|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sandy said there was so much green in the house for the holiday season that it looked like ______________.
(a) Arbor Day.
(b) The national park.
(c) A forest.
(d) A glen.
2. Anne Wilson Sherf notes that being born female is often equated with being born ___________ in some way.
3. Sue believes that like the Tin Man in "The Wizard of Oz," patriarchal society's heart is being cut away by a ____________.
(a) Fake wizard.
(b) Cursed ax.
(c) Lack of oil.
4. It has been found that a girl's self esteem is lost as they _________ themselves down during their lives.
5. In which portion of the Bible do women seem to be mentioned more frequently?
(a) New Testament.
(b) Both testaments are equal.
(c) They aren't mentioned at all.
(d) Old Testament.
6. Being _______ had always seemed vaguely limiting, confining, lacking in power, and second-class.
(a) A writer.
7. One must work hard to have one's energy flow towards _____________, Sue finds.
8. What is Sue's daughter stocking when the incident with the men takes place in the beginning of the book?
9. When Sue begins to realize that the Church is causing her to be less than a person, she asks the question, "God, how ________?
(a) Did man become honored?
(b) Are you?
(c) Do you live with yourself?
(d) Could you?
10. Who was at the top of the chart the visiting preacher had drawn in order to show the idea of a God-ordained family?
11. What did Sue write about in the first fictional story she ever wrote? A story about a woman who _________ nearly every night.
(b) Cried in her sleep.
(d) Walked in her sleep.
12. Sue did not want to believe that she could be wounded by her own ____________ as she began her journey.
13. In tribes where men do the ___________, the men are highly revered. But in cultures where women do it, they are not revered.
14. Women sometimes keep silent in order to avoid being labeled as one of the fanatical ______________.
15. ____________ is being raped and disregarded and the church stands aloof, seeing matter as inherently evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue decide to burn when she makes a ritual for the way she is going to let go of her feminine wound?
2. A recently ordained minister tells Sue that she is asked to remove her ____________ before officiating so as to take the attention away from her gender.
3. What does Sue consider to be so pervasive that it is as invisible as polluted air in the world?
4. What is the last church that Sue attempts to join in order to find a place where her beliefs can be supported in a traditional way?
5. Psychologists have discovered that there are differences in the ways that the genders make ________ decisions.
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)