|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ___________ tree of Sue's writing career is full and just needs a stiff wind in order to be reoriented.
2. Sue remembers the quote about using one's ___________ in service of one's vision is more important than fear.
3. What do Sue and Sandy find which is bigger than Stonehenge when they are visiting Avebury?
4. Sue recalls hearing a six year old refer to God as _________ since God thought that would be the best thing to be.
5. What do Sue and Betty do in the grove of trees until they feel tired and spent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Betty and Sue begin to dig up two stumps? What do they find they have done?
2. What does Sue begin to do in September to further push her journey into the Sacred Feminine?
3. What happens when Sue begins to think about the idea of polluted waters and the dolphins swimming in them?
4. Why does Sue choose to display a picture of the Minoan Snake Goddess in her study?
5. What does Sandy surprise Sue with when she lands at the airport after her trip to a speaking engagement?
6. What does Sue long for in her own marriage at this point of her journey to the Sacred Feminine?
7. What does Sue see to be a sacred place when she visits and sees a replica of Da Vinci's Cartoon of St. Anne?
8. What is the news in the old newspaper clipping that Sue's mom sends?
9. What does Sue do when she is in the stone circle, connecting with the Goddess?
10. Who are the "kjerringsleppet" that Sue recalls in her writing in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sue finds ways to connect to the Sacred Feminine in nature.
Part 1: Why do you think that nature is connected to the Sacred Feminine?
Part 2: How do you think you might connect a natural spot to the idea of the Sacred Feminine?
Part 3: Do you think that you are connected enough to nature that you might be able to intuitively create an altar?
Essay Topic 2
The dreams Sue has seem to indicate that she is on the right path. They help her see obstacles and the way that her mind works on the questions she still has.
Part 1: Do you feel that dreams are an important part of your experience as a human being?
Part 2: How do dreams affect the way a person lives their daily life?
Part 3: Why do you think Sue begins to have so many dreams about her spiritual questions?
Essay Topic 3
Women, according to Sue's research and journey, seem to be held back in life. They are told they cannot do things that men can.
Part 1: Why do you think women are constantly told they cannot do certain things?
Part 2: Do you think it is reasonable to hold anyone back from doing things in their lives?
Part 3: Why are women perceived as the weaker sex? Is this true?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)