|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sue going for a speaking engagement although Sandy does not want her to go?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
2. Who is raising money in order to buy a bison for their own collection of animals?
(c) Sue's mother.
(d) Ann's school.
3. What are the group of Chinese Americans doing when Sue encounters them as she walks by herself?
(b) Taking pictures.
(c) Tai Chi.
(d) Goddess worship.
4. Who does Sue learn takes an annual ritual bath at Kanathos in order to renew her virginity?
5. When relating to Herself, a woman can attain a natural ______________ in her own life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Esther Harding says that being a __________ did not originally mean being chaste, but belonging to one's self.
2. What does Sue buy in order to remind her of the power of buffalos in her life?
3. How many times to Sue and Terry immerse themselves ritually while they are on the deserted island?
4. Sue believes that the world needs a new __________ witness in order to embrace interconnectedness and interrelatedness.
5. Sister Kathleen embraces the _______ spirituality of Matthew Fox and honors feminine and Native American spiritual beliefs.
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of music allows Sue to feel the radiant mystery of being embraced by the Goddess?
2. What does Sue begin to do in September to further push her journey into the Sacred Feminine?
3. What does the much younger Sue want to do in response to the newspaper clipping that her mom has sent to her?
4. Why does Sue begin to realize that attachment to the confining patriarchal world must die?
5. Why does the Goddess Hera take an annual bath at Kanathos, according to Sue's findings?
6. What happens when Betty and Sue begin to dig up two stumps? What do they find they have done?
7. What happens in the story of Inanna, which Sue begins to relate to in her stay at the inn?
8. What does the picture of Sappho have to tell Sue, although the other pictures in the museum do not affect her in the same way?
9. What are some of the things which can achieved by internalizing the Divine Feminine, according to the book?
10. What does Sue learn to be the name of the Goddess during a dream of her birth?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)