|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many altars does Sue find when she is visiting the studio of Meinrad Craighead?
2. The Divine Feminine symbol eliminates __________ by leaving noting outside the realm of divinity.
3. Sue realizes that she must become a sacred ____________ wherever she is in order to become the experience.
4. What does Sue find that the Goddess was suppressed by as the time went on - the ________ god.
5. During what season is the start of this section of the book, entitled "Initiation?"
6. Janet Frame remembers a teacher once praising her for being quiet and no ____________ at all.
7. What do Sue, Better, and other women create as they are sitting in the circle of trees at Springbrook?
(a) An altar.
(b) A book.
(c) A poem.
(d) A basket.
8. What path must a person follow, although it may be painful and alluring at the same time?
(a) Soul path.
(b) Disheveled path.
(c) New path.
(d) True path.
9. The ___________ tree of Sue's writing career is full and just needs a stiff wind in order to be reoriented.
10. Sue decides that it is best for her to speak about __________ as being female and male, equally.
11. ____________ must be unfrozen in order to participate in the Divine in new ways, according to Sue.
12. Who accompanies Sue on a speaking trip and performs an impromptu ritual to ask the Feminine Divine to guide and bless them?
13. What animal does Sue feel to be the symbol of woman's deepest center, as she reads her book?
14. When one belongs to oneself, one can connect with the rest of ___________ without being trapped or dependent.
15. Who does Sue recall saying that a write needs to have something to say, the ability to express it, and the courage to express it all?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) Anne Sexton.
(c) Mary Oliver.
(d) Maya Angelou.
Short Answer Questions
1. A male priest friend tells Sue that she is ____________ her children with the things she is doing.
2. Which of the goddesses needs to shed all of her clothing in order to hang on a meat hook and be resurrected again?
3. What does Sue buy in order to remind her of the power of buffalos in her life?
4. How many times to Sue and Terry immerse themselves ritually while they are on the deserted island?
5. When women speak truly, they speak subversively and refuse to be _________, according to Sue.
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)