|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Will do, according to George, to ensure he has enough light to see with?
(a) Call for Merriman.
(b) Count to 1000.
(c) Use his power to light.
(d) Count to100.
2. Where does Will secure the signs when riding the white horse?
(a) At home.
(b) In the satchel.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) On his belt.
3. After reading the book of Gramayre, how does Will feel?
4. Which of the two things of power have not been found?
(a) Iron sword and harp of flower.
(b) Sword of gold and harp of crystal.
(c) Sword crystal and the harp of gold.
(d) Flower sword and iron harp.
5. When the signs are joined in the rings of gold, which two signs are in the center?
(a) Fire and Earth.
(b) Earth and Snow.
(c) Fire and water.
(d) Earth and water.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Rider tells Will that Mary is caught by what kind of spell?
2. In what part of the world is Stephen stationed?
3. What is the name of the river that the king of the last sign sailed in?
4. Mr. Stanton's friend, Mr. Mitothin, is really who in disguise?
5. What does Will do with the rook feather?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will convince Paul that nothing strange is going on?
2. Why is Hawkin amazed that the Rider has dropped him?
3. How does Will demonstrate changes and reveals his new powers to others?
4. Why is Mary's kidnapping a test for Will?
5. What does Will learn about the snow and its links to the Dark?
6. What purpose does the Walker's visit to the Stanton home serve to the overall plot of the story?
7. Who is Mr. Mitothin, and who is he really?
8. In what ways does the Dark's power react in the Hawk in the Dark section?
9. Why is Will able to reconcile his old self with his Old One self after he returns home?
10. How does Hawkin trick Will to allow the Dark into the manor?
This section contains 1,301 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)