|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color of the horse that Mordred is standing over in the painting of him standing over Arthur's horse?
2. Susannah tells Roland she has been dreaming of a/an ______________ door and the Eddie and Jake want her to find it.
3. Oy tells Roland that _________ sent a message to Roland to watch for Dandelo when he is traveling.
4. Who decides they want to stay with Roland as opposed to going on the journey with Susannah, according to the story?
5. Who does Mrs. Tassenbaum leave a note for before they continue on to a hotel between Maine and New York City?
Essay Topic 1
A few of the characters in this book, Susannah and Roland, have been raped by demons in order to further the cause of evil.
Part 1: Why do you think King decided to have the imagery of the rape of a person by a demon?
Part 2: What do you think the purpose of the rapes might have been or has been seen to be in the story?
Part 3: Do you think the King might have used the idea of rape as a way to show the evil in the demons or was the rape action unnecessary?
Essay Topic 2
Walter decides to help Mordred in order to get into the tower, and Mordred is understandably suspicious of this choice.
Part 1: Do you think that Walter made the right decision in how to enter the tower?
Part 2: Do you think that you would try to be close to someone with so much evil power?
Part 3: How do you think Walter believes he can keep himself safe from the evil?
Essay Topic 3
Fiamalo is able to change into a different person when he chooses to do so, turning into an old man when the others are killed.
Part 1: Why do you think Fimalo decides to turn into an old main in the story?
Part 2: Do you think it would be helpful to be able to turn into another person at will?
Part 3: How do you think you would change your life if you knew you could change into another person at will?
This section contains 1,763 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)