|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Pimli and his servants are arguing? A _________ starts in the building, according to the story.
2. Who decides to kill the creature that looks like it has melted from moving from world to world?
3. What does the rose protect, according to the story that Eddie and Roland share with John?
4. __________ helps to transport the travelers back to a cave in Steek-Tete, so that they can be safe for a while.
5. The robot carries Susannah to a _________ which will lead in from New York City and back to the rest of the group.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the conclusion the people in the group seem to have about the role of the writer, Stephen King?
2. What does Susannah decide to do in order to escape from the place where Mordred and the others are keeping her?
3. What does Roland do with the man who is horrible and melted looking, obviously from another world?
4. What does Susannah do in order to get the group through the door into Fedic, according to the story?
5. What happens when Mordred is given to Mia in order to breastfeed in the story after Mordred is born?
6. What does Ted say is the reason why the Crimson King wants to bring down the Dark Tower?
7. What is the dream that Sheemie has, which he shares with the others during this section of the story?
8. What do the three men tell the group of travelers when they move through the door to the Thunderclap station?
9. Who are the fathers of the baby, according to Susannah's recollection of the way that Mordred was conceived?
10. What is the vision that Susannah remembers about Stephen King and something which is going to happen to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Walter decides to help Mordred in order to get into the tower, and Mordred is understandably suspicious of this choice.
Part 1: Do you think that Walter made the right decision in how to enter the tower?
Part 2: Do you think that you would try to be close to someone with so much evil power?
Part 3: How do you think Walter believes he can keep himself safe from the evil?
Essay Topic 2
Killing others seems to be a part of the deal when it comes to fighting evil, as Eddie kills Frank and Eddie is shot in the head by Pimli.
Part 1: Is killing always necessary when fighting evil?
Part 2: What do you think might have happened in this story had no one one been able to kill anyone else?
Part 3: Are you supportive of killing to protect one's self? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The Tower might also be seen as a symbol of the things a person does not want to admit about themselves.
Part 1: How do you interpret the Tower and its symbology?
Part 2: Choose two characters and define what the Tower means to each of them.
Part 3: Why do you think the Tower was chosen as the main focus of this series of stories?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)