|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls out to the king, mocking him for missing them with the sneetches when they first approached the tower, unguarded?
2. Who is the first to notice the characters when they are approaching the Dark Tower, according to the descriptions in this section?
3. Who decides they want to stay with Roland as opposed to going on the journey with Susannah, according to the story?
4. __________ won't eat anything that Roland cooks, and Roland begins to fear this character will starve themselves to death.
5. Who begins to choke on the floor as the jolly man sucks the life out of this character?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the position of the rose as Roland experiences it when he goes to the Tet Corporation.
2. Describe the three men who greet the travelers when they reach the door of the castle.
3. What does Roland ask Patrick to do, even though Patrick says that this will be a difficult task to do?
4. What does Susannah believe is a lie in order to protect her from the idea that she will need to die in order to allow Roland to reach the tower?
5. What does the Crimson King do when he sees Roland and Patrick approaching the Dark Tower?
6. What does Susannah find is happening to Roland when she leaves the bathroom after finding the note?
7. What happens to distract Smith from seeing the road and from seeing King when he is walking in the road?
8. What does Nancy tell Roland to do in relation to finding the information he needs?
9. What does Roland gain in the end when he walks through the door which has his name on it?
10. What does Susannah find she is doing more and more as they continue to travel in this story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Killing others seems to be a part of the deal when it comes to fighting evil, as Eddie kills Frank and Eddie is shot in the head by Pimli.
Part 1: Is killing always necessary when fighting evil?
Part 2: What do you think might have happened in this story had no one one been able to kill anyone else?
Part 3: Are you supportive of killing to protect one's self? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Roland tells Moses and Marian that stopping the Breakers was a means for him to get to the Tower.
Part 1: Do you think that Roland made the right choice in stopping the Breakers?
Part 2: Do you think you would have revealed this fact to Moses and to Marian if you were in Roland's shoes?
Part 3: How do you think Roland also might have been able to get to the Tower?
Essay Topic 3
Mordred is another character who tries to get into the thoughts of those around him, so others wear hoods to protect themselves.
Part 1: Why do you think it's important to find out the thoughts of others in the story?
Part 2: Do you think that you would want to be able to read the thoughts of others?
Part 3: How do you think you would live your life if you realized today that you were able to read the thoughts of others?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)