|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Old Ones do when the Dark attacks?
(b) Hold them at bay.
(c) Destroy them.
(d) Create more light.
2. On what horse does Old George ride during the Hunt?
3. What present does Stephen send to Will?
(a) A costume.
(b) Comic books.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A giant carnival head.
4. What are the names of the horses on Dawson's farm?
(a) Caster and Pollux.
(b) Will and Storm.
(c) Mark and John.
(d) Prig and Sand.
5. What does the Walker summon from the book of Graymere?
6. What reason does Hawkin give for betraying the Light to the Dark?
(a) He is afraid of the Lady.
(b) He is scared of Merriman.
(c) He is angry with Merriman.
(d) He is afraid of death.
7. Who is Will's shipped present from?
(a) Mr. Stanton.
8. According to the book of Gramayre, what is the name of the bright star?
(a) Milky Way.
(c) North Star.
9. According to Merriman, where will the food and fuel be dropped?
(a) At the Dawson's farm.
(b) At the woods.
(c) At the manor grounds.
(d) At the Stanton home.
10. According to the Old Ones, what do the birds speak with?
11. What does Will do with the rook feather?
(a) He throws it at the rooks.
(b) He threads it through all three signs.
(c) Threads it through the sign of Bronze.
(d) Takes it off his belt.
12. After the Dark attacks after the church service on Christmas Day, what does Will do to try to stop the Dark?
(b) Breaks the protection circle.
(c) Tries to contact the Lady.
(d) Fights back.
13. Merriman tells Will that the signs must be joined by John Smith at this time because of what?
(a) He trusts no one else to do it.
(b) The smithy will soon be destroyed.
(c) John Smith is an Old One.
(d) John is the only blacksmith.
14. Instead of presenting Will with a story, what does Merriman tell Will the book will provide for him?
(a) A snatch of verse or a bright image.
(b) A story.
(c) A poem.
15. What is the term used to rally the hounds on the full chase?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used in the package to cushion the present?
2. According to the Rider, what does he claim the Dark will take from the Old Ones?
3. According to Will, what embodies the power of the Dark at its Midwinter peak?
4. When does Merriman say the most dangerous peak of the Dark's power will come?
5. What must Will do, according to George, to ensure he has enough light to see with?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)