|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the conversation at the Burnt Water Trading Post, what did the man seen lurking around suddenly turn into?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A ram.
(c) A dog.
(d) An owl.
2. How large is the Burnt Water Quadrangle that Chee is searching?
(a) 10 square miles.
(b) 32 square miles.
(c) 96 square miles.
(d) 64 square miles.
3. What is the name of the person who runs the Burnt Water Trading Post?
(a) James Largo.
(b) Jim Chee.
(c) Jake West.
(d) Joseph Musket.
4. What do the Hopis offer as gifts to the spirits?
5. After Chee explains what happened in the trailer to Largo, how many days does Largo tell Chee to take off from work?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Five days.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
6. According to Chee, how many men searched the possible exit arroyos out of the wash for the missing vehicle?
7. When Chee awakes in the arroyo, how close is the man to Chee's hiding spot?
(a) Three feet.
(b) Eight yards.
(c) Three yards.
(d) Eight feet.
8. Where is Jerry Jansen from?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) San Antonio.
9. What name does Dashee go by when being addressed by his family members?
(a) Wind Boy.
(b) Crow Boy.
(c) Tree Boy.
(d) Wolf Boy.
10. How many lights are used to mark the plane's "landing" site?
11. How was the person inside the missing vehicle killed?
12. With what group did the dead pilot used to fly?
(a) Tactical Air Force.
(b) Israeli Mossad.
(c) U.S. Air Force.
(d) British Commanding Squadron.
13. According to the rumors that Chee shares with the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post, what kind of drugs were being smuggled in on the Cessna?
14. When Chee first hears the plane, where is he?
(a) At his trailer.
(b) At Windmill Number 6.
(c) At the DEA field office.
(d) At the police station.
15. Two people emerge from the car that drives to the crash site as Chee is looking for answers. What is the man's name?
(a) Albert Gorman.
(b) Ben Gaines.
(c) Jake West.
(d) T.L. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chee telephones the hotel where Gaines is staying, where is Chee calling from?
2. Just before Chee falls asleep after returning from Lomatewa's, Chee makes a phone call. Who does Chee call?
3. What is the name of the Cessna's pilot?
4. On the night the Cessna crashes, who is scheduled to meet the plane when it lands?
5. Who is Albert Lomatewa?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)