|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does a fire take place in "The Sight"?
(a) Esau's father's house.
(b) Esau's neighbor's house.
(c) Esau's house.
(d) Esau's mother's house.
2. Henri's mother was what in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) A freed slave.
(b) A plantation owner.
(c) A white woman.
(d) Native American.
3. What item do the slaves take off the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
(a) A patch.
(b) A button.
(c) A pin.
(d) A string.
4. When the police go to inspect the gas station in "Justice," what happens?
(a) It goes up in flames.
(b) It's locked.
(c) They find a body.
(d) They crash into the pump.
5. Where was Henri's mother from in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) New Orleans.
6. What begins to show etchings of Hoop's crimes in "Justice"?
(a) A wood plank.
(b) A wall.
(c) A mirror.
(d) The shop windows.
7. Who was Harper's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Henri McAvoy.
(b) Amos McAvoy.
(c) Clarence McAvoy.
(d) Harper McAvoy Sr.
8. In what format is "We Organized" written?
9. What does the AFL refer to?
(a) American Football League.
(b) After Five Line.
(c) Anybody Famous Loungecar.
(d) American Federation of Labor.
10. According to legend, anyone who hears the fabled 11:59 train will die within how much time?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 72 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
11. What is the name of the sac in which the fetus develops?
(a) Amniotic sac.
(b) Baby sac.
(c) Natal sac.
(d) Fataliacal sac.
12. Who received ownership of Pin Oak Plantation after his father died?
(c) Amos McAvoy.
(d) Harper McAvoy.
13. How many children does Henri have in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
14. From what do the slaves hang an item from the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
(a) A ladder.
(b) A tree.
(c) A lamp post.
(d) The plantation owner's house.
15. Where does Esau announce that he could not be happier in his life in "The Sight"?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A football game.
(d) At church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Henri a free black man and not a slave in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
2. When did the first organization of the Ku Klux Klan flourish in the American South?
3. Who was Esau's father in the Hebrew Bible?
4. What title does Henri hold at the Pin Oak Plantation?
5. Esau warns his father that the men from whom he borrowed money intend to do what in "The Sight"?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)