|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Merriman, where will the food and fuel be dropped?
(a) At the Stanton home.
(b) At the manor grounds.
(c) At the Dawson's farm.
(d) At the woods.
2. When he wakes up, what does the Walker request for breakfast?
(b) The third sign.
(c) Honey and bread.
3. According to George, where must the white horse go?
(a) To the woods.
(b) To the city.
(c) To another time.
(d) To the hunter.
4. What must Will do, according to George, to ensure he has enough light to see with?
(a) Count to 1000.
(b) Count to100.
(c) Call for Merriman.
(d) Use his power to light.
5. What sign must be broken to keep the Circle of Signs from being joined?
(a) The sign of bronze.
(b) The sign of water.
(c) The sign of iron.
(d) The sign of fire.
6. What does Merriman reveal is the Walker's real name?
(b) The Lady.
7. What causes Will to realize the flood has come to his home?
(a) The ribbons in Gwen's hair.
(b) The ribbon Mary had ripped off a package.
(c) The ribbons on the Rider's horse.
(d) The ribbons on the white horse.
8. What does the Walker summon from the book of Graymere?
9. What rings the Great Park, according to Merriman?
(b) Dawson's Farm.
(c) Great Woods.
(d) Hunter's Combe.
10. What do the Old Ones do when the Dark attacks?
(a) Hold them at bay.
(b) Create more light.
(c) Destroy them.
11. What does Will find in the rushing water beside the river road?
(a) The carnival head.
(b) Another sign.
(c) A staff.
(d) The Lady's watch.
12. After reading the book of Gramayre, how does Will feel?
13. What is Will, an Old One, fighting for?
(b) The survival of the human race.
14. According to Merriman, what do the hounds of doom eat?
15. In what part of the world is Stephen stationed?
(a) Kingston, Jamaica.
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Greythorne read to the children who have gathered at the manor for safety?
2. How does the Dark attack the Old Ones at the church?
3. What does Will do with the rook feather?
4. The Rider tells Will that Mary is caught by what kind of spell?
5. On the way home from caroling, Paul tells Will that he would give anything to have a what?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)