|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Testing; The King of Fire and Water.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Will walks across the room at the manor, he notices that what image is everywhere?
(a) The same symbol that is on his iron ornament.
(b) The Rider's face.
(d) The white mare.
2. What does Miss Greythorne read to the children who have gathered at the manor for safety?
(a) The Phoenix and the Carpet.
(b) The Dark is Rising.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Graymere book.
3. Whose room did Will's bedroom once belong to?
(a) Stephen, the eldest.
4. How does the blacksmith stop Will from taking the stranger's food offering?
(a) By placing a hot horseshoe on the horse.
(b) By burning wood to kill the scent of tantalizing food.
(c) By placing a hot fist into the stranger's face.
(d) By placing a hot iron between Will and the stranger.
5. Why is Will disappointed about his birthday?
(a) Merriman didn't show up.
(b) The Dark tainted it.
(c) He didn't get a present from Stephen.
(d) His family didn't celebrate it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impulsive comment does Will shout out to the bus conductor as he gets off the bus two days after his birthday?
2. What does Will hear before his world changes to another time?
3. According to the Walker, what do the rooks guide toward them?
4. What are the names of the horses on Dawson's farm?
5. What does Old George thrust into Will's hand on Christmas Eve?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)