|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John give back to Roland and to Eddie as they begin to part ways to go on their separate missions?
2. Where do Eddie Dean and Roland meet John Cullum? According to the story, they meet him on _______________ Lane.
3. Some of the Crimson King's men are half-men and half-_________, according to this story.
4. When Jake was a young child, he saw a movie about _____________ which is why they are appearing in the mind trap that he finds himself in.
5. What was the child of Roderick, Haylis, carrying when the two people stop him, though they do not hold him for long?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the vision that Susannah remembers about Stephen King and something which is going to happen to him?
2. What happens to Sheemie when he tries to leave the room during the fighting between the guards and the travelers?
3. What happens when Mordred is given to Mia in order to breastfeed in the story after Mordred is born?
4. What does Susannah reveal about the Wolves in relation to the children from the Callas?
5. What does Roland sense about Stephen King when Susannah is telling her story about her vision of King's death?
6. What is the current status of the Breakers in the story, which is why the people in the group of characters want to save them?
7. How does Callahan order the vampires to get away from him, in this first section of the story?
8. What happens to Jake the future that he moves along the tunnel in order to try to find Susannah?
9. How was the child that Mia is giving birth to conceived, according to the content of the story?
10. What does Roland tell Sheemie they will need from him in the future, if they are successful in their plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Susannah Dean has done things which seem to show that she has a split personality, causing her to turn to the dark side to help the Crimson King.
Part 1: Do you agree that Susannah actually has a split personality?
Part 2: Why do you think that Susannah is targeted to be a helped for the less than good side?
Part 3: Do you think a person who turns bad is always bad or do they always have a chance to mend their ways?
Essay Topic 2
Roland tells King that things are going badly for them because King is not writing the story anymore and he gets King to promise to finish the story.
Part 1: Do you think Roland has the right to tell King what to do about the story?
Part 2: Do you agree that the events in the story itself are the result of King as the character in the story who doesn't write?
Part 3: If you were able to do so, would you tell an author to rewrite their story for you?
Essay Topic 3
Eddie tells Roland they can't leave for Lowell since their business in the world is not completed yet.
Part 1: Why do you think that Eddie is so determined to finish their business in the current world?
Part 2: Do you think it's more important for the characters to go to Lowell at this point in the story?
Part 3: How do you think both characters could be made happy in this situation? Is it possible?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)