|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will do to Mr. Beaumont and Paul to protect them from the Dark?
(a) Forces them to leave.
(b) Closes their minds.
(c) Puts them to sleep.
(d) Puts them out of time.
2. What is the name of the river that the king of the last sign sailed in?
(c) Little Pigeon.
3. What does Miss Greythorne read to the children who have gathered at the manor for safety?
(a) The Graymere book.
(b) The Dark is Rising.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Phoenix and the Carpet.
4. What is drawn on the very last page of the book of Gramayre?
(a) The six cross signs joined in a square.
(b) A list of the six signs.
(c) The five circle pyramid signs.
(d) The six circle cross signs joined into one circle.
5. According to George, the big oak in Great Park is called what?
(a) Great Oak.
(b) Bright Oak.
(c) Herne's Oak.
(d) Rippling Oak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Windsor Castle is located where?
2. Where does Will secure the signs when riding the white horse?
3. When Merriman commands the flames of Dark to leave the manor, who answers him back?
4. How many parts is the spell of protection for the book of Gramayre?
5. When he wakes up, what does the Walker request for breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Will able to reconcile his old self with his Old One self after he returns home?
2. How does Merriman use the weather to help Will with the Walker, and to help him against the Dark?
3. What is strange about the gift Stephen sent to Will for Christmas?
4. What is the importance of the king's ship for this night?
5. Why does Hawkin betray the Light and the Old Ones?
6. What is unique about the book of Gramayre?
7. What does Will do with the third sign when he gets home?
8. Why is the rain significant to the villagers and to Will?
9. Why is Mary's kidnapping a test for Will?
10. What is the importance of the Walker's whereabouts being revealed to Will by a rook--an animal of the Dark?
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)