|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Esau send his wife and children after he begins having nightmares in "The Sight"?
(a) To an apartment.
(b) To a hotel.
(c) To the car.
(d) His mother's house.
2. Who was the father of Ajax in Greek mythology?
3. What begins to show etchings of Hoop's crimes in "Justice"?
(a) The shop windows.
(b) A wood plank.
(c) A wall.
(d) A mirror.
4. What does the slave owner begin to hear in his head after the "spell" by the slaves in "We Organized"?
(a) God's voice.
(d) The devil.
5. What does the slave owner do with his slaves in the ending of "We Organized"?
(a) Makes them work harder.
(b) Sells them.
(c) Beats them.
(d) Frees them.
6. When Harper realizes he cannot sell his brother, who does he decide to sell to the slave dealers instead in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Henri's wife.
(b) Henri's daughter and wife.
(c) Henri's son and wife.
(d) Henri's daughter.
7. Who turns himself in for the murder of the richest man in town in "Justice"?
(a) Hoop Granger.
(b) Riley Granger.
(c) Alvin Tinsley.
(d) Riley Holt.
8. Who is the richest man in town in "Justice"?
(a) Riley Granger.
(b) Hoop Granger.
(c) Riley Holt.
(d) Alvin Tinsley.
9. Where was Henri's mother from in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(c) St. Louis.
(d) New Orleans.
10. Where does a fire take place in "The Sight"?
(a) Esau's house.
(b) Esau's mother's house.
(c) Esau's neighbor's house.
(d) Esau's father's house.
11. What refers to a person who professes an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception?
12. Why does Esau's psychic ability leave him in "The Sight"?
(a) He sells his soul to the devil.
(b) His mother dies.
(c) He goes blind.
(d) He misuses it.
13. What does Esau begin having nightmares about in "The Sight"?
(a) A dead relative.
(b) A fire.
14. When did the second development of the Ku Klux Klan flourish nationwide in the U.S.?
15. The slaves in "We Organized" take an item off what piece of the plantation owner's clothing?
(a) His boots.
(b) His jacket.
(c) His overalls.
(d) His nightshirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Harper's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
2. What is the name of the sac in which the fetus develops?
3. How does Harper die in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
4. "We Organized" is based on the oral histories documented in the Slave Narratives from when?
5. The mayor in "Justice" announces that Alvin Tinsley died how?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)