|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For his betrayal, what punishment does Hawkin receive?
(a) He is brought out of his own time.
(b) He is returned to the future.
(c) He is cursed to remain in his own time.
(d) He is taken to the past.
2. When Hawkins speaks of the Old Ones, what does Will notice in his voice?
(a) Envy and greed.
(b) Bitterness and anger.
(c) Happiness and joy.
(d) Loyalty and respect.
3. According to the Old Ones, what do the birds speak with?
4. What does Hawkin tell Will that the Rider will exchange for his sister?
(a) The signs.
(d) The belt.
5. What must Will do, according to George, to ensure he has enough light to see with?
(a) Count to100.
(b) Call for Merriman.
(c) Count to 1000.
(d) Use his power to light.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the seventh son of the seventh son?
2. According to George, moving water is free of what?
3. How does the Dark attack the Old Ones at the church?
4. According to Merriman, what do the lords of the Dark never risk demanding?
5. What is the term used to rally the hounds on the full chase?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Dark have another chance to attack the Light?
2. What purpose does the Walker's visit to the Stanton home serve to the overall plot of the story?
3. Why is Hawkin amazed that the Rider has dropped him?
4. What is strange about the gift Stephen sent to Will for Christmas?
5. How does Will convince Paul that nothing strange is going on?
6. What does the Lady mean when she says, "'Break the power of the cold. Stop the snow and cold and frost. Release this country from the hold of the Dark. All with the next of the circle, the Sign of Fire'"?
7. Why does Hawkin betray Merriman and the Light?
8. What does Will do when he and Merriman return to their own time at the manor and Paul plays the flute?
9. How does Hawkin trick Will to allow the Dark into the manor?
10. How does Will demonstrate changes and reveals his new powers to others?
This section contains 1,270 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)