|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ted believe he will have to do because of his powers? He believes he will have to hide and become an ____________________.
2. Mordred makes ___________ tear himself apart and feed himself to Mordred as he does, according to this story.
3. Some of the Crimson King's men are half-men and half-_________, according to this story.
4. When the travelers are speaking to each other, they realize that ___________ must have left things in the worlds for them to use.
5. What is the profession of Don Callahan, one of the central figures in the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Susannah and Roland do in order to increase their chances of survival in the cold weather?
2. What does Susannah feel when she is traveling to Fedic on the train at the start of this section of the book?
3. What happens when Mordred is given to Mia in order to breastfeed in the story after Mordred is born?
4. What do the three men tell the group of travelers when they move through the door to the Thunderclap station?
5. How does Callahan order the vampires to get away from him, in this first section of the story?
6. What is the estimate of how many more times that Sheemie will be able to teleport before it's likely that he will die?
7. What do the characters learn about the transition between the worlds when they go through the door to the Thunderclap station?
8. What does Susannah believe is a lie in order to protect her from the idea that she will need to die in order to allow Roland to reach the tower?
9. What does Ted tell the group that the Weasel has which will make their actions easily visible?
10. What does Nancy tell Roland to do in relation to finding the information he needs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear causes many of the characters in this story to be extra careful in all that they do. For example, Finli encourages them to increase their guards to prevent problems.
Part 1: Does fear allow a person to make the best decision possible for themselves and for others?
Part 2: How do you think that fear could cloud the thinking of a person in the midst of a dangerous situation?
Part 3: Why do you think fear is something that a character in this story might need to have as a basic emotion and state of mind?
Essay Topic 2
Walter decides to help Mordred in order to get into the tower, and Mordred is understandably suspicious of this choice.
Part 1: Do you think that Walter made the right decision in how to enter the tower?
Part 2: Do you think that you would try to be close to someone with so much evil power?
Part 3: How do you think Walter believes he can keep himself safe from the evil?
Essay Topic 3
Susannah has a dream about a warning that involves Dandelo, according to the book's content.
Part 1: Why do you think that Susannah has this dream about Dandelo?
Part 2: Do you think that dreams are meant to be taken seriously? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a person should respond to a dream which seems to include a warning?
This section contains 2,193 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)