|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Testing; The Coming of the Cold and The Hawk in the Dark.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Walker summon from the book of Graymere?
2. What does Merriman reveal is the Walker's real name?
(b) The Lady.
3. What time does Mrs. Stanton want them back from caroling on Christmas Eve?
4. According to Merriman, the next part of Will's quest depends on whom?
(a) The Walker.
(b) The Rider.
(d) The Lady.
5. What does Will find in a big cardboard container when decorating the Christmas tree?
(a) Hand-carved ornaments.
(b) The third sign.
(c) Glass ornaments.
(d) Hand-blown ornaments.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Merriman, what sign can release the country from the hold of the Dark?
2. What does Will's sister, Gwen, give him at the end of the Sign-Seeker section of the novel?
3. What does The Lady remind Will of when he sees her for the first time at the manor?
4. The day after Christmas, James tells Will that the snow has broken what in the kitchen?
5. Where do Will, James, Mr. Stanton, and Max go on Christmas Eve morning?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)