|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what hotel is Ben Gaines staying while awaiting word on Chee's investigation?
(a) The Holiday Inn.
(b) The Navajo Tribal Center Hotel.
(c) The Hopi Cultural Center Hotel.
(d) The Days Inn.
2. Who is Albert Lomatewa?
(a) The Avenger.
(b) The Rabbi.
(c) The Messenger.
(d) The Seer.
3. According to one of Chee's sources, who could be a powaqa?
(a) Only Navajo descendants.
(b) Only Bitter Water descendants.
(c) Only Hopi descendants.
(d) Only Fog Clan descendants.
4. What agency is Johnson with?
(a) The Hopi Police.
(b) THe Navajo Police.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The CIA.
5. What kind of car drives to the crash site when Chee is looking for answers?
(a) A Dodge Durango.
(b) A Toyota Sienna.
(c) A Ford Bronco.
(d) A Chevy Tahoe.
6. How does the Cessna's passenger characterize the country that he sees flying under the plane?
7. When Chee first hears the plane, where is he?
(a) At Windmill Number 6.
(b) At the DEA field office.
(c) At the police station.
(d) At his trailer.
8. Where does Chee tell Largo that he wants to go visit to find out more about Musket?
(a) The New Orleans Federal Prison.
(b) The Dallas state penitentiary.
(c) The Albuquerque jail.
(d) The Sante Fe state penitentiary.
9. While Chee is waiting to talk to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading post, what are the three women in front of the store talking about?
(a) Hopi folklore.
(d) Navajo traditions.
10. As the Cessna's pilot is bringing the plane in for landing, what does the pilot suddenly realize?
(a) Law enforcment is just over the mesa.
(b) Trust is a mistake.
(c) His landing gear is stuck.
(d) Drug running is dangerous.
11. On what date does the Niman Kachina take place?
(a) July 10.
(b) July 22.
(c) July 4.
(d) July 14.
12. When Chee awakens in the arroyo and the man is nearby, where is Chee's rifle?
(a) In Chee's hand.
(b) Under Chee's pillow.
(c) In the truck.
(d) In the trailer.
13. How long does Chee explore the crash site looking for answers before he hears a car approaching?
(a) Three hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Forty minutes.
(d) Ten minutes.
14. How was the person inside the missing vehicle killed?
15. Before the night the Cessna crashes, how many times had the pilot previously flown this exact route?
(a) One time.
(b) Five times.
(c) Eight times.
(d) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tavasuh mean?
2. What is the name of Johnson's partner who searches Chee's trailer with Johnson?
3. How many times does Johnson slap Chee in the trailer before Johnson pulls out his gun?
4. According to what Johnson tells Chee, how many days will it be before the people who own the drugs figure out that Chee had them?
5. According to the local gossip, who killed the John Doe that Chee was investigating?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)