|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Will returns from battle, who helps to warm him?
(a) John Smith.
(c) Mrs. Stanton.
2. According to George, where must the white horse go?
(a) To the woods.
(b) To the hunter.
(c) To another time.
(d) To the city.
3. The day after Christmas, James tells Will that the snow has broken what in the kitchen?
(a) The sleigh.
(b) The screen.
(c) The door.
(d) The window.
4. What is used in the package to cushion the present?
(a) Palm leaves.
(d) Package peanuts.
5. After the church service is over, who stays behind with Will and Paul?
(a) Frank Dawson.
(b) The Stanton family.
(d) Frank Dawson, Old George, John and John's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the seventh son of the seventh son?
2. According to the Rider, what does he claim the Dark will take from the Old Ones?
3. According to Merriman, the peak of the Dark occurs during what time of year?
4. According to James, where does the Stanton family Christmas tree come from?
5. What song are the people singing after the church service is over?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the important plot events that happen after church service ends on Christmas Day?
2. How does Will demonstrate changes and reveals his new powers to others?
3. What does the Lady mean when she says, "'Break the power of the cold. Stop the snow and cold and frost. Release this country from the hold of the Dark. All with the next of the circle, the Sign of Fire'"?
4. What does Will do with the third sign when he gets home?
5. What is unique about the book of Gramayre?
6. Why does Will feel torn during the Joining of the Signs section?
7. Why is the rain significant to the villagers and to Will?
8. What is the importance of Will taking the white horse to the Hunter?
9. How does Merriman use the weather to help Will with the Walker, and to help him against the Dark?
10. Why is Hawkin amazed that the Rider has dropped him?
This section contains 1,306 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)