|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the prisoner Chee is investigating was involved in an armed robbery, who was the prisoner's accomplice?
(a) Jerry Jansen.
(b) Thomas West.
(c) Amos Jansen.
(d) Jake West.
2. After Chee uncovers the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized, who does Chee go to visit?
(a) Taylor Sawkatewa.
(b) Captain Largo.
(c) Cowboy Dashee.
(d) Jake West.
3. How much money did the prison typically give its inmates when they were released from prison?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Forty dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Eighty dollars.
4. According to his mother, when Joseph Musket returned from prison, who did Joseph hire to be the singer at his Enemy Way?
(a) Jake West.
(b) Hosteen Begay.
(c) Tallman Begay.
(d) Chinle West.
5. What reason does Chee give the prison officials for his inquiries?
(a) Chee's working on a vandalism case.
(b) The prisoner has been killed.
(c) Chee's working on a burglary.
(d) Chee's working on a murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chee tries to call Dashee after finding the missing vehicle, where is Dashee headed?
2. According to Captain Largo, what will happen to Chee if Chee becomes involved in Federal affairs?
3. When Dashee tells Chee that the missing vehicle has been found, what does Dashee say that truly surprises Chee?
4. According to his mother, how many one hundred dollar bills did Joseph have when he returned from prison
5. According to the rap sheet Chee is reading at the prison, what was the prisoner's first arrest for?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chee's conversation with the old Hopi, what does Chee say that he understands it gets harder and harder to do?
2. When Dashee meets Chee on U.S. 160, what does Chee tell Dashee?
3. When Chee phones Dashee to ask about the missing drugs, what does Dashee tell Chee?
4. How does Chee respond when Dashee asks Chee directly if Chee found the car?
5. Why does Chee unearth the hidden suitcases and take them with him to the village where the ceremony is taking place?
6. Describe Windmill 6.
7. How does Chee decide to ensure that Miss Pauling has access to the switchboard at the Hopi Cultural Center motel when Gaines's call comes in?
8. When Chee and Musket's mother introduce themselves, what information do they share?
9. Before the two men part, why does Dashee ask Chee what size boots Chee wears?
10. According to Mr. Armijo, why did the person Chee goes to the prison to find out about have lots of friends in the prison?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)