|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Old Ones do when the Dark attacks?
(b) Create more light.
(c) Hold them at bay.
(d) Destroy them.
2. What type of singers have been singing Good King Wenceslas at the manor since the beginning of the manor?
(a) The Old Ones.
(b) The Dawsons.
(c) The Stantons.
(d) Huntercombe Carol singers.
3. Who betrays Merriman and shapes the course of Will's quest?
(c) The Rider.
4. According to George, the big oak in Great Park is called what?
(a) Great Oak.
(b) Bright Oak.
(c) Herne's Oak.
(d) Rippling Oak.
5. According to the Rider, what does he claim the Dark will take from the Old Ones?
(a) All the things of power.
(b) The Light.
(c) The six signs.
(d) Their lives.
6. Who is Will's shipped present from?
(a) Mr. Stanton.
7. What is the term used to rally the hounds on the full chase?
8. What does the Walker summon from the book of Graymere?
9. Merriman tells Will that the signs must be joined by John Smith at this time because of what?
(a) He trusts no one else to do it.
(b) The smithy will soon be destroyed.
(c) John Smith is an Old One.
(d) John is the only blacksmith.
10. When he wakes up, what does the Walker request for breakfast?
(c) The third sign.
(d) Honey and bread.
11. Windsor Castle is located where?
(a) The woods.
(b) The Great Park.
(c) The moat.
(d) Outside of the manor.
12. Where do the glowing signs lead Will at the end of the Dark's attack?
(a) To the woods.
(b) To Greythorne manor.
(c) To the Dawson's farm.
(d) To the Sign of Stone.
13. What does Will tell Paul the signs around his belt are?
(b) Gifts from Merriman.
(c) Belt loop decorations.
(d) Buckle things.
14. During the Hunt, who is wearing the great horned mask that Will received as a gift?
(a) The Hunter.
(b) The Walker.
15. When does Merriman say the most dangerous peak of the Dark's power will come?
(a) At Twelfth Night.
(b) At his birthday.
(c) At the Winter Solstice.
(d) A Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Will find standing next to the great beech tree?
2. How does the Dark attack the Old Ones at the church?
3. What does Will find in the rushing water beside the river road?
4. What is the term for the rapid urgent collecting, which summons the hounds?
5. Which of the Stanton family members disappears on the way to the manor?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)