|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mary Joe Natonabah, who is responsible for trespassing on her grazing right?
(a) Laramie Begay.
(b) Twotall Begay.
(c) Largewhiskers Begay.
(d) Martin Begay.
2. According to what Miss Pauling tells Chee, when is the caller expected to try to reach Gaines next?
(a) At 4:00 p.m.
(b) At 3:00 p.m.
(c) At 5:00 p.m.
(d) At 6:00 p.m.
3. According to prison officials, who was depositing extra money into the prisoner's canteen account?
(a) An attorney.
(b) A narcotics dealer.
(c) An accountant.
(d) A business owner.
4. According to the person Chee goes to visit, how big are the suitcases?
(a) 15" x 10".
(b) 12" x 6".
(c) 5" x 10".
(d) 18" x 30".
5. According to what Dashee tells Chee, about how heavy should the missing drugs be?
(a) About 20 pounds.
(b) About 100 pounds.
(c) About 80 pounds.
(d) About 50 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Chee starts searching for the suitcases at the crash site, about how long does it take for Chee to find the suitcases?
2. Where is the diner located?
3. Where do the two arroyos that the car was not hidden in lead to?
4. Where does the arroyo that the missing car is hidden in lead to?
5. According to the person Chee goes to visit, how many suitcases were taken from the plane and put into the waiting car?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Mr. Armijo, why did the person Chee goes to the prison to find out about have lots of friends in the prison?
2. How does Mr. Armijo describe the person that Chee goes to the prison to find out about?
3. What does Chee see when he goes to the shrine that solves the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized?
4. Describe Black Mesa.
5. According to the old Hopi, why is there no longer any water at the Hopi's sacred place?
6. According to Mr. Armijo, how did Armijo know the person Chee goes to the prison to find out about?
7. According to Chee's conversation with the old Hopi, what does Chee say that he understands it gets harder and harder to do?
8. How does Chee decide to ensure that Miss Pauling has access to the switchboard at the Hopi Cultural Center motel when Gaines's call comes in?
9. Before the two men part, why does Dashee ask Chee what size boots Chee wears?
10. According to what Miss Pauling overhears on Gaines's phone call, what does the caller insist on when the exchange is to be made and why?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)