|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Dark attacks after the church service on Christmas Day, what does Will do to try to stop the Dark?
(a) Tries to contact the Lady.
(b) Fights back.
(d) Breaks the protection circle.
2. What does Will find in the rushing water beside the river road?
(a) Another sign.
(b) The carnival head.
(c) A staff.
(d) The Lady's watch.
3. What is the term used to rally the hounds on the full chase?
4. Who offers to take the little signs from Will and carry them?
(b) The Walker.
(c) Mr. Beaumont.
(d) The Lady.
5. On what horse does Old George ride during the Hunt?
6. When Merriman commands the flames of Dark to leave the manor, who answers him back?
(a) Mr. Beaumont.
(b) The Rider.
7. When he wakes up, what does the Walker request for breakfast?
(c) Honey and bread.
(d) The third sign.
8. On the way home from caroling, Paul tells Will that he would give anything to have a what?
9. What must Will do, according to George, to ensure he has enough light to see with?
(a) Use his power to light.
(b) Count to 1000.
(c) Call for Merriman.
(d) Count to100.
10. Where do the glowing signs lead Will at the end of the Dark's attack?
(a) To the Dawson's farm.
(b) To the Sign of Stone.
(c) To the woods.
(d) To Greythorne manor.
11. Who does Will find standing next to the great beech tree?
12. According to George, moving water is free of what?
13. When the signs are joined in the rings of gold, which two signs are in the center?
(a) Fire and Earth.
(b) Earth and Snow.
(c) Earth and water.
(d) Fire and water.
14. What does the Walker summon from the book of Graymere?
15. According to Maggie Barnes, who are kinder masters than the Light?
(a) The Dark and the Rider.
(b) The Rider and Maggie.
(c) The humans.
(d) The Dark and the Walker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the river that the king of the last sign sailed in?
2. According to The Lady, each of the things of power is made by who?
3. According to Will, what embodies the power of the Dark at its Midwinter peak?
4. What does Will do with the rook feather?
5. What song are the people singing after the church service is over?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)