|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Will do, according to George, to ensure he has enough light to see with?
(a) Count to100.
(b) Use his power to light.
(c) Call for Merriman.
(d) Count to 1000.
2. What rings the Great Park, according to Merriman?
(a) Great Woods.
(b) Hunter's Combe.
(c) Dawson's Farm.
3. Instead of presenting Will with a story, what does Merriman tell Will the book will provide for him?
(a) A story.
(b) A snatch of verse or a bright image.
(c) A poem.
4. What present does Stephen send to Will?
(a) A costume.
(b) A giant carnival head.
(c) A guitar.
(d) Comic books.
5. According to Maggie Barnes, who are kinder masters than the Light?
(a) The humans.
(b) The Rider and Maggie.
(c) The Dark and the Rider.
(d) The Dark and the Walker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders that Merriman should be made?
2. Who offers to take the little signs from Will and carry them?
3. When he wakes up, what does the Walker request for breakfast?
4. What does Will tell Paul the signs around his belt are?
5. When the signs are joined in the rings of gold, which two signs are in the center?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Lady mean when she says, "'Break the power of the cold. Stop the snow and cold and frost. Release this country from the hold of the Dark. All with the next of the circle, the Sign of Fire'"?
2. What does Will's time with the book of Gramayre feel like?
3. Why is Hawkin amazed that the Rider has dropped him?
4. How does Merriman use the weather to help Will with the Walker, and to help him against the Dark?
5. What does Will do when he and Merriman return to their own time at the manor and Paul plays the flute?
6. What significant acts occur during the late night of Christmas Day?
7. What does Will do with the third sign when he gets home?
8. What is strange about the gift Stephen sent to Will for Christmas?
9. How does Hawkin trick Will to allow the Dark into the manor?
10. What is unique about the book of Gramayre?
This section contains 1,287 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)