|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will tell Paul the signs around his belt are?
(a) Gifts from Merriman.
(b) Buckle things.
(c) Belt loop decorations.
2. What is Will's delivered present arrive in?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A wooden crate.
(c) A carrier envelope.
(d) A box.
3. For his betrayal, what punishment does Hawkin receive?
(a) He is taken to the past.
(b) He is cursed to remain in his own time.
(c) He is returned to the future.
(d) He is brought out of his own time.
4. What is the name of the river that the king of the last sign sailed in?
(a) Little Pigeon.
5. What rings the Great Park, according to Merriman?
(a) Hunter's Combe.
(b) Great Woods.
(d) Dawson's Farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the book of Gramayre send Will swimming through?
2. What does Will find in the rushing water beside the river road?
3. Who does Will find standing next to the great beech tree?
4. What sign must be broken to keep the Circle of Signs from being joined?
5. The Rider tells Will that Mary is caught by what kind of spell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What significant acts occur during the late night of Christmas Day?
2. Why is Will able to reconcile his old self with his Old One self after he returns home?
3. What is the significance of the ancient legend of Herne the Hunter?
4. What is the importance of the king's ship for this night?
5. Who is Mr. Mitothin, and who is he really?
6. What does the Lady mean when she says, "'Break the power of the cold. Stop the snow and cold and frost. Release this country from the hold of the Dark. All with the next of the circle, the Sign of Fire'"?
7. How does Will convince Paul that nothing strange is going on?
8. How does Merriman use the weather to help Will with the Walker, and to help him against the Dark?
9. What is the importance of the Walker's whereabouts being revealed to Will by a rook--an animal of the Dark?
10. What is unique about the book of Gramayre?
This section contains 1,255 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)