|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ is a grace and cannot be forced, but one can create a refuge for it to take place.
2. What do Sue, Better, and other women create as they are sitting in the circle of trees at Springbrook?
(a) An altar.
(b) A book.
(c) A basket.
(d) A poem.
3. Where does Sue dream herself to be with the inspirational magazine that she has already signed a contract with?
(a) The ocean.
(b) A forest.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A school.
4. In what country is the Sketeino Cave found, the one which Sue journeys to with other women in the same quest?
5. What is in the dream of Sue has that she awakens from feeling reunited with this lost and defiled symbol of feminine instinct?
(a) Two red snakes.
(b) A womb.
(c) One white tree.
(d) Three green stones.
6. What are the group of Chinese Americans doing when Sue encounters them as she walks by herself?
(b) Goddess worship.
(c) Tai Chi.
(d) Taking pictures.
7. What is the name of Sue's African-American nanny who takes care of her while she is growing up?
(a) Sue Ellen.
8. What can rise inside once the attachment to the confining patriarchal world dies, according to the author?
(a) New mystery.
(b) New life.
(c) New being.
(d) New family.
9. The newly awakened woman is a _______ transplanted into hostile soil, until it finds ground in a circle of trees.
10. What is one of the recurring symbols in Sue's dreams where she begins to see a Jungian analyst?
11. The ___________ tree of Sue's writing career is full and just needs a stiff wind in order to be reoriented.
12. Janet Frame remembers a teacher once praising her for being quiet and no ____________ at all.
13. What is the note on the replica which Sandy gives to Sue of the Minoan woman playing a lyre made of snakes?
(a) Walk with snakes.
(b) Strum your heart out.
(c) Play your song.
(d) Tell your tales.
14. How many times to Sue and Terry immerse themselves ritually while they are on the deserted island?
15. Sue believes that the world needs a new __________ witness in order to embrace interconnectedness and interrelatedness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ariadne lower down to Theseus in order to help him get out of the labyrinth in the myth?
2. Sister Kathleen embraces the _______ spirituality of Matthew Fox and honors feminine and Native American spiritual beliefs.
3. Crete is one of the last places on Earth where the Great ___________ still flourishes, so Sue visits this place.
4. Who does Sue recall saying that a write needs to have something to say, the ability to express it, and the courage to express it all?
5. The Divine Feminine symbol eliminates __________ by leaving noting outside the realm of divinity.
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)