Book 1, Pages 1-15
• Whether it is a conscious act of redemption or not, Bruce grapples with what he must do in order to make things right within himself and within the city of Gotham.
• It is summer in Gotham City, and the temperature is climbing to record highs.
• Bruce Wayne is racing cars at the raceway and gets into an accident.
• Bruce celebrates his ten years of retirement and James Gordon's upcoming retirement with his friend the Police Commissioner
• People think Bruce is caught in the wreckage, but they soon discover that he narrowly escaped with only superficial burns.
• It is the 10th anniversary of the last known sighting of the Batman.
• Gordon and Bruce are seen together, privately enjoying a drink and commenting on retirement.
• Bruce comments that Batman has not survived retirement.
• A newscast reports that most high school kids think Batman is a myth.
This section contains 1,972 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)