|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Finding; The Sign-Seeker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the Midwinter Day section, what wakes up Will?
2. How does Robin describe Will at eleven-years-old?
3. While Will eats breakfast with John Smith and Martha, what appears in the clearing?
(a) A donkey.
(c) A white mare.
(d) A black stallion.
4. When James and Will return home from their walk, what does Will think is running out of his brother, James, like water?
(a) The memory of their walk to the farm.
(b) The memory of the rook attack.
(c) The memory of who he is.
(d) The memory of their talks.
5. What does seeing the stranger in the black coat do to Will?
(a) It makes him feel scared.
(b) It makes him whimper.
(c) It makes him feel hollow inside.
(d) It makes him angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will want more than anything for his birthday?
2. What does John Smith tell Will about Hunter's Combe?
3. What does Will ask the two strangers when he meets them?
4. What does John Smith mean when he tells Will, "It is your privilege. Take hold of her mane where you can reach it, and you will see"?
5. According to Merriman, how long ago did the kings of England preserve the forests that the Dark inhabit?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)