|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, how long does Chee wait before moving from his hiding spot?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) Forty minutes.
(d) Two hours.
2. When Lomatewa discovers the Navajo body, how long has the blessing of rain been withdrawn from the land?
(a) Six months.
(b) Twelve weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
3. When Chee finds the missing vehicle, it has already been searched. Who does Chee believe already searched the vehicle?
(a) The Hopi.
(b) The DEA.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The FBI.
4. How many times does Johnson slap Chee in the trailer before Johnson pulls out his gun?
5. After Chee leaves Lomatewa and types his report, he goes back to his trailer. Where is Chee planning to go the next day?
(a) Second Mesa.
(b) Black Mesa.
(c) Two Gray Hills.
6. What agency is Johnson with?
(a) The Hopi Police.
(b) THe Navajo Police.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The CIA.
7. What does Tavasuh mean?
(a) Poor soul.
(b) Dead body.
8. What light source does Chee use to study the geological survey map after it becomes too dark to search the quadrangle?
(a) His flashlight.
(b) His truck headlights.
(c) Battery lanterns.
9. What is the name of the Cessna's pilot?
10. From where was the missing vehicle rented?
(a) Phoenix International Airport.
(b) Albuquerque International Airport.
(c) Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport.
(d) Tulsa Regional Airport.
11. Who is Albert Lomatewa?
(a) The Seer.
(b) The Avenger.
(c) The Messenger.
(d) The Rabbi.
12. On the night the Cessna crashes, who is scheduled to meet the plane when it lands?
13. What do the Hopis offer as gifts to the spirits?
14. How does the Cessna's passenger characterize the country that he sees flying under the plane?
15. After Chee explains what happened in the trailer to Largo, how many days does Largo tell Chee to take off from work?
(a) One day.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Cessna scheduled to land on the night that it ends up crashing?
2. When Chee first hears the plane, where is he?
3. What is a yataalii?
4. How much does the dead pilot's attorney offer to pay Chee for investigating the plane crash?
5. According to the police report filed by the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post, how many pieces of jewelry were stolen from his store?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)