|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Will, the red-haired man in the dark robes who is seated on his black stallion looks like what?
(a) A statue.
(b) A rook.
(d) A dark cloud.
2. At the beginning of the Midwinter Day section, what wakes up Will?
3. What is Will, James, Mr. Stanton, and Max going to purchase?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A Christmas tree.
(c) Christmas turkey.
4. What does the iron ornament do to Will's fingers?
(a) Cuts them.
(b) Bruises them.
(c) Numbs them.
(d) Burns them.
5. What does Paul state is the reason Will's skylight broke?
(a) The Dark pushed against it.
(b) Birds nested on it.
(c) An icy latch that broke under the strain of the snow.
(d) A rusty latch.
6. What phrase does Mr. Dawson repeat to Will when Will visits him Midwinter's Eve?
(a) The Walker is abroad.
(b) The Walker is dangerous.
(c) The Walker is the Dark.
(d) The Walker seeks your soul.
7. Who is snoring from the other bed when Will wakes up?
8. What does Will do to tell Mr. Dawson about Maggie being an agent of the Dark?
(a) Whispers it.
(b) Gives it in code.
(c) Teases Max.
(d) Writes it on paper.
9. Who comes to the door when Will and his siblings come to carol at Greythorne Manor?
(a) The butler.
(b) The Lady.
10. According to the Walker, what do the rooks guide toward them?
(a) The Lady.
(c) The Dark.
(d) John Smith.
11. Why doesn't Will go near the family's two dogs?
(a) He fears they will reject him.
(b) The dogs are ill.
(c) They snarled at him.
(d) He doesn't like them.
12. Where has the Lady gone when she vanishes?
(a) To recover from the strain of the Dark.
(b) To fight against the Dark.
(c) To sleep a thousand years.
(d) To a different time to battle the Dark.
13. Who steps out of the shadows after Will demands his item from the Walker and calls to him?
(b) The Lady.
(c) The Rider.
(d) Maggie Barnes.
14. What does Merriman accuse Will of doing every spring at Huntercombe Manor?
(a) Sneaking onto the second floor.
(b) Breaking into the manor.
(c) Sneaking in to watch the flowers.
(d) Sitting down to drink tea.
15. What happens to the radio station when Will walks by it after getting home from his walk with James?
(a) It gets louder.
(b) It turns off.
(c) It screeches.
(d) It falls to the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Stanton say about what happened to Will's ornament letter?
2. What does the author mean when she writes, "He was crystal-clear awake, in a Midwinter Day that had been waiting for him to wake into it since the day he had been born..."?
3. Why is Will disappointed about his birthday?
4. Where are Will and his brother, James, going to get hay to feed the rabbits?
5. Who owns Huntercombe Manor?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)