|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gaines is on the telephone at the Hopi Cultural Center motel, by what name does Gaines address his caller?
2. According to the person Chee goes to visit, what are the suitcases made out of?
3. When the prisoner Chee is investigating was involved in an armed robbery, who was the prisoner's accomplice?
(a) Amos Jansen.
(b) Jerry Jansen.
(c) Thomas West.
(d) Jake West.
4. To what clan was Joseph Musket's mother born?
(a) The Mud Clan.
(b) The Fog Clan.
(c) The Water Clan.
(d) The River Clan.
5. After Chee escapes the men waiting for him at his trailer, where does Chee go to spend the night?
(a) Moenkopi Wash.
(b) Days Inn.
(c) Hopi Cultural Center.
(d) Wepo Wash.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chee stands at Windmill 6 and ponders all he knows, how does Chee characterize what he knows to this point?
2. In what year did the prison riot that killed thirty prisoners occur?
3. Who does Chee go to the prison to learn about?
4. On what day did Jake West claim the body of his son from the prison?
5. Where does the arroyo that the missing car is hidden in lead to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Armijo describe the person that Chee goes to the prison to find out about?
2. Before the two men part, why does Dashee ask Chee what size boots Chee wears?
3. Describe Black Mesa.
4. How does Chee respond when Dashee asks Chee directly if Chee found the car?
5. According to Chee's conversation with the old Hopi, what does Chee say that he understands it gets harder and harder to do?
6. How does Chee decide to ensure that Miss Pauling has access to the switchboard at the Hopi Cultural Center motel when Gaines's call comes in?
7. When Chee phones Dashee to ask about the missing drugs, what does Dashee tell Chee?
8. Describe Windmill 6.
9. How does Chee respond when Largo asks Chee for all of his paperwork?
10. According to what Miss Pauling overhears on Gaines's phone call, what does the caller insist on when the exchange is to be made and why?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)