|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the jolly man's profession when he was living in America, according to the story?
2. Oy tells Roland that _________ sent a message to Roland to watch for Dandelo when he is traveling.
3. Roland and Patrick come across a ____________ that is singing, which Patrick draws in order to show Susannah.
4. What is the last name of Eddie when she meets him again in the end of the book, as is found out when he introduces his brother Jake?
5. Jake tells Roland that he needs to see the ____________ in order to change the way that things are happening in the other world.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Susannah believe is a lie in order to protect her from the idea that she will need to die in order to allow Roland to reach the tower?
2. What does Susannah find is happening to Roland when she leaves the bathroom after finding the note?
3. What does the Crimson King do when he sees Roland and Patrick approaching the Dark Tower?
4. What happens when the men use the eraser on the picture of the Crimson King?
5. What happens when Susannah begins to laugh too hard when Joe Collins is showing them a comic routine?
6. What does Jake end up doing in order to get the man to slow down, the one who is suposed to hit Stephen King?
7. What does Nancy tell Roland to do in relation to finding the information he needs?
8. What do Roland, Jake, and Oy do in order to get to the place where Stephen King is supposed to have his accident?
9. What does Susannah find she is doing more and more as they continue to travel in this story?
10. What is the picture that Roland tries to destroy at the start of this section of the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Tower might also be seen as a symbol of the things a person does not want to admit about themselves.
Part 1: How do you interpret the Tower and its symbology?
Part 2: Choose two characters and define what the Tower means to each of them.
Part 3: Why do you think the Tower was chosen as the main focus of this series of stories?
Essay Topic 2
Roland tells Moses and Marian that stopping the Breakers was a means for him to get to the Tower.
Part 1: Do you think that Roland made the right choice in stopping the Breakers?
Part 2: Do you think you would have revealed this fact to Moses and to Marian if you were in Roland's shoes?
Part 3: How do you think Roland also might have been able to get to the Tower?
Essay Topic 3
Roland tells King that things are going badly for them because King is not writing the story anymore and he gets King to promise to finish the story.
Part 1: Do you think Roland has the right to tell King what to do about the story?
Part 2: Do you agree that the events in the story itself are the result of King as the character in the story who doesn't write?
Part 3: If you were able to do so, would you tell an author to rewrite their story for you?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)