|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Will goes through the doors, who does he find waiting for him along the fireplace inside the manor?
(a) A young woman and a tall man.
(b) A young woman and a short man.
(c) An elderly woman and a tall man.
(d) An elderly woman and a short man.
2. Where has the Lady gone when she vanishes?
(a) To recover from the strain of the Dark.
(b) To a different time to battle the Dark.
(c) To fight against the Dark.
(d) To sleep a thousand years.
3. At the beginning of the Midwinter Day section, what wakes up Will?
4. To Will, the red-haired man in the dark robes who is seated on his black stallion looks like what?
(a) A statue.
(b) A rook.
(d) A dark cloud.
5. What does the fat lady say to the conductor about the weather at the beginning of The Walker on the Way?
(a) The Dark is trying to capture her.
(b) The Walker is on the way.
(c) More snow to come.
(d) The rooks are coming to harm him.
6. What does Merriman do for the Walker?
(a) Sends him away.
(b) Wrangles with him.
(c) Hurts him.
(d) Makes him cry.
7. Which character proclaims that the burden is "so heavy...And I've been carrying it for so long"?
(b) The Rider.
(c) The Walker.
(d) The Lady.
8. When Will walks home from town, what street does he decide to go down?
(a) Huntercombe Lane.
(b) Hunter's Cove.
(c) The Great Woods.
(d) Tramp's Alley.
9. What does the Dark use to get Will to break the circle?
(a) Will's sadness and homesickness.
(b) Will's hunger and sleepiness.
(c) Will's youth and immaturity.
(d) Will's impatience and hope.
10. What does Paul state is the reason Will's skylight broke?
(a) A rusty latch.
(b) An icy latch that broke under the strain of the snow.
(c) The Dark pushed against it.
(d) Birds nested on it.
11. What kind of Old One is Will, according to the Walker?
(a) An ancient one.
(b) A new awake.
(c) An avatar.
(d) A strong one.
12. According to Mrs. Stanton, who is Tom?
(a) One of the Stanton children who died.
(b) One of the Olsen's siblings.
(c) Will's twin sibling.
(d) Mr. Dawson's son.
13. At the beginning of the Sign-Seeker section, what is engraved on the two towering oak doors?
(b) Bursts of light.
14. In the heap of snow that falls into Will's bedroom, what does Will see, but Paul doesn't?
(a) A bird.
(b) A note.
(c) A piece of wood.
(d) A black feather.
15. Who do James and Will see for a second time when walking through the woods?
(b) A tramp.
(c) The Dawsons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Will's bedroom located?
2. What does Merriman accuse Will of doing every spring at Huntercombe Manor?
3. As Will walks down what would have been Huntercombe Lane in his time, what doe he smell that makes his mouth water?
4. Who owns Huntercombe Manor?
5. What is odd about the weather, according to the thin man with the pointed nose on the bus?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)