|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Will fall asleep right away when he gets into bed?
(a) A feeling of love and happiness keeps him awake.
(b) A feeling of fear keeps him awake.
(c) A feeling of fear of the dark keeps him awake.
(d) A feeling of anxiousness about his birthday keeps him awake.
2. What is the ancient kind of symbol dating back to sun worship?
(a) The sundial.
(b) The cross.
(c) The mandela.
(d) The sphere.
3. Why doesn't Will go near the family's two dogs?
(a) The dogs are ill.
(b) He fears they will reject him.
(c) He doesn't like them.
(d) They snarled at him.
4. What does Mr. Stanton state was on Will's ornament?
(a) A cross.
(b) His initial, W.
(c) A mandela pattern.
(d) A dove.
5. According to the Walker, what do the rooks guide toward them?
(a) The Lady.
(b) John Smith.
(c) The Dark.
6. What does seeing the stranger in the black coat do to Will?
(a) It makes him feel scared.
(b) It makes him whimper.
(c) It makes him angry.
(d) It makes him feel hollow inside.
7. What happens to Will's family when he arrives back home from the other time?
(a) They eat breakfast.
(b) They hug him.
(c) They wake up.
(d) They are spirited away to another time.
8. Who comes to the door when Will and his siblings come to carol at Greythorne Manor?
(b) The butler.
(d) The Lady.
9. What does the fat lady say to the conductor about the weather at the beginning of The Walker on the Way?
(a) More snow to come.
(b) The rooks are coming to harm him.
(c) The Walker is on the way.
(d) The Dark is trying to capture her.
10. What happens to Merriman when Will starts talking to Max?
(a) He melts.
(b) He coughs.
(c) He falls on the ice.
(d) He vanishes.
11. What does Will ask the two strangers when he meets them?
(a) About the snow.
(b) About the Walker and the Rider.
(c) About the time changes.
(d) About the iron ornament.
12. Who demands that Will show the first sign to him?
(b) The Rider.
(c) John Smith.
(d) The Walker.
13. What does Merriman do for the Walker?
(a) Hurts him.
(b) Sends him away.
(c) Makes him cry.
(d) Wrangles with him.
14. What does Merriman accuse Will of doing every spring at Huntercombe Manor?
(a) Sneaking onto the second floor.
(b) Sitting down to drink tea.
(c) Sneaking in to watch the flowers.
(d) Breaking into the manor.
15. As Will walks down what would have been Huntercombe Lane in his time, what doe he smell that makes his mouth water?
(a) Baked apple pies.
(c) Freshly baked bread.
(d) Roasting rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the blacksmith stop Will from taking the stranger's food offering?
2. What does Mr. Stanton say about what happened to Will's ornament letter?
3. On Christmas Eve, what emotion is running through the Stanton family?
4. What does John Smith tell Will about Hunter's Combe?
5. Who do James and Will see for a second time when walking through the woods?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)