|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the travelers drink together when they are relaxing in the cave, reunited once more?
2. Who does Roland recognize to be Sheemie when he tells the mutants to come back and asks them when they will return?
3. Who give the password to get through the door to Fedic when Roland and Eddie are ready to pass through?
4. Who will not move when Mordred calls because his circuits continually break down with each passing hour?
5. Which of the characters is having a fit at the start of this section, which the other characters help him through?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the child that Mia is giving birth to conceived, according to the content of the story?
2. What does Roland do with the man who is horrible and melted looking, obviously from another world?
3. What is the dream that Sheemie has, which he shares with the others during this section of the story?
4. What is the conclusion the people in the group seem to have about the role of the writer, Stephen King?
5. What does Ted tell the group that the Weasel has which will make their actions easily visible?
6. What does Susannah reveal about the Wolves in relation to the children from the Callas?
7. What does Roland sense about Stephen King when Susannah is telling her story about her vision of King's death?
8. What does Roland tell Sheemie they will need from him in the future, if they are successful in their plans?
9. Who are the fathers of the baby, according to Susannah's recollection of the way that Mordred was conceived?
10. What happens to Sheemie when he tries to leave the room during the fighting between the guards and the travelers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Tower might also be seen as a symbol of the things a person does not want to admit about themselves.
Part 1: How do you interpret the Tower and its symbology?
Part 2: Choose two characters and define what the Tower means to each of them.
Part 3: Why do you think the Tower was chosen as the main focus of this series of stories?
Essay Topic 2
Fear causes many of the characters in this story to be extra careful in all that they do. For example, Finli encourages them to increase their guards to prevent problems.
Part 1: Does fear allow a person to make the best decision possible for themselves and for others?
Part 2: How do you think that fear could cloud the thinking of a person in the midst of a dangerous situation?
Part 3: Why do you think fear is something that a character in this story might need to have as a basic emotion and state of mind?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in the story seem to realize that the author of this story might have left things for them to use as they are going along.
Part 1: Why do you think that King decided to insert himself in the story?
Part 2: How do you think the characters figured out that King was the author of the story and was able to help them?
Part 3: What would you do if you realized that someone was writing the story of your life? Would you try to change it?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)