|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the door when Will and his siblings come to carol at Greythorne Manor?
(a) The butler.
(b) The Lady.
2. When Will walks home from town, what street does he decide to go down?
(a) Hunter's Cove.
(b) Tramp's Alley.
(c) The Great Woods.
(d) Huntercombe Lane.
3. What does Will ask the two strangers when he meets them?
(a) About the Walker and the Rider.
(b) About the iron ornament.
(c) About the snow.
(d) About the time changes.
4. What does Old George thrust into Will's hand on Christmas Eve?
(a) Holly, heavy berries.
5. While Will eats breakfast with John Smith and Martha, what appears in the clearing?
(a) A black stallion.
(b) A donkey.
(d) A white mare.
6. According to Merriman, how long ago did the kings of England preserve the forests that the Dark inhabit?
(a) 300 years ago.
(b) 200 years ago.
(c) 500 years ago.
(d) 1000 years ago.
7. According to the Walker, what do the rooks guide toward them?
(b) The Dark.
(c) John Smith.
(d) The Lady.
8. According to Merriman, the next part of Will's quest depends on whom?
(a) The Rider.
(b) The Lady.
(c) The Walker.
9. As Will walks down what would have been Huntercombe Lane in his time, what doe he smell that makes his mouth water?
(a) Freshly baked bread.
(b) Baked apple pies.
(d) Roasting rabbit.
10. What is the ancient kind of symbol dating back to sun worship?
(a) The cross.
(b) The mandela.
(c) The sundial.
(d) The sphere.
11. Why doesn't Will go near the family's two dogs?
(a) They snarled at him.
(b) He doesn't like them.
(c) The dogs are ill.
(d) He fears they will reject him.
12. Who is snoring from the other bed when Will wakes up?
13. Who owns Huntercombe Manor?
(a) Mrs. Merriman.
(b) Miss Huntercombe.
(c) Miss Greythorne.
(d) Mrs. Grey.
14. In the opening scene of Part One, what does James proclaim there are too many of?
15. As Will walks across the room at the manor, he notices that what image is everywhere?
(a) The same symbol that is on his iron ornament.
(b) The Rider's face.
(d) The white mare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will's sister, Gwen, give him at the end of the Sign-Seeker section of the novel?
2. Where do Will, James, Mr. Stanton, and Max go on Christmas Eve morning?
3. What does Mr. Stanton say about what happened to Will's ornament letter?
4. How does the blacksmith stop Will from taking the stranger's food offering?
5. After Will has the branch, who grabs him from behind and demands that he stop what he is doing?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)