|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue begin to collect for her altar as she takes more journeys in the outdoors?
2. On what holiday are Sandy and Sue quietly reading, both in their own worlds of discovery?
3. Women of power are ________ artists, speaking, acting, and trusting in themselves to do what is right.
4. _________ salvages crucial elements without appearing to collude with the gnostics, according to Sue's findings.
5. What does Sue find that the Goddess was suppressed by as the time went on - the ________ god.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In life, women are seen as the caretakers of men, committed to making sure everyone else is okay.
Part 1: Why do you think women are the ones who are typically the caretakers?
Part 2: Do you think that men can be caretakers of others?
Part 3: How is it damaging to be a caretaker of others?
Essay Topic 2
The men in the drugstore note that a woman's place is on her knees, which infuriates Sue.
Part 1: Why do you think these men believe that women should be on their knees before men?
Part 2: Do you think that all men believe that women should be subservient?
Part 3: How might you have reacted if you heard the men say that a woman should be on their knees?
Essay Topic 3
Sue begins to feel that her faith relies too heavily on the patriarchy and on the idea of a man being in charge at all times.
Part 1: Do you think that the patriarchy is in charge of the world as a whole?
Part 2: What are some of the problems of having a patriarchy system in place?
Part 3: How can the world change to be more balanced in terms of male and female power?
This section contains 1,581 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)