|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two people emerge from the car that drives to the crash site as Chee is looking for answers. What is the man's name?
(a) T.L. Johnson.
(b) Albert Gorman.
(c) Jake West.
(d) Ben Gaines.
2. How many lights are used to mark the plane's "landing" site?
3. How is the woman who emerges from the car that drives to the crash site as Chee is looking for answers related to the dead pilot?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His cousin.
4. According to Chee, how many arroyos that feed Wepo Wash drain areas where a car might be hidden?
5. According to one of Chee's sources, who could be a powaqa?
(a) Only Bitter Water descendants.
(b) Only Navajo descendants.
(c) Only Fog Clan descendants.
(d) Only Hopi descendants.
6. What one drink does Chee not touch?
7. Who is the guardian spirit of the Fourth World of the Hopis?
8. When Chee awakens in the arroyo and the man is nearby, where is Chee's rifle?
(a) In the truck.
(b) Under Chee's pillow.
(c) In the trailer.
(d) In Chee's hand.
9. To what clan was Captain Largo born to?
(a) Red Forehead Dinee.
(b) Bitter Water People.
(c) Standing Rock Dinee.
(d) Slow Talking Dinee.
10. According to Johnson, how many sets of tracks are visible at the plane crash site?
11. According to the conversation at the Burnt Water Trading Post, what did the man seen lurking around suddenly turn into?
(a) A dog.
(b) A ram.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) An owl.
12. What agency is Johnson with?
(a) THe Navajo Police.
(b) The Hopi Police.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The FBI.
13. How many grandchildren does Lomatewa have?
14. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, how long does Chee wait before moving from his hiding spot?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) Forty minutes.
(d) One hour.
15. When Chee finally finds the missing vehicle, what kind of car is it?
(a) A Chevy.
(b) A Toyota.
(c) A Ford.
(d) A GMC.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car drives to the crash site when Chee is looking for answers?
2. According to Chee, what is a belacani?
3. What name does Dashee go by when being addressed by his family members?
4. According to Lomatewa, how old does he suspect the dead man he finds on the trail is?
5. According to Chee, how many men searched the possible exit arroyos out of the wash for the missing vehicle?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)