|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Finding; The Sign-Seeker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the Sign-Seeker section, what is engraved on the two towering oak doors?
(b) Bursts of light.
2. According to the lady, what does the Rider want with Will?
(a) To capture him.
(b) To capture the white mare.
(c) To capture the sign.
(d) To stop the Light.
3. Where is Will's bedroom located?
(a) In the basement.
(b) With one of his brothers.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In a guestroom.
4. What does the author mean when she writes, "He was crystal-clear awake, in a Midwinter Day that had been waiting for him to wake into it since the day he had been born..."?
(a) It means Will is a wizard.
(b) It means Will is meeting his destiny.
(c) It means Will is escaping evil.
(d) It means Will is meeting his true father.
5. What emotion describes how Will is feeling when he wakes on Midwinter Day?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the Midwinter Day section, what wakes up Will?
2. What does the iron ornament do to Will's fingers?
3. Who demands that Will show the first sign to him?
4. What does the Dark use to get Will to break the circle?
5. While Will eats breakfast with John Smith and Martha, what appears in the clearing?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)