|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Sue's African-American nanny who takes care of her while she is growing up?
(d) Sue Ellen.
2. Which Goddess does Sue connect with when she is inside of the cave during a later adventure? The Goddess of the _______.
3. Sue wonders if she has the ____________ in order to plant her journey in the world.
4. ___________, Sue thinks, needs to be acknowledged and explored to find the deepest passion and then be treated like a newborn baby.
(a) A muse.
(c) A child.
(d) A man.
5. What does Sue find that the Goddess was suppressed by as the time went on - the ________ god.
6. Sue feels that God can not be identified with any __________ just as a dancer can not be identified with a given dance.
7. When relating to Herself, a woman can attain a natural ______________ in her own life.
8. When Sue adds the figurine to her altar, she begins to wonder why __________ is nearly deleted from Christianity.
9. _________ salvages crucial elements without appearing to collude with the gnostics, according to Sue's findings.
(a) Feminine ego.
(b) Goddess worship.
10. What do Sue and Betty do in the grove of trees until they feel tired and spent?
11. Women of power are ________ artists, speaking, acting, and trusting in themselves to do what is right.
12. What is in the dream of Sue has that she awakens from feeling reunited with this lost and defiled symbol of feminine instinct?
(a) Two red snakes.
(b) Three green stones.
(c) A womb.
(d) One white tree.
13. What does Sue encounter when she stays at her bed and breakfast in complete isolation from others?
(a) Black memory.
(b) Awful abyss.
(c) True depth.
(d) White light.
14. The _______________ of Meinrad Craighead reminds Sue of the Cartoon of St. Anne, when she and Betty visit.
(a) Goddess statue.
(b) Hagia Sophia.
(c) Mother Mary.
15. During what season is the start of this section of the book, entitled "Initiation?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a kernos stone, according to Sue's research and experience when she is in Crete?
2. What does Sandy return to school in order to receive training in as a result of his personal awakening?
3. What do Sue, Better, and other women create as they are sitting in the circle of trees at Springbrook?
4. What do Betty and Sue begin to dig up which they later realize to be symbolic of their journey?
5. What do Sue and Sandy find which is bigger than Stonehenge when they are visiting Avebury?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)