|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the signs are joined in the rings of gold, which two signs are in the center?
(a) Earth and water.
(b) Fire and water.
(c) Earth and Snow.
(d) Fire and Earth.
2. After the church service is over, who stays behind with Will and Paul?
(a) Frank Dawson.
(c) The Stanton family.
(d) Frank Dawson, Old George, John and John's wife.
3. Where do the glowing signs lead Will at the end of the Dark's attack?
(a) To Greythorne manor.
(b) To the Dawson's farm.
(c) To the Sign of Stone.
(d) To the woods.
4. Merriman tells Will that the signs must be joined by John Smith at this time because of what?
(a) He trusts no one else to do it.
(b) The smithy will soon be destroyed.
(c) John Smith is an Old One.
(d) John is the only blacksmith.
5. Windsor Castle is located where?
(a) Outside of the manor.
(b) The moat.
(c) The woods.
(d) The Great Park.
6. What reason does Hawkin give for betraying the Light to the Dark?
(a) He is afraid of death.
(b) He is scared of Merriman.
(c) He is angry with Merriman.
(d) He is afraid of the Lady.
7. Where does Old George take Hawkin's body?
(a) To the farm.
(b) To the manor.
(c) To the woods.
(d) In the direction of the church.
8. What does Will do to Mr. Beaumont and Paul to protect them from the Dark?
(a) Forces them to leave.
(b) Closes their minds.
(c) Puts them out of time.
(d) Puts them to sleep.
9. On the way home from caroling, Paul tells Will that he would give anything to have a what?
10. According to Merriman, what do the lords of the Dark never risk demanding?
(a) Their horses.
(b) The signs.
(d) The Light.
11. During her explanation of the things of power, what does the Lady call Will?
(a) The sign seeker.
(b) A chosen one.
(c) The seeker.
(d) An Old One.
12. What is Will, an Old One, fighting for?
(b) The survival of the human race.
13. Who does Will find standing next to the great beech tree?
14. In what part of the world is Stephen stationed?
(a) Kingston, Jamaica.
(c) The United States.
15. What is drawn on the very last page of the book of Gramayre?
(a) The six circle cross signs joined into one circle.
(b) The five circle pyramid signs.
(c) The six cross signs joined in a square.
(d) A list of the six signs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Walker summon from the book of Graymere?
2. What does Mr. Stanton give Will's mother for Christmas?
3. Who orders that Merriman should be made?
4. Outside the manor, which sign is burned into Will's forearm and causes the Rider to fall back?
5. When Merriman commands the flames of Dark to leave the manor, who answers him back?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)