|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men discover that Haylis has planted in many of the buildings, which cause troubles for them?
2. What does Susannah see in her vision about the author of the series? That he is hit by a ______ and dies as a result.
3. Who has signed the title paper which Roland and Eddie have on them as they are trying to decide how to get back to Susannah?
4. Susannah tells Roland that __________ hates him and wants to kill him the first chance this character gets.
5. Finli suggests that they increase the __________ after the strange things which have happened and Pimli agrees.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Crimson's King's men try to kidnap Ted and take him into the world where he is now?
2. Why is Mordred angry with himself when he is just hours old and watching the characters talk about him?
3. What does Ted tell the group that the Weasel has which will make their actions easily visible?
4. What does Ted explain about the audiotape that he made and shares with the travelers in the story?
5. What happens to Jake the future that he moves along the tunnel in order to try to find Susannah?
6. What is the estimate of how many more times that Sheemie will be able to teleport before it's likely that he will die?
7. What does Roland tell Sheemie they will need from him in the future, if they are successful in their plans?
8. What does Roland do with the man who is horrible and melted looking, obviously from another world?
9. What is the explanation that Finli offers as to why the Wolves didn't come back from their last expedition?
10. What do the three men tell the group of travelers when they move through the door to the Thunderclap station?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Roland tells King that things are going badly for them because King is not writing the story anymore and he gets King to promise to finish the story.
Part 1: Do you think Roland has the right to tell King what to do about the story?
Part 2: Do you agree that the events in the story itself are the result of King as the character in the story who doesn't write?
Part 3: If you were able to do so, would you tell an author to rewrite their story for you?
Essay Topic 2
A few of the characters in this book, Susannah and Roland, have been raped by demons in order to further the cause of evil.
Part 1: Why do you think King decided to have the imagery of the rape of a person by a demon?
Part 2: What do you think the purpose of the rapes might have been or has been seen to be in the story?
Part 3: Do you think the King might have used the idea of rape as a way to show the evil in the demons or was the rape action unnecessary?
Essay Topic 3
Jake shakes off the people who are trying to get into his head, pushing away the psychic entry.
Part 1: Why do you think it's possible for Jake to push away the psychic attacks?
Part 2: How do you think you might handle someone trying to push into your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that the vampires and other characters want to hurt Jake during this part of the story?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)