|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For his betrayal, what punishment does Hawkin receive?
(a) He is returned to the future.
(b) He is brought out of his own time.
(c) He is cursed to remain in his own time.
(d) He is taken to the past.
2. According to Merriman, where will the food and fuel be dropped?
(a) At the Stanton home.
(b) At the woods.
(c) At the Dawson's farm.
(d) At the manor grounds.
3. When Will returns from battle, who helps to warm him?
(a) Mrs. Stanton.
(d) John Smith.
4. After the Dark attacks after the church service on Christmas Day, what does Will do to try to stop the Dark?
(a) Tries to contact the Lady.
(c) Breaks the protection circle.
(d) Fights back.
5. How many parts is the spell of protection for the book of Gramayre?
6. What is the term used to rally the hounds on the full chase?
7. Outside the manor, which sign is burned into Will's forearm and causes the Rider to fall back?
(a) The sign of copper.
(b) The sign of bronze.
(c) The sign of iron.
(d) The sign of wood.
8. When does Merriman say the most dangerous peak of the Dark's power will come?
(a) At Twelfth Night.
(b) At his birthday.
(c) At the Winter Solstice.
(d) A Christmas.
9. What is the name of the river that the king of the last sign sailed in?
(a) Little Pigeon.
10. The day after Christmas, James tells Will that the snow has broken what in the kitchen?
(a) The window.
(b) The sleigh.
(c) The door.
(d) The screen.
11. According to the book of Gramayre, what is the one element that can defy all magic?
12. According to James, where does the Stanton family Christmas tree come from?
(a) The woods.
(b) The Great Park.
(c) The city.
(d) The backyard.
13. According to the book of Gramayre, what is one of the five birds that can see the Dark?
14. What does the Walker summon from the book of Graymere?
15. What do the Old Ones do when the Dark attacks?
(a) Destroy them.
(c) Hold them at bay.
(d) Create more light.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Merriman, what sign can release the country from the hold of the Dark?
2. What does Will do to Mr. Beaumont and Paul to protect them from the Dark?
3. What rings the Great Park, according to Merriman?
4. The Rider tells Will that Mary is caught by what kind of spell?
5. According to George, moving water is free of what?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)