|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chee returns to his office, he finds a note that someone wants to see him. Who wants to see Chee?
(a) Miss Pauling.
(b) T.L. Johnson.
(c) Captain Largo.
(d) Cowboy Dashee.
2. According to the person Chee goes to visit, how many suitcases were taken from the plane and put into the waiting car?
3. According to the person Chee goes to visit, how many men set the lanterns the night of the plane crash?
4. According to Navajo teachings, who lives in the Dzilidushzhinih Peaks?
(a) The Spirit Leader.
(b) The Talking God.
(c) The Changing Woman.
(d) The Holy Father.
5. When Chee finds the suitcases, how far below the surface are the suitcases buried?
(a) Three foot.
(b) One foot.
(c) Ten inches.
(d) Six inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chee ponders what he learns from the intercepted phone call, who does Chee begin to believe made the telephone call?
2. According to what Dashee tells Chee, who gives the girl at Mexican Water the stolen necklace?
3. Where does the person Chee goes to visit live?
4. When the prisoner Chee is investigating was involved in an armed robbery, who was the prisoner's accomplice?
5. When Chee reaches the crash site, whom does he see by the wreckage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Armijo describe the person that Chee goes to the prison to find out about?
2. As Chee flees from his trailer where two men were waiting for him, whom does Chee think the two men may have been?
3. As Chee flees from his trailer where two men were waiting for him, what does Chee wonder about in regard to the scheduled exchange?
4. According to Chee's conversation with the old Hopi, what would Chee do if he wanted to help the guardian of the shrine?
5. Describe Windmill 6.
6. How does Chee decide to ensure that Miss Pauling has access to the switchboard at the Hopi Cultural Center motel when Gaines's call comes in?
7. While Chee and Dashee are meeting with the old Hopi, why is Dashee incredulous?
8. According to Mr. Armijo, how did Armijo know the person Chee goes to the prison to find out about?
9. How does Chee respond when Largo asks Chee for all of his paperwork?
10. When Dashee meets Chee on U.S. 160, what does Chee tell Dashee?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)