|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a kernos stone, according to Sue's research and experience when she is in Crete?
2. ___________, in Greek, means to stand forth with power and dignity, Sue finds in her research.
3. What is the name of Sue's African-American nanny who takes care of her while she is growing up?
(d) Sue Ellen.
4. Which Goddess does Sue connect with when she is inside of the cave during a later adventure? The Goddess of the _______.
5. What does Athens have to do every seven years as a result of a curse placed upon it? Provide seven sacrifices to __________.
6. When Sue's hands are bound together, she admits that _________ and silence are what bind her in her life.
7. Sue tells the male clergy man that they only have different visions about _____________ when she is scolded.
8. Sue recalls hearing a six year old refer to God as _________ since God thought that would be the best thing to be.
(a) No one.
9. During what season is the start of this section of the book, entitled "Initiation?"
10. The Minotaur is a half man, half ________, according to the stories which have been told about it.
11. When Sue finds the buffalo tuft, she realized she has been empowered to voice her ________, nurture inner authority, and embody her sacred feminine experience.
12. Women of power are ________ artists, speaking, acting, and trusting in themselves to do what is right.
13. Sue believes that a fear of female sexuality has crippled Western _____________, since the Bible does talk about humans (men and women) being made in God's image.
14. What does Sue begin to collect for her altar as she takes more journeys in the outdoors?
(a) Natural objects.
(c) Her thoughts.
15. In what country is the Sketeino Cave found, the one which Sue journeys to with other women in the same quest?
Short Answer Questions
1. The _______________ of Meinrad Craighead reminds Sue of the Cartoon of St. Anne, when she and Betty visit.
2. What is the note on the replica which Sandy gives to Sue of the Minoan woman playing a lyre made of snakes?
3. What do Sue and Betty do in the grove of trees until they feel tired and spent?
4. Humanity, Sue feels, needs to be drawn into Divine Mother's lap and turned into a global ____________.
5. Who is featured on a PBS documentary that Sue later sees when she is back home after her trip?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)