|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who demands that Will show the first sign to him?
(a) The Walker.
(c) The Rider.
(d) John Smith.
2. Who do James and Will see for a second time when walking through the woods?
(a) A tramp.
(b) The Dawsons.
3. As Will walks down what would have been Huntercombe Lane in his time, what doe he smell that makes his mouth water?
(b) Roasting rabbit.
(c) Baked apple pies.
(d) Freshly baked bread.
4. What happens to the radio station when Will walks by it after getting home from his walk with James?
(a) It screeches.
(b) It turns off.
(c) It falls to the floor.
(d) It gets louder.
5. What does Old George tell Will about the importance of holly?
(a) It is good protection against snow.
(b) It is good for Christmas decorations.
(c) It is tasty food.
(d) It is good protection against the Dark.
6. What is odd about the weather, according to the thin man with the pointed nose on the bus?
(a) That this much snow is falling before Will's birthday.
(b) This much snow fell in 1947 before Christmas.
(c) That this much snow has fallen before Christmas.
(d) That this much snow is falling before his birthday.
7. What happens to Merriman when Will starts talking to Max?
(a) He falls on the ice.
(b) He melts.
(c) He coughs.
(d) He vanishes.
8. What does John Smith tell Will about Hunter's Combe?
(a) That the road is filled with snow and to be safe.
(b) That the road is good for everyone who comes along it.
(c) That nothing can harm him along the road.
(d) That nothing good comes along the road.
9. What is the ancient kind of symbol dating back to sun worship?
(a) The cross.
(b) The mandela.
(c) The sphere.
(d) The sundial.
10. Whose room did Will's bedroom once belong to?
(c) Stephen, the eldest.
11. What does Will do to tell Mr. Dawson about Maggie being an agent of the Dark?
(a) Gives it in code.
(b) Writes it on paper.
(c) Teases Max.
(d) Whispers it.
12. At the beginning of the Midwinter Day section, what wakes up Will?
13. Who comes to the door when Will and his siblings come to carol at Greythorne Manor?
(a) The Lady.
(c) The butler.
14. Who saves Will from being snatched by the rider?
(c) The blacksmith.
15. Who tells Will that the tramp stole something from them?
(a) Mr. Dawson.
(b) Maggie Barnes.
(d) John Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Stanton state was on Will's ornament?
2. When taking his shortcut home, what does Will do to the branch lying on the ground?
3. According to Merriman, the next part of Will's quest depends on whom?
4. According to the Walker, what do the rooks guide toward them?
5. Why is Will disappointed about his birthday?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)