|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Sue's African-American nanny who takes care of her while she is growing up?
(a) Sue Ellen.
2. __________ is a grace and cannot be forced, but one can create a refuge for it to take place.
3. Janet Frame remembers a teacher once praising her for being quiet and no ____________ at all.
4. Where does Sue see a picture of trees with a ray of sun striking down in the center?
(a) A movie.
(b) Her mind.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A forest.
5. A male priest friend tells Sue that she is ____________ her children with the things she is doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many altars does Sue find when she is visiting the studio of Meinrad Craighead?
2. Sue wonders if she has the ____________ in order to plant her journey in the world.
3. What does Sue buy in order to remind her of the power of buffalos in her life?
4. Esther Harding says that being a __________ did not originally mean being chaste, but belonging to one's self.
5. During what Winter Olympics are women given the chance to open up the ceremonies by skiing down the slalom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sue plant in her backyard in order to create a space for being with the Divine Feminine?
2. What does Sue do on her last retreats at Springbank, in order to pass on her lessons to others?
3. When Sandy and Sue come upon a large stone circle in Avebury, what does the guide book say it represents?
4. What does the picture of Sappho have to tell Sue, although the other pictures in the museum do not affect her in the same way?
5. What does a Cherokee woman Sue meets on a retreat tell her that her dreams are meant to do?
6. What happens when Betty and Sue begin to dig up two stumps? What do they find they have done?
7. What are some of the things which can achieved by internalizing the Divine Feminine, according to the book?
8. What are the choices from which Sue can choose to celebrate the Divine Feminine?
9. What does Sandy surprise Sue with when she lands at the airport after her trip to a speaking engagement?
10. What does Sue learn to be the name of the Goddess during a dream of her birth?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)