|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the door Susannah, Oy, and Roland are looking for lead to, according to the text in the story?
2. What was the jolly man's profession when he was living in America, according to the story?
3. What does Roland say they probably won't find more of since the Crimson King has ruined the land?
4. Who calls out to the king, mocking him for missing them with the sneetches when they first approached the tower, unguarded?
5. What is Bill supposed to do if he should encounter Mordred on his way back, according to the text in the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roland gain in the end when he walks through the door which has his name on it?
2. What happens when Patrick draws Susannah and then erases the sore she has in her mouth from the picture?
3. What is the picture that Roland tries to destroy at the start of this section of the story?
4. What does Susannah find is happening to Roland when she leaves the bathroom after finding the note?
5. What does Susannah find she is doing more and more as they continue to travel in this story?
6. What does Susannah do in order to stop the monster who is chasing them during this part of the story?
7. What does Bill make for Susannah and for Patrick during this section of the story as they continue to travel?
8. What happens when Patrick begins to draw after the scuffle which takes place with Mordred?
9. What does Susannah feel when she is traveling to Fedic on the train at the start of this section of the book?
10. What happens when the men use the eraser on the picture of the Crimson King?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jake shakes off the people who are trying to get into his head, pushing away the psychic entry.
Part 1: Why do you think it's possible for Jake to push away the psychic attacks?
Part 2: How do you think you might handle someone trying to push into your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that the vampires and other characters want to hurt Jake during this part of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Killing others seems to be a part of the deal when it comes to fighting evil, as Eddie kills Frank and Eddie is shot in the head by Pimli.
Part 1: Is killing always necessary when fighting evil?
Part 2: What do you think might have happened in this story had no one one been able to kill anyone else?
Part 3: Are you supportive of killing to protect one's self? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The psychic link between Susannah and Mia allows Susannah to find out that Mia has agreed to help in any way that she can.
Part 1: Do you believe that a psychic link is possible in real life?
Part 2: How else might you use a psychic link if you were a part of the story?
Part 3: Why do you think that Mia decides that she wants to help Susannah during this story?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)