|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Merriman, how long ago did the kings of England preserve the forests that the Dark inhabit?
(a) 200 years ago.
(b) 300 years ago.
(c) 1000 years ago.
(d) 500 years ago.
2. How does Robin describe Will at eleven-years-old?
3. What does Mr. Stanton state was on Will's ornament?
(a) His initial, W.
(b) A dove.
(c) A mandela pattern.
(d) A cross.
4. In the heap of snow that falls into Will's bedroom, what does Will see, but Paul doesn't?
(a) A bird.
(b) A note.
(c) A black feather.
(d) A piece of wood.
5. On Christmas Eve, what emotion is running through the Stanton family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merriman tell Will about the signs and the Dark?
2. What happens to Will's family when he arrives back home from the other time?
3. After Will has the branch, who grabs him from behind and demands that he stop what he is doing?
4. When Will goes through the doors, who does he find waiting for him along the fireplace inside the manor?
5. What does the fat lady say to the conductor about the weather at the beginning of The Walker on the Way?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maggie claim the Walker stole the sign from her?
2. Why is Merriman disgusted that Will calls the road he was on "Tramp's Alley"?
3. What is odd about Hawkins?
4. How does Will try to warn Old George Dawson about Maggie being an agent of the Dark?
5. Why is the Rider seeking Will?
6. What is the importance of the third sign?
7. How does Will demonstrate his immaturity when the Dark begins to rise?
8. What ordinary Christmas decoration does Mr. Dawson persuade the Stantons to take with them?
9. How does the author demonstrate that something strange is happening to Will?
10. What role does Merriman play in Will's education?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)