|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her moment of awakening, Sue began to touch the ___________ of her feminine life.
2. ____________ is being raped and disregarded and the church stands aloof, seeing matter as inherently evil.
3. To name, Sue says, is to define and to shape __________ in one's life, according to her lessons.
(c) The future.
4. ___________ are said to represent regeneration, female wisdom, and power, according to Sue's research.
5. Hierarchy in the world gives rise to the Great ___________, where the feminine is not as revered as the masculine.
6. Where do Sue and Sandy travel to in order to see Magritte's paintings in a gallery?
(a) New York.
7. What is NOT one of the things that Sue Monk Kidd says that women will encounter in the workforce?
(b) Traditional assumptions.
8. Alice Walker says that if you are able to write or paint your pain, it will be very ____________ for a person.
9. The feminine wound is created as a woman begins to __________ all of the experiences of maleness around her.
(a) Be angry.
10. Sue does not think that she should only rely on the Bible for guidance, but also on her own ____________.
11. What is the profession of the woman who other women pointed out is 'still a woman' even if she is well trained?
12. When a women refrains from anger, as she is supposed to do, she might end up taking refuge in _____________.
13. In May, Sue attended a Journey into ____________ conference on St. Simon Island off the coast of Georgia.
(c) The Sacred Feminine.
14. Sue wants to know why _________ put enmity between Eve and her Feminine Source.
(d) The President.
15. What is the last church that Sue attempts to join in order to find a place where her beliefs can be supported in a traditional way?
Short Answer Questions
1. The ___________ tradition of Christian women included the idea that Jesus wanted the church to be equal and feminist.
2. Sue believes that the story of Eden is one that created ___________ geography in the world.
3. Girls, as they grow up, seem to become _____________ in nature, though they are also powerless inside and overwhelmed by the world.
4. Florence Nightingale once said that our _________ lies between pain and paralysis.
5. Sue realizes that in her life, whenever she has had a problem, she has turned to _________ for the answers.
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)