|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Tassenbaum leave a note for before they continue on to a hotel between Maine and New York City?
2. Who is the man that is going to hit Stephen King with his van if the characters can not stop the events from happening?
3. What is the main complaint of all of the travelers, including Mordred?
4. How old is Mordred now at this point of the story, according to the descriptions given?
5. Roland decides to take the ___________ from Patrick as he wants to make sure that it will last when it is needed.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Crimson King do when he sees Roland and Patrick approaching the Dark Tower?
2. What does Susannah do in order to stop the monster who is chasing them during this part of the story?
3. What does Susannah find is happening to Roland when she leaves the bathroom after finding the note?
4. What happens to distract Smith from seeing the road and from seeing King when he is walking in the road?
5. What do Roland, Jake, and Oy do in order to get to the place where Stephen King is supposed to have his accident?
6. What happens when Patrick draws Susannah and then erases the sore she has in her mouth from the picture?
7. What happens when Patrick begins to draw after the scuffle which takes place with Mordred?
8. Why doesn't Roland's hip hurt him anymore during this part of the story as it once did?
9. What is the picture that Roland tries to destroy at the start of this section of the story?
10. What does Nancy tell Roland to do in relation to finding the information he needs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Walter decides to help Mordred in order to get into the tower, and Mordred is understandably suspicious of this choice.
Part 1: Do you think that Walter made the right decision in how to enter the tower?
Part 2: Do you think that you would try to be close to someone with so much evil power?
Part 3: How do you think Walter believes he can keep himself safe from the evil?
Essay Topic 2
Susannah has a dream about a warning that involves Dandelo, according to the book's content.
Part 1: Why do you think that Susannah has this dream about Dandelo?
Part 2: Do you think that dreams are meant to be taken seriously? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a person should respond to a dream which seems to include a warning?
Essay Topic 3
Some of the characters know of the accident that Stephen King is going to have and they set out to stop it from happening.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to change future events? Why or why not?
Part 2: If you could change the future or the past, would you? Support your answer.
Part 3: How do you think the characters believe that King not getting into the accident will help them?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)