|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Womanhood is seen as being too _________ for patriarchal religion, according to Sue.
2. A Vacation Bible School teacher tells ___________ that women can not be deacons because men are put at the head.
3. Sue realizes she has labeled herself the __________ woman, putting male authority figures at the center of her life and accepting a secondary role.
4. What are the women in Sue's paintings and drawings missing as she begins to draw her feminine wound?
5. What did Sue write about in the first fictional story she ever wrote? A story about a woman who _________ nearly every night.
(a) Walked in her sleep.
(b) Cried in her sleep.
6. Sandy said there was so much green in the house for the holiday season that it looked like ______________.
(a) A forest.
(b) A glen.
(c) Arbor Day.
(d) The national park.
7. The church seems to have a stake in orthodoxy, so the __________ people are scary to them.
(c) Closed minded.
8. Recognizing the feminine wound is important as it is the way for women to stop being ___________ in society.
9. A man at a mixed gender retreat responded to a woman's concern that the Church marginalized women by saying that the church is _______ and it makes mistakes.
10. Over time, since Sue did not know what to do about her experience at the monastery, she _____________ it.
(a) Shared a story about.
(b) Trivialized it.
(c) Laughed about.
11. Who wants Sue to drop the feminist thing in order to follow what they want?
(a) The priest.
12. Sue feels that teenage girls begin to change in those years, sleeping _________ and seeing fitful glimpses of fearful truth.
13. Alice Walker says that if you are able to write or paint your pain, it will be very ____________ for a person.
14. What is NOT one of the things that Sue Monk Kidd says that women will encounter in the workforce?
(d) Traditional assumptions.
15. When a women refrains from anger, as she is supposed to do, she might end up taking refuge in _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne Wilson Sherf notes that being born female is often equated with being born ___________ in some way.
2. The feminine wound is created as a woman begins to __________ all of the experiences of maleness around her.
3. What does Sue take from the forest in order to create a symbol of herself beginning to hatch her own life?
4. Sue believes that the story of Eden is one that created ___________ geography in the world.
5. How many children does Sue Monk Kidd have as she relates in the story about her history and her background?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)