|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the door Susannah, Oy, and Roland are looking for lead to, according to the text in the story?
(a) New York.
(c) The beach.
2. What does Patrick use to create a paste with his blood in order to draw the eyes of the Crimson King in the picture?
(a) A leaf.
(b) Rose petals.
3. What does Mrs. Tassenbaumm suggest they make the driver of the van do in order to slow him down?
(a) Have a bank error.
(b) Eat lunch.
(c) Go to the bathroom.
(d) Take a phone call.
4. Susannah tells Roland she has been dreaming of a/an ______________ door and the Eddie and Jake want her to find it.
5. Who does Mrs. Tassenbaum leave a note for before they continue on to a hotel between Maine and New York City?
(b) No one.
(c) The Crimson King.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susannah decide to use in order to stop the monster from following them on their journey?
2. What is the first name of Mrs. Tassenbaum, according to the writing in the book?
3. What sort of animals do Roland and Susannah hunt in order to feed themselves and in order to make clothing?
4. Who does Roland hope to trap in the Crimson King's castle, if all goes according to his own plan?
5. What is the one feature of the Crimson King which Patrick says he can not get right, no matter how hard he tries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to distract Smith from seeing the road and from seeing King when he is walking in the road?
2. Describe the three men who greet the travelers when they reach the door of the castle.
3. What does Roland ask Patrick to do, even though Patrick says that this will be a difficult task to do?
4. Why doesn't Roland's hip hurt him anymore during this part of the story as it once did?
5. What does Nancy tell Roland to do in relation to finding the information he needs?
6. What is the picture that Roland tries to destroy at the start of this section of the story?
7. What is the purpose of Stuttering Bill, according to Joe Collins, who Eddie and Jake meet in New York?
8. What does Susannah do in order to stop the monster who is chasing them during this part of the story?
9. What does Bill make for Susannah and for Patrick during this section of the story as they continue to travel?
10. What happens when Susannah begins to laugh too hard when Joe Collins is showing them a comic routine?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)