|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person that Sue talks to about the journey she experiences in her life?
2. Hierarchy in the world gives rise to the Great ___________, where the feminine is not as revered as the masculine.
3. Womanhood is seen as being too _________ for patriarchal religion, according to Sue.
4. What emotion does the Church seem to equate with sin, according to Sue's experience and research?
5. Sue's grandmother used to call it _____________ or what Sue begins to realize women need to tell themselves.
(a) Absent lies.
(b) Dark truth.
(c) Flat out truth.
(d) Dogged truth.
6. A ___________ is a woman who remains internally dependent and who does not shape her identity and direction as a woman.
7. What does Sue take from the forest in order to create a symbol of herself beginning to hatch her own life?
8. After her slip of the tongue at the monastery, Sue begins to realize that she was immersed in the world of the ____________.
9. Sue believes she has been in a deep _____________ about what the subordination of women does to them psychologically.
10. The ___________ tradition of Christian women included the idea that Jesus wanted the church to be equal and feminist.
11. Women sometimes keep silent in order to avoid being labeled as one of the fanatical ______________.
12. Sue does not think that she should only rely on the Bible for guidance, but also on her own ____________.
13. In May, Sue attended a Journey into ____________ conference on St. Simon Island off the coast of Georgia.
(a) The Sacred Feminine.
14. Sue believes that the story of Eden is one that created ___________ geography in the world.
15. What are the women in Sue's paintings and drawings missing as she begins to draw her feminine wound?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the color of the leaves as Sue walked through the forest along the path around the monastery?
2. Where do Sue and Sandy travel to in order to see Magritte's paintings in a gallery?
3. Psychologists have discovered that there are differences in the ways that the genders make ________ decisions.
4. Carol P. Christ said that a woman's awakening begins with an experience of ______________ in her life.
5. What does Sue decide to burn when she makes a ritual for the way she is going to let go of her feminine wound?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)