|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pulls the cart as the characters get closer and closer to the Dark Tower?
2. What is the last name of Eddie when she meets him again in the end of the book, as is found out when he introduces his brother Jake?
3. Susannah tells Roland she has been dreaming of a/an ______________ door and the Eddie and Jake want her to find it.
4. What does Roland say they probably won't find more of since the Crimson King has ruined the land?
5. What do the remaining travelers test and find that it is still working just as well as it always has since Roland received it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Patrick begins to draw after the scuffle which takes place with Mordred?
2. What is the purpose of Stuttering Bill, according to Joe Collins, who Eddie and Jake meet in New York?
3. What happens when Susannah begins to laugh too hard when Joe Collins is showing them a comic routine?
4. What does Roland gain in the end when he walks through the door which has his name on it?
5. What does Susannah believe is a lie in order to protect her from the idea that she will need to die in order to allow Roland to reach the tower?
6. What does Bill make for Susannah and for Patrick during this section of the story as they continue to travel?
7. What does the Crimson King do when he sees Roland and Patrick approaching the Dark Tower?
8. What does Susannah feel when she is traveling to Fedic on the train at the start of this section of the book?
9. What do Roland, Jake, and Oy do in order to get to the place where Stephen King is supposed to have his accident?
10. What happens when the men use the eraser on the picture of the Crimson King?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In this story, many people can read the minds of others, causing some characters to be found out for what they are and what they are planning to do.
Part 1: Do you think that mind reading is something that you would want to do?
Part 2: How might your actions change if you knew anyone could read your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that mind reading is something that King decided to include in this series?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in the story seem to realize that the author of this story might have left things for them to use as they are going along.
Part 1: Why do you think that King decided to insert himself in the story?
Part 2: How do you think the characters figured out that King was the author of the story and was able to help them?
Part 3: What would you do if you realized that someone was writing the story of your life? Would you try to change it?
Essay Topic 3
With many of the characters, it seems that paranoia is something which impacts all they do - from security systems, to an overall sense of mistrust.
Part 1: Why do you think so many characters are less than likely to trust others in their life?
Part 2: Do you think that paranoia ever serves a purpose or does it just hinder the sight of others?
Part 3: How do you think a person can be careful without being paranoid?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)