|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sisters in the Sexton poem try to cut off their toes in order to make the shoe fit?
(a) Sleeping Beauty's.
2. When a women refrains from anger, as she is supposed to do, she might end up taking refuge in _____________.
3. Girls, as they grow up, seem to become _____________ in nature, though they are also powerless inside and overwhelmed by the world.
4. What does Sue consider to be so pervasive that it is as invisible as polluted air in the world?
5. Sue's declaration of intent in the beginning of the book and her journey makes her feel like a ____________.
6. Sue admits that she is not outwardly ___________ in her life, but she is also lacking some sort of internal structure to guide her.
7. What does Sue learn that some people think that ERA stands for, in addition to Equal Rights Amendment?
(a) Everything Right All the time.
(b) Equal Rigid Amazing.
(c) Eve Ruined Adam.
(d) Everything Remains Allowed.
8. What do the women in the women's consciousness-raising group in the movie explore with a mirror?
(a) Their faces.
(b) A car.
(c) The outside world.
(d) Their vaginas.
9. What is NOT one of the things that Sue Monk Kidd says that women will encounter in the workforce?
(a) Traditional assumptions.
10. A man at a mixed gender retreat responded to a woman's concern that the Church marginalized women by saying that the church is _______ and it makes mistakes.
11. In which portion of the Bible do women seem to be mentioned more frequently?
(a) Both testaments are equal.
(b) Old Testament.
(c) New Testament.
(d) They aren't mentioned at all.
12. Sue believes that like the Tin Man in "The Wizard of Oz," patriarchal society's heart is being cut away by a ____________.
(a) Fake wizard.
(b) Cursed ax.
(d) Lack of oil.
13. In tribes where men do the ___________, the men are highly revered. But in cultures where women do it, they are not revered.
14. Who wants Sue to drop the feminist thing in order to follow what they want?
(d) The priest.
15. Sue decides that she must follow her internal musical instrument, a ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ is being raped and disregarded and the church stands aloof, seeing matter as inherently evil.
2. What is the last church that Sue attempts to join in order to find a place where her beliefs can be supported in a traditional way?
3. Sue feels that teenage girls begin to change in those years, sleeping _________ and seeing fitful glimpses of fearful truth.
4. Who does not want Sue to go to a planned retreat at a monastery when she is struggling with her emotions?
5. It has been found that a girl's self esteem is lost as they _________ themselves down during their lives.
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)