|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns Huntercombe Manor?
(a) Mrs. Merriman.
(b) Miss Greythorne.
(c) Mrs. Grey.
(d) Miss Huntercombe.
2. What does the author mean when she writes, "He was crystal-clear awake, in a Midwinter Day that had been waiting for him to wake into it since the day he had been born..."?
(a) It means Will is a wizard.
(b) It means Will is meeting his destiny.
(c) It means Will is meeting his true father.
(d) It means Will is escaping evil.
3. Where is Will's bedroom located?
(a) In a guestroom.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the basement.
(d) With one of his brothers.
4. At the beginning of the Midwinter Day section, what wakes up Will?
5. What does Will do to tell Mr. Dawson about Maggie being an agent of the Dark?
(a) Writes it on paper.
(b) Teases Max.
(c) Gives it in code.
(d) Whispers it.
6. According to the Walker, what do the rooks guide toward them?
(a) The Lady.
(b) The Dark.
(c) John Smith.
7. What happens to Will's family the morning of Midwinter Day?
(a) They cannot wake up.
(b) They eat too much.
(c) They cannot speak.
(d) They are separated by a horrible blizzard.
8. What does the fat lady say to the conductor about the weather at the beginning of The Walker on the Way?
(a) The Walker is on the way.
(b) The rooks are coming to harm him.
(c) More snow to come.
(d) The Dark is trying to capture her.
9. What song do Will, James, and his siblings carol for the Rector?
(a) O' Christmas Tree.
(d) Merry Christmas.
10. What does Old George thrust into Will's hand on Christmas Eve?
(d) Holly, heavy berries.
11. Where are Will and his brother, James, going to get hay to feed the rabbits?
(a) Stanton Farm.
(b) Rook's Woods.
(c) Dawson's farm.
(d) Grocery Store.
12. What is unique about Will's iron ornament over the last two days since Midwinter's Eve?
(a) It has changed colors.
(b) It has been covered in frost.
(c) It has been warm for two days.
(d) It has been cold.
13. What does seeing the stranger in the black coat do to Will?
(a) It makes him whimper.
(b) It makes him angry.
(c) It makes him feel hollow inside.
(d) It makes him feel scared.
14. After Will has the branch, who grabs him from behind and demands that he stop what he is doing?
(b) The Walker.
(d) The Lady.
15. What emotion describes how Will is feeling when he wakes on Midwinter Day?
Short Answer Questions
1. To Will, the red-haired man in the dark robes who is seated on his black stallion looks like what?
2. What does Will ask the two strangers when he meets them?
3. What warning does Merriman tell Will after their first meeting?
4. Who demands that Will show the first sign to him?
5. Whose room did Will's bedroom once belong to?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)