|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Camara think about country people?
(a) That they are stupid.
(b) That they are inconsiderate.
(c) That they are dignified and considerate.
(d) That they are undignified and considerate.
2. Why does Camara assume that his father underwent the rituals of preparing to work with gold before he even stepped foot in the shop the morning of the woman's arrival with gold?
(a) Because his father already heard about this specific task.
(b) Because his father already read about this specific task.
(c) Because his father already dreamt about this specific task.
(d) Because his father has done this specific task before.
3. How does Camara feel the night after he hears the story about the special snake?
4. What does Camara believe about his mother?
(a) That she is very special.
(b) That she has special powers.
(c) That she has special flowers.
(d) That she doesn't have special powers.
5. When is the douga sung?
(a) All the time.
(c) When evil spirits need to be set free.
(d) Only when gold work is presented.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who embraces Camara when he arrives in Tindican?
2. What does Camara know about the harvest tradition?
3. How long is the walk from Kouroussa to Tindican when Camara does it with his youngest uncle?
4. What does Camara's mother forbid the men to do to the animal that she has to bring to its feet?
5. What do Camara and his friends play with while he's in Tindican?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)