|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sue recall saying that a write needs to have something to say, the ability to express it, and the courage to express it all?
(a) Anne Sexton.
(b) Mary Oliver.
(c) Maya Angelou.
(d) William Shakespeare.
2. What is a kernos stone, according to Sue's research and experience when she is in Crete?
3. What path must a person follow, although it may be painful and alluring at the same time?
(a) True path.
(b) New path.
(c) Disheveled path.
(d) Soul path.
4. In her isolation, Sue begins to say goodbye to the __________ she has been as she realizes she must.
5. Where does Sue see a picture of trees with a ray of sun striking down in the center?
(a) Her mind.
(b) A forest.
(c) A movie.
(d) A magazine.
6. To what does Sue compare herself when she is lying in her bed at the bed and breakfast, feeling empty and drained?
(a) A funnel.
(b) A plastic bag.
(c) Empty windsock.
(d) An hourglass.
7. Sue feels that God can not be identified with any __________ just as a dancer can not be identified with a given dance.
8. Who does Sue learn takes an annual ritual bath at Kanathos in order to renew her virginity?
9. What does Athens have to do every seven years as a result of a curse placed upon it? Provide seven sacrifices to __________.
10. ___________, in Greek, means to stand forth with power and dignity, Sue finds in her research.
11. What does Ariadne lower down to Theseus in order to help him get out of the labyrinth in the myth?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her arm.
(d) A spider web.
12. The ___________ tree of Sue's writing career is full and just needs a stiff wind in order to be reoriented.
13. Sue wonders why she is uncomfortable with writing the word __________ when she attempts to do so.
14. Esther Harding says that being a __________ did not originally mean being chaste, but belonging to one's self.
(d) A maiden.
15. Where does Sue dream herself to be with the inspirational magazine that she has already signed a contract with?
(a) A coffin.
(b) The ocean.
(c) A school.
(d) A forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname Sue gives to the buffalo which she thinks she is buying as she is a kid?
2. In order for a woman to begin to seek the Sacred Feminine, she must first make the Great __________, according to Sue.
3. Maya Angelou says that no matter what people will do to her, "like air, ____________" in one of her many poems.
4. During what Winter Olympics are women given the chance to open up the ceremonies by skiing down the slalom?
5. What do Betty and Sue begin to dig up which they later realize to be symbolic of their journey?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)