|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to legend, anyone who hears the fabled 11:59 train will die within how much time?
(a) 72 hours.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
2. Which of the following is true of Ajax in "We Organized"?
(a) He is a plantation owner.
(b) He is a god.
(c) He is a slave.
(d) He is a circus performer.
3. When had Hoop accused Alvin of killing a cat in "Justice"?
(a) 14 years ago.
(b) 20 years ago.
(c) 8 years ago.
(d) 5 years ago.
4. Where does Esau announce that he could not be happier in his life in "The Sight"?
(a) At church.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A football game.
(d) A birthday party.
5. What weapon is Ajax particularly good at in "We Organized"?
(a) The whip.
(b) A bow.
(c) A gun.
(d) A sword.
6. In what format is "We Organized" written?
7. Who was Esau's fraternal twin brother in the Hebrew Bible?
8. What is the name of the sac in which the fetus develops?
(a) Natal sac.
(b) Baby sac.
(c) Fataliacal sac.
(d) Amniotic sac.
9. From what job position did Lester retire in "The 11:59"?
(a) Pullman porter.
(d) Coal shoveler.
10. What does Hoop begin having a few days after the death of Alvin Tinsley in "Justice"?
(a) Religious visions.
(b) Sneezing fits.
11. Esau warns his father that the men from whom he borrowed money intend to do what in "The Sight"?
(a) Hurt him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Be his friend.
(d) Forgive him.
12. What do the slaves do to the item taken from the plantation owner in "We Organized"?
(a) Scream at it.
(b) Chant to it.
(c) Throw water on it.
(d) Light it on fire.
13. To what do the slaves pin an item from the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
(a) A doll.
(b) A horse.
(c) A tree.
(d) A door.
14. What is the name of Henri's wife in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
15. What is the name of the labor union associated with the Pullman Palace Car Company?
(a) International Brotherhood of Railworkers.
(b) Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters.
(c) International Brotherhood of Hospitality Workers.
(d) Brotherhood of Guest Services Workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who researches the story of Henri several decades after his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
2. What does Esau begin having nightmares about in "The Sight"?
3. Who organized the union of workers associated with the Pullman Palace Car Company?
4. Who was Esau's father in the Hebrew Bible?
5. Where was Henri's mother from in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)