Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the church service is over, who stays behind with Will and Paul?
2. What is Will's delivered present arrive in?
3. According to George, the big oak in Great Park is called what?
4. According to Merriman, what do the lords of the Dark never risk demanding?
5. On the way home from caroling, Paul tells Will that he would give anything to have a what?
Essay Topic 1
How does The Dark is Rising fulfill the genre requirements of a fantasy novel?
Essay Topic 2
Merriman is an Old One like Will, but is far wiser due to his tenure as an Old One. In what ways does Merriman fulfill his archetype of the teacher in The Dark is Rising?
Essay Topic 3
Which characters stand in direct opposition to Will's goals, and how does he navigate the pitfalls and tricks set up to make him fail?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)