|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another word for the hounds of doom?
(a) The screamers.
(b) The yelpers.
(c) The howling.
(d) The pain.
2. According to George, the big oak in Great Park is called what?
(a) Great Oak.
(b) Rippling Oak.
(c) Herne's Oak.
(d) Bright Oak.
3. What sign does Merriman force Hawkin to carry throughout the centuries?
(a) The sign of copper.
(b) The sign of bronze.
(c) The sign of iron.
(d) The sign of wood.
4. Mr. Stanton's friend, Mr. Mitothin, is really who in disguise?
(a) The Rider.
(c) The Walker.
5. What is the term used to rally the hounds on the full chase?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times in a year does the Hunting of the Wren occur?
2. According to Merriman, what do the hounds of doom eat?
3. What does Will tell Paul the signs around his belt are?
4. Who offers to take the little signs from Will and carry them?
5. What does Will find in the rushing water beside the river road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of the king's ship for this night?
2. How does Hawkin trick Will to allow the Dark into the manor?
3. How does Will convince Paul that nothing strange is going on?
4. What are the important plot events that happen after church service ends on Christmas Day?
5. Why does the Dark have another chance to attack the Light?
6. How does Will demonstrate changes and reveals his new powers to others?
7. Why is Mary's kidnapping a test for Will?
8. What is the significance of the ancient legend of Herne the Hunter?
9. What significant acts occur during the late night of Christmas Day?
10. Why is the rain significant to the villagers and to Will?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)