|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Will goes through the doors, who does he find waiting for him along the fireplace inside the manor?
(a) An elderly woman and a tall man.
(b) A young woman and a tall man.
(c) An elderly woman and a short man.
(d) A young woman and a short man.
2. Who is snoring from the other bed when Will wakes up?
3. What does Merriman tell Will about the signs and the Dark?
(a) The signs are for them to collect on their own.
(b) The signs are part of the Light.
(c) The signs are beyond their touching.
(d) The signs are parts of the Dark.
4. What does Merriman tell Will about time for the Old Ones?
(a) Time is backwards.
(b) Time remains in one direction.
(c) Time is linear.
(d) Time co-exists.
5. When Will meets the Walker, what does he demand that the Walker give to him?
(a) The packages.
(b) The sixth sign.
(c) The second sign.
(d) The papers.
6. What time does Mrs. Stanton want them back from caroling on Christmas Eve?
7. What does Will find in a big cardboard container when decorating the Christmas tree?
(a) The third sign.
(b) Hand-blown ornaments.
(c) Glass ornaments.
(d) Hand-carved ornaments.
8. Which character proclaims that the burden is "so heavy...And I've been carrying it for so long"?
(a) The Walker.
(b) The Lady.
(d) The Rider.
9. What kind of Old One is Will, according to the Walker?
(a) An avatar.
(b) A strong one.
(c) An ancient one.
(d) A new awake.
10. To Will, the red-haired man in the dark robes who is seated on his black stallion looks like what?
(a) A statue.
(b) A dark cloud.
(c) A rook.
11. According to Merriman, what does the Dark do to good emotions?
(a) Amplifies them.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Cloaks them to darkness.
(d) Twists them.
12. Who do James and Will see for a second time when walking through the woods?
(a) A tramp.
(c) The Dawsons.
13. Where is Will's bedroom located?
(a) In the basement.
(b) With one of his brothers.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In a guestroom.
14. Who comes to the door when Will and his siblings come to carol at Greythorne Manor?
(b) The butler.
(d) The Lady.
15. According to the Walker, what do the rooks guide toward them?
(a) The Dark.
(c) The Lady.
(d) John Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Dawson give Will when he invites him into the house?
2. What does Old George thrust into Will's hand on Christmas Eve?
3. What does Merriman accuse Will of doing every spring at Huntercombe Manor?
4. What is unique about Will's iron ornament over the last two days since Midwinter's Eve?
5. What does Mr. Stanton state was on Will's ornament?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)