Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lester often go to regale stories of the past in "The 11:59"?
(a) His church.
(b) The caboose.
(c) The locomotive.
(d) The porter house.
2. From what do the slaves hang an item from the plantation owner's clothing in "We Organized"?
(a) A lamp post.
(b) A ladder.
(c) The plantation owner's house.
(d) A tree.
3. Into what river does Harper watch his brother leap to his death in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Green River.
(b) Fall River.
(c) Snake River.
(d) Topps River.
4. In what town did the Pullman Strike begin?
(a) Pullman, Illinois.
(b) Pullman, Texas.
(c) Pullman, North Dakota.
(d) Pullman, New York.
5. Who does Harper announce he is planning to sell in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
6. How does Harper die in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) He gets struck by lightning.
(b) He falls into the river.
(c) He gets stabbed.
(d) He gets kicked by a horse.
7. What does the AFL refer to?
(a) Anybody Famous Loungecar.
(b) After Five Line.
(c) American Federation of Labor.
(d) American Football League.
8. When did Britain outlaw slavery?
9. Where was Henri's mother from in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) St. Louis.
10. What do the slaves do to the item taken from the plantation owner in "We Organized"?
(a) Light it on fire.
(b) Throw water on it.
(c) Chant to it.
(d) Scream at it.
11. Where does Esau announce that he could not be happier in his life in "The Sight"?
(a) At church.
(b) A football game.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A wedding.
12. The plantation owner in "We Organized" is described as being what?
13. Who was Harper's father in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
(a) Clarence McAvoy.
(b) Amos McAvoy.
(c) Harper McAvoy Sr.
(d) Henri McAvoy.
14. What caused the fire in "The Sight"?
(a) A candle.
(c) Electrical wiring.
(d) A gas heater.
15. What does Hoop begin having a few days after the death of Alvin Tinsley in "Justice"?
(b) Religious visions.
(d) Sneezing fits.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harper realizes he cannot sell his brother, who does he decide to sell to the slave dealers instead in "The Legend of Pin Oak"?
2. What refers to a person who professes an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception?
3. Who attempted to take away the gas station in order to fulfill a debt in "Justice"?
4. When had Hoop accused Alvin of killing a cat in "Justice"?
5. How is Alvin Tinsley killed in "Justice"?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)