|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a women refrains from anger, as she is supposed to do, she might end up taking refuge in _____________.
2. Sue decides that she must follow her internal musical instrument, a ___________.
3. ___________ are said to represent regeneration, female wisdom, and power, according to Sue's research.
4. It has been found that a girl's self esteem is lost as they _________ themselves down during their lives.
5. Christian communities continue to accept the Letter of __________ as proof that women are to be silenced.
6. Which sisters in the Sexton poem try to cut off their toes in order to make the shoe fit?
(d) Sleeping Beauty's.
7. What are the women in Sue's paintings and drawings missing as she begins to draw her feminine wound?
8. Psychologists have discovered that there are differences in the ways that the genders make ________ decisions.
9. Sue feels that teenage girls begin to change in those years, sleeping _________ and seeing fitful glimpses of fearful truth.
10. Which of the writers in the Bible said that in Christ there is no male or female?
11. What does Sue decide to burn when she makes a ritual for the way she is going to let go of her feminine wound?
(a) Her drawings.
(b) A flower.
(c) Her bra.
(d) A Bible.
12. Sue believes that the story of Eden is one that created ___________ geography in the world.
13. What is the last church that Sue attempts to join in order to find a place where her beliefs can be supported in a traditional way?
14. What does Sue do as a child when she encounters a statue of Mary and feels drawn to it? What does she say?
(a) Hail Mary.
(b) Mother Mine.
(c) Mother of all.
15. What emotion does the Church seem to equate with sin, according to Sue's experience and research?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was called the second in creation and the first to sin in the teachings of Sue's Baptist upbringing?
2. Sue's declaration of intent in the beginning of the book and her journey makes her feel like a ____________.
3. Sue's grandmother used to call it _____________ or what Sue begins to realize women need to tell themselves.
4. Sue admits that she is not outwardly ___________ in her life, but she is also lacking some sort of internal structure to guide her.
5. What was the color of the leaves as Sue walked through the forest along the path around the monastery?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)