|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roland recognize to be Sheemie when he tells the mutants to come back and asks them when they will return?
2. What does Susannah use in order to kill all of the men in the room, though she only wounds Mordred before he escapes?
3. On what does Sheemie cut himself when he is hiding away from the fighting in the other room?
4. Who does the motorized vehicle in the cave go to as this person need help getting around?
5. In what state was Ted mugged as he finds out that he can kill a person with his mind as he does with his mugger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Crimson's King's men try to kidnap Ted and take him into the world where he is now?
2. What do the three men tell the group of travelers when they move through the door to the Thunderclap station?
3. Who are the characters that are on the journey together at this point of the story?
4. What is the explanation that Finli offers as to why the Wolves didn't come back from their last expedition?
5. What do the characters learn about the transition between the worlds when they go through the door to the Thunderclap station?
6. Why does Callahan tell Jake to go on without him during this first part of the story?
7. What happens to Sheemie when he tries to leave the room during the fighting between the guards and the travelers?
8. What does Ted tell the group that the Weasel has which will make their actions easily visible?
9. What happens to Jake the future that he moves along the tunnel in order to try to find Susannah?
10. What happens to Roland and to Eddie as they are driving along in Maine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The psychic link between Susannah and Mia allows Susannah to find out that Mia has agreed to help in any way that she can.
Part 1: Do you believe that a psychic link is possible in real life?
Part 2: How else might you use a psychic link if you were a part of the story?
Part 3: Why do you think that Mia decides that she wants to help Susannah during this story?
Essay Topic 2
Roland tells Moses and Marian that stopping the Breakers was a means for him to get to the Tower.
Part 1: Do you think that Roland made the right choice in stopping the Breakers?
Part 2: Do you think you would have revealed this fact to Moses and to Marian if you were in Roland's shoes?
Part 3: How do you think Roland also might have been able to get to the Tower?
Essay Topic 3
The Tower might also be seen as a symbol of the things a person does not want to admit about themselves.
Part 1: How do you interpret the Tower and its symbology?
Part 2: Choose two characters and define what the Tower means to each of them.
Part 3: Why do you think the Tower was chosen as the main focus of this series of stories?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)