|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the jolly man's profession when he was living in America, according to the story?
2. Who also dreams of Jake and Eddie warning about a person or a figure named Dandelo?
3. Susannah tells Roland she has been dreaming of a/an ______________ door and the Eddie and Jake want her to find it.
4. What does Susannah throw away since it will never work anymore once she is back in Central Park?
5. Roland decides to take the ___________ from Patrick as he wants to make sure that it will last when it is needed.
Essay Topic 1
Walter decides to help Mordred in order to get into the tower, and Mordred is understandably suspicious of this choice.
Part 1: Do you think that Walter made the right decision in how to enter the tower?
Part 2: Do you think that you would try to be close to someone with so much evil power?
Part 3: How do you think Walter believes he can keep himself safe from the evil?
Essay Topic 2
Eddie tells Roland they can't leave for Lowell since their business in the world is not completed yet.
Part 1: Why do you think that Eddie is so determined to finish their business in the current world?
Part 2: Do you think it's more important for the characters to go to Lowell at this point in the story?
Part 3: How do you think both characters could be made happy in this situation? Is it possible?
Essay Topic 3
A few of the characters in this book, Susannah and Roland, have been raped by demons in order to further the cause of evil.
Part 1: Why do you think King decided to have the imagery of the rape of a person by a demon?
Part 2: What do you think the purpose of the rapes might have been or has been seen to be in the story?
Part 3: Do you think the King might have used the idea of rape as a way to show the evil in the demons or was the rape action unnecessary?
This section contains 1,750 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)