|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the men the travelers meet after passing into the other world, according to the story?
2. Finli suggests that they increase the __________ after the strange things which have happened and Pimli agrees.
3. What does John give back to Roland and to Eddie as they begin to part ways to go on their separate missions?
4. What does the rose protect, according to the story that Eddie and Roland share with John?
5. Who is being pursued when Eddie and Roland are outside of the door, causing them to have to try to kill these people?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Crimson's King's men try to kidnap Ted and take him into the world where he is now?
2. Why does Callahan tell Jake to go on without him during this first part of the story?
3. What does Susannah decide to do in order to escape from the place where Mordred and the others are keeping her?
4. What does Ted tell the group that the Weasel has which will make their actions easily visible?
5. What is the current status of the Breakers in the story, which is why the people in the group of characters want to save them?
6. What is the explanation that Finli offers as to why the Wolves didn't come back from their last expedition?
7. What happens to Sheemie when he tries to leave the room during the fighting between the guards and the travelers?
8. What happens to Roland and to Eddie as they are driving along in Maine?
9. Who are the characters that are on the journey together at this point of the story?
10. What does Jake suggest that he and Oy do when Jake realizes that Oy can not see the dinosaur that he sees?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In this story, many people can read the minds of others, causing some characters to be found out for what they are and what they are planning to do.
Part 1: Do you think that mind reading is something that you would want to do?
Part 2: How might your actions change if you knew anyone could read your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that mind reading is something that King decided to include in this series?
Essay Topic 2
Susannah Dean has done things which seem to show that she has a split personality, causing her to turn to the dark side to help the Crimson King.
Part 1: Do you agree that Susannah actually has a split personality?
Part 2: Why do you think that Susannah is targeted to be a helped for the less than good side?
Part 3: Do you think a person who turns bad is always bad or do they always have a chance to mend their ways?
Essay Topic 3
Jake shakes off the people who are trying to get into his head, pushing away the psychic entry.
Part 1: Why do you think it's possible for Jake to push away the psychic attacks?
Part 2: How do you think you might handle someone trying to push into your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that the vampires and other characters want to hurt Jake during this part of the story?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)