|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the Night Chant ritual?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Four hours.
2. What is the name of the Custodian of the Fourth World of the Hopis?
3. What is the name of West's friend in prison that agrees to talk to Chee?
4. What is the name of Joseph Musket's mother?
5. At roadside diner, whom does Chee call second?
(a) Cowboy Dashee.
(b) Jake West.
(c) Miss Pauling.
(d) Captain Largo.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the call comes in at the Hopi Cultural Center motel for Gaines, who listens in on the call?
2. According to what Miss Pauling tells Chee, when is the caller expected to try to reach Gaines next?
3. According to what Chee tells the second person he calls, where will Chee be for the day?
4. According to West's friend, what was Johnson's purpose in visiting West?
5. According to the person Chee goes to visit, what are the suitcases made out of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Black Mesa.
2. When Dashee meets Chee on U.S. 160, what does Chee tell Dashee?
3. After returning to his office, why does Chee call the trading post at Teec Nos Pos?
4. How does Chee respond when Dashee asks Chee directly if Chee found the car?
5. How was Thomas West killed?
6. According to the old Hopi, why is there no longer any water at the Hopi's sacred place?
7. How does Chee respond when Largo asks Chee for all of his paperwork?
8. What does Chee see when he goes to the shrine that solves the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized?
9. When Chee and Musket's mother introduce themselves, what information do they share?
10. Why does Dashee's boss, the sheriff, think Dashee knows where the drugs are hidden?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)