Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue buy in order to remind her of the power of buffalos in her life?
(a) A tuft of hair.
(b) A feather.
(c) A book.
(d) Buffalo nickel.
2. The Minotaur is a half man, half ________, according to the stories which have been told about it.
3. In her isolation, Sue begins to say goodbye to the __________ she has been as she realizes she must.
4. Sue wonders why she is uncomfortable with writing the word __________ when she attempts to do so.
5. In what country is the Sketeino Cave found, the one which Sue journeys to with other women in the same quest?
6. What are the group of Chinese Americans doing when Sue encounters them as she walks by herself?
(a) Goddess worship.
(b) Taking pictures.
(d) Tai Chi.
7. What is the name of Sue's African-American nanny who takes care of her while she is growing up?
(d) Sue Ellen.
8. Sue believes that a fear of female sexuality has crippled Western _____________, since the Bible does talk about humans (men and women) being made in God's image.
9. What can rise inside once the attachment to the confining patriarchal world dies, according to the author?
(a) New mystery.
(b) New family.
(c) New being.
(d) New life.
10. What do Sue and Sandy find which is bigger than Stonehenge when they are visiting Avebury?
(a) A circle of flowers.
(b) A well.
(c) A stone circle.
(d) The scrolls of the Goddess.
11. What does Sue have done in relation to her face when she is out in Crete with Terry during her trip?
(c) Plaster cast.
12. What is one of the recurring symbols in Sue's dreams where she begins to see a Jungian analyst?
13. There are times when Sue begins to worry that she might __________ and that she is dissolving. It scares her.
(b) Hurt herself.
14. Sue buys Ann a statue of _________, the winged goddess of victory, uniting womanhood and power.
15. Who begins to cry with Sue as they realize the pain that the dolphins may be experiencing as the result of mankind?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Sue compare herself when she is lying in her bed at the bed and breakfast, feeling empty and drained?
2. The ___________ tree of Sue's writing career is full and just needs a stiff wind in order to be reoriented.
3. The Divine Feminine symbol eliminates __________ by leaving noting outside the realm of divinity.
4. Sue learns that while ___________ times where not utopian, they were nonviolent, egalitarian, and do not split nature and spirit.
5. When relating to Herself, a woman can attain a natural ______________ in her own life.
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)