|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the jolly man's profession when he was living in America, according to the story?
2. Who is the jolly man that the travelers meet when they are in a village near Tower Road and Odd's Lane?
3. Roland says that stopping the _____________ was a means to an end in order for him to reach the tower.
4. __________ won't eat anything that Roland cooks, and Roland begins to fear this character will starve themselves to death.
5. Who asks if they will have to die in order for Roland to reach the Dark Tower?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Susannah believe is a lie in order to protect her from the idea that she will need to die in order to allow Roland to reach the tower?
2. What happens when Patrick draws Susannah and then erases the sore she has in her mouth from the picture?
3. What happens to distract Smith from seeing the road and from seeing King when he is walking in the road?
4. What happens when Patrick begins to draw after the scuffle which takes place with Mordred?
5. What does Susannah find she is doing more and more as they continue to travel in this story?
6. What does Bill make for Susannah and for Patrick during this section of the story as they continue to travel?
7. What does Susannah do in order to stop the monster who is chasing them during this part of the story?
8. What do Susannah and Roland do in order to increase their chances of survival in the cold weather?
9. What happens when the men use the eraser on the picture of the Crimson King?
10. What does Roland ask Patrick to do, even though Patrick says that this will be a difficult task to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jake shakes off the people who are trying to get into his head, pushing away the psychic entry.
Part 1: Why do you think it's possible for Jake to push away the psychic attacks?
Part 2: How do you think you might handle someone trying to push into your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that the vampires and other characters want to hurt Jake during this part of the story?
Essay Topic 2
With many of the characters, it seems that paranoia is something which impacts all they do - from security systems, to an overall sense of mistrust.
Part 1: Why do you think so many characters are less than likely to trust others in their life?
Part 2: Do you think that paranoia ever serves a purpose or does it just hinder the sight of others?
Part 3: How do you think a person can be careful without being paranoid?
Essay Topic 3
Susannah has a dream about a warning that involves Dandelo, according to the book's content.
Part 1: Why do you think that Susannah has this dream about Dandelo?
Part 2: Do you think that dreams are meant to be taken seriously? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a person should respond to a dream which seems to include a warning?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)