|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After seeing the men searching the plane wreckage, Chee returns to his truck. What does Chee get from his truck?
(a) The flashlight.
(b) The jack handle.
(c) His knife.
(d) His gun.
2. Where is the diner located?
(a) Burnt Water.
(b) Wepo Wash.
3. According to his mother, where did Joseph Musket go after the Enemy Way?
(a) Burnt Water.
(b) Second Mesa.
(c) Wepo Wash.
(d) Big Mountain Mesa.
4. Where does the person Chee goes to visit live?
(a) Wepo Wash.
(b) Burnt Water.
(c) Tuba City.
5. How many days after the visit will Chee leave a "present" at the windmill for the man he is visiting?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Four days.
(c) One day.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chee notices vehicle tracks in the sand that have been dampened by the previous night's rain, where is Chee headed?
2. Where do the two arroyos that the car was not hidden in lead to?
3. According to his mother, how many one hundred dollar bills did Joseph have when he returned from prison
4. According to the rap sheet Chee is reading at the prison, what was the prisoner arrested for in El Paso?
5. When Gaines is on the telephone at the Hopi Cultural Center motel, by what name does Gaines address his caller?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Chee and Dashee are meeting with the old Hopi, why is Dashee incredulous?
2. As Chee flees from his trailer where two men were waiting for him, whom does Chee think the two men may have been?
3. As Chee flees from his trailer where two men were waiting for him, what does Chee wonder about in regard to the scheduled exchange?
4. How does Chee respond when Largo asks Chee for all of his paperwork?
5. Describe Black Mesa.
6. Why does Dashee's boss, the sheriff, think Dashee knows where the drugs are hidden?
7. When Dashee meets Chee on U.S. 160, what does Chee tell Dashee?
8. According to Mr. Armijo, why did the person Chee goes to the prison to find out about have lots of friends in the prison?
9. How does Chee respond when Dashee asks Chee directly if Chee found the car?
10. How does Chee decide to ensure that Miss Pauling has access to the switchboard at the Hopi Cultural Center motel when Gaines's call comes in?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)