|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Merriman, what does the Dark do to good emotions?
(a) Amplifies them.
(b) Twists them.
(c) Burns them.
(d) Cloaks them to darkness.
2. According to Merriman, the next part of Will's quest depends on whom?
(a) The Walker.
(c) The Rider.
(d) The Lady.
3. Whose room did Will's bedroom once belong to?
(b) Stephen, the eldest.
4. What does Will find odd about the iron ornament's surface?
(a) It had no shine to it, or signs of rust.
(b) It was shiny, and no signs of rust.
(c) It had shine to it, and showed signs of rust.
(d) It had no shine to it, and showed signs of rust.
5. What happens to Will's family when he arrives back home from the other time?
(a) They are spirited away to another time.
(b) They eat breakfast.
(c) They hug him.
(d) They wake up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steps out of the shadows after Will demands his item from the Walker and calls to him?
2. What does Mr. Dawson give Will when he invites him into the house?
3. What does seeing the stranger in the black coat do to Will?
4. What does Will hear before his world changes to another time?
5. What does Will pin over the door on Christmas Eve?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will try to warn Old George Dawson about Maggie being an agent of the Dark?
2. Who is Mr. Mitothin, and who is he really?
3. What is the importance of the third sign?
4. What is the significance of the fat lady's comments about the weather?
5. In the opening chapter, Midwinter's Eve, how does the author use Mr. Dawson to foreshadow events that happen to Will later that night?
6. How does Will demonstrate changes and reveals his new powers to others?
7. Why does Will's father state, "There's your ceremony, Will. Right on time"?
8. What purpose does the Walker's visit to the Stanton home serve to the overall plot of the story?
9. Why does Maggie place the Walker out of time?
10. How does the animals' behavior foreshadow what happens to the tramp in the woods?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)