|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men that capture Ted want him to do with the powers of his mind, though he ends up getting away from them?
2. What was the problem one of the low men had, which caused him to lift his protective hat and allowed Ted to read his mind?
3. Who does the motorized vehicle in the cave go to as this person need help getting around?
4. Who places a classified ad and ends up taking Ted prisoner in order to test and to examine his abilities?
5. Who begins the shooting at the guards during the planned attack and retrieval of the Breakers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with Ted encounters a mugger during his former life, according to this section of the story?
2. What do the characters learn about the transition between the worlds when they go through the door to the Thunderclap station?
3. Describe the fit that Sheemie is experiencing at the start of this section of the book, according to the manuscript.
4. What is the dream that Sheemie has, which he shares with the others during this section of the story?
5. How was the child that Mia is giving birth to conceived, according to the content of the story?
6. What is the estimate of how many more times that Sheemie will be able to teleport before it's likely that he will die?
7. What happens when Mordred is given to Mia in order to breastfeed in the story after Mordred is born?
8. What does Roland tell Sheemie they will need from him in the future, if they are successful in their plans?
9. What does Ted explain about the audiotape that he made and shares with the travelers in the story?
10. What does Susannah decide to do in order to escape from the place where Mordred and the others are keeping her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mordred decides to eavesdrop on the group in order to find out more about their plans, listening in for a long time.
Part 1: Why do you think Mordred is worried about the plans of the group of characters?
Part 2: Do you think that Mordred is a very smart person/spirit?
Part 3: How do you think Mordred could have found out about the plans of the group without having to eavesdrop?
Essay Topic 2
The Tower might also be seen as a symbol of the things a person does not want to admit about themselves.
Part 1: How do you interpret the Tower and its symbology?
Part 2: Choose two characters and define what the Tower means to each of them.
Part 3: Why do you think the Tower was chosen as the main focus of this series of stories?
Essay Topic 3
Fear causes many of the characters in this story to be extra careful in all that they do. For example, Finli encourages them to increase their guards to prevent problems.
Part 1: Does fear allow a person to make the best decision possible for themselves and for others?
Part 2: How do you think that fear could cloud the thinking of a person in the midst of a dangerous situation?
Part 3: Why do you think fear is something that a character in this story might need to have as a basic emotion and state of mind?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)