|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Women of power are ________ artists, speaking, acting, and trusting in themselves to do what is right.
2. Sue believes that women need to unlearn ___________ lessons about the shame and the curse of being a woman.
(b) Their family's.
(c) Their own.
3. What do Sue and Sandy find which is bigger than Stonehenge when they are visiting Avebury?
(a) The scrolls of the Goddess.
(b) A well.
(c) A stone circle.
(d) A circle of flowers.
4. Esther Harding says that being a __________ did not originally mean being chaste, but belonging to one's self.
(c) A maiden.
5. What do Betty and Sue begin to dig up which they later realize to be symbolic of their journey?
(a) A letter.
(c) Tree stump.
(d) A statue.
6. Sister Kathleen embraces the _______ spirituality of Matthew Fox and honors feminine and Native American spiritual beliefs.
7. The _______________ of Meinrad Craighead reminds Sue of the Cartoon of St. Anne, when she and Betty visit.
(b) Mother Mary.
(c) Goddess statue.
(d) Hagia Sophia.
8. The Divine Feminine symbol eliminates __________ by leaving noting outside the realm of divinity.
9. What does the stone circle in Avebury represent, according to a tourist book that Sue has?
(a) A labyrinth.
(b) Goddess' body.
(c) The well.
(d) The answer to life.
10. What path must a person follow, although it may be painful and alluring at the same time?
(a) Soul path.
(b) New path.
(c) Disheveled path.
(d) True path.
11. What is the nickname Sue gives to the buffalo which she thinks she is buying as she is a kid?
12. Janet Frame remembers a teacher once praising her for being quiet and no ____________ at all.
13. Sue tells the male clergy man that they only have different visions about _____________ when she is scolded.
14. What does Sue find that the Goddess was suppressed by as the time went on - the ________ god.
15. Which Goddess does Sue connect with when she is inside of the cave during a later adventure? The Goddess of the _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue encounter when she stays at her bed and breakfast in complete isolation from others?
2. During what Winter Olympics are women given the chance to open up the ceremonies by skiing down the slalom?
3. _________ salvages crucial elements without appearing to collude with the gnostics, according to Sue's findings.
4. Sue buys Ann a statue of _________, the winged goddess of victory, uniting womanhood and power.
5. The ___________ tree of Sue's writing career is full and just needs a stiff wind in order to be reoriented.
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)