|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue do as a child when she encounters a statue of Mary and feels drawn to it? What does she say?
(a) Mother Mine.
(b) Hail Mary.
(d) Mother of all.
2. A ___________ is a woman who remains internally dependent and who does not shape her identity and direction as a woman.
3. Who was called the second in creation and the first to sin in the teachings of Sue's Baptist upbringing?
4. It has been found that a girl's self esteem is lost as they _________ themselves down during their lives.
5. Sue believes she has been in a deep _____________ about what the subordination of women does to them psychologically.
6. Sue admits that she is not outwardly ___________ in her life, but she is also lacking some sort of internal structure to guide her.
7. Being _______ had always seemed vaguely limiting, confining, lacking in power, and second-class.
(d) A writer.
8. What happens to Sue as she is talking to Sandy about the emotions coming up for her?
(a) She breaks her dish.
(b) She becomes quieter.
(c) She decides to get a divorce.
(d) She gets angrier and angrier.
9. After her slip of the tongue at the monastery, Sue begins to realize that she was immersed in the world of the ____________.
10. What does Sue take from the forest in order to create a symbol of herself beginning to hatch her own life?
11. To name, Sue says, is to define and to shape __________ in one's life, according to her lessons.
(c) The future.
12. Who wants Sue to drop the feminist thing in order to follow what they want?
(c) The priest.
13. What does Sue consider to be so pervasive that it is as invisible as polluted air in the world?
14. Sue wants to know why _________ put enmity between Eve and her Feminine Source.
(b) The President.
15. Sandy said there was so much green in the house for the holiday season that it looked like ______________.
(a) A forest.
(b) A glen.
(c) The national park.
(d) Arbor Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things that Sue Monk Kidd says that women will encounter in the workforce?
2. Recognizing the feminine wound is important as it is the way for women to stop being ___________ in society.
3. One of the academics who Sue hears speak says that Jesus' intention was ___________ and Sandy agrees.
4. What was the color of the leaves as Sue walked through the forest along the path around the monastery?
5. Carol P. Christ said that a woman's awakening begins with an experience of ______________ in her life.
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)