|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is nicknamed Ironfingers?
(a) Jake West.
(b) Cowboy Dashee.
(c) Joseph Musket.
(d) Jim Chee.
2. What is the name of Chee's uncle who taught Chee how to track?
(a) Ben Nakai.
(b) Frank Sam Nakai.
(c) Jimmy Sam Nakai.
(d) Dasher Nakai.
3. What is the name of Johnson's partner who searches Chee's trailer with Johnson?
(a) Larry Collins.
(b) Ben Gaines.
(c) Jake West.
(d) Rodney Marin.
4. What is a yataalii?
(a) A detective.
(b) A medicine man.
(c) A healer.
(d) A leader.
5. In what hotel is Ben Gaines staying while awaiting word on Chee's investigation?
(a) The Holiday Inn.
(b) The Hopi Cultural Center Hotel.
(c) The Days Inn.
(d) The Navajo Tribal Center Hotel.
6. What is the name of the man who is accompanying Lomatewa on his quest for spruce?
7. At the Burnt Water Trading Post, whose picture does Dashee show to West and Chee?
(a) Richard Pauling.
(b) Richard Palanzer.
(c) Richard Dasher.
(d) Richard Gaines.
8. After Chee explains what happened in the trailer to Largo, how many days does Largo tell Chee to take off from work?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Five days.
9. When Chee telephones the hotel where Gaines is staying, how long have Ben Gaines and Miss Pauling known each other?
(a) Five days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Three days.
10. When Lomatewa discovers the Navajo body, how long has the blessing of rain been withdrawn from the land?
(a) Two years.
(b) Twelve weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
11. When Chee awakes in the arroyo, how close is the man to Chee's hiding spot?
(a) Three yards.
(b) Eight feet.
(c) Three feet.
(d) Eight yards.
12. Where does Chee tell Largo that he wants to go visit to find out more about Musket?
(a) The New Orleans Federal Prison.
(b) The Albuquerque jail.
(c) The Sante Fe state penitentiary.
(d) The Dallas state penitentiary.
13. When Chee first hears the plane, where is he?
(a) At his trailer.
(b) At Windmill Number 6.
(c) At the DEA field office.
(d) At the police station.
14. How far above the ground does the pilot fly his Cessna plane?
(a) 200 feet.
(b) 100 feet.
(c) 300 feet.
(d) 500 feet.
15. What color is the missing vehicle?
(a) Dark green.
(c) Dark blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chee telephones the hotel where Gaines is staying, who does Chee get a hold of?
2. How many lights are used to mark the plane's "landing" site?
3. According to Chee, what do the Navajo's not have a word for in their language?
4. When Chee finally finds the missing vehicle, what kind of car is it?
5. According to the conversation at the Burnt Water Trading Post, when a woman shot a dog with her .22, what did the dog turn into?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)