|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Will, what embodies the power of the Dark at its Midwinter peak?
(a) The rooks.
(b) The farm.
(d) The two levels of time.
2. During the Hunt, who is wearing the great horned mask that Will received as a gift?
(a) The Walker.
(b) The Hunter.
3. After the church service is over, who stays behind with Will and Paul?
(a) Frank Dawson, Old George, John and John's wife.
(c) Frank Dawson.
(d) The Stanton family.
4. Who is Will's shipped present from?
(c) Mr. Stanton.
5. According to Maggie Barnes, who are kinder masters than the Light?
(a) The Dark and the Rider.
(b) The Dark and the Walker.
(c) The Rider and Maggie.
(d) The humans.
6. What rings the Great Park, according to Merriman?
(b) Great Woods.
(c) Hunter's Combe.
(d) Dawson's Farm.
7. According to the Rider, what does he claim the Dark will take from the Old Ones?
(a) The Light.
(b) All the things of power.
(c) Their lives.
(d) The six signs.
8. What sign must be broken to keep the Circle of Signs from being joined?
(a) The sign of bronze.
(b) The sign of iron.
(c) The sign of fire.
(d) The sign of water.
9. What does Will tell Paul the signs around his belt are?
(a) Buckle things.
(b) Belt loop decorations.
(d) Gifts from Merriman.
10. The day after Christmas, James tells Will that the snow has broken what in the kitchen?
(a) The sleigh.
(b) The door.
(c) The screen.
(d) The window.
11. During her explanation of the things of power, what does the Lady call Will?
(a) The seeker.
(b) A chosen one.
(c) The sign seeker.
(d) An Old One.
12. What is drawn on the very last page of the book of Gramayre?
(a) A list of the six signs.
(b) The six circle cross signs joined into one circle.
(c) The six cross signs joined in a square.
(d) The five circle pyramid signs.
13. What type of singers have been singing Good King Wenceslas at the manor since the beginning of the manor?
(a) Huntercombe Carol singers.
(b) The Stantons.
(c) The Old Ones.
(d) The Dawsons.
14. What does Miss Greythorne read to the children who have gathered at the manor for safety?
(a) The Dark is Rising.
(b) The Graymere book.
(c) The Phoenix and the Carpet.
(d) The Bible.
15. Who orders that Merriman should be made?
(a) The Old Ones.
(b) The Dark.
(c) The Light.
(d) The Lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many flames of Dark are there, according to the Walker?
2. In Part 3, where does George leave Will?
3. According to Merriman, where will the food and fuel be dropped?
4. Where does Old George take Hawkin's body?
5. For his betrayal, what punishment does Hawkin receive?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)