|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who snaps back to reality after being in a comatose state once he hears Batman has returned?
2. When the riots are raging all over Gotham, Batman and Robin set out to what location to get help?
3. After returning from the fair, whose face does Batman continue to see over and over again?
4. What does the Joker hope to do to Batman when Batman enters the House of Mirrors?
5. Once Robin gets away from the cops, how is Batman's location revealed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the citizens' reactions to the electromagnetic pulse show that Batman's work is far from over?
2. How does Batman feel that Jason, the last Robin, was a good solider and honored him?
3. How is the last confrontation between The Joker and Batman in the House of Mirrors ironic?
4. How does Batman utilize his brain instead of his brawn when fighting the Mutants' leader a second time?
5. What is the significance of the boy with the radio and the priest who thought to treat him in a mean manner during the aftermath of the electromagnetic pulse?
6. Why does the author include the stories of Arnold Crimp and Iron Man Vasquez?
7. What is the irony of the Mutants changing their name to "Sons of Batman"?
8. What are the results of the electromagnetic pulse on Gotham City and Batman?
9. What does Superman mean when he refers to Bruce's "wild obsession"?
10. How does the author build suspense leading up to Clark Kent's arrival in Gotham City?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Batman and Superman are allies and have known each other for years. Compare/contrast how each one reacts to violence, authority, and the nuclear threat posed to the United States from the Soviets. Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and provide evidence for your comparisons.
Essay Topic 2
What is the symbolism of the Joker? Explain how the author used the Joker's crazy antics and actions to reveal aspects of his character and aspects of Batman's character. Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of dual personalities is prevalent throughout the graphic novel. Select three of the major characters and explain how they experience dual personalities and in what manner they embrace their other halves. Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and provide evidence for your opinion.
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)