|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the church service is over, who stays behind with Will and Paul?
2. What is Will's delivered present arrive in?
3. According to George, the big oak in Great Park is called what?
4. According to Merriman, what do the lords of the Dark never risk demanding?
5. On the way home from caroling, Paul tells Will that he would give anything to have a what?
Essay Topic 1
What is the protagonist's main goal throughout the Dark is Rising, and how does he fulfill his mission? What obstacles does Will face in reaching his goals?
Essay Topic 2
How is the symbolism of the Light and the Dark portrayed throughout the novel, The Dark is Rising?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the use of musical references throughout the book?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)