|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the lady, what does the Rider want with Will?
(a) To capture the sign.
(b) To stop the Light.
(c) To capture the white mare.
(d) To capture him.
2. What does Will want more than anything for his birthday?
(a) A new video game.
(b) A good book.
3. What is Will, James, Mr. Stanton, and Max going to purchase?
(b) Christmas turkey.
(c) A Christmas tree.
(d) A wagon.
4. Whose room did Will's bedroom once belong to?
(b) Stephen, the eldest.
5. What does the fat lady say to the conductor about the weather at the beginning of The Walker on the Way?
(a) The Walker is on the way.
(b) More snow to come.
(c) The Dark is trying to capture her.
(d) The rooks are coming to harm him.
6. What does seeing the stranger in the black coat do to Will?
(a) It makes him feel hollow inside.
(b) It makes him whimper.
(c) It makes him feel scared.
(d) It makes him angry.
7. What does Merriman tell Will about time for the Old Ones?
(a) Time co-exists.
(b) Time is backwards.
(c) Time remains in one direction.
(d) Time is linear.
8. Why is Will disappointed about his birthday?
(a) Merriman didn't show up.
(b) His family didn't celebrate it.
(c) He didn't get a present from Stephen.
(d) The Dark tainted it.
9. What does John Smith tell Will about Hunter's Combe?
(a) That the road is filled with snow and to be safe.
(b) That nothing good comes along the road.
(c) That the road is good for everyone who comes along it.
(d) That nothing can harm him along the road.
10. Where has the Lady gone when she vanishes?
(a) To sleep a thousand years.
(b) To a different time to battle the Dark.
(c) To fight against the Dark.
(d) To recover from the strain of the Dark.
11. To Will, the red-haired man in the dark robes who is seated on his black stallion looks like what?
(a) A dark cloud.
(b) A rook.
(d) A statue.
12. According to Merriman, what does the Dark do to good emotions?
(a) Amplifies them.
(b) Cloaks them to darkness.
(c) Twists them.
(d) Burns them.
13. What does Mrs. Stanton call the old cardboard container?
(a) An old box of letters from Old George.
(b) Frank Dawson's box of letters.
(c) An old box of poems.
(d) A box of ornaments.
14. What happens to Will's family when he arrives back home from the other time?
(a) They are spirited away to another time.
(b) They hug him.
(c) They eat breakfast.
(d) They wake up.
15. According to Merriman, how long ago did the kings of England preserve the forests that the Dark inhabit?
(a) 300 years ago.
(b) 1000 years ago.
(c) 500 years ago.
(d) 200 years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will hear before his world changes to another time?
2. What does Will find odd about the iron ornament's surface?
3. What does Merriman accuse Will of doing every spring at Huntercombe Manor?
4. What time does Mrs. Stanton want them back from caroling on Christmas Eve?
5. How does Robin describe Will at eleven-years-old?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)