|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the first organization of the Ku Klux Klan flourish in the American South?
2. How many employees of the Pullman Palace Car Company began a wildcat strike in response to recent reductions in wages, which led to the Pullman Strike?
3. What title does Henri hold at the Pin Oak Plantation?
(a) Night Watchman.
(b) Assistant Manager.
(d) Head Botanist.
4. What is Esau's last name in "The Sight"?
5. Esau's father exploits his son's psychic abilities where in "The Sight"?
(a) A dog fight.
(b) A cock fight.
(c) The casino.
(d) The racetrack.
6. Where was Henri's mother from in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(b) St. Louis.
(d) New Orleans.
7. Where does a fire take place in "The Sight"?
(a) Esau's house.
(b) Esau's mother's house.
(c) Esau's father's house.
(d) Esau's neighbor's house.
8. How does Esau injure himself in "The Sight"?
(a) He breaks his arm falling.
(b) He cuts himself with a dagger.
(c) He breaks his neck.
(d) He runs a truck off the road.
9. Where does Lester often go to regale stories of the past in "The 11:59"?
(a) The locomotive.
(b) The porter house.
(c) His church.
(d) The caboose.
10. Esau warns his father that the men from whom he borrowed money intend to do what in "The Sight"?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Be his friend.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Hurt him.
11. The plantation owner in "We Organized" is described as being what?
12. Which of the following is true of Henri's wife in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) She is a freed slave.
(b) She was born in New Orleans.
(c) She is a slave.
(d) She is white.
13. To what do the slaves pin an item from the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
(a) A tree.
(b) A doll.
(c) A door.
(d) A horse.
14. The mayor in "Justice" announces that Alvin Tinsley died how?
(a) By hanging himself.
(b) By falling into the river.
(c) By shooting himself.
(d) In a tractor accident.
15. What is Lester's last name in "The 11:59"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins to show etchings of Hoop's crimes in "Justice"?
2. What is the name of the sac in which the fetus develops?
3. When had Hoop accused Alvin of killing a cat in "Justice"?
4. What refers to a person who professes an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception?
5. Who researches the story of Henri several decades after his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)