|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chee notices vehicle tracks in the sand that have been dampened by the previous night's rain, where is Chee headed?
(a) Burnt Water Trading Post.
(b) Hopi Cultural Center.
(c) Wepo Wash.
(d) Moenkopi Wash.
2. According to West's friend, how did West feel after his meeting with Johnson?
3. According to the person Chee goes to visit, how many suitcases were taken from the plane and put into the waiting car?
4. After seeing the men searching the plane wreckage, Chee returns to his truck. What does Chee get from his truck?
(a) His knife.
(b) The jack handle.
(c) His gun.
(d) The flashlight.
5. How long is the Night Chant ritual?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Four days.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Chee uncovers the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized, who does Chee go to visit?
2. What helps Chee focus his concentration efforts?
3. After waking from his night under the stars, Chee goes to a roadside diner for breakfast and to make a telephone call. Who does Chee first call?
4. When the prisoner Chee is investigating was arrested on a narcotics charge, how many pounds of marijuana did the police confiscate?
5. When the prisoner Chee is investigating was involved in an armed robbery, who was the prisoner's accomplice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Armijo describe the person that Chee goes to the prison to find out about?
2. According to the friend of West that Chee interviews, why did Johnson stay parked away from the prison long after he and West were finished talking?
3. According to Chee's conversation with the old Hopi, what would Chee do if he wanted to help the guardian of the shrine?
4. When Dashee meets Chee on U.S. 160, what does Chee tell Dashee?
5. After returning to his office, why does Chee call the trading post at Teec Nos Pos?
6. How does Chee respond when Largo asks Chee for all of his paperwork?
7. As Chee flees from his trailer where two men were waiting for him, whom does Chee think the two men may have been?
8. What does Chee see when he goes to the shrine that solves the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized?
9. Why does Chee unearth the hidden suitcases and take them with him to the village where the ceremony is taking place?
10. How does Chee decide to ensure that Miss Pauling has access to the switchboard at the Hopi Cultural Center motel when Gaines's call comes in?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)