|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Testing; The Hunt Rides and The Joining of the Signs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Dawson tell Will about Maggie?
(a) That Maggie had to go to the city.
(b) That Maggie had to go to the church.
(c) That Maggie had to go home for an illness in her family.
(d) That Maggie had to go to the market.
2. What emotion describes how Will is feeling when he wakes on Midwinter Day?
3. What is used in the package to cushion the present?
(a) Palm leaves.
(d) Package peanuts.
4. Where has the Lady gone when she vanishes?
(a) To sleep a thousand years.
(b) To fight against the Dark.
(c) To a different time to battle the Dark.
(d) To recover from the strain of the Dark.
5. What does Will find odd about the iron ornament's surface?
(a) It had no shine to it, or signs of rust.
(b) It was shiny, and no signs of rust.
(c) It had no shine to it, and showed signs of rust.
(d) It had shine to it, and showed signs of rust.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the Sign-Seeker section, what is engraved on the two towering oak doors?
2. What is odd about the weather, according to the thin man with the pointed nose on the bus?
3. What does Mr. Stanton say about what happened to Will's ornament letter?
4. Who offers to take the little signs from Will and carry them?
5. According to George, moving water is free of what?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)