|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Will's family when he arrives back home from the other time?
(a) They wake up.
(b) They hug him.
(c) They are spirited away to another time.
(d) They eat breakfast.
2. What kind of Old One is Will, according to the Walker?
(a) An avatar.
(b) An ancient one.
(c) A new awake.
(d) A strong one.
3. What emotion describes how Will is feeling when he wakes on Midwinter Day?
4. Where is Will's bedroom located?
(a) In a guestroom.
(b) In the basement.
(c) With one of his brothers.
(d) In the attic.
5. When Will goes through the doors, who does he find waiting for him along the fireplace inside the manor?
(a) An elderly woman and a tall man.
(b) A young woman and a short man.
(c) An elderly woman and a short man.
(d) A young woman and a tall man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Dawson tell Will about Maggie?
2. What does Will hear before his world changes to another time?
3. Where has the Lady gone when she vanishes?
4. What symbols are on the horseshoes that John Smith puts on the mare?
5. At the beginning of the Midwinter Day section, what wakes up Will?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Will's father state, "There's your ceremony, Will. Right on time"?
2. What ordinary Christmas decoration does Mr. Dawson persuade the Stantons to take with them?
3. What is the importance of the words of the carol that Merriman sings during Will and his family's caroling?
4. What is the significance of the fat lady's comments about the weather?
5. What are the parallels between the Rider's black stallion and the white mare that Will commands?
6. What is the importance of the Rider asking Will to break bread with him?
7. Why does Will use his powers to put the branch on fire?
8. Why is Merriman disgusted that Will calls the road he was on "Tramp's Alley"?
9. What role does Merriman play in Will's education?
10. In what ways does Mr. Dawson provide clues to both Will and the reader that Will is more than he seems and that things are going to be different for Will?
This section contains 1,314 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)