|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Finding; The Sign-Seeker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Will eats breakfast with John Smith and Martha, what appears in the clearing?
(a) A black stallion.
(b) A white mare.
(c) A donkey.
2. What does Will hear before his world changes to another time?
(b) A prayer.
3. Why does Will silently rejoice as he takes in the snow-covered landscape?
(a) Because he wanted the snow to fall.
(b) Because he wanted to sleep in.
(c) Because he was happy to be alive.
(d) Because he wanted to have a snowball fight with his brothers.
4. What phrase does Mr. Dawson repeat to Will when Will visits him Midwinter's Eve?
(a) The Walker is dangerous.
(b) The Walker is the Dark.
(c) The Walker is abroad.
(d) The Walker seeks your soul.
5. In the opening scene of Part One, what does James proclaim there are too many of?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Will walks across the room at the manor, he notices that what image is everywhere?
2. As Will walks down what would have been Huntercombe Lane in his time, what doe he smell that makes his mouth water?
3. What does the author mean when she writes, "He was crystal-clear awake, in a Midwinter Day that had been waiting for him to wake into it since the day he had been born..."?
4. What happens to Will's family when he arrives back home from the other time?
5. Why doesn't Will fall asleep right away when he gets into bed?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)