|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sue wonders why she is uncomfortable with writing the word __________ when she attempts to do so.
2. In her isolation, Sue begins to say goodbye to the __________ she has been as she realizes she must.
3. Humanity, Sue feels, needs to be drawn into Divine Mother's lap and turned into a global ____________.
4. What do Sue, Better, and other women create as they are sitting in the circle of trees at Springbrook?
(a) A book.
(b) An altar.
(c) A basket.
(d) A poem.
5. Sue realizes that she must become a sacred ____________ wherever she is in order to become the experience.
6. What animal does Sue feel to be the symbol of woman's deepest center, as she reads her book?
7. Sue believes that women need to unlearn ___________ lessons about the shame and the curse of being a woman.
(b) Their own.
(c) Their family's.
8. What does the stone circle in Avebury represent, according to a tourist book that Sue has?
(a) A labyrinth.
(b) The well.
(c) Goddess' body.
(d) The answer to life.
9. What is one of the recurring symbols in Sue's dreams where she begins to see a Jungian analyst?
10. What do Betty and Sue begin to dig up which they later realize to be symbolic of their journey?
(a) Tree stump.
(b) A statue.
(c) A letter.
11. Who visits Sue and tells her that her heart is a seed that she must plant in the world?
(a) Her mother.
12. Sue remembers the quote about using one's ___________ in service of one's vision is more important than fear.
13. What is the note on the replica which Sandy gives to Sue of the Minoan woman playing a lyre made of snakes?
(a) Tell your tales.
(b) Walk with snakes.
(c) Play your song.
(d) Strum your heart out.
14. What does Ariadne lower down to Theseus in order to help him get out of the labyrinth in the myth?
(a) A spider web.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her arm.
15. What is the name of Sue's African-American nanny who takes care of her while she is growing up?
(a) Sue Ellen.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Minotaur is a half man, half ________, according to the stories which have been told about it.
2. When one belongs to oneself, one can connect with the rest of ___________ without being trapped or dependent.
3. Who is the woman who is downsized from a Most Holy supreme power in her time to a daddy's princess in later times?
4. Who does Sue learn takes an annual ritual bath at Kanathos in order to renew her virginity?
5. During what Winter Olympics are women given the chance to open up the ceremonies by skiing down the slalom?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)