|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ must be unfrozen in order to participate in the Divine in new ways, according to Sue.
2. The Divine Feminine symbol eliminates __________ by leaving noting outside the realm of divinity.
3. What does Sue begin to collect for her altar as she takes more journeys in the outdoors?
4. What are the group of Chinese Americans doing when Sue encounters them as she walks by herself?
5. Humanity, Sue feels, needs to be drawn into Divine Mother's lap and turned into a global ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sandy surprise Sue with when she lands at the airport after her trip to a speaking engagement?
2. What does Sue see to be a sacred place when she visits and sees a replica of Da Vinci's Cartoon of St. Anne?
3. What does a Cherokee woman Sue meets on a retreat tell her that her dreams are meant to do?
4. While she plans many rituals, Sue does not realize that these rituals serve a purpose in her journey? What do these rituals do?
5. What does Sue take and then give an offering of another buffalo head nickel to balance the gift when she goes to see the buffaloes?
6. What are the choices from which Sue can choose to celebrate the Divine Feminine?
7. What does the picture of Sappho have to tell Sue, although the other pictures in the museum do not affect her in the same way?
8. What kind of music allows Sue to feel the radiant mystery of being embraced by the Goddess?
9. What does Sue long for in her own marriage at this point of her journey to the Sacred Feminine?
10. What is the news in the old newspaper clipping that Sue's mom sends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Sacred Feminine is something that might cause the reader to wince or to be a bit more curious, as it is not necessarily accepted by everyone.
Part 1: How do you define the idea of the Sacred Feminine?
Part 2: How do you feel when you hear the idea of the Sacred Feminine?
Part 3: Do you think that you might be interested in learning more about the Sacred Feminine? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The dreams Sue has seem to indicate that she is on the right path. They help her see obstacles and the way that her mind works on the questions she still has.
Part 1: Do you feel that dreams are an important part of your experience as a human being?
Part 2: How do dreams affect the way a person lives their daily life?
Part 3: Why do you think Sue begins to have so many dreams about her spiritual questions?
Essay Topic 3
Sue realizes that women are conditioned to turn to men for solutions and for insight into their troubles.
Part 1: What is wrong with turning to someone else when you have a problem?
Part 2: Why are women told to turn to men in order to help them when they are troubled?
Part 3: What part do men play in this relationship of women turning to men for help? How do they support this dependent relationship?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)