|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue mistakenly call herself when she is at the monastery and introduces herself to someone else?
(a) Sister Sue.
(b) Monk Sue.
(c) Mother Sue.
(d) Father Sue.
2. Sue decides that she must follow her internal musical instrument, a ___________.
3. Sandy said there was so much green in the house for the holiday season that it looked like ______________.
(a) A forest.
(b) A glen.
(c) Arbor Day.
(d) The national park.
4. What was the nickname that was given to Sue as a child by her brother, according to her recollection?
(a) Brother Sue.
(b) Sue Bee.
(d) Sue Monk.
5. How many children does Sue Monk Kidd have as she relates in the story about her history and her background?
6. Hierarchy in the world gives rise to the Great ___________, where the feminine is not as revered as the masculine.
7. Womanhood is seen as being too _________ for patriarchal religion, according to Sue.
8. What is the color of the journal Sue begins when she feels as though she needs to cast away the old in order to make way for the new?
9. What emotion does the Church seem to equate with sin, according to Sue's experience and research?
10. Sue believes she has been in a deep _____________ about what the subordination of women does to them psychologically.
11. What is Sue's daughter stocking when the incident with the men takes place in the beginning of the book?
12. What did Sue write about in the first fictional story she ever wrote? A story about a woman who _________ nearly every night.
(c) Walked in her sleep.
(d) Cried in her sleep.
13. The Sacred Feminine keeps a woman powerful and __________ in herself but connected to everything else in the world.
14. What does Sue take from the forest in order to create a symbol of herself beginning to hatch her own life?
15. Sue learns that a feminist awakening can often cause an explosion in the ___________ and she worries about the risk of this.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christian communities continue to accept the Letter of __________ as proof that women are to be silenced.
2. In tribes where men do the ___________, the men are highly revered. But in cultures where women do it, they are not revered.
3. A ___________ is a woman who remains internally dependent and who does not shape her identity and direction as a woman.
4. Over time, since Sue did not know what to do about her experience at the monastery, she _____________ it.
5. Girls, as they grow up, seem to become _____________ in nature, though they are also powerless inside and overwhelmed by the world.
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)