|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides they want to stay with Roland as opposed to going on the journey with Susannah, according to the story?
2. Oy tells Roland that _________ sent a message to Roland to watch for Dandelo when he is traveling.
3. Who does Mrs. Tassenbaum leave a note for before they continue on to a hotel between Maine and New York City?
4. Susannah dreams of Eddie again, looking at a door labeled The _________________, according to the descriptions in the story.
5. What fails Roland as he tries to make sure that he can save Stephen King during the accident about to happen?
Essay Topic 1
The characters in the story seem to realize that the author of this story might have left things for them to use as they are going along.
Part 1: Why do you think that King decided to insert himself in the story?
Part 2: How do you think the characters figured out that King was the author of the story and was able to help them?
Part 3: What would you do if you realized that someone was writing the story of your life? Would you try to change it?
Essay Topic 2
With many of the characters, it seems that paranoia is something which impacts all they do - from security systems, to an overall sense of mistrust.
Part 1: Why do you think so many characters are less than likely to trust others in their life?
Part 2: Do you think that paranoia ever serves a purpose or does it just hinder the sight of others?
Part 3: How do you think a person can be careful without being paranoid?
Essay Topic 3
Sheemie decides to hide in his room when the fighting is going on, something that seems to be a cowardly way to approach the tension.
Part 1: Do you think of the Sheemie character as being a very strong person?
Part 2: Do you think you would hide in another room if you heard that fighting was happening?
Part 3: How do you think a person should deal with fighting when they hear it, but are not a part of the argument?
This section contains 1,768 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)