|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reading the book of Gramayre, how does Will feel?
2. What is Will, an Old One, fighting for?
(b) The survival of the human race.
3. How many flames of Dark are there, according to the Walker?
4. Where does Will secure the signs when riding the white horse?
(a) At home.
(b) On his belt.
(c) In the satchel.
(d) In his pocket.
5. What must Will do, according to George, to ensure he has enough light to see with?
(a) Use his power to light.
(b) Count to 1000.
(c) Count to100.
(d) Call for Merriman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose room does Will sleep in on Christmas Eve?
2. When Merriman commands the flames of Dark to leave the manor, who answers him back?
3. According to Maggie Barnes, who are kinder masters than the Light?
4. Who is the seventh son of the seventh son?
5. According to Merriman, where will the food and fuel be dropped?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the important plot events that happen after church service ends on Christmas Day?
2. What significant acts occur during the late night of Christmas Day?
3. What is the importance of the Walker's whereabouts being revealed to Will by a rook--an animal of the Dark?
4. What is the significance of the ancient legend of Herne the Hunter?
5. What does Will's time with the book of Gramayre feel like?
6. What is the importance of Will taking the white horse to the Hunter?
7. What does Will do when he and Merriman return to their own time at the manor and Paul plays the flute?
8. What does the Lady mean when she says, "'Break the power of the cold. Stop the snow and cold and frost. Release this country from the hold of the Dark. All with the next of the circle, the Sign of Fire'"?
9. Why does Will feel torn during the Joining of the Signs section?
10. How does Will convince Paul that nothing strange is going on?
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)