|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oy tells Roland that _________ sent a message to Roland to watch for Dandelo when he is traveling.
2. What do Roland and Susannah stock up on in order to continue on their journey in a healthy way?
3. Who is the jolly man that the travelers meet when they are in a village near Tower Road and Odd's Lane?
4. Who asks if they will have to die in order for Roland to reach the Dark Tower?
5. What does Patrick use to create a paste with his blood in order to draw the eyes of the Crimson King in the picture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roland ask Patrick to do, even though Patrick says that this will be a difficult task to do?
2. What happens when Patrick begins to draw after the scuffle which takes place with Mordred?
3. Why does the storeowner run when he sees Roland enter his store during this part of the story?
4. Describe the three men who greet the travelers when they reach the door of the castle.
5. What do Roland, Jake, and Oy do in order to get to the place where Stephen King is supposed to have his accident?
6. What does Susannah find is happening to Roland when she leaves the bathroom after finding the note?
7. What is the picture that Roland tries to destroy at the start of this section of the story?
8. What happens when Patrick draws Susannah and then erases the sore she has in her mouth from the picture?
9. What does Roland gain in the end when he walks through the door which has his name on it?
10. What happens when Susannah begins to laugh too hard when Joe Collins is showing them a comic routine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Susannah Dean has done things which seem to show that she has a split personality, causing her to turn to the dark side to help the Crimson King.
Part 1: Do you agree that Susannah actually has a split personality?
Part 2: Why do you think that Susannah is targeted to be a helped for the less than good side?
Part 3: Do you think a person who turns bad is always bad or do they always have a chance to mend their ways?
Essay Topic 2
With many of the characters, it seems that paranoia is something which impacts all they do - from security systems, to an overall sense of mistrust.
Part 1: Why do you think so many characters are less than likely to trust others in their life?
Part 2: Do you think that paranoia ever serves a purpose or does it just hinder the sight of others?
Part 3: How do you think a person can be careful without being paranoid?
Essay Topic 3
Killing others seems to be a part of the deal when it comes to fighting evil, as Eddie kills Frank and Eddie is shot in the head by Pimli.
Part 1: Is killing always necessary when fighting evil?
Part 2: What do you think might have happened in this story had no one one been able to kill anyone else?
Part 3: Are you supportive of killing to protect one's self? Support your answer.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)