|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon is Ajax particularly good at in "We Organized"?
(a) A bow.
(b) A gun.
(c) A sword.
(d) The whip.
2. In what Classical work is the mythological Ajax notable for his abundant strength and courage, seen particularly in two fights with Hector?
(a) The Birds.
(b) The Odyssey
(c) The Homeric Hymns.
(d) The Iliad.
3. What is the name of the sac in which the fetus develops?
(a) Amniotic sac.
(b) Natal sac.
(c) Baby sac.
(d) Fataliacal sac.
4. How does Esau injure himself in "The Sight"?
(a) He cuts himself with a dagger.
(b) He breaks his arm falling.
(c) He runs a truck off the road.
(d) He breaks his neck.
5. Where does Esau send his wife and children after he begins having nightmares in "The Sight"?
(a) His mother's house.
(b) To an apartment.
(c) To a hotel.
(d) To the car.
6. Who turns himself in for the murder of the richest man in town in "Justice"?
(a) Riley Holt.
(b) Riley Granger.
(c) Alvin Tinsley.
(d) Hoop Granger.
7. In what town did the Pullman Strike begin?
(a) Pullman, Texas.
(b) Pullman, North Dakota.
(c) Pullman, New York.
(d) Pullman, Illinois.
8. Who is the richest man in town in "Justice"?
(a) Hoop Granger.
(b) Riley Granger.
(c) Riley Holt.
(d) Alvin Tinsley.
9. Where does Esau announce that he could not be happier in his life in "The Sight"?
(a) At church.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A football game.
(d) A wedding.
10. What refers to a person who professes an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception?
11. What sound does Lester hear after leaving his friends to head home in "The 11:59"?
(a) A barking dog.
(b) A train whistle.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A car horn.
12. Esau warns his father that the men from whom he borrowed money intend to do what in "The Sight"?
(a) Be his friend.
(b) Forgive him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Hurt him.
13. Who was Harper's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Clarence McAvoy.
(b) Henri McAvoy.
(c) Amos McAvoy.
(d) Harper McAvoy Sr.
14. When did the first organization of the Ku Klux Klan flourish in the American South?
15. What position were black employees of the Pullman Palace Car Company not eligible for promotion as it was reserved for whites?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the former owner of the Pin Oak Plantation?
2. What does Ajax refuse to knock from a tree in "We Organized"?
3. Who was Esau's fraternal twin brother in the Hebrew Bible?
4. Who was Henri's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
5. How did Lester die in "The 11:59"?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)