|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is the Sketeino Cave found, the one which Sue journeys to with other women in the same quest?
2. Sue buys Ann a statue of _________, the winged goddess of victory, uniting womanhood and power.
3. ___________, in Greek, means to stand forth with power and dignity, Sue finds in her research.
4. What does Sue begin to collect for her altar as she takes more journeys in the outdoors?
(b) Natural objects.
(d) Her thoughts.
5. What does Sue have done in relation to her face when she is out in Crete with Terry during her trip?
(c) Plaster cast.
6. What is in the dream of Sue has that she awakens from feeling reunited with this lost and defiled symbol of feminine instinct?
(a) Three green stones.
(b) A womb.
(c) Two red snakes.
(d) One white tree.
7. Esther Harding says that being a __________ did not originally mean being chaste, but belonging to one's self.
(b) A maiden.
8. During what Winter Olympics are women given the chance to open up the ceremonies by skiing down the slalom?
9. Who does Sue recall saying that a write needs to have something to say, the ability to express it, and the courage to express it all?
(a) Mary Oliver.
(b) Anne Sexton.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) Maya Angelou.
10. Janet Frame remembers a teacher once praising her for being quiet and no ____________ at all.
11. The Divine Feminine symbol eliminates __________ by leaving noting outside the realm of divinity.
12. During what season is the start of this section of the book, entitled "Initiation?"
13. What is the note on the replica which Sandy gives to Sue of the Minoan woman playing a lyre made of snakes?
(a) Walk with snakes.
(b) Strum your heart out.
(c) Tell your tales.
(d) Play your song.
14. To whom does Sue first pray to as the plane is descending to the speaking engagement's location?
(c) Woman child.
15. In order for a woman to begin to seek the Sacred Feminine, she must first make the Great __________, according to Sue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Athens have to do every seven years as a result of a curse placed upon it? Provide seven sacrifices to __________.
2. Sue feels that God can not be identified with any __________ just as a dancer can not be identified with a given dance.
3. Who accompanies Sue on a speaking trip and performs an impromptu ritual to ask the Feminine Divine to guide and bless them?
4. Who does Sue learn takes an annual ritual bath at Kanathos in order to renew her virginity?
5. The newly awakened woman is a _______ transplanted into hostile soil, until it finds ground in a circle of trees.
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)