|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song do Will, James, and his siblings carol for the Rector?
(a) O' Christmas Tree.
(c) Merry Christmas.
2. Who demands that Will show the first sign to him?
(b) The Walker.
(c) The Rider.
(d) John Smith.
3. Why is Will disappointed about his birthday?
(a) Merriman didn't show up.
(b) The Dark tainted it.
(c) His family didn't celebrate it.
(d) He didn't get a present from Stephen.
4. According to the lady, what does the Rider want with Will?
(a) To capture the sign.
(b) To stop the Light.
(c) To capture the white mare.
(d) To capture him.
5. When Will meets the Walker, what does he demand that the Walker give to him?
(a) The sixth sign.
(b) The packages.
(c) The second sign.
(d) The papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will hear before his world changes to another time?
2. According to Mrs. Stanton, who is Tom?
3. What does John Smith mean when he tells Will, "It is your privilege. Take hold of her mane where you can reach it, and you will see"?
4. What does Will notice is acting strangely toward him as he walks through the woods?
5. What does Merriman tell Will about the signs and the Dark?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will demonstrate his immaturity when the Dark begins to rise?
2. Why is the Dark's strike at the king's burial ship fitting?
3. What affect does the Lady have on Will's emotions and behavior?
4. Why does Maggie place the Walker out of time?
5. What are the end results of Will's actions at the manor?
6. What are the important plot events that happen after church service ends on Christmas Day?
7. What is the significance of the fat lady's comments about the weather?
8. What is the importance of the words of the carol that Merriman sings during Will and his family's caroling?
9. What does the Walker mean when he states, "It's so heavy...I've been carrying it for so long."
10. How does Will demonstrate changes and reveals his new powers to others?
This section contains 1,395 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)