|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the prison that Chee goes to visit?
(c) Sante Fe.
2. When Dashee tells Chee that the missing vehicle has been found, what does Dashee say that truly surprises Chee?
(a) The money was in the car.
(b) Nothing was in the car.
(c) Jansen's body was in the car.
(d) The drugs were in the car.
3. When Chee finds the suitcases, how far below the surface are the suitcases buried?
(a) Ten inches.
(b) Three foot.
(c) One foot.
(d) Six inches.
4. According to his mother, where did Joseph Musket go after the Enemy Way?
(a) Wepo Wash.
(b) Burnt Water.
(c) Big Mountain Mesa.
(d) Second Mesa.
5. When T.L. Johnson visited West in prison, what was the listed reason for Johnson's visit?
(a) Serving an arrest warrant.
(b) Informal questioning.
(c) Courtesy call.
(d) Official business.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Chee tells the second person he calls, where will Chee be for the day?
2. How long is the Night Chant ritual?
3. How many days after the visit will Chee leave a "present" at the windmill for the man he is visiting?
4. According to Captain Largo, what will happen to Chee if Chee becomes involved in Federal affairs?
5. In what year did the prison riot that killed thirty prisoners occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Mr. Armijo, why did the person Chee goes to the prison to find out about have lots of friends in the prison?
2. How does Chee respond when Largo asks Chee for all of his paperwork?
3. When Chee and Musket's mother introduce themselves, what information do they share?
4. When Chee phones Dashee to ask about the missing drugs, what does Dashee tell Chee?
5. Why does Dashee's boss, the sheriff, think Dashee knows where the drugs are hidden?
6. How was Thomas West killed?
7. Describe Windmill 6.
8. According to what Miss Pauling overhears on Gaines's phone call, what does the caller insist on when the exchange is to be made and why?
9. What is the one thing that the caller does not specify to Gaines during the phone call?
10. Why does Chee unearth the hidden suitcases and take them with him to the village where the ceremony is taking place?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)