|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who organized the union of workers associated with the Pullman Palace Car Company?
(a) R. Douglas McIntosh.
(b) M. Robert Hutchings.
(c) G. Matthew Stevens.
(d) A. Philip Randolph.
2. To what do the slaves pin an item from the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
(a) A tree.
(b) A horse.
(c) A door.
(d) A doll.
3. From what job position did Lester retire in "The 11:59"?
(c) Pullman porter.
(d) Coal shoveler.
4. What position were black employees of the Pullman Palace Car Company not eligible for promotion as it was reserved for whites?
5. Who researches the story of Henri several decades after his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Oak Knoll.
(b) Olive Hill.
(c) Pine Knoll.
(d) Cherry Hill.
6. What refers to a person who professes an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception?
7. Henri's mother was what in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) A white woman.
(b) A freed slave.
(c) A plantation owner.
(d) Native American.
8. What is the name of Henri's wife in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
9. Into what river does Harper watch his brother leap to his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Topps River.
(b) Green River.
(c) Fall River.
(d) Snake River.
10. Where does Lester lock himself in "The 11:59"?
(a) The porter house.
(b) The station house.
(c) His apartment.
(d) A train car.
11. How many children does Henri have in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
12. Who is the former owner of the Pin Oak Plantation?
(c) Amos McAvoy.
(d) Harper McAvoy.
13. When did the first organization of the Ku Klux Klan flourish in the American South?
14. Who wants Ajax to prove his abilities by knocking something from a tree in "We Organized"?
(a) His brother.
(b) The plantation owner.
(c) His father.
(d) A fellow slave.
15. How was the richest man in town found murdered in the beginning of "Justice"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Harper's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
2. Who was Henri's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
3. Esau's father exploits his son's psychic abilities where in "The Sight"?
4. What do the slaves do to the item taken from the plantation owner in "We Organized"?
5. What does Esau's mother believe Esau should do with his psychic abilities in "The Sight"?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)