|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Stanton family members disappears on the way to the manor?
2. What does Merriman reveal is the Walker's real name?
(d) The Lady.
3. After reading the book of Gramayre, how does Will feel?
4. What does Hawkin tell Will that the Rider will exchange for his sister?
(a) The belt.
(d) The signs.
5. According to Merriman, the peak of the Dark occurs during what time of year?
(a) At the end of Buckinghamshire and the beginning of Berkshire.
(b) At the end of the Londonshire.
(c) At the end of Berkshire and the beginning of Buckinghamshire.
(d) At the beginning of Ireland.
6. When Merriman commands the flames of Dark to leave the manor, who answers him back?
(c) The Rider.
(d) Mr. Beaumont.
7. How many flames of Dark are there, according to the Walker?
8. Merriman tells Will that the signs must be joined by John Smith at this time because of what?
(a) John Smith is an Old One.
(b) The smithy will soon be destroyed.
(c) He trusts no one else to do it.
(d) John is the only blacksmith.
9. What is the term for the rapid urgent collecting, which summons the hounds?
(a) The menee.
(b) The rising.
(c) The great call.
(d) The call.
10. What is Will, an Old One, fighting for?
(c) The survival of the human race.
11. The Rider tells Will that Mary is caught by what kind of spell?
(a) The old spell of Lir.
(b) Out of time.
(c) Leaf turned.
(d) Pitch black.
12. During the Hunt, who is wearing the great horned mask that Will received as a gift?
(a) The Walker.
(c) The Hunter.
13. When does Merriman say the most dangerous peak of the Dark's power will come?
(a) At the Winter Solstice.
(b) A Christmas.
(c) At his birthday.
(d) At Twelfth Night.
14. How many times in a year does the Hunting of the Wren occur?
15. When Will returns from battle, who helps to warm him?
(a) Mrs. Stanton.
(c) John Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to George, the big oak in Great Park is called what?
2. What sign does Merriman force Hawkin to carry throughout the centuries?
3. According to the book of Gramayre, what is the name of the bright star?
4. After the church service is over, who stays behind with Will and Paul?
5. What does the Walker summon from the book of Graymere?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)