|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is the Sketeino Cave found, the one which Sue journeys to with other women in the same quest?
2. What does Sue encounter when she stays at her bed and breakfast in complete isolation from others?
(a) Awful abyss.
(b) White light.
(c) Black memory.
(d) True depth.
3. When Sue adds the figurine to her altar, she begins to wonder why __________ is nearly deleted from Christianity.
4. Janet Frame remembers a teacher once praising her for being quiet and no ____________ at all.
5. _________ salvages crucial elements without appearing to collude with the gnostics, according to Sue's findings.
(b) Goddess worship.
(c) Feminine ego.
Short Answer Questions
1. Esther Harding says that being a __________ did not originally mean being chaste, but belonging to one's self.
2. Who begins to cry with Sue as they realize the pain that the dolphins may be experiencing as the result of mankind?
3. There are times when Sue begins to worry that she might __________ and that she is dissolving. It scares her.
4. Who is featured on a PBS documentary that Sue later sees when she is back home after her trip?
5. The ___________ tree of Sue's writing career is full and just needs a stiff wind in order to be reoriented.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sue do in order to cultivate her own creativity and to create space for it in her life?
2. What does the much younger Sue want to do in response to the newspaper clipping that her mom has sent to her?
3. What happens when Betty and Sue begin to dig up two stumps? What do they find they have done?
4. While she plans many rituals, Sue does not realize that these rituals serve a purpose in her journey? What do these rituals do?
5. What does Sue see to be a sacred place when she visits and sees a replica of Da Vinci's Cartoon of St. Anne?
6. What does Sue learn to be the name of the Goddess during a dream of her birth?
7. What does Sue believe is happening to the new girl-child who has been birthed by her awakening?
8. What is the news in the old newspaper clipping that Sue's mom sends?
9. What kind of music allows Sue to feel the radiant mystery of being embraced by the Goddess?
10. When Sandy and Sue come upon a large stone circle in Avebury, what does the guide book say it represents?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)