|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the dream of Sue has that she awakens from feeling reunited with this lost and defiled symbol of feminine instinct?
2. Who is the woman who is downsized from a Most Holy supreme power in her time to a daddy's princess in later times?
3. What is the name of the art exhibition that Sue goes to where she encounters a picture of Sappho?
4. Sue feels that God can not be identified with any __________ just as a dancer can not be identified with a given dance.
5. The newly awakened woman is a _______ transplanted into hostile soil, until it finds ground in a circle of trees.
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sandy and Sue come upon a large stone circle in Avebury, what does the guide book say it represents?
2. What does Sue see to be a sacred place when she visits and sees a replica of Da Vinci's Cartoon of St. Anne?
3. What is the news in the old newspaper clipping that Sue's mom sends?
4. What does Sue believe is happening to the new girl-child who has been birthed by her awakening?
5. What does the much younger Sue want to do in response to the newspaper clipping that her mom has sent to her?
6. What does Sandy surprise Sue with when she lands at the airport after her trip to a speaking engagement?
7. What does Sue take and then give an offering of another buffalo head nickel to balance the gift when she goes to see the buffaloes?
8. What does Maya Angelou say in an interview which makes Sue begin to understand empowerment?
9. What does Sue see in a magazine as the plane is beginning to descend from the sky and she wishes she could disappear into that image?
10. What does a Cherokee woman Sue meets on a retreat tell her that her dreams are meant to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sue stands up for her daughter in the middle of the drugstore, possibly causing a scene for both herself and her daughter.
Part 1: Do you think it is necessary for Sue to say anything about the men who are talking about her daughter?
Part 2: How do you think Sue's daughter feels about her mom stepping in when the men are making rude comments?
Part 3: Why do you think Sue decides that she needs to say something about the men talking about her daughter?
Essay Topic 2
Sue begins to feel that her faith relies too heavily on the patriarchy and on the idea of a man being in charge at all times.
Part 1: Do you think that the patriarchy is in charge of the world as a whole?
Part 2: What are some of the problems of having a patriarchy system in place?
Part 3: How can the world change to be more balanced in terms of male and female power?
Essay Topic 3
The dreams Sue has seem to indicate that she is on the right path. They help her see obstacles and the way that her mind works on the questions she still has.
Part 1: Do you feel that dreams are an important part of your experience as a human being?
Part 2: How do dreams affect the way a person lives their daily life?
Part 3: Why do you think Sue begins to have so many dreams about her spiritual questions?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)