|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hears a horn when they are entering the tower, a horn they thought they had lost many years before in a battle?
2. The jolly man says that he has never head of Empathica, but that he has heard of ____________________.
3. __________ won't eat anything that Roland cooks, and Roland begins to fear this character will starve themselves to death.
4. What fails Roland as he tries to make sure that he can save Stephen King during the accident about to happen?
5. Who asks if they will have to die in order for Roland to reach the Dark Tower?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Roland's hip hurt him anymore during this part of the story as it once did?
2. What does the Crimson King do when he sees Roland and Patrick approaching the Dark Tower?
3. What does Roland ask Patrick to do, even though Patrick says that this will be a difficult task to do?
4. Why does the storeowner run when he sees Roland enter his store during this part of the story?
5. What happens when the men use the eraser on the picture of the Crimson King?
6. What does Jake end up doing in order to get the man to slow down, the one who is suposed to hit Stephen King?
7. What do Roland, Jake, and Oy do in order to get to the place where Stephen King is supposed to have his accident?
8. What is the picture that Roland tries to destroy at the start of this section of the story?
9. What happens when Patrick begins to draw after the scuffle which takes place with Mordred?
10. What does Susannah believe is a lie in order to protect her from the idea that she will need to die in order to allow Roland to reach the tower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Walter decides to help Mordred in order to get into the tower, and Mordred is understandably suspicious of this choice.
Part 1: Do you think that Walter made the right decision in how to enter the tower?
Part 2: Do you think that you would try to be close to someone with so much evil power?
Part 3: How do you think Walter believes he can keep himself safe from the evil?
Essay Topic 2
Susannah has a dream about a warning that involves Dandelo, according to the book's content.
Part 1: Why do you think that Susannah has this dream about Dandelo?
Part 2: Do you think that dreams are meant to be taken seriously? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a person should respond to a dream which seems to include a warning?
Essay Topic 3
Some of the characters know of the accident that Stephen King is going to have and they set out to stop it from happening.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to change future events? Why or why not?
Part 2: If you could change the future or the past, would you? Support your answer.
Part 3: How do you think the characters believe that King not getting into the accident will help them?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)