|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the daughter of Moses Carver, as Roland meets her in this section of the story?
2. What is the door Susannah, Oy, and Roland are looking for lead to, according to the text in the story?
3. Who does Mrs. Tassenbaum leave a note for before they continue on to a hotel between Maine and New York City?
4. Roland believes that _______ is the last loved one who will die for him, according to this section of the story.
5. What does Roland carry Susannah in so that she can move easily from one place to another?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to distract Smith from seeing the road and from seeing King when he is walking in the road?
2. What happens when the men use the eraser on the picture of the Crimson King?
3. Describe the three men who greet the travelers when they reach the door of the castle.
4. What is the picture that Roland tries to destroy at the start of this section of the story?
5. What do Susannah and Roland do in order to increase their chances of survival in the cold weather?
6. What does Jake end up doing in order to get the man to slow down, the one who is suposed to hit Stephen King?
7. What does the Crimson King do when he sees Roland and Patrick approaching the Dark Tower?
8. Why doesn't Roland's hip hurt him anymore during this part of the story as it once did?
9. What happens when Patrick draws Susannah and then erases the sore she has in her mouth from the picture?
10. What happens when Patrick begins to draw after the scuffle which takes place with Mordred?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Roland tells Moses and Marian that stopping the Breakers was a means for him to get to the Tower.
Part 1: Do you think that Roland made the right choice in stopping the Breakers?
Part 2: Do you think you would have revealed this fact to Moses and to Marian if you were in Roland's shoes?
Part 3: How do you think Roland also might have been able to get to the Tower?
Essay Topic 2
Mordred is another character who tries to get into the thoughts of those around him, so others wear hoods to protect themselves.
Part 1: Why do you think it's important to find out the thoughts of others in the story?
Part 2: Do you think that you would want to be able to read the thoughts of others?
Part 3: How do you think you would live your life if you realized today that you were able to read the thoughts of others?
Essay Topic 3
Jake shakes off the people who are trying to get into his head, pushing away the psychic entry.
Part 1: Why do you think it's possible for Jake to push away the psychic attacks?
Part 2: How do you think you might handle someone trying to push into your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that the vampires and other characters want to hurt Jake during this part of the story?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)