|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Merriman tells Will that the signs must be joined by John Smith at this time because of what?
(a) John is the only blacksmith.
(b) He trusts no one else to do it.
(c) John Smith is an Old One.
(d) The smithy will soon be destroyed.
2. Whose room does Will sleep in on Christmas Eve?
3. What is used in the package to cushion the present?
(c) Package peanuts.
(d) Palm leaves.
4. What is the term for the rapid urgent collecting, which summons the hounds?
(a) The call.
(b) The rising.
(c) The menee.
(d) The great call.
5. According to Merriman, what do the hounds of doom eat?
6. What is drawn on the very last page of the book of Gramayre?
(a) The five circle pyramid signs.
(b) The six cross signs joined in a square.
(c) A list of the six signs.
(d) The six circle cross signs joined into one circle.
7. What song are the people singing after the church service is over?
(a) O Tannenbaum.
(b) Silent Night.
(c) O Little Town of Bethlehem.
(d) O come all ye faithful.
8. According to Maggie Barnes, who are kinder masters than the Light?
(a) The Rider and Maggie.
(b) The Dark and the Rider.
(c) The humans.
(d) The Dark and the Walker.
9. What does the book of Gramayre send Will swimming through?
(c) Deadly sharp coral.
10. On what horse does Old George ride during the Hunt?
11. What is Will, an Old One, fighting for?
(a) The survival of the human race.
12. Where does Merriman place the book of Gramayre to keep it safe?
(a) Grandfather clock.
(b) In his cloak.
(c) In another time.
(d) In Hawkins.
13. Who orders that Merriman should be made?
(a) The Old Ones.
(b) The Light.
(c) The Dark.
(d) The Lady.
14. Where does Will secure the signs when riding the white horse?
(a) On his belt.
(b) At home.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) In the satchel.
15. What causes Will to realize the flood has come to his home?
(a) The ribbons on the Rider's horse.
(b) The ribbons on the white horse.
(c) The ribbons in Gwen's hair.
(d) The ribbon Mary had ripped off a package.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to James, where does the Stanton family Christmas tree come from?
2. According to the book of Gramayre, what is the one element that can defy all magic?
3. On the way home from caroling, Paul tells Will that he would give anything to have a what?
4. During her explanation of the things of power, what does the Lady call Will?
5. During the Hunt, who is wearing the great horned mask that Will received as a gift?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)