|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ is being raped and disregarded and the church stands aloof, seeing matter as inherently evil.
2. Florence Nightingale once said that our _________ lies between pain and paralysis.
3. What upsets Sue as she begins to do some research, although she does not take any action as a result?
4. In tribes where men do the ___________, the men are highly revered. But in cultures where women do it, they are not revered.
5. Sue admits that she is not outwardly ___________ in her life, but she is also lacking some sort of internal structure to guide her.
6. What does Sue mistakenly call herself when she is at the monastery and introduces herself to someone else?
(a) Monk Sue.
(b) Father Sue.
(c) Sister Sue.
(d) Mother Sue.
7. What do the women in the women's consciousness-raising group in the movie explore with a mirror?
(a) A car.
(b) The outside world.
(c) Their vaginas.
(d) Their faces.
8. It has been found that a girl's self esteem is lost as they _________ themselves down during their lives.
9. How many children does Sue Monk Kidd have as she relates in the story about her history and her background?
10. Sandy said there was so much green in the house for the holiday season that it looked like ______________.
(a) The national park.
(b) A glen.
(c) Arbor Day.
(d) A forest.
11. Mother and _________ are both the stuff out of which everything is composed, Sue realizes.
12. What was the color of the leaves as Sue walked through the forest along the path around the monastery?
13. Sue realizes she has labeled herself the __________ woman, putting male authority figures at the center of her life and accepting a secondary role.
14. What does Sue learn that some people think that ERA stands for, in addition to Equal Rights Amendment?
(a) Equal Rigid Amazing.
(b) Everything Right All the time.
(c) Everything Remains Allowed.
(d) Eve Ruined Adam.
15. Sue realizes that in her life, whenever she has had a problem, she has turned to _________ for the answers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Girls, as they grow up, seem to become _____________ in nature, though they are also powerless inside and overwhelmed by the world.
2. What emotion does the Church seem to equate with sin, according to Sue's experience and research?
3. Alice Walker says that if you are able to write or paint your pain, it will be very ____________ for a person.
4. Sue did not want to believe that she could be wounded by her own ____________ as she began her journey.
5. What does a woman in the group feel is a sign to the group and represents a gift to the group?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)