|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Sue's African-American nanny who takes care of her while she is growing up?
(d) Sue Ellen.
2. Where does Sue see a picture of trees with a ray of sun striking down in the center?
(a) Her mind.
(b) A movie.
(c) A forest.
(d) A magazine.
3. Janet Frame remembers a teacher once praising her for being quiet and no ____________ at all.
4. Esther Harding says that being a __________ did not originally mean being chaste, but belonging to one's self.
(a) A maiden.
5. Where does Sue see the replica of the work of Leonardo da Vinci - the Cartoon of St. Anne?
(a) The Japanese Tea Garden.
(b) Museum of Modern Art.
(c) de Young.
(d) Mercy Center.
6. What do Sue, Better, and other women create as they are sitting in the circle of trees at Springbrook?
(a) An altar.
(b) A book.
(c) A basket.
(d) A poem.
7. What does Ariadne lower down to Theseus in order to help him get out of the labyrinth in the myth?
(a) A spider web.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her arm.
8. Sue wonders if she has the ____________ in order to plant her journey in the world.
9. What are the group of Chinese Americans doing when Sue encounters them as she walks by herself?
(a) Goddess worship.
(b) Taking pictures.
(c) Tai Chi.
10. How many times to Sue and Terry immerse themselves ritually while they are on the deserted island?
11. What is one of the recurring symbols in Sue's dreams where she begins to see a Jungian analyst?
12. Sue decides that it is best for her to speak about __________ as being female and male, equally.
13. Sue learns that while ___________ times where not utopian, they were nonviolent, egalitarian, and do not split nature and spirit.
14. When one belongs to oneself, one can connect with the rest of ___________ without being trapped or dependent.
15. Who accompanies Sue on a speaking trip and performs an impromptu ritual to ask the Feminine Divine to guide and bless them?
Short Answer Questions
1. In her isolation, Sue begins to say goodbye to the __________ she has been as she realizes she must.
2. What does Sue find that the Goddess was suppressed by as the time went on - the ________ god.
3. There are times when Sue begins to worry that she might __________ and that she is dissolving. It scares her.
4. When the ____________ consciousness returns, Sue feels that the Earth will become holy again for all those who live on it.
5. What does the stone circle in Avebury represent, according to a tourist book that Sue has?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)