|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finli tells Pimli that a rogue _________ robot is the thing responsible for the alarm bells going off at the door where the travelers are.
2. Susannah is being held in a room with Mia, some _____ men, and taheens, according to the description in this part of the story.
3. What happens as Pimli and his servants are arguing? A _________ starts in the building, according to the story.
4. The stone _______ is one example of things that the person in #37 needed to include and needed to write in order to stay alive.
5. The robot carries Susannah to a _________ which will lead in from New York City and back to the rest of the group.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the characters learn about the transition between the worlds when they go through the door to the Thunderclap station?
2. What do Susannah and Roland do in order to increase their chances of survival in the cold weather?
3. What is the current status of the Breakers in the story, which is why the people in the group of characters want to save them?
4. What does Susannah find is happening to Roland when she leaves the bathroom after finding the note?
5. What happens to Sheemie when he tries to leave the room during the fighting between the guards and the travelers?
6. What is the explanation that Finli offers as to why the Wolves didn't come back from their last expedition?
7. What does Roland ask Patrick to do, even though Patrick says that this will be a difficult task to do?
8. What does Finli notice, which is not helping his jitteriness in this section of the story when he's with Pimli?
9. What do Roland, Jake, and Oy do in order to get to the place where Stephen King is supposed to have his accident?
10. What does Roland sense about Stephen King when Susannah is telling her story about her vision of King's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eddie tells Roland they can't leave for Lowell since their business in the world is not completed yet.
Part 1: Why do you think that Eddie is so determined to finish their business in the current world?
Part 2: Do you think it's more important for the characters to go to Lowell at this point in the story?
Part 3: How do you think both characters could be made happy in this situation? Is it possible?
Essay Topic 2
Susannah Dean has done things which seem to show that she has a split personality, causing her to turn to the dark side to help the Crimson King.
Part 1: Do you agree that Susannah actually has a split personality?
Part 2: Why do you think that Susannah is targeted to be a helped for the less than good side?
Part 3: Do you think a person who turns bad is always bad or do they always have a chance to mend their ways?
Essay Topic 3
Walter decides to help Mordred in order to get into the tower, and Mordred is understandably suspicious of this choice.
Part 1: Do you think that Walter made the right decision in how to enter the tower?
Part 2: Do you think that you would try to be close to someone with so much evil power?
Part 3: How do you think Walter believes he can keep himself safe from the evil?
This section contains 2,198 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)