|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Stanton's friend, Mr. Mitothin, is really who in disguise?
(b) The Rider.
(d) The Walker.
2. What does the book of Gramayre send Will swimming through?
(b) Deadly sharp coral.
3. Who offers to take the little signs from Will and carry them?
(b) The Walker.
(c) The Lady.
(d) Mr. Beaumont.
4. Instead of presenting Will with a story, what does Merriman tell Will the book will provide for him?
(a) A story.
(b) A poem.
(c) A snatch of verse or a bright image.
5. What are the names of the horses on Dawson's farm?
(a) Will and Storm.
(b) Mark and John.
(c) Prig and Sand.
(d) Caster and Pollux.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is drawn on the very last page of the book of Gramayre?
2. What does Hawkin tell Will that the Rider will exchange for his sister?
3. Outside the manor, which sign is burned into Will's forearm and causes the Rider to fall back?
4. Who is the seventh son of the seventh son?
5. What type of singers have been singing Good King Wenceslas at the manor since the beginning of the manor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mary's kidnapping a test for Will?
2. What is the importance of Will taking the white horse to the Hunter?
3. What significant acts occur during the late night of Christmas Day?
4. How does Will convince Paul that nothing strange is going on?
5. What are the important plot events that happen after church service ends on Christmas Day?
6. How does Hawkin trick Will to allow the Dark into the manor?
7. Why does Hawkin betray Merriman and the Light?
8. How does Will demonstrate changes and reveals his new powers to others?
9. Why is Will able to reconcile his old self with his Old One self after he returns home?
10. What does Will do with the third sign when he gets home?
This section contains 1,321 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)