|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the church service is over, who stays behind with Will and Paul?
(a) Frank Dawson.
(c) The Stanton family.
(d) Frank Dawson, Old George, John and John's wife.
2. What does the book of Gramayre send Will swimming through?
(d) Deadly sharp coral.
3. What is Will's delivered present arrive in?
(a) A carrier envelope.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A box.
(d) A wooden crate.
4. According to The Lady, each of the things of power is made by who?
(a) The same craftsman of the Dark.
(b) Different craftsman of the Dark.
(c) The same craftman of the Light.
(d) A different craftsman of the Light.
5. What do the Old Ones do when the Dark attacks?
(b) Destroy them.
(c) Create more light.
(d) Hold them at bay.
6. What does Will do with the rook feather?
(a) He threads it through all three signs.
(b) Threads it through the sign of Bronze.
(c) He throws it at the rooks.
(d) Takes it off his belt.
7. What is drawn on the very last page of the book of Gramayre?
(a) The six cross signs joined in a square.
(b) The five circle pyramid signs.
(c) A list of the six signs.
(d) The six circle cross signs joined into one circle.
8. When does Merriman say the most dangerous peak of the Dark's power will come?
(a) At the Winter Solstice.
(b) A Christmas.
(c) At his birthday.
(d) At Twelfth Night.
9. During the Hunt, who is wearing the great horned mask that Will received as a gift?
(c) The Walker.
(d) The Hunter.
10. When Hawkins speaks of the Old Ones, what does Will notice in his voice?
(a) Happiness and joy.
(b) Loyalty and respect.
(c) Envy and greed.
(d) Bitterness and anger.
11. According to Merriman, what do the hounds of doom eat?
12. According to Will, what embodies the power of the Dark at its Midwinter peak?
(a) The farm.
(b) The two levels of time.
(d) The rooks.
13. According to the book of Gramayre, what is the one element that can defy all magic?
14. In Part 3, where does George leave Will?
(a) At the farm.
(b) At the common.
(c) At the manor.
(d) At the woods.
15. How does the Dark attack the Old Ones at the church?
(a) Sending rain.
(b) Sending snow.
(c) Making the lights go out.
(d) Sending hundreds of rooks.
Short Answer Questions
1. After reading the book of Gramayre, how does Will feel?
2. On what horse does Old George ride during the Hunt?
3. According to George, where must the white horse go?
4. According to George, moving water is free of what?
5. According to Merriman, what do the lords of the Dark never risk demanding?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)