|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will hear before his world changes to another time?
(c) A prayer.
2. According to Merriman, the next part of Will's quest depends on whom?
(a) The Walker.
(c) The Rider.
(d) The Lady.
3. What does The Lady remind Will of when he sees her for the first time at the manor?
(a) A cat.
(b) A bird.
(c) A fox.
(d) A lioness.
4. What does Will notice is acting strangely toward him as he walks through the woods?
(a) The birds.
(b) The squirrels.
(c) The trees.
(d) The leaves.
5. According to Merriman, how long ago did the kings of England preserve the forests that the Dark inhabit?
(a) 200 years ago.
(b) 300 years ago.
(c) 1000 years ago.
(d) 500 years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will's sister, Gwen, give him at the end of the Sign-Seeker section of the novel?
2. After Will has the branch, who grabs him from behind and demands that he stop what he is doing?
3. What happens to the radio station when Will walks by it after getting home from his walk with James?
4. As Will walks across the room at the manor, he notices that what image is everywhere?
5. Who owns Huntercombe Manor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will demonstrate his immaturity when the Dark begins to rise?
2. Why is the Rider unable to take the Walker and Will?
3. Why is Merriman disgusted that Will calls the road he was on "Tramp's Alley"?
4. What is the importance of the words of the carol that Merriman sings during Will and his family's caroling?
5. What is the importance of the white mare appearing to Will in the woods?
6. What affect does the Lady have on Will's emotions and behavior?
7. What is unusual about Will and his siblings' visit to Miss Greythorne's manor for caroling?
8. Why does Maggie claim the Walker stole the sign from her?
9. In what ways does the author imply that the iron ornament is important?
10. Why does Maggie place the Walker out of time?
This section contains 1,221 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)