|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the door Susannah, Oy, and Roland are looking for lead to, according to the text in the story?
2. Roland is dragged back in time, back to the ________ to the moment when his quest became clear to him. He has made this journey before.
3. Roland believes that _______ is the last loved one who will die for him, according to this section of the story.
4. What sort of statue is right across the street from the building Roland is going to enter in order to get more answers?
5. What is the one feature of the Crimson King which Patrick says he can not get right, no matter how hard he tries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roland gain in the end when he walks through the door which has his name on it?
2. What does Susannah find is happening to Roland when she leaves the bathroom after finding the note?
3. Why does the storeowner run when he sees Roland enter his store during this part of the story?
4. What is the picture that Roland tries to destroy at the start of this section of the story?
5. Describe the three men who greet the travelers when they reach the door of the castle.
6. What happens when the men use the eraser on the picture of the Crimson King?
7. What does Roland ask Patrick to do, even though Patrick says that this will be a difficult task to do?
8. What does Nancy tell Roland to do in relation to finding the information he needs?
9. What does Susannah do in order to stop the monster who is chasing them during this part of the story?
10. What is the purpose of Stuttering Bill, according to Joe Collins, who Eddie and Jake meet in New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear causes many of the characters in this story to be extra careful in all that they do. For example, Finli encourages them to increase their guards to prevent problems.
Part 1: Does fear allow a person to make the best decision possible for themselves and for others?
Part 2: How do you think that fear could cloud the thinking of a person in the midst of a dangerous situation?
Part 3: Why do you think fear is something that a character in this story might need to have as a basic emotion and state of mind?
Essay Topic 2
With many of the characters, it seems that paranoia is something which impacts all they do - from security systems, to an overall sense of mistrust.
Part 1: Why do you think so many characters are less than likely to trust others in their life?
Part 2: Do you think that paranoia ever serves a purpose or does it just hinder the sight of others?
Part 3: How do you think a person can be careful without being paranoid?
Essay Topic 3
Jake shakes off the people who are trying to get into his head, pushing away the psychic entry.
Part 1: Why do you think it's possible for Jake to push away the psychic attacks?
Part 2: How do you think you might handle someone trying to push into your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that the vampires and other characters want to hurt Jake during this part of the story?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)