|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sue believes that women need to unlearn ___________ lessons about the shame and the curse of being a woman.
(a) Their own.
(c) Their family's.
2. What does Sue buy in order to remind her of the power of buffalos in her life?
(a) A feather.
(b) Buffalo nickel.
(c) A tuft of hair.
(d) A book.
3. Janet Frame remembers a teacher once praising her for being quiet and no ____________ at all.
4. What is in the dream of Sue has that she awakens from feeling reunited with this lost and defiled symbol of feminine instinct?
(a) A womb.
(b) Two red snakes.
(c) Three green stones.
(d) One white tree.
5. The ___________ tree of Sue's writing career is full and just needs a stiff wind in order to be reoriented.
6. Who is raising money in order to buy a bison for their own collection of animals?
(a) Ann's school.
(b) Sue's mother.
7. Where does Sue see a picture of trees with a ray of sun striking down in the center?
(a) Her mind.
(b) A movie.
(c) A forest.
(d) A magazine.
8. What can rise inside once the attachment to the confining patriarchal world dies, according to the author?
(a) New family.
(b) New mystery.
(c) New being.
(d) New life.
9. In what country is the Sketeino Cave found, the one which Sue journeys to with other women in the same quest?
10. ____________ must be unfrozen in order to participate in the Divine in new ways, according to Sue.
11. What does Sue begin to collect for her altar as she takes more journeys in the outdoors?
(b) Her thoughts.
(d) Natural objects.
12. What is the nickname Sue gives to the buffalo which she thinks she is buying as she is a kid?
13. What are the group of Chinese Americans doing when Sue encounters them as she walks by herself?
(a) Tai Chi.
(b) Goddess worship.
(d) Taking pictures.
14. There are times when Sue begins to worry that she might __________ and that she is dissolving. It scares her.
(d) Hurt herself.
15. _________ salvages crucial elements without appearing to collude with the gnostics, according to Sue's findings.
(a) Feminine ego.
(b) Goddess worship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sue see the replica of the work of Leonardo da Vinci - the Cartoon of St. Anne?
2. What is the note on the replica which Sandy gives to Sue of the Minoan woman playing a lyre made of snakes?
3. What animal does Sue feel to be the symbol of woman's deepest center, as she reads her book?
4. Where is Sue going for a speaking engagement although Sandy does not want her to go?
5. Who does Sue learn takes an annual ritual bath at Kanathos in order to renew her virginity?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)