|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue mistakenly call herself when she is at the monastery and introduces herself to someone else?
(a) Father Sue.
(b) Mother Sue.
(c) Sister Sue.
(d) Monk Sue.
2. To name, Sue says, is to define and to shape __________ in one's life, according to her lessons.
(a) The future.
3. Women sometimes keep silent in order to avoid being labeled as one of the fanatical ______________.
4. Sue learns that a feminist awakening can often cause an explosion in the ___________ and she worries about the risk of this.
5. Sue's grandmother used to call it _____________ or what Sue begins to realize women need to tell themselves.
(a) Absent lies.
(b) Flat out truth.
(c) Dark truth.
(d) Dogged truth.
6. The church seems to have a stake in orthodoxy, so the __________ people are scary to them.
(c) Closed minded.
7. Sue believes that like the Tin Man in "The Wizard of Oz," patriarchal society's heart is being cut away by a ____________.
(b) Lack of oil.
(c) Fake wizard.
(d) Cursed ax.
8. Psychologists have discovered that there are differences in the ways that the genders make ________ decisions.
9. When a women refrains from anger, as she is supposed to do, she might end up taking refuge in _____________.
10. Who was called the second in creation and the first to sin in the teachings of Sue's Baptist upbringing?
11. A man at a mixed gender retreat responded to a woman's concern that the Church marginalized women by saying that the church is _______ and it makes mistakes.
12. Sue did not want to believe that she could be wounded by her own ____________ as she began her journey.
13. What emotion does the Church seem to equate with sin, according to Sue's experience and research?
14. Which child(ren) in the family at the Chatooga River is allowed to go to the edge of the water?
(c) Both the boy and the girl.
15. In tribes where men do the ___________, the men are highly revered. But in cultures where women do it, they are not revered.
Short Answer Questions
1. A recently ordained minister tells Sue that she is asked to remove her ____________ before officiating so as to take the attention away from her gender.
2. Womanhood is seen as being too _________ for patriarchal religion, according to Sue.
3. What does a woman in the group feel is a sign to the group and represents a gift to the group?
4. What does Sue do as a child when she encounters a statue of Mary and feels drawn to it? What does she say?
5. What is Sue's daughter stocking when the incident with the men takes place in the beginning of the book?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)