|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The slaves in "We Organized" take an item off what piece of the plantation owner's clothing?
(a) His overalls.
(b) His boots.
(c) His nightshirt.
(d) His jacket.
2. From what do the slaves hang an item from the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
(a) The plantation owner's house.
(b) A ladder.
(c) A tree.
(d) A lamp post.
3. When had Hoop accused Alvin of killing a cat in "Justice"?
(a) 20 years ago.
(b) 14 years ago.
(c) 5 years ago.
(d) 8 years ago.
4. "We Organized" is based on the oral histories documented in the Slave Narratives from when?
(a) The 1940s.
(b) The 1930s.
(c) The 1920s.
(d) The 1950s.
5. What is Lester's last name in "The 11:59"?
6. Where does Esau announce that he could not be happier in his life in "The Sight"?
(a) A football game.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A wedding.
(d) At church.
7. How does Harper die in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) He falls into the river.
(b) He gets struck by lightning.
(c) He gets stabbed.
(d) He gets kicked by a horse.
8. How was the richest man in town found murdered in the beginning of "Justice"?
9. Esau's father exploits his son's psychic abilities where in "The Sight"?
(a) The casino.
(b) A cock fight.
(c) A dog fight.
(d) The racetrack.
10. What flies up from the river after Henri is seen disappearing into it with his family in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) A moth.
(b) Two bats.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) Three birds.
11. In what Classical work is the mythological Ajax notable for his abundant strength and courage, seen particularly in two fights with Hector?
(a) The Homeric Hymns.
(b) The Birds.
(c) The Iliad.
(d) The Odyssey
12. What sound does Lester hear after leaving his friends to head home in "The 11:59"?
(a) A train whistle.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A barking dog.
(d) A car horn.
13. What position were black employees of the Pullman Palace Car Company not eligible for promotion as it was reserved for whites?
14. Into what river does Harper watch his brother leap to his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Green River.
(b) Topps River.
(c) Fall River.
(d) Snake River.
15. Who received ownership of Pin Oak Plantation after his father died?
(a) Amos McAvoy.
(b) Harper McAvoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants Ajax to prove his abilities by knocking something from a tree in "We Organized"?
2. In Hebrew, the name Esau means what?
3. The labor union associated with the Pullman Palace Car Company was the first to be led by what?
4. To what do the slaves pin an item from the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
5. Which of the following is true of Henri's wife in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)