|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Jake the password in order for him to get through the door and back to Susannah on the other side?
2. The attack the travelers plan is scheduled to happen at the changing of the ____________.
3. The rose represents the _____________ in this world, according to the explanation in the story, which Roland and the others realize.
4. Which of the characters is having a fit at the start of this section, which the other characters help him through?
5. Who do Ted and Dinky begin to direct toward safety during the attack on the building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the vision that Susannah remembers about Stephen King and something which is going to happen to him?
2. Why are Father Don and Jake Chambers at the restaurant at the start of the story?
3. Describe the fit that Sheemie is experiencing at the start of this section of the book, according to the manuscript.
4. What does Mia decide to tell Susannah via a psychic link with her, according to this part of the story?
5. What does Ted say is the reason why the Crimson King wants to bring down the Dark Tower?
6. Who are the fathers of the baby, according to Susannah's recollection of the way that Mordred was conceived?
7. What happens to Roland and to Eddie as they are driving along in Maine?
8. What is the explanation that Finli offers as to why the Wolves didn't come back from their last expedition?
9. What happens with Ted encounters a mugger during his former life, according to this section of the story?
10. What does Susannah reveal about the Wolves in relation to the children from the Callas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear causes many of the characters in this story to be extra careful in all that they do. For example, Finli encourages them to increase their guards to prevent problems.
Part 1: Does fear allow a person to make the best decision possible for themselves and for others?
Part 2: How do you think that fear could cloud the thinking of a person in the midst of a dangerous situation?
Part 3: Why do you think fear is something that a character in this story might need to have as a basic emotion and state of mind?
Essay Topic 2
A few of the characters in this book, Susannah and Roland, have been raped by demons in order to further the cause of evil.
Part 1: Why do you think King decided to have the imagery of the rape of a person by a demon?
Part 2: What do you think the purpose of the rapes might have been or has been seen to be in the story?
Part 3: Do you think the King might have used the idea of rape as a way to show the evil in the demons or was the rape action unnecessary?
Essay Topic 3
Eddie tells Roland they can't leave for Lowell since their business in the world is not completed yet.
Part 1: Why do you think that Eddie is so determined to finish their business in the current world?
Part 2: Do you think it's more important for the characters to go to Lowell at this point in the story?
Part 3: How do you think both characters could be made happy in this situation? Is it possible?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)