|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides they want to stay with Roland as opposed to going on the journey with Susannah, according to the story?
2. What is the one feature of the Crimson King which Patrick says he can not get right, no matter how hard he tries?
3. What does Patrick use to create a paste with his blood in order to draw the eyes of the Crimson King in the picture?
4. What was the jolly man's profession when he was living in America, according to the story?
5. What is the color of the horse that Mordred is standing over in the painting of him standing over Arthur's horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Susannah feel when she is traveling to Fedic on the train at the start of this section of the book?
2. What does Jake end up doing in order to get the man to slow down, the one who is suposed to hit Stephen King?
3. Why does the storeowner run when he sees Roland enter his store during this part of the story?
4. What does Susannah do in order to stop the monster who is chasing them during this part of the story?
5. Describe the three men who greet the travelers when they reach the door of the castle.
6. What does Bill make for Susannah and for Patrick during this section of the story as they continue to travel?
7. What happens when Patrick begins to draw after the scuffle which takes place with Mordred?
8. Why doesn't Roland's hip hurt him anymore during this part of the story as it once did?
9. What happens when Patrick draws Susannah and then erases the sore she has in her mouth from the picture?
10. Describe the position of the rose as Roland experiences it when he goes to the Tet Corporation.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A few of the characters in this book, Susannah and Roland, have been raped by demons in order to further the cause of evil.
Part 1: Why do you think King decided to have the imagery of the rape of a person by a demon?
Part 2: What do you think the purpose of the rapes might have been or has been seen to be in the story?
Part 3: Do you think the King might have used the idea of rape as a way to show the evil in the demons or was the rape action unnecessary?
Essay Topic 2
Susannah has a dream about a warning that involves Dandelo, according to the book's content.
Part 1: Why do you think that Susannah has this dream about Dandelo?
Part 2: Do you think that dreams are meant to be taken seriously? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a person should respond to a dream which seems to include a warning?
Essay Topic 3
Walter decides to help Mordred in order to get into the tower, and Mordred is understandably suspicious of this choice.
Part 1: Do you think that Walter made the right decision in how to enter the tower?
Part 2: Do you think that you would try to be close to someone with so much evil power?
Part 3: How do you think Walter believes he can keep himself safe from the evil?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)