|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who also dreams of Jake and Eddie warning about a person or a figure named Dandelo?
2. Roland and Patrick come across a ____________ that is singing, which Patrick draws in order to show Susannah.
3. Who has saved the travelers with the note, since they had already saved this person's life?
4. The jolly man says that he has never head of Empathica, but that he has heard of ____________________.
5. What does Susannah find in the bathroom which alerts her to something being wrong with the jolly man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the three men who greet the travelers when they reach the door of the castle.
2. What does Jake end up doing in order to get the man to slow down, the one who is suposed to hit Stephen King?
3. What does Susannah find she is doing more and more as they continue to travel in this story?
4. Why does the storeowner run when he sees Roland enter his store during this part of the story?
5. What is the picture that Roland tries to destroy at the start of this section of the story?
6. What happens when Patrick draws Susannah and then erases the sore she has in her mouth from the picture?
7. What happens when Susannah begins to laugh too hard when Joe Collins is showing them a comic routine?
8. What does Roland ask Patrick to do, even though Patrick says that this will be a difficult task to do?
9. What does Nancy tell Roland to do in relation to finding the information he needs?
10. What does Bill make for Susannah and for Patrick during this section of the story as they continue to travel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mordred decides to eavesdrop on the group in order to find out more about their plans, listening in for a long time.
Part 1: Why do you think Mordred is worried about the plans of the group of characters?
Part 2: Do you think that Mordred is a very smart person/spirit?
Part 3: How do you think Mordred could have found out about the plans of the group without having to eavesdrop?
Essay Topic 2
In this story, many people can read the minds of others, causing some characters to be found out for what they are and what they are planning to do.
Part 1: Do you think that mind reading is something that you would want to do?
Part 2: How might your actions change if you knew anyone could read your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that mind reading is something that King decided to include in this series?
Essay Topic 3
Mordred is another character who tries to get into the thoughts of those around him, so others wear hoods to protect themselves.
Part 1: Why do you think it's important to find out the thoughts of others in the story?
Part 2: Do you think that you would want to be able to read the thoughts of others?
Part 3: How do you think you would live your life if you realized today that you were able to read the thoughts of others?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)