|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the missing vehicle?
(a) Dark green.
(c) Dark blue.
2. What agency is Johnson with?
(a) THe Navajo Police.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The Hopi Police.
(d) The CIA.
3. According to Chee, what do the Navajo's not have a word for in their language?
4. Two people emerge from the car that drives to the crash site as Chee is looking for answers. What is the man's name?
(a) T.L. Johnson.
(b) Albert Gorman.
(c) Ben Gaines.
(d) Jake West.
5. When Chee finds the missing vehicle, it has already been searched. Who does Chee believe already searched the vehicle?
(a) The DEA.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Hopi.
6. According to Chee, how many men searched the possible exit arroyos out of the wash for the missing vehicle?
7. How many grandchildren does Lomatewa have?
8. When Chee finally finds the missing vehicle, what kind of car is it?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Chevy.
(c) A GMC.
(d) A Toyota.
9. According to what the woman who emerges from the car has been told, who saw the plane crash?
(a) Albert Gorman.
(b) Jim Chee.
(c) T.L. Johnson.
(d) Ben Gaines.
10. Who is Albert Lomatewa?
(a) The Rabbi.
(b) The Messenger.
(c) The Seer.
(d) The Avenger.
11. How long does Chee explore the crash site looking for answers before he hears a car approaching?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Forty minutes.
12. When Chee awakens in the arroyo and the man is nearby, where is Chee's rifle?
(a) In Chee's hand.
(b) In the truck.
(c) Under Chee's pillow.
(d) In the trailer.
13. Who is nicknamed Ironfingers?
(a) Joseph Musket.
(b) Jake West.
(c) Cowboy Dashee.
(d) Jim Chee.
14. What is Jerry Jansen's occupation?
15. What light source does Chee use to study the geological survey map after it becomes too dark to search the quadrangle?
(b) Battery lanterns.
(c) His truck headlights.
(d) His flashlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prime suspect in the Burnt Water Trading Post burglary?
2. Just before Chee falls asleep after returning from Lomatewa's, Chee makes a phone call. Who does Chee call?
3. According to the conversation at the Burnt Water Trading Post, when a woman shot a dog with her .22, what did the dog turn into?
4. About how far from the practice landing site does the plane attempt to land the night it crashes?
5. How many lights are used to mark the plane's "landing" site?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)