|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the iron ornament do to Will's fingers?
(a) Bruises them.
(b) Cuts them.
(c) Numbs them.
(d) Burns them.
2. When Will meets the Walker, what does he demand that the Walker give to him?
(a) The papers.
(b) The second sign.
(c) The packages.
(d) The sixth sign.
3. What does Mr. Dawson give Will when he invites him into the house?
(b) An iron ornament.
(c) A piece of cake.
4. Why doesn't Will go near the family's two dogs?
(a) He doesn't like them.
(b) They snarled at him.
(c) He fears they will reject him.
(d) The dogs are ill.
5. What does the author mean when she writes, "He was crystal-clear awake, in a Midwinter Day that had been waiting for him to wake into it since the day he had been born..."?
(a) It means Will is meeting his true father.
(b) It means Will is meeting his destiny.
(c) It means Will is a wizard.
(d) It means Will is escaping evil.
6. According to James, girls have always been what since year one?
7. What does the fat lady say to the conductor about the weather at the beginning of The Walker on the Way?
(a) The Walker is on the way.
(b) More snow to come.
(c) The rooks are coming to harm him.
(d) The Dark is trying to capture her.
8. Where is Will's bedroom located?
(a) With one of his brothers.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In a guestroom.
9. What does Old George thrust into Will's hand on Christmas Eve?
(c) Holly, heavy berries.
10. What does Merriman do for the Walker?
(a) Makes him cry.
(b) Hurts him.
(c) Sends him away.
(d) Wrangles with him.
11. Who steps out of the shadows after Will demands his item from the Walker and calls to him?
(a) Maggie Barnes.
(c) The Rider.
(d) The Lady.
12. What symbols are on the horseshoes that John Smith puts on the mare?
(a) The symbol of the Dark.
(b) The same as the symbol on his ornament.
(c) The symbol of Christmas.
(d) The symbol of the church.
13. Who owns Huntercombe Manor?
(a) Miss Greythorne.
(b) Mrs. Merriman.
(c) Mrs. Grey.
(d) Miss Huntercombe.
14. When Will walks home from town, what street does he decide to go down?
(a) Tramp's Alley.
(b) The Great Woods.
(c) Hunter's Cove.
(d) Huntercombe Lane.
15. What does Paul state is the reason Will's skylight broke?
(a) A rusty latch.
(b) The Dark pushed against it.
(c) An icy latch that broke under the strain of the snow.
(d) Birds nested on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old George tell Will about the importance of holly?
2. What does the Dark use to get Will to break the circle?
3. What does John Smith tell Will about Hunter's Combe?
4. What happens to Will's family when he arrives back home from the other time?
5. At the beginning of the Sign-Seeker section, what is engraved on the two towering oak doors?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)