|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to take the little signs from Will and carry them?
(a) The Walker.
(c) The Lady.
(d) Mr. Beaumont.
2. What sign must be broken to keep the Circle of Signs from being joined?
(a) The sign of bronze.
(b) The sign of water.
(c) The sign of iron.
(d) The sign of fire.
3. According to George, where must the white horse go?
(a) To the woods.
(b) To the city.
(c) To the hunter.
(d) To another time.
4. The Rider tells Will that Mary is caught by what kind of spell?
(a) Leaf turned.
(b) Out of time.
(c) Pitch black.
(d) The old spell of Lir.
5. According to the Rider, what does he claim the Dark will take from the Old Ones?
(a) Their lives.
(b) The six signs.
(c) The Light.
(d) All the things of power.
6. During her explanation of the things of power, what does the Lady call Will?
(a) An Old One.
(b) The sign seeker.
(c) A chosen one.
(d) The seeker.
7. What does Hawkin tell Will that the Rider will exchange for his sister?
(b) The belt.
(d) The signs.
8. What does Mr. Stanton give Will's mother for Christmas?
(a) A ring.
(b) A robe.
9. What is Will's delivered present arrive in?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A carrier envelope.
(c) A wooden crate.
(d) A box.
10. What does Merriman reveal is the Walker's real name?
(d) The Lady.
11. What type of singers have been singing Good King Wenceslas at the manor since the beginning of the manor?
(a) The Old Ones.
(b) The Dawsons.
(c) Huntercombe Carol singers.
(d) The Stantons.
12. Where does Old George take Hawkin's body?
(a) In the direction of the church.
(b) To the farm.
(c) To the woods.
(d) To the manor.
13. What causes Will to realize the flood has come to his home?
(a) The ribbons on the Rider's horse.
(b) The ribbons on the white horse.
(c) The ribbons in Gwen's hair.
(d) The ribbon Mary had ripped off a package.
14. Outside the manor, which sign is burned into Will's forearm and causes the Rider to fall back?
(a) The sign of bronze.
(b) The sign of iron.
(c) The sign of wood.
(d) The sign of copper.
15. According to George, the big oak in Great Park is called what?
(a) Herne's Oak.
(b) Great Oak.
(c) Rippling Oak.
(d) Bright Oak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Stanton's friend, Mr. Mitothin, is really who in disguise?
2. When does Merriman say the most dangerous peak of the Dark's power will come?
3. What does Will find in the rushing water beside the river road?
4. On what horse does Old George ride during the Hunt?
5. According to Merriman, the peak of the Dark occurs during what time of year?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)