|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Roland that he cannot go to Lovell until he has finished their business in the world right now?
2. Callahan orders the __________ away in the name of God and by the power of the White, though this doesn't seem to have a lot of impact on them.
3. What was the child of Roderick, Haylis, carrying when the two people stop him, though they do not hold him for long?
4. What do the travelers drink together when they are relaxing in the cave, reunited once more?
5. What does Susannah use in order to kill all of the men in the room, though she only wounds Mordred before he escapes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the child that Mia is giving birth to conceived, according to the content of the story?
2. What is the conclusion the people in the group seem to have about the role of the writer, Stephen King?
3. What do the characters learn about the transition between the worlds when they go through the door to the Thunderclap station?
4. What does Mia decide to tell Susannah via a psychic link with her, according to this part of the story?
5. What happens when Mordred is given to Mia in order to breastfeed in the story after Mordred is born?
6. What happens to Jake the future that he moves along the tunnel in order to try to find Susannah?
7. What does Ted explain about the audiotape that he made and shares with the travelers in the story?
8. What does Ted say is the reason why the Crimson King wants to bring down the Dark Tower?
9. What is the dream that Sheemie has, which he shares with the others during this section of the story?
10. What does Susannah decide to do in order to escape from the place where Mordred and the others are keeping her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Walter decides to help Mordred in order to get into the tower, and Mordred is understandably suspicious of this choice.
Part 1: Do you think that Walter made the right decision in how to enter the tower?
Part 2: Do you think that you would try to be close to someone with so much evil power?
Part 3: How do you think Walter believes he can keep himself safe from the evil?
Essay Topic 2
Some of the characters know of the accident that Stephen King is going to have and they set out to stop it from happening.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to change future events? Why or why not?
Part 2: If you could change the future or the past, would you? Support your answer.
Part 3: How do you think the characters believe that King not getting into the accident will help them?
Essay Topic 3
With many of the characters, it seems that paranoia is something which impacts all they do - from security systems, to an overall sense of mistrust.
Part 1: Why do you think so many characters are less than likely to trust others in their life?
Part 2: Do you think that paranoia ever serves a purpose or does it just hinder the sight of others?
Part 3: How do you think a person can be careful without being paranoid?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)