|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who now has the pain in the body part which Roland had been carrying for a time, but it is now in the proper body?
2. What does Patrick use to create a paste with his blood in order to draw the eyes of the Crimson King in the picture?
3. Who hears a horn when they are entering the tower, a horn they thought they had lost many years before in a battle?
4. Who pulls the cart as the characters get closer and closer to the Dark Tower?
5. Roland wishes that King would die instead of __________ when he sees the unplanned event that happens.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the picture that Roland tries to destroy at the start of this section of the story?
2. Why doesn't Roland's hip hurt him anymore during this part of the story as it once did?
3. What does Susannah do in order to stop the monster who is chasing them during this part of the story?
4. What does Jake end up doing in order to get the man to slow down, the one who is suposed to hit Stephen King?
5. Why does the storeowner run when he sees Roland enter his store during this part of the story?
6. What does Bill make for Susannah and for Patrick during this section of the story as they continue to travel?
7. What does the Crimson King do when he sees Roland and Patrick approaching the Dark Tower?
8. What do Susannah and Roland do in order to increase their chances of survival in the cold weather?
9. What happens when the men use the eraser on the picture of the Crimson King?
10. What does Roland gain in the end when he walks through the door which has his name on it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Susannah has a dream about a warning that involves Dandelo, according to the book's content.
Part 1: Why do you think that Susannah has this dream about Dandelo?
Part 2: Do you think that dreams are meant to be taken seriously? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a person should respond to a dream which seems to include a warning?
Essay Topic 2
A few of the characters in this book, Susannah and Roland, have been raped by demons in order to further the cause of evil.
Part 1: Why do you think King decided to have the imagery of the rape of a person by a demon?
Part 2: What do you think the purpose of the rapes might have been or has been seen to be in the story?
Part 3: Do you think the King might have used the idea of rape as a way to show the evil in the demons or was the rape action unnecessary?
Essay Topic 3
The Tower might also be seen as a symbol of the things a person does not want to admit about themselves.
Part 1: How do you interpret the Tower and its symbology?
Part 2: Choose two characters and define what the Tower means to each of them.
Part 3: Why do you think the Tower was chosen as the main focus of this series of stories?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)