Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chee tell Largo that he wants to go visit to find out more about Musket?
(a) The Albuquerque jail.
(b) The New Orleans Federal Prison.
(c) The Dallas state penitentiary.
(d) The Sante Fe state penitentiary.
2. What is a powaqa?
(a) A peaceful spirit.
(b) A happy mind.
(c) A good soul.
(d) A two-heart.
3. As the Cessna's pilot is bringing the plane in for landing, what does the pilot suddenly realize?
(a) Law enforcment is just over the mesa.
(b) His landing gear is stuck.
(c) Drug running is dangerous.
(d) Trust is a mistake.
4. Where does Johnson find the business card that Gaines had given to Chee when they first met?
(a) In Chee's billfold.
(b) By Chee's telephone.
(c) On Chee's kitchen table.
(d) In Chee's dresser drawer.
5. How far above the ground does the pilot fly his Cessna plane?
(a) 300 feet.
(b) 100 feet.
(c) 200 feet.
(d) 500 feet.
6. What is the name of the prime suspect in the Burnt Water Trading Post burglary?
(a) Jake West.
(b) Joseph Musket.
(c) Jim Chee.
(d) Daniel Largo.
7. What is the person searching Chee's trailer looking for?
8. What do the Hopis offer as gifts to the spirits?
9. How many grandchildren does Lomatewa have?
10. According to one of Chee's sources, who could be a powaqa?
(a) Only Navajo descendants.
(b) Only Hopi descendants.
(c) Only Fog Clan descendants.
(d) Only Bitter Water descendants.
11. How was the person inside the missing vehicle killed?
12. While Chee is waiting to talk to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading post, what are the three women in front of the store talking about?
(c) Navajo traditions.
(d) Hopi folklore.
13. How old is Lomatewa?
14. What color is the missing vehicle?
(b) Dark blue.
(d) Dark green.
15. How much does the dead pilot's attorney offer to pay Chee for investigating the plane crash?
(a) $20 per hour.
(b) $100 per hour.
(c) $40 per hour.
(d) $80 per hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the night the Cessna crashes, who is scheduled to meet the plane when it lands?
2. How large is the Burnt Water Quadrangle that Chee is searching?
3. What name does Dashee go by when being addressed by his family members?
4. With what group did the dead pilot used to fly?
5. According to Chee, what do the Navajo's not have a word for in their language?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)