|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose room did Will's bedroom once belong to?
(c) Stephen, the eldest.
2. According to Merriman, the next part of Will's quest depends on whom?
(b) The Rider.
(c) The Walker.
(d) The Lady.
3. According to James, girls have always been what since year one?
4. At the beginning of the Sign-Seeker section, what is engraved on the two towering oak doors?
(d) Bursts of light.
5. What does Merriman tell Will about the signs and the Dark?
(a) The signs are parts of the Dark.
(b) The signs are part of the Light.
(c) The signs are for them to collect on their own.
(d) The signs are beyond their touching.
6. At the beginning of the Midwinter Day section, what wakes up Will?
7. Who do James and Will see for a second time when walking through the woods?
(a) A tramp.
(b) The Dawsons.
8. What does John Smith mean when he tells Will, "It is your privilege. Take hold of her mane where you can reach it, and you will see"?
(a) He means that he doesn't have to pay.
(b) He means that Will cannot do what he wants.
(c) He means that Will can walk on his own.
(d) He means that Will is chosen.
9. What happens to Will's family when he arrives back home from the other time?
(a) They wake up.
(b) They eat breakfast.
(c) They hug him.
(d) They are spirited away to another time.
10. How does Robin describe Will at eleven-years-old?
11. What happens to Merriman when Will starts talking to Max?
(a) He falls on the ice.
(b) He melts.
(c) He coughs.
(d) He vanishes.
12. What does The Lady remind Will of when he sees her for the first time at the manor?
(a) A fox.
(b) A cat.
(c) A lioness.
(d) A bird.
13. Why does Will silently rejoice as he takes in the snow-covered landscape?
(a) Because he was happy to be alive.
(b) Because he wanted to have a snowball fight with his brothers.
(c) Because he wanted to sleep in.
(d) Because he wanted the snow to fall.
14. What is unique about Will's iron ornament over the last two days since Midwinter's Eve?
(a) It has been cold.
(b) It has been covered in frost.
(c) It has changed colors.
(d) It has been warm for two days.
15. What does Mr. Dawson give Will when he invites him into the house?
(a) A piece of cake.
(c) An iron ornament.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Christmas Eve, what emotion is running through the Stanton family?
2. What does Mr. Stanton say about what happened to Will's ornament letter?
3. To Will, the red-haired man in the dark robes who is seated on his black stallion looks like what?
4. What is Will, James, Mr. Stanton, and Max going to purchase?
5. What does Will do to tell Mr. Dawson about Maggie being an agent of the Dark?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)