The Legend of Pin Oak
• Harper is the son of the former owner of Pin Oak, Amos McAvoy.
• When Harper was still a child, his father took him back to Pin Oak after the death of his mother and he was been partially raised by his grandmother.
• Amos also brought to Pin Oak a boy named Henri, his son by a free slave in New Orleans.
• Although Amos never admitted publicly that Henri was his son, Amos always treated him with compassion and gave him special privileges.
• Upon his father's passing, Harper decides to sell Henri and rid himself of the memory that his father had loved this young man more than Harper.
• However, shortly after making his announcement, Harper learns that Henri was born to a freed slave; therefore, he is free as well.
• When the slave dealers come, Harper plans to give them Henri's wife, Charlemae...
This section contains 2,535 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)