|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way home from caroling, Paul tells Will that he would give anything to have a what?
2. According to Merriman, what sign can release the country from the hold of the Dark?
3. When Hawkins speaks of the Old Ones, what does Will notice in his voice?
4. Where does Old George take Hawkin's body?
5. Which of the two things of power have not been found?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Merriman use the weather to help Will with the Walker, and to help him against the Dark?
2. How does Will convince Paul that nothing strange is going on?
3. Why does Will feel torn during the Joining of the Signs section?
4. Why is Hawkin amazed that the Rider has dropped him?
5. What does Will's time with the book of Gramayre feel like?
6. What is strange about the gift Stephen sent to Will for Christmas?
7. How does Will demonstrate changes and reveals his new powers to others?
8. How does Hawkin trick Will to allow the Dark into the manor?
9. What purpose does the Walker's visit to the Stanton home serve to the overall plot of the story?
10. What is the significance of the ancient legend of Herne the Hunter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the Book of Gramayre teaches Will what he needs to know, and how this book acts in concert with other events that have occurred during Will's experiences with the Old Ones.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the relationship between Will and Merriman? What is special or significant about their bond and their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the act of catching someone out of time symbolic of being out of the loop or being frozen, suspended in time? Why is this power useful to Will and the Old Ones?
This section contains 1,182 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)