|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roland needs to have Sheemie well so they can transport back to ____________ if all goes well in the journey.
2. Who is the other father besides the Crimson King for Mordred, the baby birthed because of a demonic rape of Susannah and this other person?
3. What do Finli and Pimli continue to watch for after they have checked all of their equipment to make sure things are working?
4. Who warns Callahan to get Jake out of there, as seen in the vision that he has during the time they are driving?
5. How do the travelers find out more about the buildings on the compound adjacent to the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ted tell the group that the Weasel has which will make their actions easily visible?
2. What happens to Roland and to Eddie as they are driving along in Maine?
3. How does Callahan order the vampires to get away from him, in this first section of the story?
4. Why does Callahan tell Jake to go on without him during this first part of the story?
5. What does Susannah decide to do in order to escape from the place where Mordred and the others are keeping her?
6. What is the dream that Sheemie has, which he shares with the others during this section of the story?
7. Who are the characters that are on the journey together at this point of the story?
8. What does Roland tell Sheemie they will need from him in the future, if they are successful in their plans?
9. What does Roland sense about Stephen King when Susannah is telling her story about her vision of King's death?
10. What does Ted explain about the audiotape that he made and shares with the travelers in the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in the story seem to realize that the author of this story might have left things for them to use as they are going along.
Part 1: Why do you think that King decided to insert himself in the story?
Part 2: How do you think the characters figured out that King was the author of the story and was able to help them?
Part 3: What would you do if you realized that someone was writing the story of your life? Would you try to change it?
Essay Topic 2
Susannah Dean has done things which seem to show that she has a split personality, causing her to turn to the dark side to help the Crimson King.
Part 1: Do you agree that Susannah actually has a split personality?
Part 2: Why do you think that Susannah is targeted to be a helped for the less than good side?
Part 3: Do you think a person who turns bad is always bad or do they always have a chance to mend their ways?
Essay Topic 3
Susannah has a dream about a warning that involves Dandelo, according to the book's content.
Part 1: Why do you think that Susannah has this dream about Dandelo?
Part 2: Do you think that dreams are meant to be taken seriously? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a person should respond to a dream which seems to include a warning?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)