|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merriman tell Will are gateways through time?
(c) The roads.
2. What is the ancient kind of symbol dating back to sun worship?
(a) The sphere.
(b) The cross.
(c) The mandela.
(d) The sundial.
3. What does Will notice is acting strangely toward him as he walks through the woods?
(a) The trees.
(b) The squirrels.
(c) The leaves.
(d) The birds.
4. Who steps out of the shadows after Will demands his item from the Walker and calls to him?
(a) Maggie Barnes.
(b) The Lady.
(c) The Rider.
5. According to Merriman, what does the Dark do to good emotions?
(a) Amplifies them.
(b) Twists them.
(c) Cloaks them to darkness.
(d) Burns them.
6. What is odd about the weather, according to the thin man with the pointed nose on the bus?
(a) This much snow fell in 1947 before Christmas.
(b) That this much snow has fallen before Christmas.
(c) That this much snow is falling before his birthday.
(d) That this much snow is falling before Will's birthday.
7. Why does Will silently rejoice as he takes in the snow-covered landscape?
(a) Because he wanted to sleep in.
(b) Because he wanted the snow to fall.
(c) Because he was happy to be alive.
(d) Because he wanted to have a snowball fight with his brothers.
8. What is Will, James, Mr. Stanton, and Max going to purchase?
(a) A Christmas tree.
(b) Christmas turkey.
(c) A wagon.
9. What time does Mrs. Stanton want them back from caroling on Christmas Eve?
10. What does The Lady remind Will of when he sees her for the first time at the manor?
(a) A cat.
(b) A fox.
(c) A bird.
(d) A lioness.
11. To Will, the red-haired man in the dark robes who is seated on his black stallion looks like what?
(b) A dark cloud.
(c) A rook.
(d) A statue.
12. What kind of Old One is Will, according to the Walker?
(a) A strong one.
(b) An ancient one.
(c) A new awake.
(d) An avatar.
13. What happens to Will's family the morning of Midwinter Day?
(a) They are separated by a horrible blizzard.
(b) They cannot wake up.
(c) They cannot speak.
(d) They eat too much.
14. What does the Dark use to get Will to break the circle?
(a) Will's impatience and hope.
(b) Will's youth and immaturity.
(c) Will's hunger and sleepiness.
(d) Will's sadness and homesickness.
15. In the heap of snow that falls into Will's bedroom, what does Will see, but Paul doesn't?
(a) A bird.
(b) A note.
(c) A piece of wood.
(d) A black feather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Will's bedroom located?
2. What does Will hear before his world changes to another time?
3. What does Mrs. Stanton call the old cardboard container?
4. According to Merriman, how long ago did the kings of England preserve the forests that the Dark inhabit?
5. At the beginning of the Sign-Seeker section, what is engraved on the two towering oak doors?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)