|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ted believe he will have to do because of his powers? He believes he will have to hide and become an ____________________.
(d) Auto mechanic.
2. Who is eavesdropping on the entire conversation between the travelers, unbeknownst to them?
3. What does Mordred get to eat when Nigel brings him something to eat during this section of the story?
(a) Billy bumbler.
4. In what state was Ted mugged as he finds out that he can kill a person with his mind as he does with his mugger?
(a) New York.
5. Whose car does Eddie and Roland borrow when they are traveling around, trying to find more answers?
(a) John Cullum.
(d) No one's.
6. What branch of the military did Ted decide to enlist in, though they would not take him because of his mental abilities?
(a) Air Force.
7. __________ helps to transport the travelers back to a cave in Steek-Tete, so that they can be safe for a while.
8. Who is NOT one of the men the travelers meet after passing into the other world, according to the story?
(a) Dinky Earnshaw.
(b) Patrick Branigan.
(c) Ted Brautigan.
(d) Stanley Ruiz.
9. Who is worried about how much longer Sheemie will be able to last from all of the teleporting he has done?
10. Who becomes angry with Stephen King because he should have been writing the Dark Tower books before he died, but waited too long?
11. What do Finli and Pimli continue to watch for after they have checked all of their equipment to make sure things are working?
(b) People shadows.
12. What is the name of the safe house which Ted Brautigan explains about on the audio recording left for the travelers?
(a) Hansel and Gretel.
13. What does Walter wear in order to prevent others from reading his thoughts when they are speaking to each other?
(d) Metal helmet.
14. What does John give back to Roland and to Eddie as they begin to part ways to go on their separate missions?
15. What is the name of the home of the Breakers, according to the story written in this section?
(b) Nodus Mostre.
(c) Algul Siento.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has signed the title paper which Roland and Eddie have on them as they are trying to decide how to get back to Susannah?
2. Who is the person that Susannah shares a psychic link with whom she decides to sit down and wait for?
3. Finli suggests that they increase the __________ after the strange things which have happened and Pimli agrees.
4. What is the profession of Don Callahan, one of the central figures in the beginning of the book?
5. The robot carries Susannah to a _________ which will lead in from New York City and back to the rest of the group.
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)