|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Sue on a speaking trip and performs an impromptu ritual to ask the Feminine Divine to guide and bless them?
2. Who visits Sue and tells her that her heart is a seed that she must plant in the world?
(b) Her mother.
3. What can rise inside once the attachment to the confining patriarchal world dies, according to the author?
(a) New life.
(b) New family.
(c) New mystery.
(d) New being.
4. The _______________ of Meinrad Craighead reminds Sue of the Cartoon of St. Anne, when she and Betty visit.
(a) Goddess statue.
(b) Mother Mary.
(d) Hagia Sophia.
5. Sue learns that while ___________ times where not utopian, they were nonviolent, egalitarian, and do not split nature and spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sue believes that women need to unlearn ___________ lessons about the shame and the curse of being a woman.
2. A male priest friend tells Sue that she is ____________ her children with the things she is doing.
3. Sue feels that God can not be identified with any __________ just as a dancer can not be identified with a given dance.
4. What does Sue begin to collect for her altar as she takes more journeys in the outdoors?
5. Sister Kathleen embraces the _______ spirituality of Matthew Fox and honors feminine and Native American spiritual beliefs.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sue do on her last retreats at Springbank, in order to pass on her lessons to others?
2. What does Sue believe is happening to the new girl-child who has been birthed by her awakening?
3. What does a Cherokee woman Sue meets on a retreat tell her that her dreams are meant to do?
4. What does the picture of Sappho have to tell Sue, although the other pictures in the museum do not affect her in the same way?
5. Why does Sue begin to realize that attachment to the confining patriarchal world must die?
6. What does Sue do in order to cultivate her own creativity and to create space for it in her life?
7. What does Sandy surprise Sue with when she lands at the airport after her trip to a speaking engagement?
8. What happens in the story of Inanna, which Sue begins to relate to in her stay at the inn?
9. What does Sue see to be a sacred place when she visits and sees a replica of Da Vinci's Cartoon of St. Anne?
10. What is the news in the old newspaper clipping that Sue's mom sends?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)