|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sue learn takes an annual ritual bath at Kanathos in order to renew her virginity?
2. What is the note on the replica which Sandy gives to Sue of the Minoan woman playing a lyre made of snakes?
(a) Strum your heart out.
(b) Play your song.
(c) Tell your tales.
(d) Walk with snakes.
3. ___________, Sue thinks, needs to be acknowledged and explored to find the deepest passion and then be treated like a newborn baby.
(a) A child.
(c) A muse.
(d) A man.
4. A male priest friend tells Sue that she is ____________ her children with the things she is doing.
5. What does Sandy return to school in order to receive training in as a result of his personal awakening?
6. Who begins to cry with Sue as they realize the pain that the dolphins may be experiencing as the result of mankind?
(b) No one.
7. What does Sue begin to collect for her altar as she takes more journeys in the outdoors?
(a) Natural objects.
(c) Her thoughts.
8. What is a kernos stone, according to Sue's research and experience when she is in Crete?
9. __________ is a grace and cannot be forced, but one can create a refuge for it to take place.
10. Who is the woman who is downsized from a Most Holy supreme power in her time to a daddy's princess in later times?
11. When women speak truly, they speak subversively and refuse to be _________, according to Sue.
12. Who visits Sue and tells her that her heart is a seed that she must plant in the world?
(a) Her mother.
13. What is the nickname Sue gives to the buffalo which she thinks she is buying as she is a kid?
14. When the ____________ consciousness returns, Sue feels that the Earth will become holy again for all those who live on it.
15. What can rise inside once the attachment to the confining patriarchal world dies, according to the author?
(a) New mystery.
(b) New being.
(c) New family.
(d) New life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sue and Sandy find which is bigger than Stonehenge when they are visiting Avebury?
2. Janet Frame remembers a teacher once praising her for being quiet and no ____________ at all.
3. Who is raising money in order to buy a bison for their own collection of animals?
4. Maya Angelou says that no matter what people will do to her, "like air, ____________" in one of her many poems.
5. What does the stone circle in Avebury represent, according to a tourist book that Sue has?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)