|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are times when Sue begins to worry that she might __________ and that she is dissolving. It scares her.
(a) Hurt herself.
2. What is a kernos stone, according to Sue's research and experience when she is in Crete?
3. Where does Sue see the replica of the work of Leonardo da Vinci - the Cartoon of St. Anne?
(a) de Young.
(b) Museum of Modern Art.
(c) Mercy Center.
(d) The Japanese Tea Garden.
4. What do Sue, Better, and other women create as they are sitting in the circle of trees at Springbrook?
(a) An altar.
(b) A book.
(c) A poem.
(d) A basket.
5. Esther Harding says that being a __________ did not originally mean being chaste, but belonging to one's self.
(a) A maiden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women of power are ________ artists, speaking, acting, and trusting in themselves to do what is right.
2. Sister Kathleen embraces the _______ spirituality of Matthew Fox and honors feminine and Native American spiritual beliefs.
3. What does Sue buy in order to remind her of the power of buffalos in her life?
4. Sue believes that the world needs a new __________ witness in order to embrace interconnectedness and interrelatedness.
5. ___________, Sue thinks, needs to be acknowledged and explored to find the deepest passion and then be treated like a newborn baby.
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sandy and Sue come upon a large stone circle in Avebury, what does the guide book say it represents?
2. What does Maya Angelou say in an interview which makes Sue begin to understand empowerment?
3. What does Sue learn to be the name of the Goddess during a dream of her birth?
4. What happens when Sue begins to think about the idea of polluted waters and the dolphins swimming in them?
5. What does Sue plant in her backyard in order to create a space for being with the Divine Feminine?
6. What does a Cherokee woman Sue meets on a retreat tell her that her dreams are meant to do?
7. Why does Sue choose to display a picture of the Minoan Snake Goddess in her study?
8. What does Sue do on her last retreats at Springbank, in order to pass on her lessons to others?
9. What does Sue see in a magazine as the plane is beginning to descend from the sky and she wishes she could disappear into that image?
10. What does Sue do in order to cultivate her own creativity and to create space for it in her life?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)