|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the book of Gramayre send Will swimming through?
2. What sign must be broken to keep the Circle of Signs from being joined?
3. According to The Lady, each of the things of power is made by who?
4. What must Will do, according to George, to ensure he has enough light to see with?
5. Why won't Will deal with Hawkin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will demonstrate changes and reveals his new powers to others?
2. What does Will learn about the snow and its links to the Dark?
3. How does Will convince Paul that nothing strange is going on?
4. How does Hawkin trick Will to allow the Dark into the manor?
5. Why does Hawkin betray the Light and the Old Ones?
6. What does Will's time with the book of Gramayre feel like?
7. What is the importance of the Walker's whereabouts being revealed to Will by a rook--an animal of the Dark?
8. Why is Will able to reconcile his old self with his Old One self after he returns home?
9. What is the importance of the king's ship for this night?
10. What is strange about the gift Stephen sent to Will for Christmas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the act of catching someone out of time symbolic of being out of the loop or being frozen, suspended in time? Why is this power useful to Will and the Old Ones?
Essay Topic 2
The Signs are instrumental to Will's mission and to the Old Ones' attempt to keep the Dark from rising. Define the importance of each sign's origins (wood, iron, bronze, fire, etc.) and their elemental significance.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the relationship between Will and Merriman? What is special or significant about their bond and their relationship?
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)