|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a woman in the group feel is a sign to the group and represents a gift to the group?
(a) The song they sing.
(b) The water.
(c) The sand.
(d) A turtle shell.
2. When a women refrains from anger, as she is supposed to do, she might end up taking refuge in _____________.
3. Sue decides that she must follow her internal musical instrument, a ___________.
4. In the epistle of Timothy, what is a woman supposed to do in all of her submissiveness?
(a) Look down.
(b) Look up.
(c) Be silent.
(d) Pray for their souls.
5. What is the color of the journal Sue begins when she feels as though she needs to cast away the old in order to make way for the new?
6. In which portion of the Bible do women seem to be mentioned more frequently?
(a) Both testaments are equal.
(b) New Testament.
(c) They aren't mentioned at all.
(d) Old Testament.
7. Which of the writers in the Bible said that in Christ there is no male or female?
8. Sue learns that a feminist awakening can often cause an explosion in the ___________ and she worries about the risk of this.
9. Which sisters in the Sexton poem try to cut off their toes in order to make the shoe fit?
(b) Sleeping Beauty's.
10. Sue feels that teenage girls begin to change in those years, sleeping _________ and seeing fitful glimpses of fearful truth.
11. One of the academics who Sue hears speak says that Jesus' intention was ___________ and Sandy agrees.
12. What is NOT one of the things that Sue Monk Kidd says that women will encounter in the workforce?
(a) Traditional assumptions.
13. What was the nickname that was given to Sue as a child by her brother, according to her recollection?
(a) Sue Monk.
(b) Brother Sue.
(d) Sue Bee.
14. In tribes where men do the ___________, the men are highly revered. But in cultures where women do it, they are not revered.
15. Who was called the second in creation and the first to sin in the teachings of Sue's Baptist upbringing?
Short Answer Questions
1. After her slip of the tongue at the monastery, Sue begins to realize that she was immersed in the world of the ____________.
2. Women sometimes keep silent in order to avoid being labeled as one of the fanatical ______________.
3. What is the last church that Sue attempts to join in order to find a place where her beliefs can be supported in a traditional way?
4. Hierarchy in the world gives rise to the Great ___________, where the feminine is not as revered as the masculine.
5. Anne Wilson Sherf notes that being born female is often equated with being born ___________ in some way.
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)