|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Roland, Jake, and Oy sitting outside at the start of this section of the book?
2. Who pulls the cart as the characters get closer and closer to the Dark Tower?
3. Who now has the pain in the body part which Roland had been carrying for a time, but it is now in the proper body?
4. Who has saved the travelers with the note, since they had already saved this person's life?
5. __________ won't eat anything that Roland cooks, and Roland begins to fear this character will starve themselves to death.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to distract Smith from seeing the road and from seeing King when he is walking in the road?
2. What does Susannah feel when she is traveling to Fedic on the train at the start of this section of the book?
3. Describe the three men who greet the travelers when they reach the door of the castle.
4. What does Nancy tell Roland to do in relation to finding the information he needs?
5. What happens when Susannah begins to laugh too hard when Joe Collins is showing them a comic routine?
6. What does Susannah find is happening to Roland when she leaves the bathroom after finding the note?
7. What is the purpose of Stuttering Bill, according to Joe Collins, who Eddie and Jake meet in New York?
8. What does Susannah find she is doing more and more as they continue to travel in this story?
9. What does Jake end up doing in order to get the man to slow down, the one who is suposed to hit Stephen King?
10. What does Susannah believe is a lie in order to protect her from the idea that she will need to die in order to allow Roland to reach the tower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A few of the characters in this book, Susannah and Roland, have been raped by demons in order to further the cause of evil.
Part 1: Why do you think King decided to have the imagery of the rape of a person by a demon?
Part 2: What do you think the purpose of the rapes might have been or has been seen to be in the story?
Part 3: Do you think the King might have used the idea of rape as a way to show the evil in the demons or was the rape action unnecessary?
Essay Topic 2
Sheemie decides to hide in his room when the fighting is going on, something that seems to be a cowardly way to approach the tension.
Part 1: Do you think of the Sheemie character as being a very strong person?
Part 2: Do you think you would hide in another room if you heard that fighting was happening?
Part 3: How do you think a person should deal with fighting when they hear it, but are not a part of the argument?
Essay Topic 3
Susannah Dean has done things which seem to show that she has a split personality, causing her to turn to the dark side to help the Crimson King.
Part 1: Do you agree that Susannah actually has a split personality?
Part 2: Why do you think that Susannah is targeted to be a helped for the less than good side?
Part 3: Do you think a person who turns bad is always bad or do they always have a chance to mend their ways?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)