|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women in the women's consciousness-raising group in the movie explore with a mirror?
(a) Their faces.
(b) A car.
(c) Their vaginas.
(d) The outside world.
2. Which child(ren) in the family at the Chatooga River is allowed to go to the edge of the water?
(d) Both the boy and the girl.
3. Sue realizes that in her life, whenever she has had a problem, she has turned to _________ for the answers.
4. What upsets Sue as she begins to do some research, although she does not take any action as a result?
5. Sandy said there was so much green in the house for the holiday season that it looked like ______________.
(a) A glen.
(b) The national park.
(c) A forest.
(d) Arbor Day.
6. Christian communities continue to accept the Letter of __________ as proof that women are to be silenced.
7. What was the color of the leaves as Sue walked through the forest along the path around the monastery?
8. The church seems to have a stake in orthodoxy, so the __________ people are scary to them.
(c) Closed minded.
9. A recently ordained minister tells Sue that she is asked to remove her ____________ before officiating so as to take the attention away from her gender.
10. Over time, since Sue did not know what to do about her experience at the monastery, she _____________ it.
(a) Shared a story about.
(b) Trivialized it.
(d) Laughed about.
11. The patriarchy seems to consider and accept _______ and dependence as being natural states of being.
(d) Blind faith.
12. After her slip of the tongue at the monastery, Sue begins to realize that she was immersed in the world of the ____________.
13. Sue believes she has been in a deep _____________ about what the subordination of women does to them psychologically.
14. What does Sue consider to be so pervasive that it is as invisible as polluted air in the world?
15. Sue wants to know why _________ put enmity between Eve and her Feminine Source.
(b) The President.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person that Sue talks to about the journey she experiences in her life?
2. Which of the writers in the Bible said that in Christ there is no male or female?
3. Sue recognizes that she needs to forgive herself for not being born __________, a strange idea for her.
4. Mother and _________ are both the stuff out of which everything is composed, Sue realizes.
5. The ___________ tradition of Christian women included the idea that Jesus wanted the church to be equal and feminist.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)