|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue consider to be so pervasive that it is as invisible as polluted air in the world?
2. Sue learns that a feminist awakening can often cause an explosion in the ___________ and she worries about the risk of this.
3. When a women refrains from anger, as she is supposed to do, she might end up taking refuge in _____________.
4. What does Sue do as a child when she encounters a statue of Mary and feels drawn to it? What does she say?
(a) Mother Mine.
(c) Hail Mary.
(d) Mother of all.
5. In tribes where men do the ___________, the men are highly revered. But in cultures where women do it, they are not revered.
6. One must work hard to have one's energy flow towards _____________, Sue finds.
7. Over time, since Sue did not know what to do about her experience at the monastery, she _____________ it.
(b) Trivialized it.
(c) Shared a story about.
(d) Laughed about.
8. In her moment of awakening, Sue began to touch the ___________ of her feminine life.
9. The ___________ tradition of Christian women included the idea that Jesus wanted the church to be equal and feminist.
10. What is the color of the journal Sue begins when she feels as though she needs to cast away the old in order to make way for the new?
11. Who is the first person that Sue talks to about the journey she experiences in her life?
12. Recognizing the feminine wound is important as it is the way for women to stop being ___________ in society.
13. Carol P. Christ said that a woman's awakening begins with an experience of ______________ in her life.
(a) Hectic energy.
14. Hierarchy in the world gives rise to the Great ___________, where the feminine is not as revered as the masculine.
15. ____________ is being raped and disregarded and the church stands aloof, seeing matter as inherently evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. A ___________ is a woman who remains internally dependent and who does not shape her identity and direction as a woman.
2. What do the women in the women's consciousness-raising group in the movie explore with a mirror?
3. A man at a mixed gender retreat responded to a woman's concern that the Church marginalized women by saying that the church is _______ and it makes mistakes.
4. What is NOT one of the things that Sue Monk Kidd says that women will encounter in the workforce?
5. Anne Wilson Sherf notes that being born female is often equated with being born ___________ in some way.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)