|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announces that the harvest has begun?
(a) The tam-tam.
(b) The sound of a harp.
(c) The tom-tom.
(d) The sound of a flute.
2. Why does Camara feel self-conscious in his school clothes while in Tindican?
(a) Because they look different from the other boys' clothes.
(b) Because they are expensive.
(c) Because they look similar to the other boys' clothes.
(d) Because they are uncomfortable.
3. Why do people hang ears of corn on ropes?
(a) To keep them away from the neighbors.
(b) To keep them away from the pets.
(c) To keep them away from the farm animals.
(d) To keep them away from the children.
4. Who does Camara share his bed with?
(a) His father's older apprentices.
(b) His brothers.
(c) His sisters.
(d) His father's younger apprentices.
5. What does Camara begin to do in the rice fields?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Camara do when the reapers need water?
2. What is the name of one particular apprentice Camara remembers?
3. What kind of a man is Lansana?
4. What does Camara's father fear about Camara in regards to the snake?
5. Camara's mother's presence maintains what during meal times?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)