Objective: The anger that Sue feels when her daughter is mocked by the men is evident in her response. The objective of this lesson is to discuss the power of speaking up for others and the possible weakness of doing so.
1) 1. Have each student describe how they would react if they are put into the same situation as Sue.
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they think it is right for Sue to stand up to the men.
3. As a class, have the students discuss the advantages of speaking up for others who are being mocked. Are there disadvantages to speaking up for others who cannot speak for themselves?
4. Homework: Have each student discuss how they would have handled the situation if she was Sue's daughter.
5. Homework: Have students discuss the possible weakness which can come from speaking up for others.
6. Homework: Have the student decide...
This section contains 5,320 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)