|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the glowing signs lead Will at the end of the Dark's attack?
(a) To the Sign of Stone.
(b) To Greythorne manor.
(c) To the woods.
(d) To the Dawson's farm.
2. In what part of the world is Stephen stationed?
(b) Kingston, Jamaica.
(d) The United States.
3. How many times in a year does the Hunting of the Wren occur?
4. During her explanation of the things of power, what does the Lady call Will?
(a) An Old One.
(b) A chosen one.
(c) The seeker.
(d) The sign seeker.
5. What does Merriman reveal is the Walker's real name?
(a) The Lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to George, the big oak in Great Park is called what?
2. What does Will do to Mr. Beaumont and Paul to protect them from the Dark?
3. What is drawn on the very last page of the book of Gramayre?
4. What is the name of the river that the king of the last sign sailed in?
5. Who betrays Merriman and shapes the course of Will's quest?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does the Dark's power react in the Hawk in the Dark section?
2. For Will, what does the music that Paul plays on the flute mean?
3. What is the significance of the ancient legend of Herne the Hunter?
4. Why is the rain significant to the villagers and to Will?
5. What purpose does the Walker's visit to the Stanton home serve to the overall plot of the story?
6. What does Will learn about the snow and its links to the Dark?
7. Why does Hawkin betray Merriman and the Light?
8. Why is Will able to reconcile his old self with his Old One self after he returns home?
9. What is strange about the gift Stephen sent to Will for Christmas?
10. What is the importance of the Walker's whereabouts being revealed to Will by a rook--an animal of the Dark?
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)