|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to George, the big oak in Great Park is called what?
2. After the church service is over, who stays behind with Will and Paul?
3. When the signs are joined in the rings of gold, which two signs are in the center?
4. What sign does Merriman force Hawkin to carry throughout the centuries?
5. When Will returns from battle, who helps to warm him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Signs are instrumental to Will's mission and to the Old Ones' attempt to keep the Dark from rising. Define the importance of each sign's origins (wood, iron, bronze, fire, etc.) and their elemental significance.
Essay Topic 2
How is Hawkin used by Merriman and the Old Ones? How does this effect his life and eventually the choices he makes?
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of Miss Greythorne in the story? Compare her role to that of the Lady.
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)