|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chee returns to his office, he finds a note that someone wants to see him. Who wants to see Chee?
(a) T.L. Johnson.
(b) Miss Pauling.
(c) Cowboy Dashee.
(d) Captain Largo.
2. How many days after the visit will Chee leave a "present" at the windmill for the man he is visiting?
(a) Seven days.
(b) One day.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two days.
3. Where is the prison that Chee goes to visit?
(d) Sante Fe.
4. According to what Dashee tells Chee, who gives the girl at Mexican Water the stolen necklace?
(a) Laramie Begay.
(b) Joseph Musket.
(c) T.L. Johnson.
(d) Captain Largo.
5. According to his mother, when Joseph Musket returned from prison, who did Joseph hire to be the singer at his Enemy Way?
(a) Chinle West.
(b) Tallman Begay.
(c) Hosteen Begay.
(d) Jake West.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chee's best guess, how does Johnson find out about what Chee had learned from the old Hopi?
2. According to Navajo teachings, who lives in the Dzilidushzhinih Peaks?
3. How far is it from Tuba City to the prison Chee goes to visit?
4. When the prisoner Chee is investigating was arrested on a narcotics charge, how many pounds of marijuana did the police confiscate?
5. According to what he told his mother, how many sheep was Joseph Musket planning on buying at the end of the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Chee and Musket's mother introduce themselves, what information do they share?
2. According to the old Hopi, why is there no longer any water at the Hopi's sacred place?
3. According to Chee's conversation with the old Hopi, what does Chee say that he understands it gets harder and harder to do?
4. How was Thomas West killed?
5. According to Mr. Armijo, why did the person Chee goes to the prison to find out about have lots of friends in the prison?
6. Describe Windmill 6.
7. How does Chee decide to ensure that Miss Pauling has access to the switchboard at the Hopi Cultural Center motel when Gaines's call comes in?
8. Why does Dashee's boss, the sheriff, think Dashee knows where the drugs are hidden?
9. While Chee and Dashee are meeting with the old Hopi, why is Dashee incredulous?
10. As Chee flees from his trailer where two men were waiting for him, whom does Chee think the two men may have been?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)