|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sue see the replica of the work of Leonardo da Vinci - the Cartoon of St. Anne?
(a) de Young.
(b) Museum of Modern Art.
(c) The Japanese Tea Garden.
(d) Mercy Center.
2. In order for a woman to begin to seek the Sacred Feminine, she must first make the Great __________, according to Sue.
3. Who accompanies Sue on a speaking trip and performs an impromptu ritual to ask the Feminine Divine to guide and bless them?
4. Sister Kathleen embraces the _______ spirituality of Matthew Fox and honors feminine and Native American spiritual beliefs.
5. Crete is one of the last places on Earth where the Great ___________ still flourishes, so Sue visits this place.
6. Maya Angelou says that no matter what people will do to her, "like air, ____________" in one of her many poems.
(a) I'll rise.
(b) I'll float.
(c) I'll sigh.
(d) I'll drift away.
7. Who begins to cry with Sue as they realize the pain that the dolphins may be experiencing as the result of mankind?
(a) No one.
8. During what season is the start of this section of the book, entitled "Initiation?"
9. Sue tells the male clergy man that they only have different visions about _____________ when she is scolded.
10. Who is featured on a PBS documentary that Sue later sees when she is back home after her trip?
(a) Maya Angelou.
(d) Naomi Wolfe.
11. When one belongs to oneself, one can connect with the rest of ___________ without being trapped or dependent.
12. __________ is a grace and cannot be forced, but one can create a refuge for it to take place.
13. What do Betty and Sue begin to dig up which they later realize to be symbolic of their journey?
(b) A statue.
(c) A letter.
(d) Tree stump.
14. What does Ariadne lower down to Theseus in order to help him get out of the labyrinth in the myth?
(b) A spider web.
(c) Her arm.
(d) Her hair.
15. Sue recalls hearing a six year old refer to God as _________ since God thought that would be the best thing to be.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue buy in order to remind her of the power of buffalos in her life?
2. Esther Harding says that being a __________ did not originally mean being chaste, but belonging to one's self.
3. The newly awakened woman is a _______ transplanted into hostile soil, until it finds ground in a circle of trees.
4. Who visits Sue and tells her that her heart is a seed that she must plant in the world?
5. What can rise inside once the attachment to the confining patriarchal world dies, according to the author?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)