|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders that Merriman should be made?
2. What are the names of the horses on Dawson's farm?
3. How many times in a year does the Hunting of the Wren occur?
4. Which of the Stanton family members disappears on the way to the manor?
5. When he wakes up, what does the Walker request for breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will's time with the book of Gramayre feel like?
2. What are the important plot events that happen after church service ends on Christmas Day?
3. What does Will do with the third sign when he gets home?
4. What does Will do when he and Merriman return to their own time at the manor and Paul plays the flute?
5. Why is the Dark's strike at the king's burial ship fitting?
6. What is the importance of Will taking the white horse to the Hunter?
7. Why does Will feel torn during the Joining of the Signs section?
8. For Will, what does the music that Paul plays on the flute mean?
9. What is strange about the gift Stephen sent to Will for Christmas?
10. How does Hawkin trick Will to allow the Dark into the manor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the Rider embodies the villain archetype and how his actions are typical of villains in fantasy novels.
Essay Topic 2
How is Hawkin used by Merriman and the Old Ones? How does this effect his life and eventually the choices he makes?
Essay Topic 3
What are the roles of the white mare in the Hunt and in the overall battle of the Light against the Dark?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)