Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state was Ted mugged as he finds out that he can kill a person with his mind as he does with his mugger?
2. Who give the password to get through the door to Fedic when Roland and Eddie are ready to pass through?
3. Whose car does Eddie and Roland borrow when they are traveling around, trying to find more answers?
4. What do the travelers drink together when they are relaxing in the cave, reunited once more?
5. The rose represents the _____________ in this world, according to the explanation in the story, which Roland and the others realize.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Patrick begins to draw after the scuffle which takes place with Mordred?
2. What does Finli notice, which is not helping his jitteriness in this section of the story when he's with Pimli?
3. What does Susannah decide to do in order to escape from the place where Mordred and the others are keeping her?
4. What do Roland, Jake, and Oy do in order to get to the place where Stephen King is supposed to have his accident?
5. What does Susannah do in order to stop the monster who is chasing them during this part of the story?
6. What does Susannah feel when she is traveling to Fedic on the train at the start of this section of the book?
7. Why doesn't Roland's hip hurt him anymore during this part of the story as it once did?
8. What do the travelers find the in the cave when they manage to make it to the cave together?
9. Why do the Crimson's King's men try to kidnap Ted and take him into the world where he is now?
10. What happens to Roland and to Eddie as they are driving along in Maine?
Susannah has a dream about a warning that involves Dandelo, according to the book's content.
Part 1: Why do you think that Susannah has this dream about Dandelo?
Part 2: Do you think that dreams are meant to be taken seriously? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a person should respond to a dream which seems to include a warning?
Some of the characters know of the accident that Stephen King is going to have and they set out to stop it from happening.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to change future events? Why or why not?
Part 2: If you could change the future or the past, would you? Support your answer.
Part 3: How do you think the characters believe that King not getting into the accident will help them?
A few of the characters in this book, Susannah and Roland, have been raped by demons in order to further the cause of evil.
Part 1: Why do you think King decided to have the imagery of the rape of a person by a demon?
Part 2: What do you think the purpose of the rapes might have been or has been seen to be in the story?
Part 3: Do you think the King might have used the idea of rape as a way to show the evil in the demons or was the rape action unnecessary?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)