|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what Dashee tells Chee, who gives the girl at Mexican Water the stolen necklace?
(a) Captain Largo.
(b) T.L. Johnson.
(c) Laramie Begay.
(d) Joseph Musket.
2. When Chee tries to call Dashee after finding the missing vehicle, where is Dashee headed?
(a) Chuska Range.
(c) Tuba City.
(d) Second Mesa.
3. According to the person Chee goes to visit, how many suitcases were taken from the plane and put into the waiting car?
4. When Chee finds the suitcases, how far below the surface are the suitcases buried?
(a) One foot.
(b) Six inches.
(c) Ten inches.
(d) Three foot.
5. On what day was West killed in prison?
(a) July 4.
(b) July 2.
(c) July 6.
(d) July 10.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chee believe witnessed the plane crash?
2. What reason does Chee give the prison officials for his inquiries?
3. According to West's friend, what was Johnson's purpose in visiting West?
4. Where do the two arroyos that the car was not hidden in lead to?
5. According to his mother, where did Joseph Musket go after the Enemy Way?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the old Hopi, why is there no longer any water at the Hopi's sacred place?
2. What is the one thing that the caller does not specify to Gaines during the phone call?
3. When Dashee meets Chee on U.S. 160, what does Chee tell Dashee?
4. According to Chee's conversation with the old Hopi, what does Chee say that he understands it gets harder and harder to do?
5. How does Mr. Armijo describe the person that Chee goes to the prison to find out about?
6. How does Chee respond when Largo asks Chee for all of his paperwork?
7. As Chee flees from his trailer where two men were waiting for him, what does Chee wonder about in regard to the scheduled exchange?
8. Describe Windmill 6.
9. According to what Miss Pauling overhears on Gaines's phone call, what does the caller insist on when the exchange is to be made and why?
10. When Chee phones Dashee to ask about the missing drugs, what does Dashee tell Chee?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)