|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to James, where does the Stanton family Christmas tree come from?
(a) The city.
(b) The woods.
(c) The Great Park.
(d) The backyard.
2. What do the Old Ones do when the Dark attacks?
(a) Hold them at bay.
(b) Create more light.
(c) Destroy them.
3. After reading the book of Gramayre, how does Will feel?
4. What is drawn on the very last page of the book of Gramayre?
(a) The five circle pyramid signs.
(b) The six cross signs joined in a square.
(c) The six circle cross signs joined into one circle.
(d) A list of the six signs.
5. Which of the two things of power have not been found?
(a) Sword of gold and harp of crystal.
(b) Flower sword and iron harp.
(c) Iron sword and harp of flower.
(d) Sword crystal and the harp of gold.
6. What does Will do to Mr. Beaumont and Paul to protect them from the Dark?
(a) Puts them to sleep.
(b) Puts them out of time.
(c) Forces them to leave.
(d) Closes their minds.
7. What is Will, an Old One, fighting for?
(d) The survival of the human race.
8. Where does Will secure the signs when riding the white horse?
(a) In the satchel.
(b) At home.
(c) On his belt.
(d) In his pocket.
9. According to George, where must the white horse go?
(a) To another time.
(b) To the woods.
(c) To the hunter.
(d) To the city.
10. Which of the Stanton family members disappears on the way to the manor?
11. How many parts is the spell of protection for the book of Gramayre?
12. What present does Stephen send to Will?
(a) A costume.
(b) A guitar.
(c) Comic books.
(d) A giant carnival head.
13. Merriman tells Will that the signs must be joined by John Smith at this time because of what?
(a) The smithy will soon be destroyed.
(b) John Smith is an Old One.
(c) He trusts no one else to do it.
(d) John is the only blacksmith.
14. The day after Christmas, James tells Will that the snow has broken what in the kitchen?
(a) The window.
(b) The door.
(c) The sleigh.
(d) The screen.
15. Whose room does Will sleep in on Christmas Eve?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Hawkin give for betraying the Light to the Dark?
2. According to Merriman, what sign can release the country from the hold of the Dark?
3. Who is Will's shipped present from?
4. Who orders that Merriman should be made?
5. Who is the seventh son of the seventh son?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)