|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mordred turn into when he begins to feed from Mia after he is born, according to this story?
2. What was the problem one of the low men had, which caused him to lift his protective hat and allowed Ted to read his mind?
3. Who warns Callahan to get Jake out of there, as seen in the vision that he has during the time they are driving?
4. What happens as a result of the group going through the door during this part of the story?
5. Who does Roland recognize to be Sheemie when he tells the mutants to come back and asks them when they will return?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the child that Mia is giving birth to conceived, according to the content of the story?
2. What does Mia decide to tell Susannah via a psychic link with her, according to this part of the story?
3. What does Susannah do in order to get the group through the door into Fedic, according to the story?
4. What is the dream that Sheemie has, which he shares with the others during this section of the story?
5. What happens to Roland and to Eddie as they are driving along in Maine?
6. What does Roland tell Sheemie they will need from him in the future, if they are successful in their plans?
7. Why do the Crimson's King's men try to kidnap Ted and take him into the world where he is now?
8. What do the travelers find the in the cave when they manage to make it to the cave together?
9. What is the current status of the Breakers in the story, which is why the people in the group of characters want to save them?
10. What happens when Mordred is given to Mia in order to breastfeed in the story after Mordred is born?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A few of the characters in this book, Susannah and Roland, have been raped by demons in order to further the cause of evil.
Part 1: Why do you think King decided to have the imagery of the rape of a person by a demon?
Part 2: What do you think the purpose of the rapes might have been or has been seen to be in the story?
Part 3: Do you think the King might have used the idea of rape as a way to show the evil in the demons or was the rape action unnecessary?
Essay Topic 2
Mordred decides to eavesdrop on the group in order to find out more about their plans, listening in for a long time.
Part 1: Why do you think Mordred is worried about the plans of the group of characters?
Part 2: Do you think that Mordred is a very smart person/spirit?
Part 3: How do you think Mordred could have found out about the plans of the group without having to eavesdrop?
Essay Topic 3
Sheemie decides to hide in his room when the fighting is going on, something that seems to be a cowardly way to approach the tension.
Part 1: Do you think of the Sheemie character as being a very strong person?
Part 2: Do you think you would hide in another room if you heard that fighting was happening?
Part 3: How do you think a person should deal with fighting when they hear it, but are not a part of the argument?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)