|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to George, where must the white horse go?
(a) To another time.
(b) To the hunter.
(c) To the city.
(d) To the woods.
2. Which of the two things of power have not been found?
(a) Sword of gold and harp of crystal.
(b) Iron sword and harp of flower.
(c) Flower sword and iron harp.
(d) Sword crystal and the harp of gold.
3. Who orders that Merriman should be made?
(a) The Lady.
(b) The Old Ones.
(c) The Light.
(d) The Dark.
4. The Rider tells Will that Mary is caught by what kind of spell?
(a) Pitch black.
(b) The old spell of Lir.
(c) Out of time.
(d) Leaf turned.
5. Instead of presenting Will with a story, what does Merriman tell Will the book will provide for him?
(a) A poem.
(b) A story.
(d) A snatch of verse or a bright image.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Stanton family members disappears on the way to the manor?
2. After reading the book of Gramayre, how does Will feel?
3. After the church service is over, who stays behind with Will and Paul?
4. What does Miss Greythorne read to the children who have gathered at the manor for safety?
5. When does Merriman say the most dangerous peak of the Dark's power will come?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)