|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Susannah shoot, causing him to lose all of his sight, although he is still functional in the story?
2. Who is the gunslinger, according to the story and the introduction at the start of this particular manuscript?
3. What does Ted believe he will have to do because of his powers? He believes he will have to hide and become an ____________________.
4. When Jake says he is surprised the Breakers are still interested in breaking the beams, even though they know it's know, who tells him that he doesn't know what it's like to not fit in?
5. Finli tells Pimli that a rogue _________ robot is the thing responsible for the alarm bells going off at the door where the travelers are.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Susannah feel when she is traveling to Fedic on the train at the start of this section of the book?
2. Why does the storeowner run when he sees Roland enter his store during this part of the story?
3. What do Susannah and Roland do in order to increase their chances of survival in the cold weather?
4. What is the conclusion the people in the group seem to have about the role of the writer, Stephen King?
5. Who are the characters that are on the journey together at this point of the story?
6. What happens when Susannah begins to laugh too hard when Joe Collins is showing them a comic routine?
7. What does Susannah decide to do in order to escape from the place where Mordred and the others are keeping her?
8. What happens to Jake the future that he moves along the tunnel in order to try to find Susannah?
9. Why doesn't Roland's hip hurt him anymore during this part of the story as it once did?
10. What does Nancy tell Roland to do in relation to finding the information he needs?
Essay Topic 1
Fear causes many of the characters in this story to be extra careful in all that they do. For example, Finli encourages them to increase their guards to prevent problems.
Part 1: Does fear allow a person to make the best decision possible for themselves and for others?
Part 2: How do you think that fear could cloud the thinking of a person in the midst of a dangerous situation?
Part 3: Why do you think fear is something that a character in this story might need to have as a basic emotion and state of mind?
Essay Topic 2
Some of the characters know of the accident that Stephen King is going to have and they set out to stop it from happening.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to change future events? Why or why not?
Part 2: If you could change the future or the past, would you? Support your answer.
Part 3: How do you think the characters believe that King not getting into the accident will help them?
Essay Topic 3
The Tower might also be seen as a symbol of the things a person does not want to admit about themselves.
Part 1: How do you interpret the Tower and its symbology?
Part 2: Choose two characters and define what the Tower means to each of them.
Part 3: Why do you think the Tower was chosen as the main focus of this series of stories?
This section contains 2,204 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)