|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname Sue gives to the buffalo which she thinks she is buying as she is a kid?
2. Sue tells the male clergy man that they only have different visions about _____________ when she is scolded.
3. What path must a person follow, although it may be painful and alluring at the same time?
4. What is the name of the art exhibition that Sue goes to where she encounters a picture of Sappho?
5. Janet Frame remembers a teacher once praising her for being quiet and no ____________ at all.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sue choose to display a picture of the Minoan Snake Goddess in her study?
2. When Sandy and Sue come upon a large stone circle in Avebury, what does the guide book say it represents?
3. Who are the "kjerringsleppet" that Sue recalls in her writing in this section?
4. What does the much younger Sue want to do in response to the newspaper clipping that her mom has sent to her?
5. What does the picture of Sappho have to tell Sue, although the other pictures in the museum do not affect her in the same way?
6. What happens in the story of Inanna, which Sue begins to relate to in her stay at the inn?
7. What does Sue take and then give an offering of another buffalo head nickel to balance the gift when she goes to see the buffaloes?
8. What happens when Betty and Sue begin to dig up two stumps? What do they find they have done?
9. What does Sue do in order to cultivate her own creativity and to create space for it in her life?
10. What does Sue begin to do in September to further push her journey into the Sacred Feminine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
To some readers, it might seem that Christianity is being attacked in this book.
Part 1: Do you think Christianity purposefully keeps women in a submissive position?
Part 2: How does the Church benefit from the submission of women?
Part 3: How might the Church be strengthened if it includes more women in roles of power and authority?
Essay Topic 2
In life, women are seen as the caretakers of men, committed to making sure everyone else is okay.
Part 1: Why do you think women are the ones who are typically the caretakers?
Part 2: Do you think that men can be caretakers of others?
Part 3: How is it damaging to be a caretaker of others?
Essay Topic 3
At first, Sandy reacts to the idea of the Goddess when they are in Avebury, thinking that it sounds odd.
Part 1: Why might Sandy have had the reaction that he did to the word Goddess?
Part 2: What might your reaction be to the word Goddess if you heard it uttered aloud?
Part 3: Do you think that all cultures have had some form of goddess worship at some point? Why?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)