|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opens up a hole in order to send Jake and Roland back to America on the day that Stephen King is supposed to die?
2. How many men do the group meet when they enter the other world for the first time?
3. Who is the woman who is pregnant with the demon child of Susannah and Roland, according to this story?
4. What is the name of the safe house which Ted Brautigan explains about on the audio recording left for the travelers?
5. Where are Eddie Dean and Roland on July 9, 1977, according to this story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the fathers of the baby, according to Susannah's recollection of the way that Mordred was conceived?
2. What does Mia decide to tell Susannah via a psychic link with her, according to this part of the story?
3. Why does Callahan tell Jake to go on without him during this first part of the story?
4. What is the estimate of how many more times that Sheemie will be able to teleport before it's likely that he will die?
5. What does Roland tell Sheemie they will need from him in the future, if they are successful in their plans?
6. What does Susannah decide to do in order to escape from the place where Mordred and the others are keeping her?
7. Describe the fit that Sheemie is experiencing at the start of this section of the book, according to the manuscript.
8. What does Susannah do in order to get the group through the door into Fedic, according to the story?
9. What does Roland do with the man who is horrible and melted looking, obviously from another world?
10. What does Roland sense about Stephen King when Susannah is telling her story about her vision of King's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jake shakes off the people who are trying to get into his head, pushing away the psychic entry.
Part 1: Why do you think it's possible for Jake to push away the psychic attacks?
Part 2: How do you think you might handle someone trying to push into your mind?
Part 3: Why do you think that the vampires and other characters want to hurt Jake during this part of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Sheemie decides to hide in his room when the fighting is going on, something that seems to be a cowardly way to approach the tension.
Part 1: Do you think of the Sheemie character as being a very strong person?
Part 2: Do you think you would hide in another room if you heard that fighting was happening?
Part 3: How do you think a person should deal with fighting when they hear it, but are not a part of the argument?
Essay Topic 3
The Tower might also be seen as a symbol of the things a person does not want to admit about themselves.
Part 1: How do you interpret the Tower and its symbology?
Part 2: Choose two characters and define what the Tower means to each of them.
Part 3: Why do you think the Tower was chosen as the main focus of this series of stories?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)