|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term used to rally the hounds on the full chase?
2. When does Merriman say the most dangerous peak of the Dark's power will come?
(a) At Twelfth Night.
(b) At the Winter Solstice.
(c) A Christmas.
(d) At his birthday.
3. Mr. Stanton's friend, Mr. Mitothin, is really who in disguise?
(b) The Rider.
(d) The Walker.
4. According to the Rider, what does he claim the Dark will take from the Old Ones?
(a) All the things of power.
(b) The Light.
(c) The six signs.
(d) Their lives.
5. What does the book of Gramayre send Will swimming through?
(d) Deadly sharp coral.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the church service is over, who stays behind with Will and Paul?
2. According to George, where must the white horse go?
3. During her explanation of the things of power, what does the Lady call Will?
4. For his betrayal, what punishment does Hawkin receive?
5. What is Will's delivered present arrive in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will learn about the snow and its links to the Dark?
2. What is the importance of the Walker's whereabouts being revealed to Will by a rook--an animal of the Dark?
3. Why does Will feel torn during the Joining of the Signs section?
4. What are the important plot events that happen after church service ends on Christmas Day?
5. Why is Hawkin amazed that the Rider has dropped him?
6. What is the significance of the ancient legend of Herne the Hunter?
7. What is the importance of the king's ship for this night?
8. What is unique about the book of Gramayre?
9. How does Will convince Paul that nothing strange is going on?
10. What does Will do with the third sign when he gets home?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)