|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nigel tell the others he has been killing in the kitchen, which is why he has hair on his hands?
2. Who is being pursued when Eddie and Roland are outside of the door, causing them to have to try to kill these people?
3. Callahan orders the __________ away in the name of God and by the power of the White, though this doesn't seem to have a lot of impact on them.
4. Who do Ted and Dinky begin to direct toward safety during the attack on the building?
5. Who decides to kill the bad guys before killing himself in order to save everyone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roland do with the man who is horrible and melted looking, obviously from another world?
2. What does Ted reveal to the group about his own life story and how he came to be where he is today?
3. What is the conclusion the people in the group seem to have about the role of the writer, Stephen King?
4. What is the vision that Susannah remembers about Stephen King and something which is going to happen to him?
5. What does Finli notice, which is not helping his jitteriness in this section of the story when he's with Pimli?
6. What do the travelers find the in the cave when they manage to make it to the cave together?
7. What happens with Ted encounters a mugger during his former life, according to this section of the story?
8. What does Jake suggest that he and Oy do when Jake realizes that Oy can not see the dinosaur that he sees?
9. Why does Callahan tell Jake to go on without him during this first part of the story?
10. What does Ted tell the group that the Weasel has which will make their actions easily visible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Susannah Dean has done things which seem to show that she has a split personality, causing her to turn to the dark side to help the Crimson King.
Part 1: Do you agree that Susannah actually has a split personality?
Part 2: Why do you think that Susannah is targeted to be a helped for the less than good side?
Part 3: Do you think a person who turns bad is always bad or do they always have a chance to mend their ways?
Essay Topic 2
Some of the characters know of the accident that Stephen King is going to have and they set out to stop it from happening.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to change future events? Why or why not?
Part 2: If you could change the future or the past, would you? Support your answer.
Part 3: How do you think the characters believe that King not getting into the accident will help them?
Essay Topic 3
In this story, many people can read the minds of others, causing some characters to be found out for what they are and what they are planning to do.
Part 1: Do you think that mind reading is something that you would want to do?
Part 2: How might your actions change if you knew anyone could read your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that mind reading is something that King decided to include in this series?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)