|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the dead pilot's attorney questions Chee about the shot Chee heard, what kind of gun does Chee think fired the round?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A .22.
(c) A shot gun.
(d) A .38.
2. According to Chee, how many arroyos that feed Wepo Wash drain areas where a car might be hidden?
3. After Chee leaves Lomatewa and types his report, he goes back to his trailer. Where is Chee planning to go the next day?
(a) Two Gray Hills.
(b) Black Mesa.
(d) Second Mesa.
4. According to Chee, how many men searched the possible exit arroyos out of the wash for the missing vehicle?
5. What name does Dashee go by when being addressed by his family members?
(a) Wolf Boy.
(b) Tree Boy.
(c) Crow Boy.
(d) Wind Boy.
6. How far above the ground does the pilot fly his Cessna plane?
(a) 300 feet.
(b) 500 feet.
(c) 200 feet.
(d) 100 feet.
7. From where was the missing vehicle rented?
(a) Tulsa Regional Airport.
(b) Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport.
(c) Phoenix International Airport.
(d) Albuquerque International Airport.
8. As Chee ponders the mystery, who does Chee imagine telling him that there was a reason for the car to be hidden away?
(a) Chee's cousin.
(b) Chee's brother.
(c) Chee's boss.
(d) Chee's uncle.
9. What is the name of the Cessna's pilot?
10. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, how long does Chee wait before moving from his hiding spot?
(a) One hour.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) Forty minutes.
(d) Two hours.
11. According to the conversation at the Burnt Water Trading Post, when a woman shot a dog with her .22, what did the dog turn into?
(a) A ram.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A man.
(d) An owl.
12. After the low-flying plane passes over Chee's truck in the dark, how far from the truck does Chee go before setting up his camp for the night?
(a) 200 feet.
(b) 10 yards.
(c) 200 yards.
(d) 10 feet.
13. What one drink does Chee not touch?
14. What do the Hopis offer as gifts to the spirits?
15. What does Tavasuh mean?
(b) Poor soul.
(d) Dead body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chee tell Largo that he wants to go visit to find out more about Musket?
2. What is the name of the younger Navajo woman talking while Chee is waiting to talk to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
3. What light source does Chee use to study the geological survey map after it becomes too dark to search the quadrangle?
4. At the Burnt Water Trading Post, whose picture does Dashee show to West and Chee?
5. According to Chee, what is a belacani?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)