Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue buy in order to remind her of the power of buffalos in her life?
2. The Minotaur is a half man, half ________, according to the stories which have been told about it.
3. In her isolation, Sue begins to say goodbye to the __________ she has been as she realizes she must.
4. Sue wonders why she is uncomfortable with writing the word __________ when she attempts to do so.
5. In what country is the Sketeino Cave found, the one which Sue journeys to with other women in the same quest?
Essay Topic 1
Sue stands up for her daughter in the middle of the drugstore, possibly causing a scene for both herself and her daughter.
Part 1: Do you think it is necessary for Sue to say anything about the men who are talking about her daughter?
Part 2: How do you think Sue's daughter feels about her mom stepping in when the men are making rude comments?
Part 3: Why do you think Sue decides that she needs to say something about the men talking about her daughter?
Essay Topic 2
To some readers, it might seem that Christianity is being attacked in this book.
Part 1: Do you think Christianity purposefully keeps women in a submissive position?
Part 2: How does the Church benefit from the submission of women?
Part 3: How might the Church be strengthened if it includes more women in roles of power and authority?
Essay Topic 3
At first, Sandy reacts to the idea of the Goddess when they are in Avebury, thinking that it sounds odd.
Part 1: Why might Sandy have had the reaction that he did to the word Goddess?
Part 2: What might your reaction be to the word Goddess if you heard it uttered aloud?
Part 3: Do you think that all cultures have had some form of goddess worship at some point? Why?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)