|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Tassenbaum leave a note for before they continue on to a hotel between Maine and New York City?
2. What was the jolly man's profession when he was living in America, according to the story?
3. During a dream, where does Susannah picture Jake and Eddie, according to this section of the story?
4. Roland and Patrick come across a ____________ that is singing, which Patrick draws in order to show Susannah.
5. Who finds themselves weeping more often as the journey continues throughout the book, according to this section?
Essay Topic 1
With many of the characters, it seems that paranoia is something which impacts all they do - from security systems, to an overall sense of mistrust.
Part 1: Why do you think so many characters are less than likely to trust others in their life?
Part 2: Do you think that paranoia ever serves a purpose or does it just hinder the sight of others?
Part 3: How do you think a person can be careful without being paranoid?
Essay Topic 2
A few of the characters in this book, Susannah and Roland, have been raped by demons in order to further the cause of evil.
Part 1: Why do you think King decided to have the imagery of the rape of a person by a demon?
Part 2: What do you think the purpose of the rapes might have been or has been seen to be in the story?
Part 3: Do you think the King might have used the idea of rape as a way to show the evil in the demons or was the rape action unnecessary?
Essay Topic 3
In this story, many people can read the minds of others, causing some characters to be found out for what they are and what they are planning to do.
Part 1: Do you think that mind reading is something that you would want to do?
Part 2: How might your actions change if you knew anyone could read your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that mind reading is something that King decided to include in this series?
This section contains 1,750 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)