|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Janet Frame remembers a teacher once praising her for being quiet and no ____________ at all.
2. Women of power are ________ artists, speaking, acting, and trusting in themselves to do what is right.
3. How many altars does Sue find when she is visiting the studio of Meinrad Craighead?
4. During what Winter Olympics are women given the chance to open up the ceremonies by skiing down the slalom?
5. Who does Sue learn takes an annual ritual bath at Kanathos in order to renew her virginity?
6. Sue believes that women need to unlearn ___________ lessons about the shame and the curse of being a woman.
(c) Their family's.
(d) Their own.
7. Sue wonders if she has the ____________ in order to plant her journey in the world.
8. What does Sue encounter when she stays at her bed and breakfast in complete isolation from others?
(a) Awful abyss.
(b) White light.
(c) Black memory.
(d) True depth.
9. Finish the Corinthians verse which Nellie Morton heard retold at a conference: "If anyone is in Christ, now she is a new _________."
10. Humanity, Sue feels, needs to be drawn into Divine Mother's lap and turned into a global ____________.
11. When one belongs to oneself, one can connect with the rest of ___________ without being trapped or dependent.
12. Which animals does Sue find to be very sacred and powerful for women, according to her research into the Lakota?
(b) White buffalos.
(c) Desert rats.
13. __________ is a grace and cannot be forced, but one can create a refuge for it to take place.
14. During what season is the start of this section of the book, entitled "Initiation?"
15. Sue believes that a fear of female sexuality has crippled Western _____________, since the Bible does talk about humans (men and women) being made in God's image.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman who is downsized from a Most Holy supreme power in her time to a daddy's princess in later times?
2. _________ salvages crucial elements without appearing to collude with the gnostics, according to Sue's findings.
3. Esther Harding says that being a __________ did not originally mean being chaste, but belonging to one's self.
4. What does Sandy return to school in order to receive training in as a result of his personal awakening?
5. Sue tells the male clergy man that they only have different visions about _____________ when she is scolded.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)