|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the jolly man that the travelers meet when they are in a village near Tower Road and Odd's Lane?
2. Susannah tells Roland she has been dreaming of a/an ______________ door and the Eddie and Jake want her to find it.
3. When the travelers get to the castle of the Crimson King, they are greeted with a _______ that acknowledges their presence.
4. Why do they have so many troubles moving around in the space beneath Fedic?
5. Susannah dreams of Eddie again, looking at a door labeled The _________________, according to the descriptions in the story.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Susannah begins to laugh too hard when Joe Collins is showing them a comic routine?
2. Why does the storeowner run when he sees Roland enter his store during this part of the story?
3. What is the purpose of Stuttering Bill, according to Joe Collins, who Eddie and Jake meet in New York?
4. What happens when the men use the eraser on the picture of the Crimson King?
5. What does Susannah find is happening to Roland when she leaves the bathroom after finding the note?
6. What does Susannah believe is a lie in order to protect her from the idea that she will need to die in order to allow Roland to reach the tower?
7. Why doesn't Roland's hip hurt him anymore during this part of the story as it once did?
8. What happens when Patrick draws Susannah and then erases the sore she has in her mouth from the picture?
9. What do Susannah and Roland do in order to increase their chances of survival in the cold weather?
10. What does Roland gain in the end when he walks through the door which has his name on it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Susannah has a dream about a warning that involves Dandelo, according to the book's content.
Part 1: Why do you think that Susannah has this dream about Dandelo?
Part 2: Do you think that dreams are meant to be taken seriously? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a person should respond to a dream which seems to include a warning?
Essay Topic 2
With many of the characters, it seems that paranoia is something which impacts all they do - from security systems, to an overall sense of mistrust.
Part 1: Why do you think so many characters are less than likely to trust others in their life?
Part 2: Do you think that paranoia ever serves a purpose or does it just hinder the sight of others?
Part 3: How do you think a person can be careful without being paranoid?
Essay Topic 3
Some of the characters know of the accident that Stephen King is going to have and they set out to stop it from happening.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to change future events? Why or why not?
Part 2: If you could change the future or the past, would you? Support your answer.
Part 3: How do you think the characters believe that King not getting into the accident will help them?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)