|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to George, the big oak in Great Park is called what?
(a) Rippling Oak.
(b) Great Oak.
(c) Bright Oak.
(d) Herne's Oak.
2. According to The Lady, each of the things of power is made by who?
(a) The same craftman of the Light.
(b) Different craftsman of the Dark.
(c) A different craftsman of the Light.
(d) The same craftsman of the Dark.
3. How many flames of Dark are there, according to the Walker?
4. What is Will, an Old One, fighting for?
(b) The survival of the human race.
5. Which of the Stanton family members disappears on the way to the manor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Old George take Hawkin's body?
2. According to George, moving water is free of what?
3. On what horse does Old George ride during the Hunt?
4. When the signs are joined in the rings of gold, which two signs are in the center?
5. What is the name of the river that the king of the last sign sailed in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Will able to reconcile his old self with his Old One self after he returns home?
2. What is the importance of Will taking the white horse to the Hunter?
3. Who is Mr. Mitothin, and who is he really?
4. What does Will's time with the book of Gramayre feel like?
5. How does Hawkin trick Will to allow the Dark into the manor?
6. What is strange about the gift Stephen sent to Will for Christmas?
7. What is the importance of the Walker's whereabouts being revealed to Will by a rook--an animal of the Dark?
8. What does Will learn about the snow and its links to the Dark?
9. What is the significance of the ancient legend of Herne the Hunter?
10. What purpose does the Walker's visit to the Stanton home serve to the overall plot of the story?
This section contains 1,217 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)