|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patrick use to create a paste with his blood in order to draw the eyes of the Crimson King in the picture?
2. Who asks if they will have to die in order for Roland to reach the Dark Tower?
3. What sort of animals do Roland and Susannah hunt in order to feed themselves and in order to make clothing?
4. Who begins to choke on the floor as the jolly man sucks the life out of this character?
5. Who has saved the travelers with the note, since they had already saved this person's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Susannah feel when she is traveling to Fedic on the train at the start of this section of the book?
2. What does Roland ask Patrick to do, even though Patrick says that this will be a difficult task to do?
3. What does Susannah find is happening to Roland when she leaves the bathroom after finding the note?
4. What do Susannah and Roland do in order to increase their chances of survival in the cold weather?
5. Describe the three men who greet the travelers when they reach the door of the castle.
6. What happens when Patrick draws Susannah and then erases the sore she has in her mouth from the picture?
7. What do Roland, Jake, and Oy do in order to get to the place where Stephen King is supposed to have his accident?
8. What does the Crimson King do when he sees Roland and Patrick approaching the Dark Tower?
9. What is the picture that Roland tries to destroy at the start of this section of the story?
10. What does Susannah find she is doing more and more as they continue to travel in this story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear causes many of the characters in this story to be extra careful in all that they do. For example, Finli encourages them to increase their guards to prevent problems.
Part 1: Does fear allow a person to make the best decision possible for themselves and for others?
Part 2: How do you think that fear could cloud the thinking of a person in the midst of a dangerous situation?
Part 3: Why do you think fear is something that a character in this story might need to have as a basic emotion and state of mind?
Essay Topic 2
The psychic link between Susannah and Mia allows Susannah to find out that Mia has agreed to help in any way that she can.
Part 1: Do you believe that a psychic link is possible in real life?
Part 2: How else might you use a psychic link if you were a part of the story?
Part 3: Why do you think that Mia decides that she wants to help Susannah during this story?
Essay Topic 3
In this story, many people can read the minds of others, causing some characters to be found out for what they are and what they are planning to do.
Part 1: Do you think that mind reading is something that you would want to do?
Part 2: How might your actions change if you knew anyone could read your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that mind reading is something that King decided to include in this series?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)