|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sue finds the buffalo tuft, she realized she has been empowered to voice her ________, nurture inner authority, and embody her sacred feminine experience.
2. Sue believes that a fear of female sexuality has crippled Western _____________, since the Bible does talk about humans (men and women) being made in God's image.
3. Sue remembers the quote about using one's ___________ in service of one's vision is more important than fear.
4. The newly awakened woman is a _______ transplanted into hostile soil, until it finds ground in a circle of trees.
5. The _______________ of Meinrad Craighead reminds Sue of the Cartoon of St. Anne, when she and Betty visit.
(a) Mother Mary.
(c) Goddess statue.
(d) Hagia Sophia.
6. What is one of the recurring symbols in Sue's dreams where she begins to see a Jungian analyst?
7. Which kind of animal does Ruth Ann give refuge to in the Northern Exposure episode as another character wants to hunt it?
8. What does Sue begin to collect for her altar as she takes more journeys in the outdoors?
(a) Natural objects.
(b) Her thoughts.
9. What do Sue and Sandy find which is bigger than Stonehenge when they are visiting Avebury?
(a) A stone circle.
(b) A circle of flowers.
(c) The scrolls of the Goddess.
(d) A well.
10. What do Betty and Sue begin to dig up which they later realize to be symbolic of their journey?
(a) A statue.
(b) Tree stump.
(d) A letter.
11. Women of power are ________ artists, speaking, acting, and trusting in themselves to do what is right.
12. How many altars does Sue find when she is visiting the studio of Meinrad Craighead?
13. Sue believes that women need to unlearn ___________ lessons about the shame and the curse of being a woman.
(a) Their own.
(c) Their family's.
14. Who begins to cry with Sue as they realize the pain that the dolphins may be experiencing as the result of mankind?
(a) No one.
15. The Minotaur is a half man, half ________, according to the stories which have been told about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Goddess does Sue connect with when she is inside of the cave during a later adventure? The Goddess of the _______.
2. Janet Frame remembers a teacher once praising her for being quiet and no ____________ at all.
3. To whom does Sue first pray to as the plane is descending to the speaking engagement's location?
4. What do Sue and Betty do in the grove of trees until they feel tired and spent?
5. Who is raising money in order to buy a bison for their own collection of animals?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)