|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Alvin Tinsley killed in "Justice"?
(a) He is hung.
(b) He is stabbed.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is given lethal injection.
2. What item do the slaves take off the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
(a) A pin.
(b) A patch.
(c) A string.
(d) A button.
3. When did the Pullman Strike take place?
4. What begins to show etchings of Hoop's crimes in "Justice"?
(a) A mirror.
(b) The shop windows.
(c) A wall.
(d) A wood plank.
5. How does Harper die in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) He falls into the river.
(b) He gets stabbed.
(c) He gets kicked by a horse.
(d) He gets struck by lightning.
6. How did Lester die in "The 11:59"?
(a) Fell down a flight of stairs.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Hit by a train.
7. Which of the following is true of Ajax in "We Organized"?
(a) He is a god.
(b) He is a circus performer.
(c) He is a slave.
(d) He is a plantation owner.
8. When did the first organization of the Ku Klux Klan flourish in the American South?
9. What does Esau begin having nightmares about in "The Sight"?
(b) A dead relative.
(c) A fire.
10. Who was Harper's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Henri McAvoy.
(b) Amos McAvoy.
(c) Harper McAvoy Sr.
(d) Clarence McAvoy.
11. In Hebrew, the name Esau means what?
12. What flies up from the river after Henri is seen disappearing into it with his family in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) A moth.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) Three birds.
(d) Two bats.
13. The plantation owner in "We Organized" is described as being what?
14. What title does Henri hold at the Pin Oak Plantation?
(a) Head Botanist.
(b) Assistant Manager.
(c) Night Watchman.
15. Where does a fire take place in "The Sight"?
(a) Esau's neighbor's house.
(b) Esau's mother's house.
(c) Esau's father's house.
(d) Esau's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hoop begin having a few days after the death of Alvin Tinsley in "Justice"?
2. Whose mother died the day he was born in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
3. What does Ajax refuse to knock from a tree in "We Organized"?
4. Who was the father of Ajax in Greek mythology?
5. Where does Esau announce that he could not be happier in his life in "The Sight"?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)