Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Will, the red-haired man in the dark robes who is seated on his black stallion looks like what?
(a) A statue.
(b) A rook.
(d) A dark cloud.
2. At the beginning of the Midwinter Day section, what wakes up Will?
3. What is Will, James, Mr. Stanton, and Max going to purchase?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A Christmas tree.
(c) Christmas turkey.
4. What does the iron ornament do to Will's fingers?
(a) Cuts them.
(b) Bruises them.
(c) Numbs them.
(d) Burns them.
5. What does Paul state is the reason Will's skylight broke?
(a) The Dark pushed against it.
(b) Birds nested on it.
(c) An icy latch that broke under the strain of the snow.
(d) A rusty latch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Mr. Dawson repeat to Will when Will visits him Midwinter's Eve?
2. Who is snoring from the other bed when Will wakes up?
3. What does Will do to tell Mr. Dawson about Maggie being an agent of the Dark?
4. Who comes to the door when Will and his siblings come to carol at Greythorne Manor?
5. According to the Walker, what do the rooks guide toward them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of the white mare appearing to Will in the woods?
2. What does Will do when he and Merriman return to their own time at the manor and Paul plays the flute?
3. Why does the Dark have another chance to attack the Light?
4. In the opening chapter, Midwinter's Eve, how does the author use Mr. Dawson to foreshadow events that happen to Will later that night?
5. Why does Hawkin betray the Light and the Old Ones?
6. Who is Mr. Mitothin, and who is he really?
7. What role does Huntercombe Lane play in the second section, Midwinter's Day, of the novel?
8. What is odd about Hawkins?
9. In what ways does Mr. Dawson provide clues to both Will and the reader that Will is more than he seems and that things are going to be different for Will?
10. Why is Hawkin amazed that the Rider has dropped him?
This section contains 1,307 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)