|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her explanation of the things of power, what does the Lady call Will?
2. What causes Will to realize the flood has come to his home?
3. The Rider tells Will that the great and noble book states that he cannot harm those of the same blood as who?
4. Merriman tells Will that the signs must be joined by John Smith at this time because of what?
5. In what part of the world is Stephen stationed?
Essay Topic 1
The Herne Hunt and the Wren are ancient legends that are incorporated into the Dark is Rising text. How are these two tales important to the overall plot?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the relationship between Will and Merriman? What is special or significant about their bond and their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
What is the protagonist's main goal throughout the Dark is Rising, and how does he fulfill his mission? What obstacles does Will face in reaching his goals?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)