|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Will that the tramp stole something from them?
(a) John Smith.
(b) Maggie Barnes.
(d) Mr. Dawson.
2. What time does Mrs. Stanton want them back from caroling on Christmas Eve?
3. What is Will, James, Mr. Stanton, and Max going to purchase?
(a) A wagon.
(c) Christmas turkey.
(d) A Christmas tree.
4. Why doesn't Will go near the family's two dogs?
(a) They snarled at him.
(b) The dogs are ill.
(c) He fears they will reject him.
(d) He doesn't like them.
5. What does Old George tell Will about the importance of holly?
(a) It is good protection against the Dark.
(b) It is good for Christmas decorations.
(c) It is good protection against snow.
(d) It is tasty food.
6. When Will walks home from town, what street does he decide to go down?
(a) Hunter's Cove.
(b) Tramp's Alley.
(c) Huntercombe Lane.
(d) The Great Woods.
7. To Will, the red-haired man in the dark robes who is seated on his black stallion looks like what?
(b) A rook.
(c) A dark cloud.
(d) A statue.
8. What does Will find odd about the iron ornament's surface?
(a) It had shine to it, and showed signs of rust.
(b) It had no shine to it, or signs of rust.
(c) It was shiny, and no signs of rust.
(d) It had no shine to it, and showed signs of rust.
9. According to Merriman, the next part of Will's quest depends on whom?
(a) The Walker.
(b) The Lady.
(c) The Rider.
10. According to the lady, what does the Rider want with Will?
(a) To capture him.
(b) To capture the sign.
(c) To stop the Light.
(d) To capture the white mare.
11. What does Will do to tell Mr. Dawson about Maggie being an agent of the Dark?
(a) Writes it on paper.
(b) Teases Max.
(c) Gives it in code.
(d) Whispers it.
12. What song do Will, James, and his siblings carol for the Rector?
(c) Merry Christmas.
(d) O' Christmas Tree.
13. How does the blacksmith stop Will from taking the stranger's food offering?
(a) By burning wood to kill the scent of tantalizing food.
(b) By placing a hot iron between Will and the stranger.
(c) By placing a hot fist into the stranger's face.
(d) By placing a hot horseshoe on the horse.
14. What symbols are on the horseshoes that John Smith puts on the mare?
(a) The same as the symbol on his ornament.
(b) The symbol of the Dark.
(c) The symbol of the church.
(d) The symbol of Christmas.
15. What does the iron ornament do to Will's fingers?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Numbs them.
(c) Cuts them.
(d) Bruises them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the radio station when Will walks by it after getting home from his walk with James?
2. In the heap of snow that falls into Will's bedroom, what does Will see, but Paul doesn't?
3. What does seeing the stranger in the black coat do to Will?
4. What does Will want more than anything for his birthday?
5. What does the stranger ask Will at the blacksmith's hut?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)