|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Camara's father fear about Camara in regards to the snake?
(a) That he will kill the snake.
(b) That he will only have part of the gift.
(c) That he is not smart enough.
(d) That he will not have the gift.
2. What do the reapers do while they work?
(a) They eat.
(b) They sing.
(c) They talk.
(d) They complain.
3. What kind of food do the women bring the reapers at noon?
(a) Rice and beans.
(b) Rice and peas.
4. How long is the walk from Kouroussa to Tindican when Camara does it with his youngest uncle?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Four hours.
5. Who is the douga reserved for?
(a) For healthy men.
(b) For powerful men.
(c) For happy men.
(d) For celebrated men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Camara's father do as he works with the gold?
2. When do the reapers return to the village?
3. What is a sayon?
4. Where are Camara's parents' huts located?
5. What kind of woman visits Camara's father's shop in chapter two?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)