|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the seventh son of the seventh son?
2. On the way home from caroling, Paul tells Will that he would give anything to have a what?
3. What does the book of Gramayre send Will swimming through?
(b) Deadly sharp coral.
4. What does Will find in the rushing water beside the river road?
(a) The Lady's watch.
(b) A staff.
(c) Another sign.
(d) The carnival head.
5. What do the Old Ones do when the Dark attacks?
(a) Create more light.
(b) Hold them at bay.
(c) Destroy them.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to James, where does the Stanton family Christmas tree come from?
2. Who offers to take the little signs from Will and carry them?
3. When Merriman commands the flames of Dark to leave the manor, who answers him back?
4. What song are the people singing after the church service is over?
5. In Part 3, where does George leave Will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is strange about the gift Stephen sent to Will for Christmas?
2. Why is the rain significant to the villagers and to Will?
3. For Will, what does the music that Paul plays on the flute mean?
4. What is the importance of Will taking the white horse to the Hunter?
5. In what ways does the Dark's power react in the Hawk in the Dark section?
6. How does Merriman use the weather to help Will with the Walker, and to help him against the Dark?
7. Why does Hawkin betray the Light and the Old Ones?
8. What does Will's time with the book of Gramayre feel like?
9. What significant acts occur during the late night of Christmas Day?
10. Why is the Dark's strike at the king's burial ship fitting?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)