|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ salvages crucial elements without appearing to collude with the gnostics, according to Sue's findings.
(a) Goddess worship.
(d) Feminine ego.
2. When Sue adds the figurine to her altar, she begins to wonder why __________ is nearly deleted from Christianity.
3. Sue recalls hearing a six year old refer to God as _________ since God thought that would be the best thing to be.
(c) No one.
4. The ___________ tree of Sue's writing career is full and just needs a stiff wind in order to be reoriented.
5. What does the stone circle in Avebury represent, according to a tourist book that Sue has?
(a) The well.
(b) Goddess' body.
(c) The answer to life.
(d) A labyrinth.
6. ___________, Sue thinks, needs to be acknowledged and explored to find the deepest passion and then be treated like a newborn baby.
(a) A man.
(b) A child.
(c) A muse.
7. What does Sue have done in relation to her face when she is out in Crete with Terry during her trip?
(d) Plaster cast.
8. When relating to Herself, a woman can attain a natural ______________ in her own life.
9. What does Sandy return to school in order to receive training in as a result of his personal awakening?
10. The newly awakened woman is a _______ transplanted into hostile soil, until it finds ground in a circle of trees.
11. __________ is a grace and cannot be forced, but one can create a refuge for it to take place.
12. During what Winter Olympics are women given the chance to open up the ceremonies by skiing down the slalom?
13. Where does Sue see a picture of trees with a ray of sun striking down in the center?
(a) A forest.
(b) Her mind.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A movie.
14. Sue believes that women need to unlearn ___________ lessons about the shame and the curse of being a woman.
(b) Their family's.
(c) Their own.
15. Janet Frame remembers a teacher once praising her for being quiet and no ____________ at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the art exhibition that Sue goes to where she encounters a picture of Sappho?
2. Sister Kathleen embraces the _______ spirituality of Matthew Fox and honors feminine and Native American spiritual beliefs.
3. What animal does Sue feel to be the symbol of woman's deepest center, as she reads her book?
4. Sue feels that God can not be identified with any __________ just as a dancer can not be identified with a given dance.
5. To what does Sue compare herself when she is lying in her bed at the bed and breakfast, feeling empty and drained?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)