|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to George, moving water is free of what?
2. According to Merriman, what do the lords of the Dark never risk demanding?
(a) The Light.
(b) The signs.
(c) Their horses.
3. When the signs are joined in the rings of gold, which two signs are in the center?
(a) Fire and water.
(b) Earth and water.
(c) Fire and Earth.
(d) Earth and Snow.
4. What does Merriman reveal is the Walker's real name?
(d) The Lady.
5. When Hawkins speaks of the Old Ones, what does Will notice in his voice?
(a) Loyalty and respect.
(b) Envy and greed.
(c) Happiness and joy.
(d) Bitterness and anger.
6. After reading the book of Gramayre, how does Will feel?
7. What is the term for the rapid urgent collecting, which summons the hounds?
(a) The menee.
(b) The rising.
(c) The call.
(d) The great call.
8. When he wakes up, what does the Walker request for breakfast?
(a) Honey and bread.
(d) The third sign.
9. How many flames of Dark are there, according to the Walker?
10. In Part 3, where does George leave Will?
(a) At the farm.
(b) At the common.
(c) At the woods.
(d) At the manor.
11. How does the Dark attack the Old Ones at the church?
(a) Sending rain.
(b) Sending snow.
(c) Sending hundreds of rooks.
(d) Making the lights go out.
12. According to Merriman, what sign can release the country from the hold of the Dark?
(a) The sign of copper.
(b) The sign of wood.
(c) The sign of bronze.
(d) The sign of fire.
13. What song are the people singing after the church service is over?
(a) Silent Night.
(b) O Little Town of Bethlehem.
(c) O Tannenbaum.
(d) O come all ye faithful.
14. According to The Lady, each of the things of power is made by who?
(a) The same craftman of the Light.
(b) A different craftsman of the Light.
(c) Different craftsman of the Dark.
(d) The same craftsman of the Dark.
15. On what horse does Old George ride during the Hunt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign does Merriman force Hawkin to carry throughout the centuries?
2. According to George, the big oak in Great Park is called what?
3. According to Will, what embodies the power of the Dark at its Midwinter peak?
4. What is the name of the river that the king of the last sign sailed in?
5. What does Miss Greythorne read to the children who have gathered at the manor for safety?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)