|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her explanation of the things of power, what does the Lady call Will?
(a) A chosen one.
(b) An Old One.
(c) The seeker.
(d) The sign seeker.
2. According to George, the big oak in Great Park is called what?
(a) Herne's Oak.
(b) Great Oak.
(c) Bright Oak.
(d) Rippling Oak.
3. What is the term used to rally the hounds on the full chase?
4. Who betrays Merriman and shapes the course of Will's quest?
(b) The Rider.
5. Why won't Will deal with Hawkin?
(a) Because the Rider said not to meet.
(b) Because Merriman said nothing.
(c) Nothing will work to stop the Light.
(d) Because Hawkin is nothing.
6. According to Merriman, what do the lords of the Dark never risk demanding?
(a) Their horses.
(b) The signs.
(c) The Light.
7. How does the Dark attack the Old Ones at the church?
(a) Sending hundreds of rooks.
(b) Making the lights go out.
(c) Sending rain.
(d) Sending snow.
8. According to Merriman, what do the hounds of doom eat?
9. What must Will do, according to George, to ensure he has enough light to see with?
(a) Use his power to light.
(b) Count to 1000.
(c) Count to100.
(d) Call for Merriman.
10. What type of singers have been singing Good King Wenceslas at the manor since the beginning of the manor?
(a) Huntercombe Carol singers.
(b) The Dawsons.
(c) The Stantons.
(d) The Old Ones.
11. What sign does Merriman force Hawkin to carry throughout the centuries?
(a) The sign of bronze.
(b) The sign of wood.
(c) The sign of iron.
(d) The sign of copper.
12. What sign must be broken to keep the Circle of Signs from being joined?
(a) The sign of bronze.
(b) The sign of fire.
(c) The sign of water.
(d) The sign of iron.
13. What does Hawkin tell Will that the Rider will exchange for his sister?
(a) The signs.
(b) The belt.
14. What does Will tell Paul the signs around his belt are?
(a) Buckle things.
(b) Gifts from Merriman.
(c) Belt loop decorations.
15. According to George, where must the white horse go?
(a) To the hunter.
(b) To the city.
(c) To another time.
(d) To the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many flames of Dark are there, according to the Walker?
2. Mr. Stanton's friend, Mr. Mitothin, is really who in disguise?
3. What does the Walker summon from the book of Graymere?
4. According to the book of Gramayre, what is one of the five birds that can see the Dark?
5. According to Will, what embodies the power of the Dark at its Midwinter peak?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)