|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the characters is having a fit at the start of this section, which the other characters help him through?
2. Where do Eddie Dean and Roland meet John Cullum? According to the story, they meet him on _______________ Lane.
3. What is the name of the restaurant where Susannah is being held?
4. Who does Ted learn to be the protector of the Dark Tower when he returns from his time with the men?
5. Who does Susannah shoot, causing him to lose all of his sight, although he is still functional in the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Callahan tell Jake to go on without him during this first part of the story?
2. What happens when Mordred is given to Mia in order to breastfeed in the story after Mordred is born?
3. What is the current status of the Breakers in the story, which is why the people in the group of characters want to save them?
4. What does Susannah decide to do in order to escape from the place where Mordred and the others are keeping her?
5. What does Ted tell the group that the Weasel has which will make their actions easily visible?
6. What happens with Ted encounters a mugger during his former life, according to this section of the story?
7. Why is Mordred angry with himself when he is just hours old and watching the characters talk about him?
8. What happens to Sheemie when he tries to leave the room during the fighting between the guards and the travelers?
9. What is the conclusion the people in the group seem to have about the role of the writer, Stephen King?
10. What does Roland do with the man who is horrible and melted looking, obviously from another world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Roland tells Moses and Marian that stopping the Breakers was a means for him to get to the Tower.
Part 1: Do you think that Roland made the right choice in stopping the Breakers?
Part 2: Do you think you would have revealed this fact to Moses and to Marian if you were in Roland's shoes?
Part 3: How do you think Roland also might have been able to get to the Tower?
Essay Topic 2
Fear causes many of the characters in this story to be extra careful in all that they do. For example, Finli encourages them to increase their guards to prevent problems.
Part 1: Does fear allow a person to make the best decision possible for themselves and for others?
Part 2: How do you think that fear could cloud the thinking of a person in the midst of a dangerous situation?
Part 3: Why do you think fear is something that a character in this story might need to have as a basic emotion and state of mind?
Essay Topic 3
In this story, many people can read the minds of others, causing some characters to be found out for what they are and what they are planning to do.
Part 1: Do you think that mind reading is something that you would want to do?
Part 2: How might your actions change if you knew anyone could read your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that mind reading is something that King decided to include in this series?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)