|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Humanity, Sue feels, needs to be drawn into Divine Mother's lap and turned into a global ____________.
2. Sue believes that a fear of female sexuality has crippled Western _____________, since the Bible does talk about humans (men and women) being made in God's image.
3. Who does Sue recall saying that a write needs to have something to say, the ability to express it, and the courage to express it all?
(a) Mary Oliver.
(b) Anne Sexton.
(c) Maya Angelou.
(d) William Shakespeare.
4. What is the name of the art exhibition that Sue goes to where she encounters a picture of Sappho?
(a) Truth Matters.
(b) Telling Tales.
(c) Mother Love.
(d) Goddess Speaks.
5. Crete is one of the last places on Earth where the Great ___________ still flourishes, so Sue visits this place.
6. Where does Sue dream herself to be with the inspirational magazine that she has already signed a contract with?
(a) The ocean.
(b) A school.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A forest.
7. Sue remembers the quote about using one's ___________ in service of one's vision is more important than fear.
8. Janet Frame remembers a teacher once praising her for being quiet and no ____________ at all.
9. Where is Sue going for a speaking engagement although Sandy does not want her to go?
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
10. What are the group of Chinese Americans doing when Sue encounters them as she walks by herself?
(a) Taking pictures.
(b) Goddess worship.
(c) Tai Chi.
11. How many altars does Sue find when she is visiting the studio of Meinrad Craighead?
12. When women speak truly, they speak subversively and refuse to be _________, according to Sue.
13. Where does Sue see a picture of trees with a ray of sun striking down in the center?
(a) A magazine.
(b) Her mind.
(c) A forest.
(d) A movie.
14. Sue decides that it is best for her to speak about __________ as being female and male, equally.
15. Sue wonders why she is uncomfortable with writing the word __________ when she attempts to do so.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ___________ tree of Sue's writing career is full and just needs a stiff wind in order to be reoriented.
2. A male priest friend tells Sue that she is ____________ her children with the things she is doing.
3. ___________, Sue thinks, needs to be acknowledged and explored to find the deepest passion and then be treated like a newborn baby.
4. What is the note on the replica which Sandy gives to Sue of the Minoan woman playing a lyre made of snakes?
5. Sue wonders if she has the ____________ in order to plant her journey in the world.
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)