|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the jolly man that the travelers meet when they are in a village near Tower Road and Odd's Lane?
2. The jolly man has a robot named _________ Bill who he uses in order to clean his home, according to the story.
3. What does the driver of the van's dog get into which makes the driver not watch the road and hit King?
4. The world that Susannah enters again is not the main or the ____________ World, but she thinks it will do anyway.
5. What does Susannah throw away since it will never work anymore once she is back in Central Park?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Patrick draws Susannah and then erases the sore she has in her mouth from the picture?
2. What does Jake end up doing in order to get the man to slow down, the one who is suposed to hit Stephen King?
3. Why does the storeowner run when he sees Roland enter his store during this part of the story?
4. What is the purpose of Stuttering Bill, according to Joe Collins, who Eddie and Jake meet in New York?
5. What is the picture that Roland tries to destroy at the start of this section of the story?
6. Why doesn't Roland's hip hurt him anymore during this part of the story as it once did?
7. What do Susannah and Roland do in order to increase their chances of survival in the cold weather?
8. What does Susannah find she is doing more and more as they continue to travel in this story?
9. What happens to distract Smith from seeing the road and from seeing King when he is walking in the road?
10. What does Bill make for Susannah and for Patrick during this section of the story as they continue to travel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fiamalo is able to change into a different person when he chooses to do so, turning into an old man when the others are killed.
Part 1: Why do you think Fimalo decides to turn into an old main in the story?
Part 2: Do you think it would be helpful to be able to turn into another person at will?
Part 3: How do you think you would change your life if you knew you could change into another person at will?
Essay Topic 2
Mordred is another character who tries to get into the thoughts of those around him, so others wear hoods to protect themselves.
Part 1: Why do you think it's important to find out the thoughts of others in the story?
Part 2: Do you think that you would want to be able to read the thoughts of others?
Part 3: How do you think you would live your life if you realized today that you were able to read the thoughts of others?
Essay Topic 3
Roland tells King that things are going badly for them because King is not writing the story anymore and he gets King to promise to finish the story.
Part 1: Do you think Roland has the right to tell King what to do about the story?
Part 2: Do you agree that the events in the story itself are the result of King as the character in the story who doesn't write?
Part 3: If you were able to do so, would you tell an author to rewrite their story for you?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)