|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Walter is happy that Stephen King is near death and will not write the last ___________ books about the Dark Tower.
2. Who is the gunslinger, according to the story and the introduction at the start of this particular manuscript?
3. When the Wolves use what they have stolen, they take something from these items in order to make the ____________ unstoppable in their mission.
4. _________ catches a scent and leads the group to the door to the Thunderclap station, at the start of this section.
5. Who else has gotten through the door, causing the alarm to sound, in addition to the time when the travelers made it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Callahan tell Jake to go on without him during this first part of the story?
2. What happens with Ted encounters a mugger during his former life, according to this section of the story?
3. What does Jake suggest that he and Oy do when Jake realizes that Oy can not see the dinosaur that he sees?
4. What is the estimate of how many more times that Sheemie will be able to teleport before it's likely that he will die?
5. What does Ted say is the reason why the Crimson King wants to bring down the Dark Tower?
6. What happens when Mordred is given to Mia in order to breastfeed in the story after Mordred is born?
7. What do the travelers find the in the cave when they manage to make it to the cave together?
8. Why are Father Don and Jake Chambers at the restaurant at the start of the story?
9. What is the vision that Susannah remembers about Stephen King and something which is going to happen to him?
10. How was the child that Mia is giving birth to conceived, according to the content of the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Tower might also be seen as a symbol of the things a person does not want to admit about themselves.
Part 1: How do you interpret the Tower and its symbology?
Part 2: Choose two characters and define what the Tower means to each of them.
Part 3: Why do you think the Tower was chosen as the main focus of this series of stories?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in the story seem to realize that the author of this story might have left things for them to use as they are going along.
Part 1: Why do you think that King decided to insert himself in the story?
Part 2: How do you think the characters figured out that King was the author of the story and was able to help them?
Part 3: What would you do if you realized that someone was writing the story of your life? Would you try to change it?
Essay Topic 3
Mordred is another character who tries to get into the thoughts of those around him, so others wear hoods to protect themselves.
Part 1: Why do you think it's important to find out the thoughts of others in the story?
Part 2: Do you think that you would want to be able to read the thoughts of others?
Part 3: How do you think you would live your life if you realized today that you were able to read the thoughts of others?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)