|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of statue is right across the street from the building Roland is going to enter in order to get more answers?
2. Jake tells Roland that he needs to see the ____________ in order to change the way that things are happening in the other world.
3. What does Susannah have Patrick erase from the picture to see if it's his drawing which can cause changes in this world?
4. How does the jolly man prove to the travelers that he has been to the Dark Tower before?
5. Where does Susannah travel to on the train at the start of this section of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Patrick draws Susannah and then erases the sore she has in her mouth from the picture?
2. What happens to distract Smith from seeing the road and from seeing King when he is walking in the road?
3. What does Bill make for Susannah and for Patrick during this section of the story as they continue to travel?
4. Why doesn't Roland's hip hurt him anymore during this part of the story as it once did?
5. What happens when the men use the eraser on the picture of the Crimson King?
6. What does Susannah feel when she is traveling to Fedic on the train at the start of this section of the book?
7. Describe the three men who greet the travelers when they reach the door of the castle.
8. What does Nancy tell Roland to do in relation to finding the information he needs?
9. What happens when Patrick begins to draw after the scuffle which takes place with Mordred?
10. What happens when Susannah begins to laugh too hard when Joe Collins is showing them a comic routine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in the story seem to realize that the author of this story might have left things for them to use as they are going along.
Part 1: Why do you think that King decided to insert himself in the story?
Part 2: How do you think the characters figured out that King was the author of the story and was able to help them?
Part 3: What would you do if you realized that someone was writing the story of your life? Would you try to change it?
Essay Topic 2
Eddie tells Roland they can't leave for Lowell since their business in the world is not completed yet.
Part 1: Why do you think that Eddie is so determined to finish their business in the current world?
Part 2: Do you think it's more important for the characters to go to Lowell at this point in the story?
Part 3: How do you think both characters could be made happy in this situation? Is it possible?
Essay Topic 3
Fear causes many of the characters in this story to be extra careful in all that they do. For example, Finli encourages them to increase their guards to prevent problems.
Part 1: Does fear allow a person to make the best decision possible for themselves and for others?
Part 2: How do you think that fear could cloud the thinking of a person in the midst of a dangerous situation?
Part 3: Why do you think fear is something that a character in this story might need to have as a basic emotion and state of mind?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)