Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state was Ted mugged as he finds out that he can kill a person with his mind as he does with his mugger?
2. Who give the password to get through the door to Fedic when Roland and Eddie are ready to pass through?
3. Whose car does Eddie and Roland borrow when they are traveling around, trying to find more answers?
4. What do the travelers drink together when they are relaxing in the cave, reunited once more?
5. The rose represents the _____________ in this world, according to the explanation in the story, which Roland and the others realize.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Patrick begins to draw after the scuffle which takes place with Mordred?
2. What does Finli notice, which is not helping his jitteriness in this section of the story when he's with Pimli?
3. What does Susannah decide to do in order to escape from the place where Mordred and the others are keeping her?
4. What do Roland, Jake, and Oy do in order to get to the place where Stephen King is supposed to have his accident?
5. What does Susannah do in order to stop the monster who is chasing them during this part of the story?
6. What does Susannah feel when she is traveling to Fedic on the train at the start of this section of the book?
7. Why doesn't Roland's hip hurt him anymore during this part of the story as it once did?
8. What do the travelers find the in the cave when they manage to make it to the cave together?
9. Why do the Crimson's King's men try to kidnap Ted and take him into the world where he is now?
10. What happens to Roland and to Eddie as they are driving along in Maine?
Essay Topic 1
Killing others seems to be a part of the deal when it comes to fighting evil, as Eddie kills Frank and Eddie is shot in the head by Pimli.
Part 1: Is killing always necessary when fighting evil?
Part 2: What do you think might have happened in this story had no one one been able to kill anyone else?
Part 3: Are you supportive of killing to protect one's self? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In this story, many people can read the minds of others, causing some characters to be found out for what they are and what they are planning to do.
Part 1: Do you think that mind reading is something that you would want to do?
Part 2: How might your actions change if you knew anyone could read your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that mind reading is something that King decided to include in this series?
Essay Topic 3
With many of the characters, it seems that paranoia is something which impacts all they do - from security systems, to an overall sense of mistrust.
Part 1: Why do you think so many characters are less than likely to trust others in their life?
Part 2: Do you think that paranoia ever serves a purpose or does it just hinder the sight of others?
Part 3: How do you think a person can be careful without being paranoid?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)