|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the color of the leaves as Sue walked through the forest along the path around the monastery?
2. De Beauvoir notes that if a daughter challenges the system, the mother would favor the ___________.
3. What are the women in Sue's paintings and drawings missing as she begins to draw her feminine wound?
4. Carol P. Christ said that a woman's awakening begins with an experience of ______________ in her life.
(c) Hectic energy.
5. What is Sue's daughter stocking when the incident with the men takes place in the beginning of the book?
6. A recently ordained minister tells Sue that she is asked to remove her ____________ before officiating so as to take the attention away from her gender.
7. Florence Nightingale once said that our _________ lies between pain and paralysis.
8. Sandy said there was so much green in the house for the holiday season that it looked like ______________.
(a) The national park.
(b) Arbor Day.
(c) A glen.
(d) A forest.
9. Who is the first person that Sue talks to about the journey she experiences in her life?
10. What is the thing that Sue immersed herself in, even though she actually disliked doing this?
11. Sue feels that teenage girls begin to change in those years, sleeping _________ and seeing fitful glimpses of fearful truth.
12. In which portion of the Bible do women seem to be mentioned more frequently?
(a) Old Testament.
(b) Both testaments are equal.
(c) They aren't mentioned at all.
(d) New Testament.
13. Who wants Sue to drop the feminist thing in order to follow what they want?
(a) The priest.
14. Sue decides that she must follow her internal musical instrument, a ___________.
15. A man at a mixed gender retreat responded to a woman's concern that the Church marginalized women by saying that the church is _______ and it makes mistakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Girls, as they grow up, seem to become _____________ in nature, though they are also powerless inside and overwhelmed by the world.
2. Over time, since Sue did not know what to do about her experience at the monastery, she _____________ it.
3. Being _______ had always seemed vaguely limiting, confining, lacking in power, and second-class.
4. What does Sue take from the forest in order to create a symbol of herself beginning to hatch her own life?
5. Where do Sue and Sandy travel to in order to see Magritte's paintings in a gallery?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)