|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to George, the big oak in Great Park is called what?
(a) Rippling Oak.
(b) Bright Oak.
(c) Great Oak.
(d) Herne's Oak.
2. According to the book of Gramayre, what is the name of the bright star?
(a) North Star.
(c) Milky Way.
3. According to Merriman, the peak of the Dark occurs during what time of year?
(a) At the beginning of Ireland.
(b) At the end of Buckinghamshire and the beginning of Berkshire.
(c) At the end of Berkshire and the beginning of Buckinghamshire.
(d) At the end of the Londonshire.
4. What rings the Great Park, according to Merriman?
(b) Dawson's Farm.
(c) Hunter's Combe.
(d) Great Woods.
5. How does the Dark attack the Old Ones at the church?
(a) Sending snow.
(b) Sending rain.
(c) Making the lights go out.
(d) Sending hundreds of rooks.
6. According to George, where must the white horse go?
(a) To the woods.
(b) To the city.
(c) To the hunter.
(d) To another time.
7. According to the book of Gramayre, how many centuries did the Old Ones spend bringing their lands out of the Dark?
8. What does Mr. Stanton give Will's mother for Christmas?
(a) A ring.
(c) A robe.
9. According to the book of Gramayre, what is one of the five birds that can see the Dark?
10. What is the name of the river that the king of the last sign sailed in?
(d) Little Pigeon.
11. What is used in the package to cushion the present?
(b) Palm leaves.
(d) Package peanuts.
12. Whose room does Will sleep in on Christmas Eve?
13. According to George, moving water is free of what?
14. What does the Walker summon from the book of Graymere?
15. What do the Old Ones do when the Dark attacks?
(a) Destroy them.
(c) Hold them at bay.
(d) Create more light.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the two things of power have not been found?
2. According to the Rider, what does he claim the Dark will take from the Old Ones?
3. When Will returns from battle, who helps to warm him?
4. After the Dark attacks after the church service on Christmas Day, what does Will do to try to stop the Dark?
5. On the way home from caroling, Paul tells Will that he would give anything to have a what?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)