|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Merriman, what do the hounds of doom eat?
2. What song are the people singing after the church service is over?
(a) O Little Town of Bethlehem.
(b) O come all ye faithful.
(c) Silent Night.
(d) O Tannenbaum.
3. When the signs are joined in the rings of gold, which two signs are in the center?
(a) Fire and water.
(b) Fire and Earth.
(c) Earth and water.
(d) Earth and Snow.
4. Which of the two things of power have not been found?
(a) Sword crystal and the harp of gold.
(b) Sword of gold and harp of crystal.
(c) Iron sword and harp of flower.
(d) Flower sword and iron harp.
5. According to George, moving water is free of what?
6. According to the book of Gramayre, what is one of the five birds that can see the Dark?
7. Where does Will secure the signs when riding the white horse?
(a) At home.
(b) In the satchel.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) On his belt.
8. What reason does Hawkin give for betraying the Light to the Dark?
(a) He is angry with Merriman.
(b) He is afraid of death.
(c) He is scared of Merriman.
(d) He is afraid of the Lady.
9. According to Maggie Barnes, who are kinder masters than the Light?
(a) The Dark and the Walker.
(b) The Dark and the Rider.
(c) The Rider and Maggie.
(d) The humans.
10. According to The Lady, each of the things of power is made by who?
(a) The same craftsman of the Dark.
(b) Different craftsman of the Dark.
(c) The same craftman of the Light.
(d) A different craftsman of the Light.
11. According to George, where must the white horse go?
(a) To another time.
(b) To the hunter.
(c) To the city.
(d) To the woods.
12. During the Hunt, who is wearing the great horned mask that Will received as a gift?
(a) The Hunter.
(d) The Walker.
13. According to Merriman, what do the lords of the Dark never risk demanding?
(a) The Light.
(c) The signs.
(d) Their horses.
14. Why won't Will deal with Hawkin?
(a) Because Merriman said nothing.
(b) Because Hawkin is nothing.
(c) Nothing will work to stop the Light.
(d) Because the Rider said not to meet.
15. According to James, where does the Stanton family Christmas tree come from?
(a) The backyard.
(b) The city.
(c) The woods.
(d) The Great Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, where does George leave Will?
2. Who orders that Merriman should be made?
3. By opening the door between the Dark and the Walker, what does Will allow the Walker to gain?
4. When does Merriman say the most dangerous peak of the Dark's power will come?
5. When Hawkins speaks of the Old Ones, what does Will notice in his voice?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)