|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Divine Feminine symbol eliminates __________ by leaving noting outside the realm of divinity.
2. How many times to Sue and Terry immerse themselves ritually while they are on the deserted island?
3. Sue believes that women need to unlearn ___________ lessons about the shame and the curse of being a woman.
(c) Their own.
(d) Their family's.
4. Who begins to cry with Sue as they realize the pain that the dolphins may be experiencing as the result of mankind?
(c) No one.
5. What can rise inside once the attachment to the confining patriarchal world dies, according to the author?
(a) New life.
(b) New being.
(c) New mystery.
(d) New family.
6. What do Sue and Sandy find which is bigger than Stonehenge when they are visiting Avebury?
(a) A stone circle.
(b) The scrolls of the Goddess.
(c) A well.
(d) A circle of flowers.
7. What is the name of Sue's African-American nanny who takes care of her while she is growing up?
(d) Sue Ellen.
8. What does Sandy return to school in order to receive training in as a result of his personal awakening?
9. What does the stone circle in Avebury represent, according to a tourist book that Sue has?
(a) The answer to life.
(b) The well.
(c) Goddess' body.
(d) A labyrinth.
10. Who accompanies Sue on a speaking trip and performs an impromptu ritual to ask the Feminine Divine to guide and bless them?
11. Sue feels that God can not be identified with any __________ just as a dancer can not be identified with a given dance.
12. A male priest friend tells Sue that she is ____________ her children with the things she is doing.
13. The _______________ of Meinrad Craighead reminds Sue of the Cartoon of St. Anne, when she and Betty visit.
(b) Hagia Sophia.
(c) Goddess statue.
(d) Mother Mary.
14. What does Sue encounter when she stays at her bed and breakfast in complete isolation from others?
(a) Black memory.
(b) White light.
(c) True depth.
(d) Awful abyss.
15. When Sue's hands are bound together, she admits that _________ and silence are what bind her in her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Goddess does Sue connect with when she is inside of the cave during a later adventure? The Goddess of the _______.
2. ____________ must be unfrozen in order to participate in the Divine in new ways, according to Sue.
3. Who is the woman who is downsized from a Most Holy supreme power in her time to a daddy's princess in later times?
4. The ___________ tree of Sue's writing career is full and just needs a stiff wind in order to be reoriented.
5. During what Winter Olympics are women given the chance to open up the ceremonies by skiing down the slalom?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)