|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will do to tell Mr. Dawson about Maggie being an agent of the Dark?
(a) Teases Max.
(b) Whispers it.
(c) Gives it in code.
(d) Writes it on paper.
2. What happens to Will's family when he arrives back home from the other time?
(a) They wake up.
(b) They eat breakfast.
(c) They are spirited away to another time.
(d) They hug him.
3. To Will, the red-haired man in the dark robes who is seated on his black stallion looks like what?
(a) A dark cloud.
(c) A rook.
(d) A statue.
4. Why doesn't Will fall asleep right away when he gets into bed?
(a) A feeling of fear of the dark keeps him awake.
(b) A feeling of love and happiness keeps him awake.
(c) A feeling of anxiousness about his birthday keeps him awake.
(d) A feeling of fear keeps him awake.
5. What does John Smith mean when he tells Will, "It is your privilege. Take hold of her mane where you can reach it, and you will see"?
(a) He means that Will can walk on his own.
(b) He means that he doesn't have to pay.
(c) He means that Will cannot do what he wants.
(d) He means that Will is chosen.
6. Why doesn't Will go near the family's two dogs?
(a) The dogs are ill.
(b) He doesn't like them.
(c) He fears they will reject him.
(d) They snarled at him.
7. Where are Will and his brother, James, going to get hay to feed the rabbits?
(a) Stanton Farm.
(b) Rook's Woods.
(c) Grocery Store.
(d) Dawson's farm.
8. What is odd about the weather, according to the thin man with the pointed nose on the bus?
(a) That this much snow is falling before his birthday.
(b) That this much snow is falling before Will's birthday.
(c) This much snow fell in 1947 before Christmas.
(d) That this much snow has fallen before Christmas.
9. Who do James and Will see for a second time when walking through the woods?
(b) A tramp.
(d) The Dawsons.
10. What does Will hear before his world changes to another time?
(c) A prayer.
11. While Will eats breakfast with John Smith and Martha, what appears in the clearing?
(a) A white mare.
(b) A black stallion.
(c) A donkey.
12. What does the fat lady say to the conductor about the weather at the beginning of The Walker on the Way?
(a) The rooks are coming to harm him.
(b) More snow to come.
(c) The Walker is on the way.
(d) The Dark is trying to capture her.
13. At the beginning of the Midwinter Day section, what wakes up Will?
14. After Will has the branch, who grabs him from behind and demands that he stop what he is doing?
(b) The Walker.
(c) The Lady.
15. What does Mrs. Stanton call the old cardboard container?
(a) Frank Dawson's box of letters.
(b) An old box of letters from Old George.
(c) A box of ornaments.
(d) An old box of poems.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the Sign-Seeker section, what is engraved on the two towering oak doors?
2. What happens to Merriman when Will starts talking to Max?
3. What does Mr. Stanton say about what happened to Will's ornament letter?
4. Who tells Will that the tramp stole something from them?
5. What phrase does Mr. Dawson repeat to Will when Will visits him Midwinter's Eve?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)