|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much younger than Miss Pauling was her brother?
(a) Four years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Eight years.
2. When Dashee tells Chee that the missing vehicle has been found, what does Dashee say that truly surprises Chee?
(a) The money was in the car.
(b) The drugs were in the car.
(c) Nothing was in the car.
(d) Jansen's body was in the car.
3. How far is it from Tuba City to the prison Chee goes to visit?
(a) 400 miles.
(b) 200 miles.
(c) 50 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
4. According to the person Chee goes to visit, how many men set the lanterns the night of the plane crash?
5. According to the person Chee goes to visit, how big are the suitcases?
(a) 15" x 10".
(b) 12" x 6".
(c) 5" x 10".
(d) 18" x 30".
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Chee learns from the intercepted phone call, when will the exchange of money for cocaine take place?
2. As Chee ponders what he learns from the intercepted phone call, who does Chee begin to believe made the telephone call?
3. On what day did Jake West claim the body of his son from the prison?
4. Who does Chee go to the prison to learn about?
5. Where do the two arroyos that the car was not hidden in lead to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chee respond when Dashee asks Chee directly if Chee found the car?
2. When Dashee meets Chee on U.S. 160, what does Chee tell Dashee?
3. According to the friend of West that Chee interviews, why did Johnson stay parked away from the prison long after he and West were finished talking?
4. What is the one thing that the caller does not specify to Gaines during the phone call?
5. What does Chee see when he goes to the shrine that solves the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized?
6. When Chee phones Dashee to ask about the missing drugs, what does Dashee tell Chee?
7. How was Thomas West killed?
8. Before the two men part, why does Dashee ask Chee what size boots Chee wears?
9. As Chee flees from his trailer where two men were waiting for him, what does Chee wonder about in regard to the scheduled exchange?
10. According to the old Hopi, why is there no longer any water at the Hopi's sacred place?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)