|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roland decides to take the ___________ from Patrick as he wants to make sure that it will last when it is needed.
2. The woman reveals that her relation to Nancy Deepneau is __________________ when they are walking together.
3. What is the building that Roland and Mrs. Tassenbaum are trying to find when they get to New York?
4. Who also dreams of Jake and Eddie warning about a person or a figure named Dandelo?
5. Roland wishes that King would die instead of __________ when he sees the unplanned event that happens.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Roland, Jake, and Oy do in order to get to the place where Stephen King is supposed to have his accident?
2. Describe the three men who greet the travelers when they reach the door of the castle.
3. Why does the storeowner run when he sees Roland enter his store during this part of the story?
4. What does Susannah find is happening to Roland when she leaves the bathroom after finding the note?
5. What does Susannah believe is a lie in order to protect her from the idea that she will need to die in order to allow Roland to reach the tower?
6. What happens to distract Smith from seeing the road and from seeing King when he is walking in the road?
7. What does Jake end up doing in order to get the man to slow down, the one who is suposed to hit Stephen King?
8. What happens when the men use the eraser on the picture of the Crimson King?
9. What does Roland gain in the end when he walks through the door which has his name on it?
10. Why doesn't Roland's hip hurt him anymore during this part of the story as it once did?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Susannah Dean has done things which seem to show that she has a split personality, causing her to turn to the dark side to help the Crimson King.
Part 1: Do you agree that Susannah actually has a split personality?
Part 2: Why do you think that Susannah is targeted to be a helped for the less than good side?
Part 3: Do you think a person who turns bad is always bad or do they always have a chance to mend their ways?
Essay Topic 2
Jake shakes off the people who are trying to get into his head, pushing away the psychic entry.
Part 1: Why do you think it's possible for Jake to push away the psychic attacks?
Part 2: How do you think you might handle someone trying to push into your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that the vampires and other characters want to hurt Jake during this part of the story?
Essay Topic 3
In this story, many people can read the minds of others, causing some characters to be found out for what they are and what they are planning to do.
Part 1: Do you think that mind reading is something that you would want to do?
Part 2: How might your actions change if you knew anyone could read your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that mind reading is something that King decided to include in this series?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)