|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Old George take Hawkin's body?
(a) To the woods.
(b) In the direction of the church.
(c) To the manor.
(d) To the farm.
2. What is the term for the rapid urgent collecting, which summons the hounds?
(a) The rising.
(b) The menee.
(c) The call.
(d) The great call.
3. What is Will's delivered present arrive in?
(a) A wooden crate.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A carrier envelope.
(d) A box.
4. Mr. Stanton's friend, Mr. Mitothin, is really who in disguise?
(a) The Walker.
(d) The Rider.
5. What is drawn on the very last page of the book of Gramayre?
(a) The six circle cross signs joined into one circle.
(b) A list of the six signs.
(c) The five circle pyramid signs.
(d) The six cross signs joined in a square.
6. Where does Will secure the signs when riding the white horse?
(a) In the satchel.
(b) At home.
(c) On his belt.
(d) In his pocket.
7. What does Will find in the rushing water beside the river road?
(a) A staff.
(b) The carnival head.
(c) The Lady's watch.
(d) Another sign.
8. On what horse does Old George ride during the Hunt?
9. According to The Lady, each of the things of power is made by who?
(a) A different craftsman of the Light.
(b) The same craftsman of the Dark.
(c) The same craftman of the Light.
(d) Different craftsman of the Dark.
10. What does Will do to Mr. Beaumont and Paul to protect them from the Dark?
(a) Forces them to leave.
(b) Puts them to sleep.
(c) Closes their minds.
(d) Puts them out of time.
11. What is used in the package to cushion the present?
(c) Package peanuts.
(d) Palm leaves.
12. What does Will do with the rook feather?
(a) Threads it through the sign of Bronze.
(b) Takes it off his belt.
(c) He throws it at the rooks.
(d) He threads it through all three signs.
13. What rings the Great Park, according to Merriman?
(a) Great Woods.
(b) Dawson's Farm.
(d) Hunter's Combe.
14. When Hawkins speaks of the Old Ones, what does Will notice in his voice?
(a) Happiness and joy.
(b) Bitterness and anger.
(c) Envy and greed.
(d) Loyalty and respect.
15. For his betrayal, what punishment does Hawkin receive?
(a) He is cursed to remain in his own time.
(b) He is returned to the future.
(c) He is brought out of his own time.
(d) He is taken to the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song are the people singing after the church service is over?
2. Instead of presenting Will with a story, what does Merriman tell Will the book will provide for him?
3. According to George, where must the white horse go?
4. By opening the door between the Dark and the Walker, what does Will allow the Walker to gain?
5. On the way home from caroling, Paul tells Will that he would give anything to have a what?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)