|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the horses on Dawson's farm?
(a) Mark and John.
(b) Prig and Sand.
(c) Will and Storm.
(d) Caster and Pollux.
2. What is the term for the rapid urgent collecting, which summons the hounds?
(a) The call.
(b) The rising.
(c) The great call.
(d) The menee.
3. According to George, where must the white horse go?
(a) To the woods.
(b) To the hunter.
(c) To another time.
(d) To the city.
4. Who betrays Merriman and shapes the course of Will's quest?
(a) The Rider.
5. What is the term used to rally the hounds on the full chase?
6. After the Dark attacks after the church service on Christmas Day, what does Will do to try to stop the Dark?
(a) Breaks the protection circle.
(b) Tries to contact the Lady.
(d) Fights back.
7. In Part 3, where does George leave Will?
(a) At the common.
(b) At the woods.
(c) At the manor.
(d) At the farm.
8. What rings the Great Park, according to Merriman?
(a) Dawson's Farm.
(b) Hunter's Combe.
(d) Great Woods.
9. Why won't Will deal with Hawkin?
(a) Because the Rider said not to meet.
(b) Because Hawkin is nothing.
(c) Because Merriman said nothing.
(d) Nothing will work to stop the Light.
10. What do the Old Ones do when the Dark attacks?
(b) Create more light.
(c) Destroy them.
(d) Hold them at bay.
11. According to Merriman, what sign can release the country from the hold of the Dark?
(a) The sign of fire.
(b) The sign of bronze.
(c) The sign of copper.
(d) The sign of wood.
12. What does Will tell Paul the signs around his belt are?
(a) Gifts from Merriman.
(c) Belt loop decorations.
(d) Buckle things.
13. What causes Will to realize the flood has come to his home?
(a) The ribbon Mary had ripped off a package.
(b) The ribbons on the white horse.
(c) The ribbons on the Rider's horse.
(d) The ribbons in Gwen's hair.
14. What must Will do, according to George, to ensure he has enough light to see with?
(a) Count to100.
(b) Call for Merriman.
(c) Count to 1000.
(d) Use his power to light.
15. When does Merriman say the most dangerous peak of the Dark's power will come?
(a) At the Winter Solstice.
(b) At Twelfth Night.
(c) At his birthday.
(d) A Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Stanton's friend, Mr. Mitothin, is really who in disguise?
2. For his betrayal, what punishment does Hawkin receive?
3. How many flames of Dark are there, according to the Walker?
4. According to George, the big oak in Great Park is called what?
5. The day after Christmas, James tells Will that the snow has broken what in the kitchen?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)