|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose room did Will's bedroom once belong to?
(c) Stephen, the eldest.
2. What happens to the radio station when Will walks by it after getting home from his walk with James?
(a) It turns off.
(b) It falls to the floor.
(c) It gets louder.
(d) It screeches.
3. Why doesn't Will go near the family's two dogs?
(a) They snarled at him.
(b) The dogs are ill.
(c) He fears they will reject him.
(d) He doesn't like them.
4. What phrase does Mr. Dawson repeat to Will when Will visits him Midwinter's Eve?
(a) The Walker is abroad.
(b) The Walker seeks your soul.
(c) The Walker is dangerous.
(d) The Walker is the Dark.
5. What does John Smith mean when he tells Will, "It is your privilege. Take hold of her mane where you can reach it, and you will see"?
(a) He means that Will can walk on his own.
(b) He means that Will cannot do what he wants.
(c) He means that he doesn't have to pay.
(d) He means that Will is chosen.
6. Why does Will silently rejoice as he takes in the snow-covered landscape?
(a) Because he wanted to sleep in.
(b) Because he wanted to have a snowball fight with his brothers.
(c) Because he was happy to be alive.
(d) Because he wanted the snow to fall.
7. What does Mr. Stanton state was on Will's ornament?
(a) A mandela pattern.
(b) A cross.
(c) A dove.
(d) His initial, W.
8. When taking his shortcut home, what does Will do to the branch lying on the ground?
(a) Sets is ablaze.
(b) Steps on it.
(c) Breaks it.
(d) Picks it up.
9. What symbols are on the horseshoes that John Smith puts on the mare?
(a) The symbol of the church.
(b) The symbol of the Dark.
(c) The same as the symbol on his ornament.
(d) The symbol of Christmas.
10. What does the stranger ask Will at the blacksmith's hut?
(a) To leave this time and place.
(b) To ride with him.
(c) To give him the ornament.
(d) To come to the dark side.
11. When Will meets the Walker, what does he demand that the Walker give to him?
(a) The papers.
(b) The sixth sign.
(c) The second sign.
(d) The packages.
12. After Will has the branch, who grabs him from behind and demands that he stop what he is doing?
(c) The Walker.
(d) The Lady.
13. According to the lady, what does the Rider want with Will?
(a) To capture him.
(b) To capture the sign.
(c) To stop the Light.
(d) To capture the white mare.
14. What does Will ask the two strangers when he meets them?
(a) About the iron ornament.
(b) About the snow.
(c) About the Walker and the Rider.
(d) About the time changes.
15. At the beginning of the Sign-Seeker section, what is engraved on the two towering oak doors?
(d) Bursts of light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merriman tell Will about time for the Old Ones?
2. What does Will's sister, Gwen, give him at the end of the Sign-Seeker section of the novel?
3. According to Merriman, what does the Dark do to good emotions?
4. Where do Will, James, Mr. Stanton, and Max go on Christmas Eve morning?
5. What does Will find in a big cardboard container when decorating the Christmas tree?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)