|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of singers have been singing Good King Wenceslas at the manor since the beginning of the manor?
(a) The Stantons.
(b) The Dawsons.
(c) The Old Ones.
(d) Huntercombe Carol singers.
2. When Merriman commands the flames of Dark to leave the manor, who answers him back?
(a) Mr. Beaumont.
(c) The Rider.
3. When Will returns from battle, who helps to warm him?
(a) Mrs. Stanton.
(c) John Smith.
4. During the Hunt, who is wearing the great horned mask that Will received as a gift?
(a) The Hunter.
(c) The Walker.
5. What is Will, an Old One, fighting for?
(c) The survival of the human race.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many parts is the spell of protection for the book of Gramayre?
2. Who betrays Merriman and shapes the course of Will's quest?
3. For his betrayal, what punishment does Hawkin receive?
4. In Part 3, where does George leave Will?
5. What song are the people singing after the church service is over?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Merriman use the weather to help Will with the Walker, and to help him against the Dark?
2. What does Will's time with the book of Gramayre feel like?
3. Why does Hawkin betray the Light and the Old Ones?
4. Why does Will feel torn during the Joining of the Signs section?
5. Why is Mary's kidnapping a test for Will?
6. What does Will do when he and Merriman return to their own time at the manor and Paul plays the flute?
7. Why is the Dark's strike at the king's burial ship fitting?
8. Why is Hawkin amazed that the Rider has dropped him?
9. What is unique about the book of Gramayre?
10. What does the Lady mean when she says, "'Break the power of the cold. Stop the snow and cold and frost. Release this country from the hold of the Dark. All with the next of the circle, the Sign of Fire'"?
This section contains 1,242 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)