|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Sue and tells her that her heart is a seed that she must plant in the world?
(d) Her mother.
2. Where does Sue see a picture of trees with a ray of sun striking down in the center?
(a) Her mind.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A forest.
(d) A movie.
3. The newly awakened woman is a _______ transplanted into hostile soil, until it finds ground in a circle of trees.
4. To what does Sue compare herself when she is lying in her bed at the bed and breakfast, feeling empty and drained?
(a) An hourglass.
(b) Empty windsock.
(c) A funnel.
(d) A plastic bag.
5. What do Betty and Sue begin to dig up which they later realize to be symbolic of their journey?
(a) Tree stump.
(b) A letter.
(c) A statue.
6. What can rise inside once the attachment to the confining patriarchal world dies, according to the author?
(a) New mystery.
(b) New family.
(c) New life.
(d) New being.
7. What does Ariadne lower down to Theseus in order to help him get out of the labyrinth in the myth?
(b) A spider web.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her arm.
8. Sue recalls hearing a six year old refer to God as _________ since God thought that would be the best thing to be.
(c) No one.
9. How many times to Sue and Terry immerse themselves ritually while they are on the deserted island?
10. Who begins to cry with Sue as they realize the pain that the dolphins may be experiencing as the result of mankind?
(c) No one.
11. There are times when Sue begins to worry that she might __________ and that she is dissolving. It scares her.
(a) Hurt herself.
12. What is the note on the replica which Sandy gives to Sue of the Minoan woman playing a lyre made of snakes?
(a) Tell your tales.
(b) Play your song.
(c) Strum your heart out.
(d) Walk with snakes.
13. What do Sue and Sandy find which is bigger than Stonehenge when they are visiting Avebury?
(a) The scrolls of the Goddess.
(b) A well.
(c) A stone circle.
(d) A circle of flowers.
14. Who is raising money in order to buy a bison for their own collection of animals?
(b) Sue's mother.
(c) Ann's school.
15. What does Sue buy in order to remind her of the power of buffalos in her life?
(a) Buffalo nickel.
(b) A feather.
(c) A book.
(d) A tuft of hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman who is downsized from a Most Holy supreme power in her time to a daddy's princess in later times?
2. What is one of the recurring symbols in Sue's dreams where she begins to see a Jungian analyst?
3. A male priest friend tells Sue that she is ____________ her children with the things she is doing.
4. What do Sue, Better, and other women create as they are sitting in the circle of trees at Springbrook?
5. Sue remembers the quote about using one's ___________ in service of one's vision is more important than fear.
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)