|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of singers have been singing Good King Wenceslas at the manor since the beginning of the manor?
(a) The Dawsons.
(b) The Old Ones.
(c) The Stantons.
(d) Huntercombe Carol singers.
2. When Hawkins speaks of the Old Ones, what does Will notice in his voice?
(a) Loyalty and respect.
(b) Bitterness and anger.
(c) Happiness and joy.
(d) Envy and greed.
3. What does Mr. Stanton give Will's mother for Christmas?
(c) A ring.
(d) A robe.
4. According to Maggie Barnes, who are kinder masters than the Light?
(a) The Rider and Maggie.
(b) The humans.
(c) The Dark and the Walker.
(d) The Dark and the Rider.
5. After the Dark attacks after the church service on Christmas Day, what does Will do to try to stop the Dark?
(a) Tries to contact the Lady.
(b) Fights back.
(c) Breaks the protection circle.
6. What are the names of the horses on Dawson's farm?
(a) Mark and John.
(b) Caster and Pollux.
(c) Prig and Sand.
(d) Will and Storm.
7. In Part 3, where does George leave Will?
(a) At the farm.
(b) At the woods.
(c) At the manor.
(d) At the common.
8. Who orders that Merriman should be made?
(a) The Lady.
(b) The Dark.
(c) The Light.
(d) The Old Ones.
9. After the church service is over, who stays behind with Will and Paul?
(a) Frank Dawson.
(c) The Stanton family.
(d) Frank Dawson, Old George, John and John's wife.
10. What is the term for the rapid urgent collecting, which summons the hounds?
(a) The menee.
(b) The rising.
(c) The call.
(d) The great call.
11. What does Hawkin tell Will that the Rider will exchange for his sister?
(b) The belt.
(c) The signs.
12. According to George, where must the white horse go?
(a) To the woods.
(b) To the hunter.
(c) To another time.
(d) To the city.
13. By opening the door between the Dark and the Walker, what does Will allow the Walker to gain?
14. During the Hunt, who is wearing the great horned mask that Will received as a gift?
(a) The Walker.
(d) The Hunter.
15. The Rider tells Will that Mary is caught by what kind of spell?
(a) Leaf turned.
(b) Out of time.
(c) Pitch black.
(d) The old spell of Lir.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Rider, what does he claim the Dark will take from the Old Ones?
2. On the way home from caroling, Paul tells Will that he would give anything to have a what?
3. According to The Lady, each of the things of power is made by who?
4. Who offers to take the little signs from Will and carry them?
5. Which of the two things of power have not been found?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)