|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what he told his mother, how many sheep was Joseph Musket planning on buying at the end of the summer?
2. As Chee ponders what he learns from the intercepted phone call, who does Chee begin to believe made the telephone call?
(a) Jerry Jansen.
(b) Cowboy Dashee.
(c) Jake West.
(d) T.L. Johnson.
3. According to the rap sheet Chee is reading at the prison, what was the prisoner's first arrest for?
(b) Grand theft auto.
(c) Drunk and disorderly conduct.
4. According to Captain Largo, what will happen to Chee if Chee becomes involved in Federal affairs?
(a) Chee will be killed.
(b) Chee will be kidnapped.
(c) Chee will be demoted.
(d) Chee will be fired.
5. When Chee tries to call Dashee after finding the missing vehicle, where is Dashee headed?
(a) Chuska Range.
(b) Tuba City.
(c) Second Mesa.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to prison officials, who was depositing extra money into the prisoner's canteen account?
2. According to West's friend, what was Johnson's purpose in visiting West?
3. On what day did Jake West claim the body of his son from the prison?
4. According to the rap sheet Chee is reading at the prison, what was the prisoner arrested for in El Paso?
5. Where do the two arroyos that the car was not hidden in lead to?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Mr. Armijo, how did Armijo know the person Chee goes to the prison to find out about?
2. According to Chee's conversation with the old Hopi, what does Chee say that he understands it gets harder and harder to do?
3. Describe Windmill 6.
4. Why does Dashee's boss, the sheriff, think Dashee knows where the drugs are hidden?
5. According to what Miss Pauling overhears on Gaines's phone call, what does the caller insist on when the exchange is to be made and why?
6. After returning to his office, why does Chee call the trading post at Teec Nos Pos?
7. Before the two men part, why does Dashee ask Chee what size boots Chee wears?
8. When Dashee meets Chee on U.S. 160, what does Chee tell Dashee?
9. What does Chee see when he goes to the shrine that solves the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized?
10. According to the friend of West that Chee interviews, why did Johnson stay parked away from the prison long after he and West were finished talking?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)