|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word that Susannah speaks to Eddie and Roland in a vision, meaning the word 'nineteen'?
2. Susannah tells Roland that __________ hates him and wants to kill him the first chance this character gets.
3. The rose represents the _____________ in this world, according to the explanation in the story, which Roland and the others realize.
4. Who does Ted learn to be the protector of the Dark Tower when he returns from his time with the men?
5. What do the travelers believe some of the buildings are made out of, which will make them prone to fires?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ted reveal to the group about his own life story and how he came to be where he is today?
2. What happens with Ted encounters a mugger during his former life, according to this section of the story?
3. What does Mia decide to tell Susannah via a psychic link with her, according to this part of the story?
4. How does Callahan order the vampires to get away from him, in this first section of the story?
5. What do the travelers find the in the cave when they manage to make it to the cave together?
6. What does Roland do with the man who is horrible and melted looking, obviously from another world?
7. What happens to Jake the future that he moves along the tunnel in order to try to find Susannah?
8. What does Jake suggest that he and Oy do when Jake realizes that Oy can not see the dinosaur that he sees?
9. What is the estimate of how many more times that Sheemie will be able to teleport before it's likely that he will die?
10. What does Ted tell the group that the Weasel has which will make their actions easily visible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eddie tells Roland they can't leave for Lowell since their business in the world is not completed yet.
Part 1: Why do you think that Eddie is so determined to finish their business in the current world?
Part 2: Do you think it's more important for the characters to go to Lowell at this point in the story?
Part 3: How do you think both characters could be made happy in this situation? Is it possible?
Essay Topic 2
The psychic link between Susannah and Mia allows Susannah to find out that Mia has agreed to help in any way that she can.
Part 1: Do you believe that a psychic link is possible in real life?
Part 2: How else might you use a psychic link if you were a part of the story?
Part 3: Why do you think that Mia decides that she wants to help Susannah during this story?
Essay Topic 3
Susannah has a dream about a warning that involves Dandelo, according to the book's content.
Part 1: Why do you think that Susannah has this dream about Dandelo?
Part 2: Do you think that dreams are meant to be taken seriously? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a person should respond to a dream which seems to include a warning?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)