|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the rap sheet Chee is reading at the prison, what was the prisoner arrested for in El Paso?
(b) Drunk and disorderly conduct.
(d) Grand theft auto.
2. What size boots does Chee wear?
3. What is the name of the clerk that the stolen necklace is given to?
(a) Sandra Jensen.
(b) Edna Nezzie.
(c) Miss Pauling.
(d) Shari West.
4. According to Mary Joe Natonabah, who is responsible for trespassing on her grazing right?
(a) Martin Begay.
(b) Largewhiskers Begay.
(c) Twotall Begay.
(d) Laramie Begay.
5. When Chee finds the suitcases, how far below the surface are the suitcases buried?
(a) Six inches.
(b) Ten inches.
(c) One foot.
(d) Three foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the two arroyos that the car was not hidden in lead to?
2. Where is the prison that Chee goes to visit?
3. What is the name of West's friend in prison that agrees to talk to Chee?
4. Where is the diner located?
5. After seeing the men searching the plane wreckage, Chee returns to his truck. What does Chee get from his truck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chee unearth the hidden suitcases and take them with him to the village where the ceremony is taking place?
2. What is the one thing that the caller does not specify to Gaines during the phone call?
3. Before the two men part, why does Dashee ask Chee what size boots Chee wears?
4. When Chee and Musket's mother introduce themselves, what information do they share?
5. As Chee flees from his trailer where two men were waiting for him, whom does Chee think the two men may have been?
6. After returning to his office, why does Chee call the trading post at Teec Nos Pos?
7. When Chee phones Dashee to ask about the missing drugs, what does Dashee tell Chee?
8. While Chee and Dashee are meeting with the old Hopi, why is Dashee incredulous?
9. What does Chee see when he goes to the shrine that solves the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized?
10. According to the friend of West that Chee interviews, why did Johnson stay parked away from the prison long after he and West were finished talking?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)