|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The plantation owner in "We Organized" is described as being what?
2. Where does a fire take place in "The Sight"?
(a) Esau's house.
(b) Esau's neighbor's house.
(c) Esau's mother's house.
(d) Esau's father's house.
3. What is the setting of the story "Justice"?
(a) Yazoo County, Mississippi.
(b) Tallahatchie County, Mississippi.
(c) Leake County, Mississippi.
(d) Hinds County, Mississippi.
4. When did George Pullman establish his company?
5. Who turns himself in for the murder of the richest man in town in "Justice"?
(a) Hoop Granger.
(b) Alvin Tinsley.
(c) Riley Granger.
(d) Riley Holt.
6. Who was Henri's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Harper McAvoy.
(b) Henri McAvoy Sr.
(c) Henri Harper Sr.
(d) Amos McAvoy.
7. In what Classical work is the mythological Ajax notable for his abundant strength and courage, seen particularly in two fights with Hector?
(a) The Odyssey
(b) The Birds.
(c) The Homeric Hymns.
(d) The Iliad.
8. Where does Esau send his wife and children after he begins having nightmares in "The Sight"?
(a) To the car.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) To an apartment.
(d) To a hotel.
9. Where does Lester often go to regale stories of the past in "The 11:59"?
(a) The porter house.
(b) The caboose.
(c) His church.
(d) The locomotive.
10. What is Esau's last name in "The Sight"?
11. Who is the richest man in town in "Justice"?
(a) Hoop Granger.
(b) Riley Granger.
(c) Riley Holt.
(d) Alvin Tinsley.
12. What is Lester's last name in "The 11:59"?
13. What position were black employees of the Pullman Palace Car Company not eligible for promotion as it was reserved for whites?
14. From what do the slaves hang an item from the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
(a) A tree.
(b) A ladder.
(c) The plantation owner's house.
(d) A lamp post.
15. What does the AFL refer to?
(a) American Federation of Labor.
(b) American Football League.
(c) After Five Line.
(d) Anybody Famous Loungecar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants Ajax to prove his abilities by knocking something from a tree in "We Organized"?
2. When did the Pullman Strike take place?
3. How was the richest man in town found murdered in the beginning of "Justice"?
4. What flies up from the river after Henri is seen disappearing into it with his family in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
5. Who does Harper announce he is planning to sell in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)