|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Sue Monk Kidd have as she relates in the story about her history and her background?
2. What is the profession of the woman who other women pointed out is 'still a woman' even if she is well trained?
3. The church seems to have a stake in orthodoxy, so the __________ people are scary to them.
(c) Closed minded.
4. What does Sue consider to be so pervasive that it is as invisible as polluted air in the world?
5. Sue's grandmother used to call it _____________ or what Sue begins to realize women need to tell themselves.
(a) Dark truth.
(b) Flat out truth.
(c) Absent lies.
(d) Dogged truth.
6. Hierarchy in the world gives rise to the Great ___________, where the feminine is not as revered as the masculine.
7. What is the last church that Sue attempts to join in order to find a place where her beliefs can be supported in a traditional way?
8. Sandy said there was so much green in the house for the holiday season that it looked like ______________.
(a) A forest.
(b) Arbor Day.
(c) A glen.
(d) The national park.
9. Psychologists have discovered that there are differences in the ways that the genders make ________ decisions.
10. Sue does not think that she should only rely on the Bible for guidance, but also on her own ____________.
11. What does a woman in the group feel is a sign to the group and represents a gift to the group?
(a) The water.
(b) The song they sing.
(c) A turtle shell.
(d) The sand.
12. Which child(ren) in the family at the Chatooga River is allowed to go to the edge of the water?
(c) Both the boy and the girl.
13. Alice Walker says that if you are able to write or paint your pain, it will be very ____________ for a person.
14. Which of the writers in the Bible said that in Christ there is no male or female?
15. Sue believes that the story of Eden is one that created ___________ geography in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. A Vacation Bible School teacher tells ___________ that women can not be deacons because men are put at the head.
2. What does Sue learn that some people think that ERA stands for, in addition to Equal Rights Amendment?
3. Sue did not want to believe that she could be wounded by her own ____________ as she began her journey.
4. Sue realizes that in her life, whenever she has had a problem, she has turned to _________ for the answers.
5. In May, Sue attended a Journey into ____________ conference on St. Simon Island off the coast of Georgia.
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)