|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The jolly man has a robot named _________ Bill who he uses in order to clean his home, according to the story.
2. What does Susannah ask Patrick to draw so that she can continue on her quest, though he does not want to go with her?
3. Who decides they want to stay with Roland as opposed to going on the journey with Susannah, according to the story?
4. What sort of statue is right across the street from the building Roland is going to enter in order to get more answers?
5. Who gets Stephen King to promise to finish the Dark Tower series in order to help the characters out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jake end up doing in order to get the man to slow down, the one who is suposed to hit Stephen King?
2. What happens when Susannah begins to laugh too hard when Joe Collins is showing them a comic routine?
3. What do Susannah and Roland do in order to increase their chances of survival in the cold weather?
4. What does the Crimson King do when he sees Roland and Patrick approaching the Dark Tower?
5. What does Susannah do in order to stop the monster who is chasing them during this part of the story?
6. What does Susannah believe is a lie in order to protect her from the idea that she will need to die in order to allow Roland to reach the tower?
7. Describe the position of the rose as Roland experiences it when he goes to the Tet Corporation.
8. What does Nancy tell Roland to do in relation to finding the information he needs?
9. What happens when Patrick begins to draw after the scuffle which takes place with Mordred?
10. What happens to distract Smith from seeing the road and from seeing King when he is walking in the road?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A few of the characters in this book, Susannah and Roland, have been raped by demons in order to further the cause of evil.
Part 1: Why do you think King decided to have the imagery of the rape of a person by a demon?
Part 2: What do you think the purpose of the rapes might have been or has been seen to be in the story?
Part 3: Do you think the King might have used the idea of rape as a way to show the evil in the demons or was the rape action unnecessary?
Essay Topic 2
In this story, many people can read the minds of others, causing some characters to be found out for what they are and what they are planning to do.
Part 1: Do you think that mind reading is something that you would want to do?
Part 2: How might your actions change if you knew anyone could read your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that mind reading is something that King decided to include in this series?
Essay Topic 3
Some of the characters know of the accident that Stephen King is going to have and they set out to stop it from happening.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to change future events? Why or why not?
Part 2: If you could change the future or the past, would you? Support your answer.
Part 3: How do you think the characters believe that King not getting into the accident will help them?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)