|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, how long does Chee wait before moving from his hiding spot?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) Forty minutes.
(d) One hour.
2. At the Burnt Water Trading Post, whose picture does Dashee show to West and Chee?
(a) Richard Pauling.
(b) Richard Dasher.
(c) Richard Gaines.
(d) Richard Palanzer.
3. What is the name of the prime suspect in the Burnt Water Trading Post burglary?
(a) Joseph Musket.
(b) Jake West.
(c) Jim Chee.
(d) Daniel Largo.
4. How is the woman who emerges from the car that drives to the crash site as Chee is looking for answers related to the dead pilot?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His cousin.
5. As the Cessna's pilot is bringing the plane in for landing, what does the pilot suddenly realize?
(a) Drug running is dangerous.
(b) Law enforcment is just over the mesa.
(c) His landing gear is stuck.
(d) Trust is a mistake.
6. What kind of car drives to the crash site when Chee is looking for answers?
(a) A Ford Bronco.
(b) A Chevy Tahoe.
(c) A Toyota Sienna.
(d) A Dodge Durango.
7. From where was the missing vehicle rented?
(a) Phoenix International Airport.
(b) Tulsa Regional Airport.
(c) Albuquerque International Airport.
(d) Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport.
8. When Chee telephones the hotel where Gaines is staying, where is Chee calling from?
(a) The police station.
(b) A roadside diner.
(c) Chee's trailer.
(d) A Chevron station.
9. According to Lomatewa, how many times has Sotuknang destroyed the world?
10. What name does Dashee go by when being addressed by his family members?
(a) Crow Boy.
(b) Wolf Boy.
(c) Wind Boy.
(d) Tree Boy.
11. When Chee finds the missing vehicle, it has already been searched. Who does Chee believe already searched the vehicle?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The Hopi.
(c) The DEA.
(d) The FBI.
12. How far above the ground does the pilot fly his Cessna plane?
(a) 200 feet.
(b) 500 feet.
(c) 100 feet.
(d) 300 feet.
13. Where does Johnson find the business card that Gaines had given to Chee when they first met?
(a) In Chee's dresser drawer.
(b) By Chee's telephone.
(c) In Chee's billfold.
(d) On Chee's kitchen table.
14. When Chee first meets the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post, how long has the owner been operating the store?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
15. On what date does the Niman Kachina take place?
(a) July 14.
(b) July 4.
(c) July 22.
(d) July 10.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the police report filed by the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post, how many pieces of jewelry were stolen from his store?
2. What light source does Chee use to study the geological survey map after it becomes too dark to search the quadrangle?
3. How many lights are used to mark the plane's "landing" site?
4. When Chee telephones the hotel where Gaines is staying, who does Chee get a hold of?
5. According to the local gossip, who killed the John Doe that Chee was investigating?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)