|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what river does Harper watch his brother leap to his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Snake River.
(b) Topps River.
(c) Green River.
(d) Fall River.
2. What is the name of the labor union associated with the Pullman Palace Car Company?
(a) International Brotherhood of Railworkers.
(b) Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters.
(c) International Brotherhood of Hospitality Workers.
(d) Brotherhood of Guest Services Workers.
3. What caused the fire in "The Sight"?
(a) A candle.
(b) A gas heater.
(c) Electrical wiring.
4. From what do the slaves hang an item from the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
(a) The plantation owner's house.
(b) A lamp post.
(c) A tree.
(d) A ladder.
5. What does Esau begin having nightmares about in "The Sight"?
(b) A fire.
(d) A dead relative.
6. What begins to show etchings of Hoop's crimes in "Justice"?
(a) A mirror.
(b) The shop windows.
(c) A wall.
(d) A wood plank.
7. How does Esau injure himself in "The Sight"?
(a) He cuts himself with a dagger.
(b) He breaks his neck.
(c) He breaks his arm falling.
(d) He runs a truck off the road.
8. When Harper realizes he cannot sell his brother, who does he decide to sell to the slave dealers instead in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Henri's daughter and wife.
(b) Henri's daughter.
(c) Henri's son and wife.
(d) Henri's wife.
9. What train feature was George Pullman credited with originating?
(a) Steam engine.
(b) Dining car.
(c) Sleeping car.
(d) Coal engine.
10. What does Esau's mother believe Esau should do with his psychic abilities in "The Sight"?
(a) Share them with her.
(b) Hide them.
(c) Repent for them.
(d) Use them for profit.
11. Who is a local black veterinarian in "Justice"?
(a) Riley Holt.
(b) Riley Granger.
(c) Alvin Tinsley.
(d) Hoop Granger.
12. Why does Esau's psychic ability leave him in "The Sight"?
(a) His mother dies.
(b) He goes blind.
(c) He sells his soul to the devil.
(d) He misuses it.
13. Where was Henri's mother from in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) St. Louis.
14. The labor union associated with the Pullman Palace Car Company was the first to be led by what?
(a) African Americans.
15. When did the second development of the Ku Klux Klan flourish nationwide in the U.S.?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did George Pullman establish his company?
2. How many employees of the Pullman Palace Car Company began a wildcat strike in response to recent reductions in wages, which led to the Pullman Strike?
3. Who was Esau's father in the Hebrew Bible?
4. The slaves in "We Organized" take an item off what piece of the plantation owner's clothing?
5. Where does Lester lock himself in "The 11:59"?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)