Book 1, Pages 1-15
• Whether it is a conscious act of redemption or not, Bruce grapples with what he must do in order to make things right within himself and within the city of Gotham.
• It is summer in Gotham City, and the temperature is climbing to record highs.
• Bruce Wayne is racing cars at the raceway and gets into an accident.
• People think Bruce is caught in the wreckage, but they soon discover that he narrowly escaped with only superficial burns.
• It is the 10th anniversary of the last known sighting of the Batman.
• Gordon and Bruce are seen together, privately enjoying a drink and commenting on retirement.
• Bruce comments that Batman has not survived retirement.
• As Bruce walks out into the night, he tries to ignore the feeling that Batman is rising once again.
• In his mind, he relives his anguish over a past crime and acknowledges...
This section contains 1,785 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)