|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Stanton's friend, Mr. Mitothin, is really who in disguise?
(a) The Rider.
(b) The Walker.
2. The Rider tells Will that the great and noble book states that he cannot harm those of the same blood as who?
(a) The Stanton children.
(b) The seventh son.
(d) An Old One.
3. What does the book of Gramayre send Will swimming through?
(a) Deadly sharp coral.
4. What reason does Hawkin give for betraying the Light to the Dark?
(a) He is scared of Merriman.
(b) He is afraid of death.
(c) He is afraid of the Lady.
(d) He is angry with Merriman.
5. What is Will, an Old One, fighting for?
(a) The survival of the human race.
6. Who is Will's shipped present from?
(d) Mr. Stanton.
7. Who does Will find standing next to the great beech tree?
8. Instead of presenting Will with a story, what does Merriman tell Will the book will provide for him?
(a) A story.
(b) A poem.
(c) A snatch of verse or a bright image.
9. When Will returns from battle, who helps to warm him?
(b) John Smith.
(d) Mrs. Stanton.
10. What is drawn on the very last page of the book of Gramayre?
(a) The five circle pyramid signs.
(b) The six circle cross signs joined into one circle.
(c) The six cross signs joined in a square.
(d) A list of the six signs.
11. The Rider tells Will that Mary is caught by what kind of spell?
(a) Leaf turned.
(b) Out of time.
(c) Pitch black.
(d) The old spell of Lir.
12. In what part of the world is Stephen stationed?
(a) The United States.
(b) Kingston, Jamaica.
13. How many times in a year does the Hunting of the Wren occur?
14. What do the Old Ones do when the Dark attacks?
(b) Create more light.
(c) Destroy them.
(d) Hold them at bay.
15. After the Dark attacks after the church service on Christmas Day, what does Will do to try to stop the Dark?
(a) Breaks the protection circle.
(b) Fights back.
(d) Tries to contact the Lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. Windsor Castle is located where?
2. According to Merriman, where will the food and fuel be dropped?
3. What is the term used to rally the hounds on the full chase?
4. When does Merriman say the most dangerous peak of the Dark's power will come?
5. Where does Will secure the signs when riding the white horse?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)