|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of the woman who other women pointed out is 'still a woman' even if she is well trained?
2. What prompts the beginning of a journey, according to Sue's own experience?
(b) Another woman.
3. Carol P. Christ said that a woman's awakening begins with an experience of ______________ in her life.
(b) Hectic energy.
4. Which child(ren) in the family at the Chatooga River is allowed to go to the edge of the water?
(c) Both the boy and the girl.
5. Which sisters in the Sexton poem try to cut off their toes in order to make the shoe fit?
(a) Sleeping Beauty's.
6. Both sexes contain the same qualities in their decision-making, but their _____________ differs.
7. A recently ordained minister tells Sue that she is asked to remove her ____________ before officiating so as to take the attention away from her gender.
8. Sue feels that teenage girls begin to change in those years, sleeping _________ and seeing fitful glimpses of fearful truth.
9. Sue believes that the story of Eden is one that created ___________ geography in the world.
10. Sue tries to become more ____________ with God, but the maleness of his figure begins to make her feel uncomfortable.
11. What does Sue do as a child when she encounters a statue of Mary and feels drawn to it? What does she say?
(a) Mother Mine.
(b) Mother of all.
(c) Hail Mary.
12. What is Sue's daughter stocking when the incident with the men takes place in the beginning of the book?
13. What does Sue consider to be so pervasive that it is as invisible as polluted air in the world?
14. Sue does not think that she should only rely on the Bible for guidance, but also on her own ____________.
15. In which portion of the Bible do women seem to be mentioned more frequently?
(a) Both testaments are equal.
(b) Old Testament.
(c) They aren't mentioned at all.
(d) New Testament.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last church that Sue attempts to join in order to find a place where her beliefs can be supported in a traditional way?
2. Sue believes she has been in a deep _____________ about what the subordination of women does to them psychologically.
3. Sandy said there was so much green in the house for the holiday season that it looked like ______________.
4. Sue learns that a feminist awakening can often cause an explosion in the ___________ and she worries about the risk of this.
5. What emotion does the Church seem to equate with sin, according to Sue's experience and research?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)