|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Outside the manor, which sign is burned into Will's forearm and causes the Rider to fall back?
(a) The sign of iron.
(b) The sign of copper.
(c) The sign of bronze.
(d) The sign of wood.
2. Where does Merriman place the book of Gramayre to keep it safe?
(a) Grandfather clock.
(b) In his cloak.
(c) In Hawkins.
(d) In another time.
3. What is Will, an Old One, fighting for?
(b) The survival of the human race.
4. Who is the seventh son of the seventh son?
5. Whose room does Will sleep in on Christmas Eve?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign must be broken to keep the Circle of Signs from being joined?
2. During the Hunt, who is wearing the great horned mask that Will received as a gift?
3. After the church service is over, who stays behind with Will and Paul?
4. What is Will's delivered present arrive in?
5. Where does Will secure the signs when riding the white horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mary's kidnapping a test for Will?
2. For Will, what does the music that Paul plays on the flute mean?
3. What are the important plot events that happen after church service ends on Christmas Day?
4. How does Will convince Paul that nothing strange is going on?
5. What does Will learn about the snow and its links to the Dark?
6. How does Merriman use the weather to help Will with the Walker, and to help him against the Dark?
7. Why is the Dark's strike at the king's burial ship fitting?
8. What does the Lady mean when she says, "'Break the power of the cold. Stop the snow and cold and frost. Release this country from the hold of the Dark. All with the next of the circle, the Sign of Fire'"?
9. What is the importance of Will taking the white horse to the Hunter?
10. How does Will demonstrate changes and reveals his new powers to others?
This section contains 1,328 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)