|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _______________ of Meinrad Craighead reminds Sue of the Cartoon of St. Anne, when she and Betty visit.
2. When Sue finds the buffalo tuft, she realized she has been empowered to voice her ________, nurture inner authority, and embody her sacred feminine experience.
3. When women speak truly, they speak subversively and refuse to be _________, according to Sue.
4. When relating to Herself, a woman can attain a natural ______________ in her own life.
5. What does Athens have to do every seven years as a result of a curse placed upon it? Provide seven sacrifices to __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the story of Inanna, which Sue begins to relate to in her stay at the inn?
2. What does Maya Angelou say in an interview which makes Sue begin to understand empowerment?
3. What does the picture of Sappho have to tell Sue, although the other pictures in the museum do not affect her in the same way?
4. What does the much younger Sue want to do in response to the newspaper clipping that her mom has sent to her?
5. Who are the "kjerringsleppet" that Sue recalls in her writing in this section?
6. What does Sue begin to do in September to further push her journey into the Sacred Feminine?
7. What does a Cherokee woman Sue meets on a retreat tell her that her dreams are meant to do?
8. What are the choices from which Sue can choose to celebrate the Divine Feminine?
9. What are some of the things which can achieved by internalizing the Divine Feminine, according to the book?
10. What is the news in the old newspaper clipping that Sue's mom sends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Sacred Feminine is something that might cause the reader to wince or to be a bit more curious, as it is not necessarily accepted by everyone.
Part 1: How do you define the idea of the Sacred Feminine?
Part 2: How do you feel when you hear the idea of the Sacred Feminine?
Part 3: Do you think that you might be interested in learning more about the Sacred Feminine? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In life, women are seen as the caretakers of men, committed to making sure everyone else is okay.
Part 1: Why do you think women are the ones who are typically the caretakers?
Part 2: Do you think that men can be caretakers of others?
Part 3: How is it damaging to be a caretaker of others?
Essay Topic 3
At first, Sandy reacts to the idea of the Goddess when they are in Avebury, thinking that it sounds odd.
Part 1: Why might Sandy have had the reaction that he did to the word Goddess?
Part 2: What might your reaction be to the word Goddess if you heard it uttered aloud?
Part 3: Do you think that all cultures have had some form of goddess worship at some point? Why?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)