|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the nickname that was given to Sue as a child by her brother, according to her recollection?
(a) Brother Sue.
(b) Sue Monk.
(c) Sue Bee.
2. Sue recognizes that she needs to forgive herself for not being born __________, a strange idea for her.
(d) All knowing.
3. What was the color of the leaves as Sue walked through the forest along the path around the monastery?
4. Sue learns that a feminist awakening can often cause an explosion in the ___________ and she worries about the risk of this.
5. Where do Sue and Sandy travel to in order to see Magritte's paintings in a gallery?
(b) New York.
6. Florence Nightingale once said that our _________ lies between pain and paralysis.
7. A man at a mixed gender retreat responded to a woman's concern that the Church marginalized women by saying that the church is _______ and it makes mistakes.
8. What does a woman in the group feel is a sign to the group and represents a gift to the group?
(a) A turtle shell.
(b) The water.
(c) The sand.
(d) The song they sing.
9. Who is the teacher at the charm school that Sue attends when she is a young girl?
(a) Miss Belle.
(b) Miss Susie.
(c) Miss Ann.
(d) Miss Manners.
10. ____________ is being raped and disregarded and the church stands aloof, seeing matter as inherently evil.
11. To name, Sue says, is to define and to shape __________ in one's life, according to her lessons.
(c) The future.
12. Sue believes she has been in a deep _____________ about what the subordination of women does to them psychologically.
13. One must work hard to have one's energy flow towards _____________, Sue finds.
14. What happens to Sue as she is talking to Sandy about the emotions coming up for her?
(a) She decides to get a divorce.
(b) She gets angrier and angrier.
(c) She breaks her dish.
(d) She becomes quieter.
15. What upsets Sue as she begins to do some research, although she does not take any action as a result?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue do as a child when she encounters a statue of Mary and feels drawn to it? What does she say?
2. Both sexes contain the same qualities in their decision-making, but their _____________ differs.
3. Who was at the top of the chart the visiting preacher had drawn in order to show the idea of a God-ordained family?
4. What is the last church that Sue attempts to join in order to find a place where her beliefs can be supported in a traditional way?
5. In her moment of awakening, Sue began to touch the ___________ of her feminine life.
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)