|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the AFL refer to?
(a) Anybody Famous Loungecar.
(b) American Football League.
(c) American Federation of Labor.
(d) After Five Line.
2. What do the slaves do to the item taken from the plantation owner in "We Organized"?
(a) Scream at it.
(b) Chant to it.
(c) Throw water on it.
(d) Light it on fire.
3. In what format is "We Organized" written?
4. When Harper realizes he cannot sell his brother, who does he decide to sell to the slave dealers instead in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Henri's daughter.
(b) Henri's daughter and wife.
(c) Henri's son and wife.
(d) Henri's wife.
5. What train feature was George Pullman credited with originating?
(a) Steam engine.
(b) Sleeping car.
(c) Coal engine.
(d) Dining car.
6. Where does Lester often go to regale stories of the past in "The 11:59"?
(a) The porter house.
(b) The caboose.
(c) His church.
(d) The locomotive.
7. What title does Henri hold at the Pin Oak Plantation?
(a) Night Watchman.
(c) Head Botanist.
(d) Assistant Manager.
8. Esau warns his father that the men from whom he borrowed money intend to do what in "The Sight"?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Hurt him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Be his friend.
9. Where does a fire take place in "The Sight"?
(a) Esau's mother's house.
(b) Esau's house.
(c) Esau's neighbor's house.
(d) Esau's father's house.
10. To what do the slaves pin an item from the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
(a) A door.
(b) A tree.
(c) A doll.
(d) A horse.
11. What sound does Lester hear after leaving his friends to head home in "The 11:59"?
(a) A car horn.
(b) A barking dog.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A train whistle.
12. Which of the following is true of Henri's wife in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) She was born in New Orleans.
(b) She is a slave.
(c) She is white.
(d) She is a freed slave.
13. What refers to a person who professes an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception?
14. When had Hoop accused Alvin of killing a cat in "Justice"?
(a) 5 years ago.
(b) 20 years ago.
(c) 8 years ago.
(d) 14 years ago.
15. Where was Henri's mother from in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the slave from which the plantation owner offends in "We Organized"?
2. From what job position did Lester retire in "The 11:59"?
3. The plantation owner in "We Organized" is described as being what?
4. What does the KKK try Alvin Tinsley for in "Justice"?
5. Who researches the story of Henri several decades after his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)