|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose body does Chee find inside the missing vehicle?
(a) Richard Palanzer.
(b) Jake West.
(c) Larry Collins.
(d) T.L. Johnson.
2. In what hotel is Ben Gaines staying while awaiting word on Chee's investigation?
(a) The Days Inn.
(b) The Holiday Inn.
(c) The Hopi Cultural Center Hotel.
(d) The Navajo Tribal Center Hotel.
3. According to what the woman who emerges from the car has been told, who saw the plane crash?
(a) Albert Gorman.
(b) T.L. Johnson.
(c) Jim Chee.
(d) Ben Gaines.
4. Who is Albert Lomatewa?
(a) The Seer.
(b) The Avenger.
(c) The Rabbi.
(d) The Messenger.
5. How old is Lomatewa?
6. On the night the Cessna crashes, who is scheduled to meet the plane when it lands?
7. What is a yataalii?
(a) A leader.
(b) A detective.
(c) A healer.
(d) A medicine man.
8. When Chee first hears the plane, where is he?
(a) At the police station.
(b) At the DEA field office.
(c) At Windmill Number 6.
(d) At his trailer.
9. From where was the missing vehicle rented?
(a) Phoenix International Airport.
(b) Tulsa Regional Airport.
(c) Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport.
(d) Albuquerque International Airport.
10. When Chee telephones the hotel where Gaines is staying, who does Chee get a hold of?
(a) Miss Pauling.
(b) T.L. Johnson.
(c) Ben Gaines.
(d) Larry Collins.
11. While Chee is waiting to talk to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading post, what are the three women in front of the store talking about?
(c) Hopi folklore.
(d) Navajo traditions.
12. According to Chee, what do the Navajo's not have a word for in their language?
13. Where does Johnson find the business card that Gaines had given to Chee when they first met?
(a) In Chee's billfold.
(b) By Chee's telephone.
(c) On Chee's kitchen table.
(d) In Chee's dresser drawer.
14. According to the conversation at the Burnt Water Trading Post, what did the man seen lurking around suddenly turn into?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) An owl.
(c) A dog.
(d) A ram.
15. When Chee finds the missing vehicle, it has already been searched. Who does Chee believe already searched the vehicle?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The Hopi.
(d) The DEA.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Cessna's passenger characterize the country that he sees flying under the plane?
2. According to Lomatewa, how many times has Sotuknang destroyed the world?
3. According to Chee, how many arroyos that feed Wepo Wash drain areas where a car might be hidden?
4. What does Tavasuh mean?
5. As the Cessna's pilot is bringing the plane in for landing, what does the pilot suddenly realize?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)