|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roland hope to trap in the Crimson King's castle, if all goes according to his own plan?
2. What is the one feature of the Crimson King which Patrick says he can not get right, no matter how hard he tries?
3. Who now has the pain in the body part which Roland had been carrying for a time, but it is now in the proper body?
4. Who screams out in pain when Patrick erases the Crimson King from the picture, according to the story?
5. What does Susannah throw away since it will never work anymore once she is back in Central Park?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to distract Smith from seeing the road and from seeing King when he is walking in the road?
2. What does Roland gain in the end when he walks through the door which has his name on it?
3. Describe the three men who greet the travelers when they reach the door of the castle.
4. What does the Crimson King do when he sees Roland and Patrick approaching the Dark Tower?
5. What does Bill make for Susannah and for Patrick during this section of the story as they continue to travel?
6. Why doesn't Roland's hip hurt him anymore during this part of the story as it once did?
7. What does Susannah find is happening to Roland when she leaves the bathroom after finding the note?
8. What do Roland, Jake, and Oy do in order to get to the place where Stephen King is supposed to have his accident?
9. Why does the storeowner run when he sees Roland enter his store during this part of the story?
10. What do Susannah and Roland do in order to increase their chances of survival in the cold weather?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jake shakes off the people who are trying to get into his head, pushing away the psychic entry.
Part 1: Why do you think it's possible for Jake to push away the psychic attacks?
Part 2: How do you think you might handle someone trying to push into your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that the vampires and other characters want to hurt Jake during this part of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Roland tells Moses and Marian that stopping the Breakers was a means for him to get to the Tower.
Part 1: Do you think that Roland made the right choice in stopping the Breakers?
Part 2: Do you think you would have revealed this fact to Moses and to Marian if you were in Roland's shoes?
Part 3: How do you think Roland also might have been able to get to the Tower?
Essay Topic 3
Some of the characters know of the accident that Stephen King is going to have and they set out to stop it from happening.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to change future events? Why or why not?
Part 2: If you could change the future or the past, would you? Support your answer.
Part 3: How do you think the characters believe that King not getting into the accident will help them?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)