Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ is being raped and disregarded and the church stands aloof, seeing matter as inherently evil.
2. Florence Nightingale once said that our _________ lies between pain and paralysis.
3. What upsets Sue as she begins to do some research, although she does not take any action as a result?
4. In tribes where men do the ___________, the men are highly revered. But in cultures where women do it, they are not revered.
5. Sue admits that she is not outwardly ___________ in her life, but she is also lacking some sort of internal structure to guide her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue mistakenly call herself when she is at the monastery and introduces herself to someone else?
2. What do the women in the women's consciousness-raising group in the movie explore with a mirror?
3. It has been found that a girl's self esteem is lost as they _________ themselves down during their lives.
4. How many children does Sue Monk Kidd have as she relates in the story about her history and her background?
5. Sandy said there was so much green in the house for the holiday season that it looked like ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sue find happens to girls as they grow older and they enter into their adolescence?
2. Why does Sue begin to realize that attachment to the confining patriarchal world must die?
3. When Ann is younger and asks why women cannot be deacons in the church, what is the answer that her Vacation Bible School teacher tell her?
4. What does Sue learn to be the name of the Goddess during a dream of her birth?
5. How does Sue begin to define the idea of patriarchy when she starts out this section of the book?
6. What does the picture of Sappho have to tell Sue, although the other pictures in the museum do not affect her in the same way?
7. What does Sue plant in her backyard in order to create a space for being with the Divine Feminine?
8. What does Sue believe that she is because she lacks teachers to help her on her journey?
9. What kind of music allows Sue to feel the radiant mystery of being embraced by the Goddess?
10. What does the much younger Sue want to do in response to the newspaper clipping that her mom has sent to her?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)