|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jerry Jansen's occupation?
2. Where is the Cessna scheduled to land on the night that it ends up crashing?
(a) Tse Chizzi Wash.
(b) Balakai Mesa.
(c) Black Spot Mesa.
(d) Wepo Wash.
3. What is a yataalii?
(a) A medicine man.
(b) A leader.
(c) A detective.
(d) A healer.
4. Where does Chee come from?
5. On what date does the Niman Kachina take place?
(a) July 22.
(b) July 4.
(c) July 10.
(d) July 14.
6. With what group did the dead pilot used to fly?
(a) Israeli Mossad.
(b) Tactical Air Force.
(c) U.S. Air Force.
(d) British Commanding Squadron.
7. When Chee telephones the hotel where Gaines is staying, who does Chee get a hold of?
(a) Larry Collins.
(b) Miss Pauling.
(c) T.L. Johnson.
(d) Ben Gaines.
8. How far above the ground does the pilot fly his Cessna plane?
(a) 100 feet.
(b) 300 feet.
(c) 200 feet.
(d) 500 feet.
9. What one drink does Chee not touch?
10. According to what Johnson tells Chee, how many days will it be before the people who own the drugs figure out that Chee had them?
(a) Ten hours.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
11. What is the name of the younger Navajo woman talking while Chee is waiting to talk to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
(a) Gishi Chee.
(b) Abelene Osami.
(c) Sarai Musket.
(d) Hosteen Yazzie.
12. When Lomatewa discovers the Navajo body, how long has the blessing of rain been withdrawn from the land?
(a) Two years.
(b) Twelve weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
13. Where is Jerry Jansen from?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) San Antonio.
14. How does the Cessna's passenger characterize the country that he sees flying under the plane?
15. As Chee ponders the mystery, who does Chee imagine telling him that there was a reason for the car to be hidden away?
(a) Chee's uncle.
(b) Chee's brother.
(c) Chee's cousin.
(d) Chee's boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chee finally finds the missing vehicle, what kind of car is it?
2. What does Chee use to jimmy the missing vehicle's wing window open?
3. What is the name of Johnson's partner who searches Chee's trailer with Johnson?
4. According to Chee, what is a belacani?
5. Where does Johnson find the business card that Gaines had given to Chee when they first met?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)