Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the church service is over, who stays behind with Will and Paul?
2. What is Will's delivered present arrive in?
3. According to George, the big oak in Great Park is called what?
4. According to Merriman, what do the lords of the Dark never risk demanding?
5. On the way home from caroling, Paul tells Will that he would give anything to have a what?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the Rider embodies the villain archetype and how his actions are typical of villains in fantasy novels.
Essay Topic 2
What is the protagonist's main goal throughout the Dark is Rising, and how does he fulfill his mission? What obstacles does Will face in reaching his goals?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Hawkin's betrayal is justified or not justified. Does he receive proper justice in the end? Be sure to include some of his dialogue from the novel that supports your position.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)