|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Rider, what does he claim the Dark will take from the Old Ones?
(a) Their lives.
(b) The Light.
(c) All the things of power.
(d) The six signs.
2. When Merriman commands the flames of Dark to leave the manor, who answers him back?
(a) Mr. Beaumont.
(b) The Rider.
3. According to Merriman, what do the hounds of doom eat?
4. What is drawn on the very last page of the book of Gramayre?
(a) A list of the six signs.
(b) The six cross signs joined in a square.
(c) The six circle cross signs joined into one circle.
(d) The five circle pyramid signs.
5. Merriman tells Will that the signs must be joined by John Smith at this time because of what?
(a) John Smith is an Old One.
(b) John is the only blacksmith.
(c) He trusts no one else to do it.
(d) The smithy will soon be destroyed.
6. The Rider tells Will that Mary is caught by what kind of spell?
(a) Leaf turned.
(b) The old spell of Lir.
(c) Pitch black.
(d) Out of time.
7. What must Will do, according to George, to ensure he has enough light to see with?
(a) Count to100.
(b) Count to 1000.
(c) Use his power to light.
(d) Call for Merriman.
8. What does the book of Gramayre send Will swimming through?
(c) Deadly sharp coral.
9. During the Hunt, who is wearing the great horned mask that Will received as a gift?
(c) The Hunter.
(d) The Walker.
10. Who is Will's shipped present from?
(b) Mr. Stanton.
11. What does Will find in the rushing water beside the river road?
(a) The Lady's watch.
(b) The carnival head.
(c) A staff.
(d) Another sign.
12. What is used in the package to cushion the present?
(b) Palm leaves.
(d) Package peanuts.
13. Who offers to take the little signs from Will and carry them?
(a) The Lady.
(b) The Walker.
(d) Mr. Beaumont.
14. Where does Old George take Hawkin's body?
(a) To the woods.
(b) To the manor.
(c) To the farm.
(d) In the direction of the church.
15. What does Merriman reveal is the Walker's real name?
(c) The Lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. Outside the manor, which sign is burned into Will's forearm and causes the Rider to fall back?
2. Whose room does Will sleep in on Christmas Eve?
3. Where does Will secure the signs when riding the white horse?
4. Who betrays Merriman and shapes the course of Will's quest?
5. The day after Christmas, James tells Will that the snow has broken what in the kitchen?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)