|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stone circle in Avebury represent, according to a tourist book that Sue has?
(a) The well.
(b) A labyrinth.
(c) The answer to life.
(d) Goddess' body.
2. How many times to Sue and Terry immerse themselves ritually while they are on the deserted island?
3. Sue believes that women need to unlearn ___________ lessons about the shame and the curse of being a woman.
(c) Their own.
(d) Their family's.
4. During what season is the start of this section of the book, entitled "Initiation?"
5. What does Sue begin to collect for her altar as she takes more journeys in the outdoors?
(c) Her thoughts.
(d) Natural objects.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Minotaur is a half man, half ________, according to the stories which have been told about it.
2. Who is the woman who is downsized from a Most Holy supreme power in her time to a daddy's princess in later times?
3. What does Sue find that the Goddess was suppressed by as the time went on - the ________ god.
4. The newly awakened woman is a _______ transplanted into hostile soil, until it finds ground in a circle of trees.
5. What is the note on the replica which Sandy gives to Sue of the Minoan woman playing a lyre made of snakes?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)