|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ajax refuse to knock from a tree in "We Organized"?
(a) An apple.
(b) A walnut.
(c) A wasp nest.
(d) A squirrel.
2. Who beats Esau's father in "The Sight"?
(a) Men he owes money to.
(b) Esau's uncle.
(c) The train conductor.
(d) Esau's mother.
3. From what job position did Lester retire in "The 11:59"?
(a) Coal shoveler.
(d) Pullman porter.
4. What is the name of the sac in which the fetus develops?
(a) Baby sac.
(b) Fataliacal sac.
(c) Natal sac.
(d) Amniotic sac.
5. Who attempted to take away the gas station in order to fulfill a debt in "Justice"?
(a) Alvin Tinsley.
(b) Hoop Holt.
(c) Hoop Granger.
(d) Riley Holt.
6. How does Esau injure himself in "The Sight"?
(a) He runs a truck off the road.
(b) He breaks his neck.
(c) He cuts himself with a dagger.
(d) He breaks his arm falling.
7. Who was Harper's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Amos McAvoy.
(b) Harper McAvoy Sr.
(c) Henri McAvoy.
(d) Clarence McAvoy.
8. When Harper realizes he cannot sell his brother, who does he decide to sell to the slave dealers instead in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Henri's daughter.
(b) Henri's wife.
(c) Henri's daughter and wife.
(d) Henri's son and wife.
9. How many children does Henri have in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
10. What title does Henri hold at the Pin Oak Plantation?
(a) Night Watchman.
(b) Head Botanist.
(d) Assistant Manager.
11. Who was Esau's fraternal twin brother in the Hebrew Bible?
12. What do the slaves do to the item taken from the plantation owner in "We Organized"?
(a) Scream at it.
(b) Light it on fire.
(c) Throw water on it.
(d) Chant to it.
13. What does the slave owner do with his slaves in the ending of "We Organized"?
(a) Makes them work harder.
(b) Beats them.
(c) Sells them.
(d) Frees them.
14. Who wants Ajax to prove his abilities by knocking something from a tree in "We Organized"?
(a) His father.
(b) A fellow slave.
(c) His brother.
(d) The plantation owner.
15. Where does Esau announce that he could not be happier in his life in "The Sight"?
(a) A football game.
(b) A wedding.
(c) At church.
(d) A birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lester lock himself in "The 11:59"?
2. In Hebrew, the name Esau means what?
3. What is the name of Henri's wife in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
4. Esau warns his father that the men from whom he borrowed money intend to do what in "The Sight"?
5. In what town did the Pullman Strike begin?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)