|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what real-life TV show does it appear that the Joker is a guest?
2. When Robin flies in closer to get to Batman, what do the cops notice about Robin?
3. In pursuit of Batman at the fair, what do the commissioner and the cops find instead?
4. After returning from the fair, whose face does Batman continue to see over and over again?
5. Who is positioned on the roof outside the television studio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The reactions of Gotham's citizens after the nuclear bomb goes off reveal a deeper problem than just its dangerous criminal element. Explain the irony of Batman asking the former criminal gang, The Mutants, for help in restoring order. Use the text to support your answer and provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
One central theme revolving through "The Dark Knight Returns" is the question of who is good and who is evil? It seems that many of the characters, including the protagonist, are not always good. Explain who you believe in the story to be truly good. Also, discuss what it means to be good. Use the text to support your answer and provide evidence for your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Vigilantism is a major theme in "The Dark Knight Returns." Choose one of the characters (Bruce Wayne, Alfred, Clark Kent, Commissioner Gordon, Commissioner Yindel) and analyze how he/she reacts to acts of vigilantism throughout the story. Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and provide evidence for your opinion.
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)