|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item do the slaves take off the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
(a) A button.
(b) A patch.
(c) A pin.
(d) A string.
2. When Harper realizes he cannot sell his brother, who does he decide to sell to the slave dealers instead in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Henri's daughter.
(b) Henri's daughter and wife.
(c) Henri's wife.
(d) Henri's son and wife.
3. In what town did the Pullman Strike begin?
(a) Pullman, Texas.
(b) Pullman, New York.
(c) Pullman, Illinois.
(d) Pullman, North Dakota.
4. What does Esau begin having nightmares about in "The Sight"?
(a) A dead relative.
(c) A fire.
5. When did Britain outlaw slavery?
6. How did Lester die in "The 11:59"?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Hit by a train.
(c) Fell down a flight of stairs.
7. What refers to a person who professes an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception?
8. When had Hoop accused Alvin of killing a cat in "Justice"?
(a) 8 years ago.
(b) 5 years ago.
(c) 14 years ago.
(d) 20 years ago.
9. What does the AFL refer to?
(a) American Football League.
(b) Anybody Famous Loungecar.
(c) American Federation of Labor.
(d) After Five Line.
10. When did George Pullman establish his company?
11. Which of the following is true of Ajax in "We Organized"?
(a) He is a circus performer.
(b) He is a god.
(c) He is a slave.
(d) He is a plantation owner.
12. Who researches the story of Henri several decades after his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Pine Knoll.
(b) Oak Knoll.
(c) Olive Hill.
(d) Cherry Hill.
13. Whose mother died the day he was born in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
14. What does the KKK try Alvin Tinsley for in "Justice"?
15. What is the name of Henri's wife in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Harper's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
2. The slaves in "We Organized" take an item off what piece of the plantation owner's clothing?
3. From what job position did Lester retire in "The 11:59"?
4. Who turns himself in for the murder of the richest man in town in "Justice"?
5. What weapon is Ajax particularly good at in "We Organized"?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)