|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sue's hands are bound together, she admits that _________ and silence are what bind her in her life.
2. Maya Angelou says that no matter what people will do to her, "like air, ____________" in one of her many poems.
(a) I'll float.
(b) I'll rise.
(c) I'll drift away.
(d) I'll sigh.
3. The ___________ tree of Sue's writing career is full and just needs a stiff wind in order to be reoriented.
4. During what Winter Olympics are women given the chance to open up the ceremonies by skiing down the slalom?
5. ___________, Sue thinks, needs to be acknowledged and explored to find the deepest passion and then be treated like a newborn baby.
(a) A man.
(b) A muse.
(c) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sue buys Ann a statue of _________, the winged goddess of victory, uniting womanhood and power.
2. How many times to Sue and Terry immerse themselves ritually while they are on the deserted island?
3. Who accompanies Sue on a speaking trip and performs an impromptu ritual to ask the Feminine Divine to guide and bless them?
4. What is the nickname Sue gives to the buffalo which she thinks she is buying as she is a kid?
5. Where is Sue going for a speaking engagement although Sandy does not want her to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the story of Inanna, which Sue begins to relate to in her stay at the inn?
2. Who are the "kjerringsleppet" that Sue recalls in her writing in this section?
3. Why does the Goddess Hera take an annual bath at Kanathos, according to Sue's findings?
4. What does Sue do in order to cultivate her own creativity and to create space for it in her life?
5. What does Sue see in a magazine as the plane is beginning to descend from the sky and she wishes she could disappear into that image?
6. What does the much younger Sue want to do in response to the newspaper clipping that her mom has sent to her?
7. Why does Sue choose to display a picture of the Minoan Snake Goddess in her study?
8. What does Sue plant in her backyard in order to create a space for being with the Divine Feminine?
9. What are some of the things which can achieved by internalizing the Divine Feminine, according to the book?
10. What does Sue learn to be the name of the Goddess during a dream of her birth?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)