|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men discover that Haylis has planted in many of the buildings, which cause troubles for them?
2. Who else has gotten through the door, causing the alarm to sound, in addition to the time when the travelers made it?
3. The gunslingers wait for Eddie to _____________ before they move on to their next target location.
4. Jake goes to ____________ with Dinky and they can feel that Mordred is watching them as they do so.
5. Who do Ted and Dinky begin to direct toward safety during the attack on the building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Susannah find is happening to Roland when she leaves the bathroom after finding the note?
2. What does Susannah reveal about the Wolves in relation to the children from the Callas?
3. What does Ted say is the reason why the Crimson King wants to bring down the Dark Tower?
4. What happens when the men use the eraser on the picture of the Crimson King?
5. What is the conclusion the people in the group seem to have about the role of the writer, Stephen King?
6. What is the picture that Roland tries to destroy at the start of this section of the story?
7. What does Roland gain in the end when he walks through the door which has his name on it?
8. What happens when Patrick begins to draw after the scuffle which takes place with Mordred?
9. What happens when Patrick draws Susannah and then erases the sore she has in her mouth from the picture?
10. What does Nancy tell Roland to do in relation to finding the information he needs?
Essay Topic 1
Walter decides to help Mordred in order to get into the tower, and Mordred is understandably suspicious of this choice.
Part 1: Do you think that Walter made the right decision in how to enter the tower?
Part 2: Do you think that you would try to be close to someone with so much evil power?
Part 3: How do you think Walter believes he can keep himself safe from the evil?
Essay Topic 2
A few of the characters in this book, Susannah and Roland, have been raped by demons in order to further the cause of evil.
Part 1: Why do you think King decided to have the imagery of the rape of a person by a demon?
Part 2: What do you think the purpose of the rapes might have been or has been seen to be in the story?
Part 3: Do you think the King might have used the idea of rape as a way to show the evil in the demons or was the rape action unnecessary?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in the story seem to realize that the author of this story might have left things for them to use as they are going along.
Part 1: Why do you think that King decided to insert himself in the story?
Part 2: How do you think the characters figured out that King was the author of the story and was able to help them?
Part 3: What would you do if you realized that someone was writing the story of your life? Would you try to change it?
This section contains 2,159 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)