|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Athens have to do every seven years as a result of a curse placed upon it? Provide seven sacrifices to __________.
2. What is the name of the art exhibition that Sue goes to where she encounters a picture of Sappho?
(a) Mother Love.
(b) Goddess Speaks.
(c) Telling Tales.
(d) Truth Matters.
3. Who does Sue learn takes an annual ritual bath at Kanathos in order to renew her virginity?
4. What is the name of Sue's African-American nanny who takes care of her while she is growing up?
(a) Sue Ellen.
5. Humanity, Sue feels, needs to be drawn into Divine Mother's lap and turned into a global ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sue see the replica of the work of Leonardo da Vinci - the Cartoon of St. Anne?
2. What is the nickname Sue gives to the buffalo which she thinks she is buying as she is a kid?
3. Which animals does Sue find to be very sacred and powerful for women, according to her research into the Lakota?
4. The ___________ tree of Sue's writing career is full and just needs a stiff wind in order to be reoriented.
5. Where does Sue dream herself to be with the inspirational magazine that she has already signed a contract with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sue take and then give an offering of another buffalo head nickel to balance the gift when she goes to see the buffaloes?
2. What happens when Betty and Sue begin to dig up two stumps? What do they find they have done?
3. Who are the "kjerringsleppet" that Sue recalls in her writing in this section?
4. What are some of the things which can achieved by internalizing the Divine Feminine, according to the book?
5. What does Sue begin to do in September to further push her journey into the Sacred Feminine?
6. When Sandy and Sue come upon a large stone circle in Avebury, what does the guide book say it represents?
7. What does the picture of Sappho have to tell Sue, although the other pictures in the museum do not affect her in the same way?
8. What kind of music allows Sue to feel the radiant mystery of being embraced by the Goddess?
9. What does Sue do with the other women who have traveled to one of the last places the Great Goddess flourishes?
10. While she plans many rituals, Sue does not realize that these rituals serve a purpose in her journey? What do these rituals do?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)