|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Susannah travel to on the train at the start of this section of the book?
2. Who calls out to the king, mocking him for missing them with the sneetches when they first approached the tower, unguarded?
3. Who decides they want to stay with Roland as opposed to going on the journey with Susannah, according to the story?
4. Roland and Patrick come across a ____________ that is singing, which Patrick draws in order to show Susannah.
5. What fails Roland as he tries to make sure that he can save Stephen King during the accident about to happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Roland's hip hurt him anymore during this part of the story as it once did?
2. What happens to distract Smith from seeing the road and from seeing King when he is walking in the road?
3. What is the picture that Roland tries to destroy at the start of this section of the story?
4. What is the purpose of Stuttering Bill, according to Joe Collins, who Eddie and Jake meet in New York?
5. What does Nancy tell Roland to do in relation to finding the information he needs?
6. What do Susannah and Roland do in order to increase their chances of survival in the cold weather?
7. What does Roland ask Patrick to do, even though Patrick says that this will be a difficult task to do?
8. What does Roland gain in the end when he walks through the door which has his name on it?
9. What does Susannah find she is doing more and more as they continue to travel in this story?
10. What happens when Patrick begins to draw after the scuffle which takes place with Mordred?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jake shakes off the people who are trying to get into his head, pushing away the psychic entry.
Part 1: Why do you think it's possible for Jake to push away the psychic attacks?
Part 2: How do you think you might handle someone trying to push into your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that the vampires and other characters want to hurt Jake during this part of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Walter decides to help Mordred in order to get into the tower, and Mordred is understandably suspicious of this choice.
Part 1: Do you think that Walter made the right decision in how to enter the tower?
Part 2: Do you think that you would try to be close to someone with so much evil power?
Part 3: How do you think Walter believes he can keep himself safe from the evil?
Essay Topic 3
Susannah has a dream about a warning that involves Dandelo, according to the book's content.
Part 1: Why do you think that Susannah has this dream about Dandelo?
Part 2: Do you think that dreams are meant to be taken seriously? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a person should respond to a dream which seems to include a warning?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)