|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the characters is having a fit at the start of this section, which the other characters help him through?
2. Who does Ted learn to be the protector of the Dark Tower when he returns from his time with the men?
3. Who decides to kill the bad guys before killing himself in order to save everyone?
4. Who becomes angry with Stephen King because he should have been writing the Dark Tower books before he died, but waited too long?
5. Who does Roland recognize to be Sheemie when he tells the mutants to come back and asks them when they will return?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Finli notice, which is not helping his jitteriness in this section of the story when he's with Pimli?
2. What does Roland sense about Stephen King when Susannah is telling her story about her vision of King's death?
3. What is the conclusion the people in the group seem to have about the role of the writer, Stephen King?
4. What do the travelers find the in the cave when they manage to make it to the cave together?
5. Describe the fit that Sheemie is experiencing at the start of this section of the book, according to the manuscript.
6. What does Jake suggest that he and Oy do when Jake realizes that Oy can not see the dinosaur that he sees?
7. What does Susannah do in order to get the group through the door into Fedic, according to the story?
8. What happens with Ted encounters a mugger during his former life, according to this section of the story?
9. What happens when Mordred is given to Mia in order to breastfeed in the story after Mordred is born?
10. Who are the characters that are on the journey together at this point of the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sheemie decides to hide in his room when the fighting is going on, something that seems to be a cowardly way to approach the tension.
Part 1: Do you think of the Sheemie character as being a very strong person?
Part 2: Do you think you would hide in another room if you heard that fighting was happening?
Part 3: How do you think a person should deal with fighting when they hear it, but are not a part of the argument?
Essay Topic 2
A few of the characters in this book, Susannah and Roland, have been raped by demons in order to further the cause of evil.
Part 1: Why do you think King decided to have the imagery of the rape of a person by a demon?
Part 2: What do you think the purpose of the rapes might have been or has been seen to be in the story?
Part 3: Do you think the King might have used the idea of rape as a way to show the evil in the demons or was the rape action unnecessary?
Essay Topic 3
With many of the characters, it seems that paranoia is something which impacts all they do - from security systems, to an overall sense of mistrust.
Part 1: Why do you think so many characters are less than likely to trust others in their life?
Part 2: Do you think that paranoia ever serves a purpose or does it just hinder the sight of others?
Part 3: How do you think a person can be careful without being paranoid?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)