|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jake was a young child, he saw a movie about _____________ which is why they are appearing in the mind trap that he finds himself in.
2. What happens as Pimli and his servants are arguing? A _________ starts in the building, according to the story.
3. Who opens up a hole in order to send Jake and Roland back to America on the day that Stephen King is supposed to die?
4. Jake goes to ____________ with Dinky and they can feel that Mordred is watching them as they do so.
5. What do Finli and Pimli continue to watch for after they have checked all of their equipment to make sure things are working?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ted say is the reason why the Crimson King wants to bring down the Dark Tower?
2. What is the conclusion the people in the group seem to have about the role of the writer, Stephen King?
3. What does Susannah decide to do in order to escape from the place where Mordred and the others are keeping her?
4. What happens to Sheemie when he tries to leave the room during the fighting between the guards and the travelers?
5. What is the explanation that Finli offers as to why the Wolves didn't come back from their last expedition?
6. Why does Callahan tell Jake to go on without him during this first part of the story?
7. What is the estimate of how many more times that Sheemie will be able to teleport before it's likely that he will die?
8. What does Mia decide to tell Susannah via a psychic link with her, according to this part of the story?
9. What happens to Jake the future that he moves along the tunnel in order to try to find Susannah?
10. What do the three men tell the group of travelers when they move through the door to the Thunderclap station?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Roland tells Moses and Marian that stopping the Breakers was a means for him to get to the Tower.
Part 1: Do you think that Roland made the right choice in stopping the Breakers?
Part 2: Do you think you would have revealed this fact to Moses and to Marian if you were in Roland's shoes?
Part 3: How do you think Roland also might have been able to get to the Tower?
Essay Topic 2
Susannah Dean has done things which seem to show that she has a split personality, causing her to turn to the dark side to help the Crimson King.
Part 1: Do you agree that Susannah actually has a split personality?
Part 2: Why do you think that Susannah is targeted to be a helped for the less than good side?
Part 3: Do you think a person who turns bad is always bad or do they always have a chance to mend their ways?
Essay Topic 3
With many of the characters, it seems that paranoia is something which impacts all they do - from security systems, to an overall sense of mistrust.
Part 1: Why do you think so many characters are less than likely to trust others in their life?
Part 2: Do you think that paranoia ever serves a purpose or does it just hinder the sight of others?
Part 3: How do you think a person can be careful without being paranoid?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)