|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of presenting Will with a story, what does Merriman tell Will the book will provide for him?
(a) A snatch of verse or a bright image.
(b) A poem.
(c) A story.
2. What does Merriman reveal is the Walker's real name?
(a) The Lady.
3. According to George, moving water is free of what?
4. According to Will, what embodies the power of the Dark at its Midwinter peak?
(a) The rooks.
(b) The two levels of time.
(d) The farm.
5. How does the Dark attack the Old Ones at the church?
(a) Making the lights go out.
(b) Sending hundreds of rooks.
(c) Sending rain.
(d) Sending snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the book of Gramayre, what is the one element that can defy all magic?
2. What are the names of the horses on Dawson's farm?
3. What sign does Merriman force Hawkin to carry throughout the centuries?
4. According to the book of Gramayre, how many centuries did the Old Ones spend bringing their lands out of the Dark?
5. Where do the glowing signs lead Will at the end of the Dark's attack?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)