|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to James, where does the Stanton family Christmas tree come from?
2. In Part 3, where does George leave Will?
3. The Rider tells Will that Mary is caught by what kind of spell?
4. When Merriman commands the flames of Dark to leave the manor, who answers him back?
5. What is the term for the rapid urgent collecting, which summons the hounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will's time with the book of Gramayre feel like?
2. What does Will do when he and Merriman return to their own time at the manor and Paul plays the flute?
3. What is the significance of the ancient legend of Herne the Hunter?
4. What is strange about the gift Stephen sent to Will for Christmas?
5. Why does the Dark have another chance to attack the Light?
6. What does the Lady mean when she says, "'Break the power of the cold. Stop the snow and cold and frost. Release this country from the hold of the Dark. All with the next of the circle, the Sign of Fire'"?
7. Why is the Dark's strike at the king's burial ship fitting?
8. Why is Hawkin amazed that the Rider has dropped him?
9. How does Hawkin trick Will to allow the Dark into the manor?
10. What is unique about the book of Gramayre?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of Miss Greythorne in the story? Compare her role to that of the Lady.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the act of catching someone out of time and why it is an important tool for both the Light and the Dark.
Essay Topic 3
How is Hawkin used by Merriman and the Old Ones? How does this effect his life and eventually the choices he makes?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)