|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When T.L. Johnson visited West in prison, what was the listed reason for Johnson's visit?
(a) Informal questioning.
(b) Courtesy call.
(c) Serving an arrest warrant.
(d) Official business.
2. When Gaines is on the telephone at the Hopi Cultural Center motel, by what name does Gaines address his caller?
3. When the prisoner Chee is investigating was arrested on a narcotics charge, how many pounds of marijuana did the police confiscate?
(a) 800 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 20 puunds.
4. How many days after the visit will Chee leave a "present" at the windmill for the man he is visiting?
(a) Seven days.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four days.
5. What reason does Chee give the prison officials for his inquiries?
(a) Chee's working on a vandalism case.
(b) The prisoner has been killed.
(c) Chee's working on a murder.
(d) Chee's working on a burglary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the two arroyos that the car was not hidden in lead to?
2. According to Dashee, where is the Hopi ceremonial scheduled to take place?
3. According to the person Chee goes to visit, what are the suitcases made out of?
4. According to his mother, when Joseph Musket returned from prison, who did Joseph hire to be the singer at his Enemy Way?
5. According to what Dashee tells Chee, about how heavy should the missing drugs be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Black Mesa.
2. What does Chee see when he goes to the shrine that solves the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized?
3. According to what Miss Pauling overhears on Gaines's phone call, what does the caller insist on when the exchange is to be made and why?
4. As Chee flees from his trailer where two men were waiting for him, whom does Chee think the two men may have been?
5. While Chee and Dashee are meeting with the old Hopi, why is Dashee incredulous?
6. When Chee and Musket's mother introduce themselves, what information do they share?
7. Why does Chee unearth the hidden suitcases and take them with him to the village where the ceremony is taking place?
8. After returning to his office, why does Chee call the trading post at Teec Nos Pos?
9. How does Mr. Armijo describe the person that Chee goes to the prison to find out about?
10. Why does Dashee's boss, the sheriff, think Dashee knows where the drugs are hidden?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)