Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the church service is over, who stays behind with Will and Paul?
2. What is Will's delivered present arrive in?
3. According to George, the big oak in Great Park is called what?
4. According to Merriman, what do the lords of the Dark never risk demanding?
5. On the way home from caroling, Paul tells Will that he would give anything to have a what?
Essay Topic 1
How does The Dark is Rising fulfill the genre requirements of a fantasy novel?
Essay Topic 2
Why is the act of catching someone out of time symbolic of being out of the loop or being frozen, suspended in time? Why is this power useful to Will and the Old Ones?
Essay Topic 3
The Signs are instrumental to Will's mission and to the Old Ones' attempt to keep the Dark from rising. Define the importance of each sign's origins (wood, iron, bronze, fire, etc.) and their elemental significance.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)