|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the dream of Sue has that she awakens from feeling reunited with this lost and defiled symbol of feminine instinct?
(a) One white tree.
(b) Three green stones.
(c) Two red snakes.
(d) A womb.
2. What does Sue have done in relation to her face when she is out in Crete with Terry during her trip?
(b) Plaster cast.
3. What is one of the recurring symbols in Sue's dreams where she begins to see a Jungian analyst?
4. In what country is the Sketeino Cave found, the one which Sue journeys to with other women in the same quest?
5. Which animals does Sue find to be very sacred and powerful for women, according to her research into the Lakota?
(b) White buffalos.
(c) Desert rats.
6. What is the name of Sue's African-American nanny who takes care of her while she is growing up?
(b) Sue Ellen.
7. Sue feels that God can not be identified with any __________ just as a dancer can not be identified with a given dance.
8. Where does Sue see a picture of trees with a ray of sun striking down in the center?
(a) A forest.
(b) Her mind.
(c) A movie.
(d) A magazine.
9. _________ salvages crucial elements without appearing to collude with the gnostics, according to Sue's findings.
(a) Goddess worship.
(c) Feminine ego.
10. To what does Sue compare herself when she is lying in her bed at the bed and breakfast, feeling empty and drained?
(a) A plastic bag.
(b) A funnel.
(c) Empty windsock.
(d) An hourglass.
11. What is a kernos stone, according to Sue's research and experience when she is in Crete?
12. Who visits Sue and tells her that her heart is a seed that she must plant in the world?
(a) Her mother.
13. Maya Angelou says that no matter what people will do to her, "like air, ____________" in one of her many poems.
(a) I'll sigh.
(b) I'll drift away.
(c) I'll float.
(d) I'll rise.
14. Who is raising money in order to buy a bison for their own collection of animals?
(b) Sue's mother.
(c) Ann's school.
15. During what Winter Olympics are women given the chance to open up the ceremonies by skiing down the slalom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Esther Harding says that being a __________ did not originally mean being chaste, but belonging to one's self.
2. What does Sue buy in order to remind her of the power of buffalos in her life?
3. On what holiday are Sandy and Sue quietly reading, both in their own worlds of discovery?
4. Who does Sue recall saying that a write needs to have something to say, the ability to express it, and the courage to express it all?
5. Sue buys Ann a statue of _________, the winged goddess of victory, uniting womanhood and power.
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)