's wife in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) She is white.
(b) She is a slave.
(c) She is a freed slave.
(d) She was born in New Orleans.
4. Who was the father of Ajax in Greek mythology?
5. What refers to a person who professes an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception?
6. The third development of the Ku Klux Klan developed just after what?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War I.
7. When did the Pullman Strike take place?
8. When the police go to inspect the gas station in "Justice," what happens?
(a) It's locked.
(b) They crash into the pump.
(c) They find a body.
(d) It goes up in flames.
9. What does Hoop begin having a few days after the death of Alvin Tinsley in "Justice"?
(b) Sneezing fits.
(d) Religious visions.
10. The labor union associated with the Pullman Palace Car Company was the first to be led by what?
(b) African Americans.
11. Who organized the union of workers associated with the Pullman Palace Car Company?
(a) G. Matthew Stevens.
(b) R. Douglas McIntosh.
(c) M. Robert Hutchings.
(d) A. Philip Randolph.
12. What does the slave owner do with his slaves in the ending of "We Organized"?
(a) Frees them.
(b) Sells them.
(c) Makes them work harder.
(d) Beats them.
13. Who received ownership of Pin Oak Plantation after his father died?
(a) Harper McAvoy.
(d) Amos McAvoy.
14. What do the slaves do to the item taken from the plantation owner in "We Organized"?
(a) Throw water on it.
(b) Light it on fire.
(c) Chant to it.
(d) Scream at it.
15. In what town did the Pullman Strike begin?
(a) Pullman, New York.
(b) Pullman, Texas.
(c) Pullman, North Dakota.
(d) Pullman, Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what do the slaves pin an item from the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
2. The mayor in "Justice" announces that Alvin Tinsley died how?
3. The plantation owner in "We Organized" is described as being what?
4. What flies up from the river after Henri is seen disappearing into it with his family in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
5. Into what river does Harper watch his brother leap to his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)