|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the prime suspect in the Burnt Water Trading Post burglary?
(a) Daniel Largo.
(b) Jim Chee.
(c) Jake West.
(d) Joseph Musket.
2. According to Johnson, how many sets of tracks are visible at the plane crash site?
3. What is the person searching Chee's trailer looking for?
4. According to the rumors that Chee shares with the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post, what kind of drugs were being smuggled in on the Cessna?
5. According to Chee, how many men searched the possible exit arroyos out of the wash for the missing vehicle?
6. According to Chee's calculations, when had John Doe's body been dumped on the path?
(a) July 22.
(b) July 4.
(c) July 14.
(d) July 10.
7. Just before Chee falls asleep after returning from Lomatewa's, Chee makes a phone call. Who does Chee call?
(a) Cowboy Dashee.
(b) Jake West.
(c) Captain Largo.
(d) Larry Collins.
8. According to the local gossip, who killed the John Doe that Chee was investigating?
(a) A witch.
(b) A sorcerer.
(c) A ghost.
(d) An evil spirit.
9. What is the name of the Cessna's pilot?
10. Who is nicknamed Ironfingers?
(a) Jake West.
(b) Cowboy Dashee.
(c) Joseph Musket.
(d) Jim Chee.
11. What is the name of the man who is accompanying Lomatewa on his quest for spruce?
12. When Chee first meets the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post, how long has the owner been operating the store?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
13. What is the name of the younger Navajo woman talking while Chee is waiting to talk to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
(a) Sarai Musket.
(b) Hosteen Yazzie.
(c) Gishi Chee.
(d) Abelene Osami.
14. In what hotel is Ben Gaines staying while awaiting word on Chee's investigation?
(a) The Hopi Cultural Center Hotel.
(b) The Holiday Inn.
(c) The Days Inn.
(d) The Navajo Tribal Center Hotel.
15. What does Tavasuh mean?
(b) Dead body.
(c) Poor soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the woman who emerges from the car that drives to the crash site as Chee is looking for answers related to the dead pilot?
2. When Lomatewa discovers the Navajo body, how long has the blessing of rain been withdrawn from the land?
3. What is the name of Johnson's partner who searches Chee's trailer with Johnson?
4. When Chee finds the missing vehicle, it has already been searched. Who does Chee believe already searched the vehicle?
5. What name does Dashee go by when being addressed by his family members?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)