|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Maggie Barnes, who are kinder masters than the Light?
(a) The Dark and the Walker.
(b) The humans.
(c) The Dark and the Rider.
(d) The Rider and Maggie.
2. According to Merriman, what sign can release the country from the hold of the Dark?
(a) The sign of fire.
(b) The sign of copper.
(c) The sign of bronze.
(d) The sign of wood.
3. According to Merriman, where will the food and fuel be dropped?
(a) At the Dawson's farm.
(b) At the woods.
(c) At the Stanton home.
(d) At the manor grounds.
4. In Part 3, where does George leave Will?
(a) At the manor.
(b) At the woods.
(c) At the common.
(d) At the farm.
5. What song are the people singing after the church service is over?
(a) O come all ye faithful.
(b) O Little Town of Bethlehem.
(c) O Tannenbaum.
(d) Silent Night.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to The Lady, each of the things of power is made by who?
2. After reading the book of Gramayre, how does Will feel?
3. What does the Walker summon from the book of Graymere?
4. When he wakes up, what does the Walker request for breakfast?
5. Merriman tells Will that the signs must be joined by John Smith at this time because of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will's time with the book of Gramayre feel like?
2. What is the importance of Will taking the white horse to the Hunter?
3. Why is Hawkin amazed that the Rider has dropped him?
4. What does Will do with the third sign when he gets home?
5. Why does Hawkin betray the Light and the Old Ones?
6. What does the Lady mean when she says, "'Break the power of the cold. Stop the snow and cold and frost. Release this country from the hold of the Dark. All with the next of the circle, the Sign of Fire'"?
7. What is strange about the gift Stephen sent to Will for Christmas?
8. How does Hawkin trick Will to allow the Dark into the manor?
9. Why is Will able to reconcile his old self with his Old One self after he returns home?
10. Why does Hawkin betray Merriman and the Light?
This section contains 1,329 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)