|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sue decides that she must follow her internal musical instrument, a ___________.
2. A ___________ is a woman who remains internally dependent and who does not shape her identity and direction as a woman.
3. The feminine wound is created as a woman begins to __________ all of the experiences of maleness around her.
(d) Be angry.
4. Womanhood is seen as being too _________ for patriarchal religion, according to Sue.
5. Sue learns that a feminist awakening can often cause an explosion in the ___________ and she worries about the risk of this.
6. One of the academics who Sue hears speak says that Jesus' intention was ___________ and Sandy agrees.
7. Sue's declaration of intent in the beginning of the book and her journey makes her feel like a ____________.
8. What does Sue decide to burn when she makes a ritual for the way she is going to let go of her feminine wound?
(a) Her bra.
(b) A flower.
(c) A Bible.
(d) Her drawings.
9. What does Sue consider to be so pervasive that it is as invisible as polluted air in the world?
10. Florence Nightingale once said that our _________ lies between pain and paralysis.
11. What does a woman in the group feel is a sign to the group and represents a gift to the group?
(a) The song they sing.
(b) The water.
(c) A turtle shell.
(d) The sand.
12. Sue admits that she is not outwardly ___________ in her life, but she is also lacking some sort of internal structure to guide her.
13. Girls, as they grow up, seem to become _____________ in nature, though they are also powerless inside and overwhelmed by the world.
14. Sandy said there was so much green in the house for the holiday season that it looked like ______________.
(a) A forest.
(b) Arbor Day.
(c) The national park.
(d) A glen.
15. ____________ is being raped and disregarded and the church stands aloof, seeing matter as inherently evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of the woman who other women pointed out is 'still a woman' even if she is well trained?
2. Sue believes she has been in a deep _____________ about what the subordination of women does to them psychologically.
3. What does Sue mistakenly call herself when she is at the monastery and introduces herself to someone else?
4. What upsets Sue as she begins to do some research, although she does not take any action as a result?
5. What do the women in the women's consciousness-raising group in the movie explore with a mirror?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)