|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A ___________ is a woman who remains internally dependent and who does not shape her identity and direction as a woman.
2. Which of the writers in the Bible said that in Christ there is no male or female?
3. Both sexes contain the same qualities in their decision-making, but their _____________ differs.
4. What upsets Sue as she begins to do some research, although she does not take any action as a result?
5. What does Sue mistakenly call herself when she is at the monastery and introduces herself to someone else?
(a) Mother Sue.
(b) Monk Sue.
(c) Father Sue.
(d) Sister Sue.
6. Sue does not think that she should only rely on the Bible for guidance, but also on her own ____________.
7. What is NOT one of the things that Sue Monk Kidd says that women will encounter in the workforce?
(c) Traditional assumptions.
8. In the epistle of Timothy, what is a woman supposed to do in all of her submissiveness?
(a) Pray for their souls.
(b) Look down.
(c) Be silent.
(d) Look up.
9. Who was at the top of the chart the visiting preacher had drawn in order to show the idea of a God-ordained family?
10. Sue feels that teenage girls begin to change in those years, sleeping _________ and seeing fitful glimpses of fearful truth.
11. The ___________ tradition of Christian women included the idea that Jesus wanted the church to be equal and feminist.
12. After her slip of the tongue at the monastery, Sue begins to realize that she was immersed in the world of the ____________.
13. A man at a mixed gender retreat responded to a woman's concern that the Church marginalized women by saying that the church is _______ and it makes mistakes.
14. Sue recognizes that she needs to forgive herself for not being born __________, a strange idea for her.
(d) All knowing.
15. Who is the teacher at the charm school that Sue attends when she is a young girl?
(a) Miss Manners.
(b) Miss Susie.
(c) Miss Belle.
(d) Miss Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which portion of the Bible do women seem to be mentioned more frequently?
2. What does Sue consider to be so pervasive that it is as invisible as polluted air in the world?
3. Who is the first person that Sue talks to about the journey she experiences in her life?
4. De Beauvoir notes that if a daughter challenges the system, the mother would favor the ___________.
5. What do the women in the women's consciousness-raising group in the movie explore with a mirror?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)