|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. John will go to Aaron and to Moses in order to set up the ________________ which will protect the rose and all that it protects.
2. What branch of the military did Ted decide to enlist in, though they would not take him because of his mental abilities?
3. Roland needs to have Sheemie well so they can transport back to ____________ if all goes well in the journey.
4. Who is worried about how much longer Sheemie will be able to last from all of the teleporting he has done?
5. The robot carries Susannah to a _________ which will lead in from New York City and back to the rest of the group.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jake the future that he moves along the tunnel in order to try to find Susannah?
2. Why do the Crimson's King's men try to kidnap Ted and take him into the world where he is now?
3. Describe the fit that Sheemie is experiencing at the start of this section of the book, according to the manuscript.
4. What happens to Roland and to Eddie as they are driving along in Maine?
5. What is the dream that Sheemie has, which he shares with the others during this section of the story?
6. What does Ted tell the group that the Weasel has which will make their actions easily visible?
7. What is the explanation that Finli offers as to why the Wolves didn't come back from their last expedition?
8. What does Mia decide to tell Susannah via a psychic link with her, according to this part of the story?
9. What is the current status of the Breakers in the story, which is why the people in the group of characters want to save them?
10. What happens with Ted encounters a mugger during his former life, according to this section of the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Tower might also be seen as a symbol of the things a person does not want to admit about themselves.
Part 1: How do you interpret the Tower and its symbology?
Part 2: Choose two characters and define what the Tower means to each of them.
Part 3: Why do you think the Tower was chosen as the main focus of this series of stories?
Essay Topic 2
Mordred is another character who tries to get into the thoughts of those around him, so others wear hoods to protect themselves.
Part 1: Why do you think it's important to find out the thoughts of others in the story?
Part 2: Do you think that you would want to be able to read the thoughts of others?
Part 3: How do you think you would live your life if you realized today that you were able to read the thoughts of others?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in the story seem to realize that the author of this story might have left things for them to use as they are going along.
Part 1: Why do you think that King decided to insert himself in the story?
Part 2: How do you think the characters figured out that King was the author of the story and was able to help them?
Part 3: What would you do if you realized that someone was writing the story of your life? Would you try to change it?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)