|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Stanton family members disappears on the way to the manor?
2. During her explanation of the things of power, what does the Lady call Will?
(a) An Old One.
(b) A chosen one.
(c) The sign seeker.
(d) The seeker.
3. What does the book of Gramayre send Will swimming through?
(a) Deadly sharp coral.
4. In what part of the world is Stephen stationed?
(a) Kingston, Jamaica.
(c) The United States.
5. Windsor Castle is located where?
(a) The moat.
(b) The Great Park.
(c) The woods.
(d) Outside of the manor.
6. According to Merriman, the peak of the Dark occurs during what time of year?
(a) At the end of Berkshire and the beginning of Buckinghamshire.
(b) At the end of the Londonshire.
(c) At the end of Buckinghamshire and the beginning of Berkshire.
(d) At the beginning of Ireland.
7. Who orders that Merriman should be made?
(a) The Dark.
(b) The Light.
(c) The Old Ones.
(d) The Lady.
8. Who betrays Merriman and shapes the course of Will's quest?
(b) The Rider.
9. Instead of presenting Will with a story, what does Merriman tell Will the book will provide for him?
(a) A snatch of verse or a bright image.
(c) A poem.
(d) A story.
10. After the Dark attacks after the church service on Christmas Day, what does Will do to try to stop the Dark?
(b) Tries to contact the Lady.
(c) Breaks the protection circle.
(d) Fights back.
11. For his betrayal, what punishment does Hawkin receive?
(a) He is returned to the future.
(b) He is brought out of his own time.
(c) He is cursed to remain in his own time.
(d) He is taken to the past.
12. When does Merriman say the most dangerous peak of the Dark's power will come?
(a) A Christmas.
(b) At Twelfth Night.
(c) At the Winter Solstice.
(d) At his birthday.
13. What is the term used to rally the hounds on the full chase?
14. Where does Old George take Hawkin's body?
(a) To the manor.
(b) In the direction of the church.
(c) To the farm.
(d) To the woods.
15. Outside the manor, which sign is burned into Will's forearm and causes the Rider to fall back?
(a) The sign of iron.
(b) The sign of bronze.
(c) The sign of wood.
(d) The sign of copper.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to George, the big oak in Great Park is called what?
2. When Will returns from battle, who helps to warm him?
3. Why won't Will deal with Hawkin?
4. What is another word for the hounds of doom?
5. What must Will do, according to George, to ensure he has enough light to see with?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)