|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to George, the big oak in Great Park is called what?
(a) Great Oak.
(b) Herne's Oak.
(c) Bright Oak.
(d) Rippling Oak.
2. Which of the Stanton family members disappears on the way to the manor?
3. According to George, where must the white horse go?
(a) To the hunter.
(b) To another time.
(c) To the city.
(d) To the woods.
4. In Part 3, where does George leave Will?
(a) At the common.
(b) At the manor.
(c) At the woods.
(d) At the farm.
5. According to Merriman, where will the food and fuel be dropped?
(a) At the Dawson's farm.
(b) At the manor grounds.
(c) At the woods.
(d) At the Stanton home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Walker summon from the book of Graymere?
2. Where do the glowing signs lead Will at the end of the Dark's attack?
3. What sign must be broken to keep the Circle of Signs from being joined?
4. When Hawkins speaks of the Old Ones, what does Will notice in his voice?
5. What does Hawkin tell Will that the Rider will exchange for his sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What significant acts occur during the late night of Christmas Day?
2. Why is Mary's kidnapping a test for Will?
3. Who is Mr. Mitothin, and who is he really?
4. What is strange about the gift Stephen sent to Will for Christmas?
5. How does Will convince Paul that nothing strange is going on?
6. What does Will learn about the snow and its links to the Dark?
7. What are the important plot events that happen after church service ends on Christmas Day?
8. What does Will do with the third sign when he gets home?
9. Why does Will feel torn during the Joining of the Signs section?
10. Why is Will able to reconcile his old self with his Old One self after he returns home?
This section contains 1,294 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)