|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what season is the start of this section of the book, entitled "Initiation?"
2. What do Sue and Betty do in the grove of trees until they feel tired and spent?
3. During what Winter Olympics are women given the chance to open up the ceremonies by skiing down the slalom?
4. Sue believes that the world needs a new __________ witness in order to embrace interconnectedness and interrelatedness.
5. Who is the woman who is downsized from a Most Holy supreme power in her time to a daddy's princess in later times?
6. Finish the Corinthians verse which Nellie Morton heard retold at a conference: "If anyone is in Christ, now she is a new _________."
7. When Sue adds the figurine to her altar, she begins to wonder why __________ is nearly deleted from Christianity.
8. What can rise inside once the attachment to the confining patriarchal world dies, according to the author?
(a) New life.
(b) New being.
(c) New family.
(d) New mystery.
9. Maya Angelou says that no matter what people will do to her, "like air, ____________" in one of her many poems.
(a) I'll sigh.
(b) I'll drift away.
(c) I'll float.
(d) I'll rise.
10. Where does Sue see the replica of the work of Leonardo da Vinci - the Cartoon of St. Anne?
(a) The Japanese Tea Garden.
(b) Museum of Modern Art.
(c) Mercy Center.
(d) de Young.
11. Who is featured on a PBS documentary that Sue later sees when she is back home after her trip?
(b) Maya Angelou.
(c) Naomi Wolfe.
12. In order for a woman to begin to seek the Sacred Feminine, she must first make the Great __________, according to Sue.
13. Sue feels that God can not be identified with any __________ just as a dancer can not be identified with a given dance.
14. Sue wonders why she is uncomfortable with writing the word __________ when she attempts to do so.
15. What does Sue have done in relation to her face when she is out in Crete with Terry during her trip?
(d) Plaster cast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sue buys Ann a statue of _________, the winged goddess of victory, uniting womanhood and power.
2. What is the name of the art exhibition that Sue goes to where she encounters a picture of Sappho?
3. The Minotaur is a half man, half ________, according to the stories which have been told about it.
4. Where does Sue see a picture of trees with a ray of sun striking down in the center?
5. Women of power are ________ artists, speaking, acting, and trusting in themselves to do what is right.
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)