|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Chee escapes the men waiting for him at his trailer, where does Chee go to spend the night?
(a) Wepo Wash.
(b) Hopi Cultural Center.
(c) Moenkopi Wash.
(d) Days Inn.
2. According to what Chee learns from the intercepted phone call, when will the exchange of money for cocaine take place?
(a) Friday night.
(b) Saturday night.
(c) Thursday night.
(d) Wednesday night.
3. When Chee tries to call Dashee after finding the missing vehicle, where is Dashee headed?
(a) Second Mesa.
(b) Tuba City.
(d) Chuska Range.
4. According to Captain Largo, what will happen to Chee if Chee becomes involved in Federal affairs?
(a) Chee will be kidnapped.
(b) Chee will be fired.
(c) Chee will be demoted.
(d) Chee will be killed.
5. When Chee notices vehicle tracks in the sand that have been dampened by the previous night's rain, where is Chee headed?
(a) Burnt Water Trading Post.
(b) Wepo Wash.
(c) Hopi Cultural Center.
(d) Moenkopi Wash.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gaines is on the telephone at the Hopi Cultural Center motel, by what name does Gaines address his caller?
2. How long is the Night Chant ritual?
3. After uncovering the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized, who does Chee call?
4. After seeing the men searching the plane wreckage, Chee returns to his truck. What does Chee get from his truck?
5. According to West's friend, why did the friend not trust Musket?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chee's conversation with the old Hopi, what does Chee say that he understands it gets harder and harder to do?
2. How does Chee decide to ensure that Miss Pauling has access to the switchboard at the Hopi Cultural Center motel when Gaines's call comes in?
3. How does Chee respond when Dashee asks Chee directly if Chee found the car?
4. When Chee phones Dashee to ask about the missing drugs, what does Dashee tell Chee?
5. Describe Black Mesa.
6. According to Mr. Armijo, how did Armijo know the person Chee goes to the prison to find out about?
7. According to the friend of West that Chee interviews, why did Johnson stay parked away from the prison long after he and West were finished talking?
8. What is the one thing that the caller does not specify to Gaines during the phone call?
9. Before the two men part, why does Dashee ask Chee what size boots Chee wears?
10. What does Chee see when he goes to the shrine that solves the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)