|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Finding; The Sign-Seeker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the Midwinter Day section, what wakes up Will?
2. What does seeing the stranger in the black coat do to Will?
(a) It makes him angry.
(b) It makes him feel hollow inside.
(c) It makes him whimper.
(d) It makes him feel scared.
3. What does Paul state is the reason Will's skylight broke?
(a) Birds nested on it.
(b) A rusty latch.
(c) An icy latch that broke under the strain of the snow.
(d) The Dark pushed against it.
4. What phrase does Mr. Dawson repeat to Will when Will visits him Midwinter's Eve?
(a) The Walker is abroad.
(b) The Walker is the Dark.
(c) The Walker is dangerous.
(d) The Walker seeks your soul.
5. What does Will find odd about the iron ornament's surface?
(a) It had no shine to it, or signs of rust.
(b) It was shiny, and no signs of rust.
(c) It had shine to it, and showed signs of rust.
(d) It had no shine to it, and showed signs of rust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Will's family when he arrives back home from the other time?
2. According to Merriman, how long ago did the kings of England preserve the forests that the Dark inhabit?
3. What does Merriman accuse Will of doing every spring at Huntercombe Manor?
4. How does the blacksmith stop Will from taking the stranger's food offering?
5. What emotion describes how Will is feeling when he wakes on Midwinter Day?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)