|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets Stephen King to promise to finish the Dark Tower series in order to help the characters out?
2. Roland decides to take the ___________ from Patrick as he wants to make sure that it will last when it is needed.
3. What does Roland say they probably won't find more of since the Crimson King has ruined the land?
4. What does the driver of the van's dog get into which makes the driver not watch the road and hit King?
5. What do Roland and Susannah stock up on in order to continue on their journey in a healthy way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Roland, Jake, and Oy do in order to get to the place where Stephen King is supposed to have his accident?
2. Describe the three men who greet the travelers when they reach the door of the castle.
3. What does Bill make for Susannah and for Patrick during this section of the story as they continue to travel?
4. What does Nancy tell Roland to do in relation to finding the information he needs?
5. What happens when Patrick draws Susannah and then erases the sore she has in her mouth from the picture?
6. What happens when Susannah begins to laugh too hard when Joe Collins is showing them a comic routine?
7. Why does the storeowner run when he sees Roland enter his store during this part of the story?
8. What does Susannah believe is a lie in order to protect her from the idea that she will need to die in order to allow Roland to reach the tower?
9. Why doesn't Roland's hip hurt him anymore during this part of the story as it once did?
10. What does Roland ask Patrick to do, even though Patrick says that this will be a difficult task to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A few of the characters in this book, Susannah and Roland, have been raped by demons in order to further the cause of evil.
Part 1: Why do you think King decided to have the imagery of the rape of a person by a demon?
Part 2: What do you think the purpose of the rapes might have been or has been seen to be in the story?
Part 3: Do you think the King might have used the idea of rape as a way to show the evil in the demons or was the rape action unnecessary?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in the story seem to realize that the author of this story might have left things for them to use as they are going along.
Part 1: Why do you think that King decided to insert himself in the story?
Part 2: How do you think the characters figured out that King was the author of the story and was able to help them?
Part 3: What would you do if you realized that someone was writing the story of your life? Would you try to change it?
Essay Topic 3
Jake shakes off the people who are trying to get into his head, pushing away the psychic entry.
Part 1: Why do you think it's possible for Jake to push away the psychic attacks?
Part 2: How do you think you might handle someone trying to push into your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that the vampires and other characters want to hurt Jake during this part of the story?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)