|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two days after his birthday, how does Will's relationship with the animals change?
(a) They are angry towards him.
(b) They won't leave him alone.
(c) They run from him.
(d) They are more affectionate.
2. When Will walks home from town, what street does he decide to go down?
(a) The Great Woods.
(b) Hunter's Cove.
(c) Tramp's Alley.
(d) Huntercombe Lane.
3. What is odd about the weather, according to the thin man with the pointed nose on the bus?
(a) That this much snow is falling before his birthday.
(b) That this much snow is falling before Will's birthday.
(c) That this much snow has fallen before Christmas.
(d) This much snow fell in 1947 before Christmas.
4. What does Mr. Dawson tell Will about Maggie?
(a) That Maggie had to go to the church.
(b) That Maggie had to go to the city.
(c) That Maggie had to go home for an illness in her family.
(d) That Maggie had to go to the market.
5. As Will walks down what would have been Huntercombe Lane in his time, what doe he smell that makes his mouth water?
(b) Freshly baked bread.
(c) Baked apple pies.
(d) Roasting rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Will eats breakfast with John Smith and Martha, what appears in the clearing?
2. According to the Walker, what do the rooks guide toward them?
3. Who steps out of the shadows after Will demands his item from the Walker and calls to him?
4. What does Merriman tell Will about the signs and the Dark?
5. What does the iron ornament do to Will's fingers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Will able to reconcile his old self with his Old One self after he returns home?
2. How does Hawkin trick Will to allow the Dark into the manor?
3. What is the importance of Will taking the white horse to the Hunter?
4. What is the significance of the ancient legend of Herne the Hunter?
5. What are the parallels between the Rider's black stallion and the white mare that Will commands?
6. Why does Maggie place the Walker out of time?
7. What does Will learn about the snow and its links to the Dark?
8. What is the importance of the Walker's whereabouts being revealed to Will by a rook--an animal of the Dark?
9. Why are the tapestries important to Will?
10. What is unusual about Will and his siblings' visit to Miss Greythorne's manor for caroling?
This section contains 1,293 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)