|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the travelers are speaking to each other, they realize that ___________ must have left things in the worlds for them to use.
2. When the group gets to the station, they find several inactivated _____________ lying around, which can not harm them.
3. Callahan orders the __________ away in the name of God and by the power of the White, though this doesn't seem to have a lot of impact on them.
4. Who becomes angry with Stephen King because he should have been writing the Dark Tower books before he died, but waited too long?
5. Finli tells Pimli that a rogue _________ robot is the thing responsible for the alarm bells going off at the door where the travelers are.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Roland and to Eddie as they are driving along in Maine?
2. What does Roland do with the man who is horrible and melted looking, obviously from another world?
3. What does Roland sense about Stephen King when Susannah is telling her story about her vision of King's death?
4. What happens when Patrick draws Susannah and then erases the sore she has in her mouth from the picture?
5. What does Roland tell Sheemie they will need from him in the future, if they are successful in their plans?
6. Why does Callahan tell Jake to go on without him during this first part of the story?
7. How was the child that Mia is giving birth to conceived, according to the content of the story?
8. What is the dream that Sheemie has, which he shares with the others during this section of the story?
9. Describe the three men who greet the travelers when they reach the door of the castle.
10. What is the current status of the Breakers in the story, which is why the people in the group of characters want to save them?
Essay Topic 1
Fear causes many of the characters in this story to be extra careful in all that they do. For example, Finli encourages them to increase their guards to prevent problems.
Part 1: Does fear allow a person to make the best decision possible for themselves and for others?
Part 2: How do you think that fear could cloud the thinking of a person in the midst of a dangerous situation?
Part 3: Why do you think fear is something that a character in this story might need to have as a basic emotion and state of mind?
Essay Topic 2
Some of the characters know of the accident that Stephen King is going to have and they set out to stop it from happening.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to change future events? Why or why not?
Part 2: If you could change the future or the past, would you? Support your answer.
Part 3: How do you think the characters believe that King not getting into the accident will help them?
Essay Topic 3
Walter decides to help Mordred in order to get into the tower, and Mordred is understandably suspicious of this choice.
Part 1: Do you think that Walter made the right decision in how to enter the tower?
Part 2: Do you think that you would try to be close to someone with so much evil power?
Part 3: How do you think Walter believes he can keep himself safe from the evil?
This section contains 2,188 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)