|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jake says he is surprised the Breakers are still interested in breaking the beams, even though they know it's know, who tells him that he doesn't know what it's like to not fit in?
2. What does Nigel tell the others he has been killing in the kitchen, which is why he has hair on his hands?
3. What does John give back to Roland and to Eddie as they begin to part ways to go on their separate missions?
4. To what college was Ted supposed to go to, but then he decided to enlist in the military services?
5. Who is one of the mobsters after the tower too that is trying to sneak around a police roadblock?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Susannah reveal about the Wolves in relation to the children from the Callas?
2. What does Susannah do in order to get the group through the door into Fedic, according to the story?
3. What is the vision that Susannah remembers about Stephen King and something which is going to happen to him?
4. What does Finli notice, which is not helping his jitteriness in this section of the story when he's with Pimli?
5. What do the three men tell the group of travelers when they move through the door to the Thunderclap station?
6. What does Roland tell Sheemie they will need from him in the future, if they are successful in their plans?
7. Describe the fit that Sheemie is experiencing at the start of this section of the book, according to the manuscript.
8. What does Ted tell the group that the Weasel has which will make their actions easily visible?
9. What happens to Sheemie when he tries to leave the room during the fighting between the guards and the travelers?
10. What does Jake suggest that he and Oy do when Jake realizes that Oy can not see the dinosaur that he sees?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jake shakes off the people who are trying to get into his head, pushing away the psychic entry.
Part 1: Why do you think it's possible for Jake to push away the psychic attacks?
Part 2: How do you think you might handle someone trying to push into your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that the vampires and other characters want to hurt Jake during this part of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Sheemie decides to hide in his room when the fighting is going on, something that seems to be a cowardly way to approach the tension.
Part 1: Do you think of the Sheemie character as being a very strong person?
Part 2: Do you think you would hide in another room if you heard that fighting was happening?
Part 3: How do you think a person should deal with fighting when they hear it, but are not a part of the argument?
Essay Topic 3
Walter decides to help Mordred in order to get into the tower, and Mordred is understandably suspicious of this choice.
Part 1: Do you think that Walter made the right decision in how to enter the tower?
Part 2: Do you think that you would try to be close to someone with so much evil power?
Part 3: How do you think Walter believes he can keep himself safe from the evil?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)