|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Stanton family members disappears on the way to the manor?
2. How many flames of Dark are there, according to the Walker?
3. According to James, where does the Stanton family Christmas tree come from?
(a) The backyard.
(b) The woods.
(c) The city.
(d) The Great Park.
4. What type of singers have been singing Good King Wenceslas at the manor since the beginning of the manor?
(a) The Dawsons.
(b) The Old Ones.
(c) The Stantons.
(d) Huntercombe Carol singers.
5. Where do the glowing signs lead Will at the end of the Dark's attack?
(a) To the Dawson's farm.
(b) To the Sign of Stone.
(c) To Greythorne manor.
(d) To the woods.
6. What is the term used to rally the hounds on the full chase?
7. According to George, where must the white horse go?
(a) To another time.
(b) To the hunter.
(c) To the woods.
(d) To the city.
8. According to Merriman, the peak of the Dark occurs during what time of year?
(a) At the beginning of Ireland.
(b) At the end of Buckinghamshire and the beginning of Berkshire.
(c) At the end of the Londonshire.
(d) At the end of Berkshire and the beginning of Buckinghamshire.
9. What does Miss Greythorne read to the children who have gathered at the manor for safety?
(a) The Dark is Rising.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Phoenix and the Carpet.
(d) The Graymere book.
10. Who is the seventh son of the seventh son?
11. In what part of the world is Stephen stationed?
(c) The United States.
(d) Kingston, Jamaica.
12. Windsor Castle is located where?
(a) The Great Park.
(b) Outside of the manor.
(c) The moat.
(d) The woods.
13. Where does Old George take Hawkin's body?
(a) To the woods.
(b) To the farm.
(c) To the manor.
(d) In the direction of the church.
14. What does Will tell Paul the signs around his belt are?
(a) Gifts from Merriman.
(c) Belt loop decorations.
(d) Buckle things.
15. Why won't Will deal with Hawkin?
(a) Nothing will work to stop the Light.
(b) Because the Rider said not to meet.
(c) Because Merriman said nothing.
(d) Because Hawkin is nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who betrays Merriman and shapes the course of Will's quest?
2. What are the names of the horses on Dawson's farm?
3. What reason does Hawkin give for betraying the Light to the Dark?
4. What does the Walker summon from the book of Graymere?
5. The Rider tells Will that the great and noble book states that he cannot harm those of the same blood as who?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)