|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attempted to take away the gas station in order to fulfill a debt in "Justice"?
(a) Riley Holt.
(b) Hoop Holt.
(c) Hoop Granger.
(d) Alvin Tinsley.
2. How did Lester die in "The 11:59"?
(a) Heart attack.
(c) Fell down a flight of stairs.
(d) Hit by a train.
3. Who is the richest man in town in "Justice"?
(a) Riley Holt.
(b) Riley Granger.
(c) Alvin Tinsley.
(d) Hoop Granger.
4. What does the KKK try Alvin Tinsley for in "Justice"?
5. Who researches the story of Henri several decades after his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Cherry Hill.
(b) Pine Knoll.
(c) Olive Hill.
(d) Oak Knoll.
6. Who is the former owner of the Pin Oak Plantation?
(a) Harper McAvoy.
(b) Amos McAvoy.
7. When had Hoop accused Alvin of killing a cat in "Justice"?
(a) 14 years ago.
(b) 8 years ago.
(c) 20 years ago.
(d) 5 years ago.
8. What does Esau's mother believe Esau should do with his psychic abilities in "The Sight"?
(a) Use them for profit.
(b) Hide them.
(c) Share them with her.
(d) Repent for them.
9. The plantation owner in "We Organized" is described as being what?
10. What short story by Edgar Allan Poe shares a similar subject and theme as "Justice"?
(a) The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
(b) The Telltale Heart.
(c) The Fall of the House of Usher.
(d) The Raven.
11. What train feature was George Pullman credited with originating?
(a) Coal engine.
(b) Dining car.
(c) Sleeping car.
(d) Steam engine.
12. Who received ownership of Pin Oak Plantation after his father died?
(a) Amos McAvoy.
(c) Harper McAvoy.
13. "We Organized" is based on the oral histories documented in the Slave Narratives from when?
(a) The 1930s.
(b) The 1950s.
(c) The 1920s.
(d) The 1940s.
14. Esau's father exploits his son's psychic abilities where in "The Sight"?
(a) A cock fight.
(b) The casino.
(c) The racetrack.
(d) A dog fight.
15. What does Hoop begin having a few days after the death of Alvin Tinsley in "Justice"?
(a) Religious visions.
(c) Sneezing fits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position were black employees of the Pullman Palace Car Company not eligible for promotion as it was reserved for whites?
2. From what do the slaves hang an item from the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
3. What is Lester's last name in "The 11:59"?
4. What caused the fire in "The Sight"?
5. Who beats Esau's father in "The Sight"?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)