|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what do the slaves pin an item from the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
(a) A doll.
(b) A door.
(c) A horse.
(d) A tree.
2. What title does Henri hold at the Pin Oak Plantation?
(a) Assistant Manager.
(b) Night Watchman.
(c) Head Botanist.
3. When did the first organization of the Ku Klux Klan flourish in the American South?
4. What is the name of the labor union associated with the Pullman Palace Car Company?
(a) International Brotherhood of Hospitality Workers.
(b) Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters.
(c) International Brotherhood of Railworkers.
(d) Brotherhood of Guest Services Workers.
5. Which of the following is true of Henri's wife in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) She is a slave.
(b) She is white.
(c) She is a freed slave.
(d) She was born in New Orleans.
6. What refers to a person who professes an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception?
7. The plantation owner in "We Organized" is described as being what?
8. Whose mother died the day he was born in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
9. When was the union of workers associated with the Pullman Palace Car Company established?
10. When had Hoop accused Alvin of killing a cat in "Justice"?
(a) 14 years ago.
(b) 8 years ago.
(c) 5 years ago.
(d) 20 years ago.
11. Where was Henri's mother from in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) New Orleans.
12. In what town did the Pullman Strike begin?
(a) Pullman, New York.
(b) Pullman, Texas.
(c) Pullman, Illinois.
(d) Pullman, North Dakota.
13. Who is the richest man in town in "Justice"?
(a) Hoop Granger.
(b) Alvin Tinsley.
(c) Riley Granger.
(d) Riley Holt.
14. The labor union associated with the Pullman Palace Car Company was the first to be led by what?
(a) African Americans.
15. How did Lester die in "The 11:59"?
(a) Heart attack.
(c) Fell down a flight of stairs.
(d) Hit by a train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the slaves do to the item taken from the plantation owner in "We Organized"?
2. Where does Esau announce that he could not be happier in his life in "The Sight"?
3. What does the slave owner begin to hear in his head after the "spell" by the slaves in "We Organized"?
4. How is Alvin Tinsley killed in "Justice"?
5. In what format is "We Organized" written?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)