|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sue and Betty do in the grove of trees until they feel tired and spent?
2. A male priest friend tells Sue that she is ____________ her children with the things she is doing.
3. Who does Sue learn takes an annual ritual bath at Kanathos in order to renew her virginity?
4. ___________, Sue thinks, needs to be acknowledged and explored to find the deepest passion and then be treated like a newborn baby.
(a) A child.
(b) A man.
(d) A muse.
5. Sue buys Ann a statue of _________, the winged goddess of victory, uniting womanhood and power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sue remembers the quote about using one's ___________ in service of one's vision is more important than fear.
2. The _______________ of Meinrad Craighead reminds Sue of the Cartoon of St. Anne, when she and Betty visit.
3. What does Sue buy in order to remind her of the power of buffalos in her life?
4. Maya Angelou says that no matter what people will do to her, "like air, ____________" in one of her many poems.
5. How many altars does Sue find when she is visiting the studio of Meinrad Craighead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the picture of Sappho have to tell Sue, although the other pictures in the museum do not affect her in the same way?
2. What does Sue do when she is in the stone circle, connecting with the Goddess?
3. What does Sue do in order to cultivate her own creativity and to create space for it in her life?
4. What kind of music allows Sue to feel the radiant mystery of being embraced by the Goddess?
5. What does Sue do on her last retreats at Springbank, in order to pass on her lessons to others?
6. What does Sue long for in her own marriage at this point of her journey to the Sacred Feminine?
7. What does the much younger Sue want to do in response to the newspaper clipping that her mom has sent to her?
8. Who are the "kjerringsleppet" that Sue recalls in her writing in this section?
9. What does Sue begin to do in September to further push her journey into the Sacred Feminine?
10. What does Sandy surprise Sue with when she lands at the airport after her trip to a speaking engagement?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)