|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Rider tells Will that Mary is caught by what kind of spell?
(a) Pitch black.
(b) Leaf turned.
(c) The old spell of Lir.
(d) Out of time.
2. What reason does Hawkin give for betraying the Light to the Dark?
(a) He is angry with Merriman.
(b) He is afraid of the Lady.
(c) He is scared of Merriman.
(d) He is afraid of death.
3. According to The Lady, each of the things of power is made by who?
(a) The same craftsman of the Dark.
(b) The same craftman of the Light.
(c) A different craftsman of the Light.
(d) Different craftsman of the Dark.
4. What must Will do, according to George, to ensure he has enough light to see with?
(a) Count to100.
(b) Use his power to light.
(c) Count to 1000.
(d) Call for Merriman.
5. Who orders that Merriman should be made?
(a) The Dark.
(b) The Lady.
(c) The Light.
(d) The Old Ones.
6. According to Maggie Barnes, who are kinder masters than the Light?
(a) The Dark and the Rider.
(b) The Rider and Maggie.
(c) The humans.
(d) The Dark and the Walker.
7. According to Merriman, what do the hounds of doom eat?
8. Where does Old George take Hawkin's body?
(a) In the direction of the church.
(b) To the manor.
(c) To the farm.
(d) To the woods.
9. Who betrays Merriman and shapes the course of Will's quest?
(d) The Rider.
10. When Hawkins speaks of the Old Ones, what does Will notice in his voice?
(a) Loyalty and respect.
(b) Bitterness and anger.
(c) Envy and greed.
(d) Happiness and joy.
11. According to the Old Ones, what do the birds speak with?
12. When does Merriman say the most dangerous peak of the Dark's power will come?
(a) A Christmas.
(b) At Twelfth Night.
(c) At his birthday.
(d) At the Winter Solstice.
13. What does Will find in the rushing water beside the river road?
(a) The carnival head.
(b) The Lady's watch.
(c) A staff.
(d) Another sign.
14. According to James, where does the Stanton family Christmas tree come from?
(a) The city.
(b) The woods.
(c) The backyard.
(d) The Great Park.
15. What is drawn on the very last page of the book of Gramayre?
(a) The six cross signs joined in a square.
(b) A list of the six signs.
(c) The six circle cross signs joined into one circle.
(d) The five circle pyramid signs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose room does Will sleep in on Christmas Eve?
2. What is Will, an Old One, fighting for?
3. What is used in the package to cushion the present?
4. What song are the people singing after the church service is over?
5. When Will returns from battle, who helps to warm him?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)