|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who also dreams of Jake and Eddie warning about a person or a figure named Dandelo?
2. What does Roland carry Susannah in so that she can move easily from one place to another?
3. __________ won't eat anything that Roland cooks, and Roland begins to fear this character will starve themselves to death.
4. The jolly man says that he has never head of Empathica, but that he has heard of ____________________.
5. What sort of statue is right across the street from the building Roland is going to enter in order to get more answers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mordred decides to eavesdrop on the group in order to find out more about their plans, listening in for a long time.
Part 1: Why do you think Mordred is worried about the plans of the group of characters?
Part 2: Do you think that Mordred is a very smart person/spirit?
Part 3: How do you think Mordred could have found out about the plans of the group without having to eavesdrop?
Essay Topic 2
Susannah Dean has done things which seem to show that she has a split personality, causing her to turn to the dark side to help the Crimson King.
Part 1: Do you agree that Susannah actually has a split personality?
Part 2: Why do you think that Susannah is targeted to be a helped for the less than good side?
Part 3: Do you think a person who turns bad is always bad or do they always have a chance to mend their ways?
Essay Topic 3
A few of the characters in this book, Susannah and Roland, have been raped by demons in order to further the cause of evil.
Part 1: Why do you think King decided to have the imagery of the rape of a person by a demon?
Part 2: What do you think the purpose of the rapes might have been or has been seen to be in the story?
Part 3: Do you think the King might have used the idea of rape as a way to show the evil in the demons or was the rape action unnecessary?
This section contains 1,752 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)