|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jake's billy-bumbler or the person who Callahan doesn't want to see killed?
2. Who do Ted and Dinky begin to direct toward safety during the attack on the building?
3. Who becomes angry with Stephen King because he should have been writing the Dark Tower books before he died, but waited too long?
4. The rose represents the _____________ in this world, according to the explanation in the story, which Roland and the others realize.
5. Who is NOT one of the men the travelers meet after passing into the other world, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jake the future that he moves along the tunnel in order to try to find Susannah?
2. What is the current status of the Breakers in the story, which is why the people in the group of characters want to save them?
3. Why are Father Don and Jake Chambers at the restaurant at the start of the story?
4. What do the three men tell the group of travelers when they move through the door to the Thunderclap station?
5. What is the explanation that Finli offers as to why the Wolves didn't come back from their last expedition?
6. Why do the Crimson's King's men try to kidnap Ted and take him into the world where he is now?
7. What does Ted explain about the audiotape that he made and shares with the travelers in the story?
8. What does Susannah do in order to get the group through the door into Fedic, according to the story?
9. What is the estimate of how many more times that Sheemie will be able to teleport before it's likely that he will die?
10. What happens to Sheemie when he tries to leave the room during the fighting between the guards and the travelers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eddie tells Roland they can't leave for Lowell since their business in the world is not completed yet.
Part 1: Why do you think that Eddie is so determined to finish their business in the current world?
Part 2: Do you think it's more important for the characters to go to Lowell at this point in the story?
Part 3: How do you think both characters could be made happy in this situation? Is it possible?
Essay Topic 2
A few of the characters in this book, Susannah and Roland, have been raped by demons in order to further the cause of evil.
Part 1: Why do you think King decided to have the imagery of the rape of a person by a demon?
Part 2: What do you think the purpose of the rapes might have been or has been seen to be in the story?
Part 3: Do you think the King might have used the idea of rape as a way to show the evil in the demons or was the rape action unnecessary?
Essay Topic 3
The Tower might also be seen as a symbol of the things a person does not want to admit about themselves.
Part 1: How do you interpret the Tower and its symbology?
Part 2: Choose two characters and define what the Tower means to each of them.
Part 3: Why do you think the Tower was chosen as the main focus of this series of stories?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)