|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Hawkin give for betraying the Light to the Dark?
(a) He is scared of Merriman.
(b) He is afraid of the Lady.
(c) He is angry with Merriman.
(d) He is afraid of death.
2. Who is Will's shipped present from?
(b) Mr. Stanton.
3. What is another word for the hounds of doom?
(a) The howling.
(b) The pain.
(c) The yelpers.
(d) The screamers.
4. In what part of the world is Stephen stationed?
(a) Kingston, Jamaica.
(b) The United States.
5. In Part 3, where does George leave Will?
(a) At the farm.
(b) At the manor.
(c) At the common.
(d) At the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will do with the rook feather?
2. What type of singers have been singing Good King Wenceslas at the manor since the beginning of the manor?
3. What does Hawkin tell Will that the Rider will exchange for his sister?
4. What sign does Merriman force Hawkin to carry throughout the centuries?
5. Outside the manor, which sign is burned into Will's forearm and causes the Rider to fall back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mr. Mitothin, and who is he really?
2. Why does Hawkin betray the Light and the Old Ones?
3. What is the significance of the ancient legend of Herne the Hunter?
4. Why does Will feel torn during the Joining of the Signs section?
5. What are the important plot events that happen after church service ends on Christmas Day?
6. What does Will learn about the snow and its links to the Dark?
7. What does Will do when he and Merriman return to their own time at the manor and Paul plays the flute?
8. What purpose does the Walker's visit to the Stanton home serve to the overall plot of the story?
9. What is the importance of Will taking the white horse to the Hunter?
10. What significant acts occur during the late night of Christmas Day?
This section contains 1,334 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)