|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Finding; The Sign-Seeker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Will walks down what would have been Huntercombe Lane in his time, what doe he smell that makes his mouth water?
(b) Roasting rabbit.
(c) Baked apple pies.
(d) Freshly baked bread.
2. What symbols are on the horseshoes that John Smith puts on the mare?
(a) The symbol of the Dark.
(b) The symbol of the church.
(c) The symbol of Christmas.
(d) The same as the symbol on his ornament.
3. At the beginning of the Midwinter Day section, what wakes up Will?
4. How does the blacksmith stop Will from taking the stranger's food offering?
(a) By placing a hot fist into the stranger's face.
(b) By placing a hot iron between Will and the stranger.
(c) By placing a hot horseshoe on the horse.
(d) By burning wood to kill the scent of tantalizing food.
5. What does Will ask the two strangers when he meets them?
(a) About the Walker and the Rider.
(b) About the iron ornament.
(c) About the time changes.
(d) About the snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who demands that Will show the first sign to him?
2. In the heap of snow that falls into Will's bedroom, what does Will see, but Paul doesn't?
3. What does Will want more than anything for his birthday?
4. At the beginning of the Sign-Seeker section, what is engraved on the two towering oak doors?
5. Where has the Lady gone when she vanishes?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)